AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-03-21, 23:24   Link #1
heavensgatekeeper7

computer info

my question is how do i look up what type of mother board i have. Ive had the computer for about six months now and really don't know much about it other then its a quad core with 3gigs ram and 500 gig hard drive and was wanting to know a little more about it. also another question i have is, is there a free program that shows temp, cpu use and other info like that just curious. thanks for any help in advance i appreciate any info that u can give.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:42   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

This should probably go in the Software Requests thread.

I presume you're on a Windows-based system. My program of choice for looking up system information is CPU-Z. It should list everything you asked for, but if it doesn't another option is to open your system up (if you're comfortable doing so and it won't void your warranty) and look around. Usually the model number and manufacturer will be printed somewhere on the device.

As for temperature and CPU usage, there are quite a few. As far as CPU usage I was content to use the Task Manager. Load it up, tell it to use the taskbar if it isn't already and you should see a general CPU usage meter. Tell it to hide when minimized and you're set. You can create a shortcut to it, put it in your startup bar, and direct it to "start minimized" (go to the Proprties of the shortcut to find this option).

Fan speeds require that your motherboard and fans have the right sensors. I tested a program (speedfan) and its temperature readings weren't all that reliable or easy to read. A more generic program for monitoring voltage, fan speeds, and temperatures is Motherboard Monitor, but it seems that development has stopped on it.

Most of this software will require that it supports the components you're using. If you're using exotic stuff or the latest and greatest, you may not be able to use them until support is added.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:58   Link #3
heavensgatekeeper7

do u know if samsung makes memory because thats what its saying and ive never heard of samsung making memory for computer unless they dont tell u about it anywhere. thanks for the help i also found out that its a intel mobo which i dont know how good they but thats fine with me.
Old 2008-03-22, 00:54   Link #4
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Yes samsung makes memory. They are generally in OEM devices but occasionally sold retail. Belarc Advisor, CPUZ are more detailed than sppedfan as it seems o be updated more rgularly
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 05:25   Link #5
Furuno
Fuwaaa~~~
*IT Support

Send a message via Yahoo to Furuno
Another way to check you motherboard :
1. Open up your case.
2. Look closely on your motherboard find some text other than parts name (ex: SATAII, PCI-Express, etc...) that looks like some product code.
3. Google for it.

From what i know, Samsung is the name of lot of GPU memory (GDDR). Just like hobbes_fan say, it also makes memory. And, just for your information even there's a memory with this brand : Hyundai.

Check my Blog / Thread / Twitter for some random stuffs...
Furuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 20:25   Link #6
Un1234l

The following may not really answer your last question (about temp, cpu usage, etc) but it would probably be good to know

In the run dialog box (Start>Run), type in dxdiag

It should show you some info about your PC, and you can run some diagonstics tests as well
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 10:24   Link #7
Nutcracker262000
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Nutcracker262000
You can find more information by checking System Information

(go start menu>all programs>accessories>system tools>System Information)

It'll show lots of detailed information about the programs and processes that are used.
Old 2008-03-25, 14:53   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker262000 View Post
You can find more information by checking System Information

(go start menu>all programs>accessories>system tools>System Information)

It'll show lots of detailed information about the programs and processes that are used.
Aye, but it won't typically identify what brand and model of motherboard the OP has. For that the best way is still to open the case and shine a light on the board to look for the large lettering (e.g. ASUS M2A-VM).
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 03:10   Link #9
heavensgatekeeper7

i figured out what type of motherboard it is. its a intel dg33sxg2. i havent really looked up any info on it at the moment but plan to do that here in the next day or so thanks for all the help so far guys