AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-14, 22:45   Link #2121
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I'll give it a shot, but I'll do it after I sleep on it...

Come to think of it, we also need to look into why Haruki is in this 'manliness' phase and why Mitsuru is the lucky victchosen one.

Haruki is a young man just oozing hot bloodedness, but he has been confined by the prison of society. The "trigger" conversation with Kyon-chan gave him the idea and motivation to spread the traits of GAR across the world.

Or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Isn't the Book 4 version of Mikuru mentioned to be a foriegn exchange student? Or am I misremembering things again? Would that explain why she wasn't around before three years ago? (Yuki on the other hand can fix the data for her back story if anyone cared).
I don't remember any of that.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:51   Link #2122
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Isn't the Book 4 version of Mikuru mentioned to be a foreign exchange student? Or am I misremembering things again? Would that explain why she wasn't around before three years ago? (Yuki on the other hand can fix the data for her back story if anyone cared).
Er, no, I don't think so. She was probably a transfer student, but it was never mentioned. Kyon was too obsessed with finding Haruhi to really bother finding out, I think.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:53   Link #2123
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Er, no, I don't think so. She was probably a transfer student, but it was never mentioned. Kyon was too obsessed with finding Haruhi to really bother finding out, I think.
I did a search on that, and there's nothing in there about Asahina being a transfer student. Koizumi was a transfer student, but to Kouyouen High.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:54   Link #2124
beanbrew
Seitenkan's Warmonger
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In your cat.
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to beanbrew
Finished my edit of Kaisos' Chapter 2 Part 1:

Spoiler for Chapter 2 Part 1 - bb edit:

________
mercedes wiki

Last edited by beanbrew; 2011-01-24 at 20:06.
beanbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:56   Link #2125
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I did a search on that, and there's nothing in there about Asahina being a transfer student. Koizumi was a transfer student, but to Kouyouen High.
I just said it was never mentioned... just my speculation.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:57   Link #2126
CatzCradle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, the early volumes of Haruhi. The ones where her hair is actually black like it's supposed to be...
Then do you guys prefer if we drew via style from the anime or our own style?

Also, fanart dump:



Even though I prefer Haruki to wear headbands (the ribbon tied around forehead style!), I have to admit he also looks good in headphones.

One more thing I have to ask, why is it Asakura Ryo? Personally, I like Asakura Ryouto because it keeps the syllable count constant...
__________________

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:00   Link #2127
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
Then do you guys prefer if we drew via style from the anime or our own style?

Also, fanart dump:



Even though I prefer Haruki to wear headbands (the ribbon tied around forehead style!), I have to admit he also looks good in headphones.

One more thing I have to ask, why is it Asakura Ryo? Personally, I like Asakura Ryouto because it keeps the syllable count constant...
Ryou was the first thing I thought of... no one complained, so...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:00   Link #2128
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
One more thing I have to ask, why is it Asakura Ryo? Personally, I like Asakura Ryouto because it keeps the syllable count constant...
Because it works either way.


Can you get a bigger version of that last picture?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:02   Link #2129
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I must have got it from this line from Chapter One of Book 4 (off Baka-Tsuki):

"Nagato had turned into a bespectacled book-loving girl. Asahina-san had turned into a foreign senior. Koizumi had never transferred to North High, probably still studying somewhere else. "
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:02   Link #2130
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Ryouta is actually the name accepted in the japanese fandom right?

Edit: Uwa. Beaten by seconds.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:03   Link #2131
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I must have got it from this line from Chapter One of Book 4 (off Baka-Tsuki):

"Nagato had turned into a bespectacled book-loving girl. Asahina-san had turned into a foreign senior. Koizumi had never transferred to North High, probably still studying somewhere else. "
"Foreign", here, meaning "distant".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Ryouta is actually the name accepted in the japanese fandom right?
We're not the Japanese fandom though, are we?


POLL: Ryou or Ryouta?
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:04   Link #2132
CatzCradle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Ryou was the first thing I thought of... no one complained, so...
I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Because it works either way.


Can you get a bigger version of that last picture?


I think it's an alternate version to endless fight. And, can anyone answer my other question regarding styles?
__________________

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:07   Link #2133
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
POLL: Ryou or Ryouta?
I choose Ryou.
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:07   Link #2134
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
@CatzCradle: I'd say it's a fan's depiction of Asakura's harassment of Kyon-chan before Nagato intervenes.

As for styles, I'm guessing that for the novel inserts we're trying to emulate the style of Noizi Ito, but for anything else feel free to do whatever you want.

I choose Ryou.
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:07   Link #2135
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
I think it's an alternate version to endless fight. And, can anyone answer my other question regarding styles?
Doesn't matter. Your choice.

Bah, beaten by seconds, too.

+2 for Ryou.

Any others?

Hey, you know what would be funny? A topic composed of conversations through retroactively edited posts.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:10   Link #2136
CatzCradle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
@CatzCradle: I'd say it's a fan's depiction of Asakura's harassment of Kyon-chan before Nagato intervenes.

As for styles, I'm guessing that for the novel inserts we're trying to emulate the style of Noizi Ito, but for anything else feel free to do whatever you want.

I choose Ryou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Doesn't matter. Your choice.

Bah, beaten by seconds, too.

+2 for Ryou.

Any others?
Okay, thanks... for the very ambiguous answers...
Ryouto please.
__________________

CatzCradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:11   Link #2137
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzCradle View Post
Okay, thanks... for the very ambiguous answers...
Ryouto please.
Well, what were you looking for?

+3 for Ryou, as you can count me in as well.

+1 for Ryouto.

+0 for Ryouta.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:12   Link #2138
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
What's the kanji for "Ryouta" ?
__________________
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:13   Link #2139
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Socal
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
What's the kanji for "Ryouta" ?
I think it's this: 亮太
__________________

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:14   Link #2140
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 29
Ryou does make sense I think. Ryouto in Japanese would mean roughly "Ryou&" which hilariously reminds me of Yousubato!/Yousuba&
Ryouta as 涼太 is a rather typical male name, albeit not terribly inspiring.




By the way, we're not using this 椋, but 涼.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.