AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-08, 16:12   Link #61
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kalevala
This anime has a lot of potential, they havent made "traditional" like fantasy in a while right?

I'll try to avoid ranting and raving, but this show just has all the potential starting from the rpg cliché jokes to fantasy kingdom simulation.

Pity if it'll be only around 13 episodes, though since the date for the show to start airing hasnt been closed I can only hope the artists will have some time to come up with more stuff.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-09 at 16:58. Reason: You can't ask the question you edited in due to the forum rules, so I removed it...
Graus is offline  
Old 2008-03-09, 07:45   Link #62
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
yes. in the manga, they parody a lot of things, such as diamond studded crowns that has armour protection 16 (same as a heavy knight helmet) but weights much less! and show auctions and such.

its just a fun fun anime.

sure late on it'll get a bit more serious, as rpg parodies can get.

but yeah.

we lack harem anime this year!
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-03-23, 23:40   Link #63
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The DVD special is out. It's basically that promo/OP/whatever plus three more. I assume another OP and two EDs, but what do I know.

Alterna-OP?


ED1 (?)


ED2 (?)
aroduc is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 00:17   Link #64
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Gotta love how they tried to sound so dramatic at the beginning before the songs...

First song-Love it. Interest points +50
Second song-Meh... Lots of fanservice though... >_<
Third song-Some familiar faces~ Funny song...
Fourth song- Wow, that sure was different from the rest. Pretty good.

Looking forward to this one, whenever it premieres.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 02:18   Link #65
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
that first song is damn catchy. looks like an interesting series. i'll be keeping an eye on this.
__________________
Flame-X is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 04:30   Link #66
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Ok, did anyone catch the Mahoromatic reference in that second clip?
darkchibi07 is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 11:25   Link #67
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Ok, did anyone catch the Mahoromatic reference in that second clip?
Which one and where. I didn't see it.

I am still wondering how much anime only material they will add as the manga just doesn't have enough material currently for a tv series.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 12:21   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
ED 2 is awesome.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 13:15   Link #69
aroduc
Ruiner of Things
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Which one and where. I didn't see it.

I am still wondering how much anime only material they will add as the manga just doesn't have enough material currently for a tv series.
Are you really insinuating that you don't think Shaft can be decently creative?

-Shaft-.
aroduc is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 14:07   Link #70
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Thanks for promos Aroduc. I'm really looking forward to this to start, it's one of the few Harem Manga/Animes that I actually like. Yay, for non-wussy, dumbass lead males.

Does, anyone know the season it's airing in?
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 14:26   Link #71
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Does, anyone know the season it's airing in?
Nope, not even the year yet.


For the four movies, it is said "4 movie clips: opening manner, ending manner, character song, and variation."

Titles:
First song (what seems to be the OP): Moon Legend
Second song (the fanservice one): Heaven's tree
Third song (the funny one): "Kingdom March is tantakatan (<--sound)"
Fourth (the quieter one): Whereabouts
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 14:50   Link #72
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Are you really insinuating that you don't think Shaft can be decently creative?

-Shaft-.
Shaft is either hit or miss Ef (hit) vs Negmia (miss) but Shina Dark form the manga has a epic feel to it. it is not just another harem series. The manga has a lot potiential. Potiential that might get lost if shaft deviate too much form the manga.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 14:52   Link #73
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nope, not even the year yet.


For the four movies, it is said "4 movie clips: opening manner, ending manner, character song, and variation."

Titles:
First song (what seems to be the OP): Moon Legend
Second song (the fanservice one): Heaven's tree
Third song (the funny one): "Kingdom March is tantakatan (<--sound)"
Fourth (the quieter one): Whereabouts

Man, this feels like such a tease. It really is too early for this show though. From what Xellos^_- posted in his summary, there doesn't seem to be a good place Shaft could end it early in 13 eps.
Iron Maw is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 15:05   Link #74
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Looks good. Can't wait for it.
cors8 is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 15:05   Link #75
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
so shaft might give shiina dark the...erm...shaft, eh?

i hope not. this series is very epic.

don't ruin it! D;
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 15:06   Link #76
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Man, this feels like such a tease. It really is too early for this show though. From what Xellos^_- posted in his summary, there doesn't seem to be a good place Shaft could end it early in 13 eps.
If this was a OAV, i can see it end with the cattle hunt but not for a tv series. At least not without a lot of anime only material.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 15:39   Link #77
ZODDGUTS
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Shaft is either hit or miss Ef (hit) vs Negmia (miss) but Shina Dark form the manga has a epic feel to it. it is not just another harem series. The manga has a lot potiential. Potiential that might get lost if shaft deviate too much form the manga.
Shaft a hit or miss? They've done alot of good/great shows like Hidamari Sketch, ef, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei , Moonphase, Pani Poni Dash!, REC and even negima!? was enjoyable to watch yeah it was different from the manga they made that clear before even the series started but it was still fun to watch especially compared to that 3rd rate negima adapation that Xebec put out. Haven't seen Popotan so I can't comment if that's good or not. Really I can't think of one bad show they've done.

Now if you wanna talk about hit and misses Gonzo would fit the bill perfectly see Dragonaut to see what kind of grabage they can make.

Quote:
Does, anyone know the season it's airing in?
Won't come out during spring that's for sure since Shaft next work is Hidamari Sketch × 365 which will air early in April. Shina Dark will likely air in Fall there's already three volumes of the manga out plus couple of more chapters out as well, should be more then enough it the series is 13 episodes.
ZODDGUTS is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 15:52   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Shaft a hit or miss? They've done alot of good/great shows like Hidamari Sketch, ef, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei , Moonphase, Pani Poni Dash!, REC and even negima!? was enjoyable to watch yeah it was different from the manga they made that clear before even the series started but it was still fun to watch especially compared to that 3rd rate negima adapation that Xebec put out. Haven't seen Popotan so I can't comment if that's good or not. Really I can't think of one bad show they've done.

Now if you wanna talk about hit and misses Gonzo would fit the bill perfectly see Dragonaut to see what kind of grabage they can make.



Won't come out during spring that's for sure since Shaft next work is Hidamari Sketch × 365 which will air early in April. Shina Dark will likely air in Fall there's already three volumes of the manga out plus couple of more chapters out as well, should be more then enough it the series is 13 episodes.
difference in taste other then EF and Negima, i haven't really watch any of the shows you listed. And i love EF, i thought Negima was blah.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 17:39   Link #79
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
In my opinion shaft style in other series were ok(but not good) except on negima!? and EF. They simply butchered those 2 series into a point that I simply can't watch it.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 04:35   Link #80
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cloudcuckoolander land
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Is there any news on who sang the songs? Googled them but couldn't find any more info. Heaven's Tree is particularly catchy. Hope shaft doesn't SHAFT this series.
Forceflow is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, seinen, shaft

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.