AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 27 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-21, 16:58   Link #21
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final episode preview summary:


Well, there goes the chance for novel events, I think.
Dantalion: EXCEEELEENNNT!
Well there's still that one square in the Balle Masque chart...so don't give up hope yet, but even if it doesn't happen the way most of us want it to happen, I have no complaints as long as they make the last episode good.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-03-22, 07:49   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Spoiler for Speculation:
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-03-22, 09:20   Link #23
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
Spoiler for :
__________________
arkxkra is offline  
Old 2008-03-22, 12:00   Link #24
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Will Kasumi forget Yuji as his existence fade? It's kinda confusing cos she has seen the beings of the Crimson World and understood the truth of the world, but then again she's not a Flame Haze or anyone related to that world.
teelotes is offline  
Old 2008-03-22, 12:39   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
@teelotes

dude... your avatar... lmao XD
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-03-23, 01:35   Link #26
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Will Kasumi forget Yuji as his existence fade? It's kinda confusing cos she has seen the beings of the Crimson World and understood the truth of the world, but then again she's not a Flame Haze or anyone related to that world.
If that was the case, then Keisaku will have the exact same symptoms, although it was already proven that both Keisaku and Kazumi will not forget fading existences by the Fumina Konoe ordeal.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-23, 11:38   Link #27
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
@teelotes

dude... your avatar... lmao XD
A chocolate taiyaki for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If that was the case, then Keisaku will have the exact same symptoms, although it was already proven that both Keisaku and Kazumi will not forget fading existences by the Fumina Konoe ordeal.
So what determines if someone will remember existences? There hasn't been any need to elaborate this in the plot, but it just makes me wonder.

Anyways forgotten or not, looks like Yuji will have to make it himself this time. At least he'll not be sharing dreams with Hecate while the rest fight for their lives.
teelotes is offline  
Old 2008-03-23, 16:42   Link #28
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
So what determines if someone will remember existences? There hasn't been any need to elaborate this in the plot, but it just makes me wonder.
I'm pretty sure it comes down to whoever has experienced a fuzetsu.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-23, 16:53   Link #29
Deathscyther
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
So what determines if someone will remember existences? There hasn't been any need to elaborate this in the plot, but it just makes me wonder.
I think it's because of the 'items' or hougu that they posses. So that they are connected with the guze world in some way.

Yuji can only move within a fuzetsu and remember existences because of his reiji maigo, I think. And kazumi can only move and remember them because of the item kamshin gave her (the part of his bracelet or something). And Keisaku and Eita could only remember because of the bookmarks from Margery. Remember, Eita gave back his bookmark to get out of that world.
__________________
Deathscyther is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 10:43   Link #30
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
it's a Novel spoiler not a Manga spoiler, and also where do you live...I can't find anyplace to buy Melon Pan where, I live....I guess it's not that popular in Canada T_T
I have a bakery here that sells melon-pan, and it has chocolate cornet too I can't find taiyaki easily though...

It's plain bread with a crispy crust topped with granulated sugar, so if you're not a bread person, then it's pretty much just sugar dough. Seems that there might be a reason why Wilhelmina chose to buy Melon-pan for Shana; it's relatively cheap compared to other sweet stuff likes cakes and tarts, and it's carbs which gives energy for training. A nice compromise between not spoiling her, and yet giving her a little reward.

And of course while Shana may have tried other better food after leaving the floating island, a childhood favourite will stay with her for life. A girl who fights all her life, and having been through so much, her favourite food is a down-to-earth Melon-pan... that's Shana
teelotes is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 10:52   Link #31
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I have a bakery here that sells melon-pan, and it has chocolate cornet too I can't find taiyaki easily though...

It's plain bread with a crispy crust topped with granulated sugar, so if you're not a bread person, then it's pretty much just sugar dough. Seems that there might be a reason why Wilhelmina chose to buy Melon-pan for Shana; it's relatively cheap compared to other sweet stuff likes cakes and tarts, and it's carbs which gives energy for training. A nice compromise between not spoiling her, and yet giving her a little reward.

And of course while Shana may have tried other better food after leaving the floating island, a childhood favourite will stay with her for life. A girl who fights all her life, and having been through so much, her favourite food is a down-to-earth Melon-pan... that's Shana
....your making me jealous, I wish there was a store that sold Melon Pan near where I live...or in my city for that matter....
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 11:02   Link #32
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
....your making me jealous, I wish there was a store that sold Melon Pan near where I live...or in my city for that matter....
How about baking your own? Just tried googling and saw a few recipes that came up. You can probably add your own flavouring and filling.
teelotes is offline  
Old 2008-03-24, 12:55   Link #33
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
_o... it isn't that great of a bread though. I had been eating it since I have been memory without any idea that it was called melon pan in English or that the Japanese knew about it (it's called 'concha' in Mexico, which is Spanish for shell), but truly, don't have high expectations on it.
Proto is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 17:29   Link #34
ForgedGlory
Fortitude
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Finally got to watch it and this episode was kick ass! Can't wait for the last episode, the last part had my heart pumped.
ForgedGlory is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 17:40   Link #35
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
10. This was exciting, this was climatic, and it had excellent music. I wrote a longer responce before, so I'll keep it at this.

I thought Kazumi told Shana "You can have him", so this was going to be a 1, but I guess not.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 18:13   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
10. This was exciting, this was climatic, and it had excellent music. I wrote a longer responce before, so I'll keep it at this.

I thought Kazumi told Shana "You can have him", so this was going to be a 1, but I guess not.
Closest thing of that we got from Kazumi was "Maybe I don't have a chance after all." Though that may be a concern. That kind of thinking could tempt her to use the hougu Pheles gave her. If it means getting the Reiji Maigo back to Yuji and thus saving him....Next episode should be interesting.

Poor Margery...knew it was going to be an ambush but had to be done. SHe's in a pretty bad spot right there. Shana and Carmel will just need to handle the situation themselves. Of course going up against Hecate and Metamorphosis will keep them occupied. May be left up to Yuji to deal with what's inside.

Was a little worried at the start. That scream of his...But really he did a nice job. Managed to pull himself together and knew that he had to do what he could. Shooting fireballs and slashing up the robots, he's doing a nice job.

Preview gives impression that Yuji will make a choice in some regard. But if it's going to be anime original and leave things open for a third season...Hopefully it's not like last time where it's conveniently not heard .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 18:23   Link #37
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
I found this episode sub-par considering what they were trying to do. Since its anime original and it's the ending, it's like we're supposed to have a big climatic battle. It just seems stupid to me because if we are going to see a third season, we already know Bal Masque's plans are going to fail and we already know that no one can die. Sabrac's fight was far more exciting from the very beginning than this.

Compared to Shana season 1, I didn't know it was getting a second season and I didn't even know it was non canon till I came on Animesuki. This is perhaps why I enjoyed that far better than this.

If we don't get a season 3, I'll be even more ticked off than I am now considering some future events that are or "were" supposed to come...

Despite my qualms about knowing that this isn't canon, I thought the episode was "ok", earning a good ol' 7 from me.

P.S. Why did Yuji even drop Blutsauger at the end? Not enough P.O.E?
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 18:57   Link #38
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Why did Yuji even drop Blutsauger at the end? Not enough P.O.E?
Got stuck in a wall, lol. I was wondering why he didn't just unstick it by turning it into a bookmark.

Wish he could learn something more elegant than tossing balls of raw power, but he just needs more training.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 21:18   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 26
Yuuji better kick their butts. Those Guze no Tomogara are so going down.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline  
Old 2008-03-25, 21:41   Link #40
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
ep 23
(just in case)
Spoiler:

but this is the relative calm b4 the true storm so im fine with wat happened in ep 23.
__________________
X207 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.