AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 27 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 27.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.47%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-26, 13:15   Link #61
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
But, I don't know... A 3rd season would really just be overkill. No more love triangle to deal with, the Bal Masque's great scheme completely failed (Unless it succeeds, in which there are endless posibilities), and most of the novel material is covered. There'd be nothing left to the story.
Well the Love triangle being gone would be a good thing. It was beat to death in this season and it really dragged on to the point of being uninteresting.

But the novel is still ongoing correct? I thought it hasn't been finished yet.



Qucik question: If the season 1 ending was filler. How did Yuji get such a massive PoE? To my knowledge he is supposed to be powerful in the novel. Didn't he get his large PoE from fusing with Hecate? If that didn't happen in the novel then how did he get his power?

I'm lost on what's filler and whats not now. UGH lol
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 13:18   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Well the Love triangle being gone would be a good thing. It was beat to death in this season and it really dragged on to the point of being uninteresting.

Qucik question: If the season 1 ending was filler. How did Yuji get such a massive PoE? To my knowledge he is supposed to be powerful in the novel. Didn't he get his large PoE from fusing with Hecate? If that didn't happen in the novel then how did he get his power?
Spoiler:
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 13:42   Link #63
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Well the Love triangle being gone would be a good thing. It was beat to death in this season and it really dragged on to the point of being uninteresting.

But the novel is still ongoing correct? I thought it hasn't been finished yet.
I am 94% with Chrissie on this one, the 6% being Kazumi . Honestly, the huge thing in the novels - it's supposed to happen on Christmas, which means that it would have taken place right now, so the settings would completely change for Season III, therefore annoying novel readers even more. If the love triangle isn't resolved, then viewers will be annoyed even further, but if it is, there isn't really any back story to cover. The novels are actually near the end - Yuji and Shana try to confess their love, but they have bad luck every time they try to do it. Get that over with and what else is left? Sure, Shana would stick around with Yuji, but then the third season will just be another Pokemon or Yugioh type show - one fight after another. Not exactly a good storyline if you ask me.

Honestly, the novels have already reached a climax the anime never will. Why should the anime hit the novel standard when it can create something of its own uniqueness?

In short, if Yuji calls for Shana, there's no more character development to be done. A 3rd Season would just be dull.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 13:48   Link #64
teelotes
ktr
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
[quote removed by a moderator because it contained novel spoilers]

There are other unresolved issues that I'd like to follow up too, mainly Yuji's family history and his younger brother.

I hope Hayato makes a comeback appearance too. If they could start all over again, Yuji and him would form a great team. One with the resolution and ability to fight, the other intelligent and resourceful. I could see how Hayato's at the haridan planning out the moves, Keisuka helping to look out for defense weaknesses and maintaining communications with Margery, and Yuji, Shana and Wilhelmina fighting it out at the scene. And after each fight, they'll all go to Kasumi's house and enjoy her homemade snacks. Happy ending for all and Misaki City.
teelotes is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 15:49   Link #65
Kisuke06
I see...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 24
OMG, I hope Kazumi dies.

If not, at least some closure to this love triangle. =/
__________________
"I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies."
Kisuke06 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 16:08   Link #66
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
OMG, I hope Kazumi dies.

If not, at least some closure to this love triangle. =/
indeed this is one of the aspects of se2 that must end now. they had so much time to so that halfway thru se2 .
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 16:22   Link #67
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
I hope Hayato makes a comeback appearance too. If they could start all over again, Yuji and him would form a great team. One with the resolution and ability to fight, the other intelligent and resourceful. I could see how Hayato's at the haridan planning out the moves, Keisuka helping to look out for defense weaknesses and maintaining communications with Margery, and Yuji, Shana and Wilhelmina fighting it out at the scene. And after each fight, they'll all go to Kasumi's house and enjoy her homemade snacks. Happy ending for all and Misaki City.
Hold on - Hayato is not exposed to the truth at this part of the storyline. Unless Takahashi decides to pull the plug at novel 17, it's not going to happen.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 17:50   Link #68
Triple_R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
(Unless it succeeds, in which there are endless posibilities)

This is precisely why I want a Season 3. I think you could get a very nice twist on the Shakugan no Shana story by having the antagonist plot succeed, and having a season dedicated to showing the aftermath of that.

If Season 2 ends on a cliff-hanger note, then there's no reason why the antagonists can't win... or at least be shown winning. Heck, that's what usually happens in cliff-hangers...
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:05   Link #69
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
OMG, I hope Kazumi dies.

If not, at least some closure to this love triangle. =/
You are a cruel, cruel forumer.




Triple R: The problem is that would mean a season 3 would be almost ENTIRELY filler, as that would be what it is based around.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:08   Link #70
ForgedGlory
Fortitude
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Chrissie, I think you're the only Diehard Kazumi fan out there, lol
ForgedGlory is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:29   Link #71
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
Chrissie, I think you're the only Diehard Kazumi fan out there, lol
Quite possibly. I mean, in season 1 from the very OP when Shana runs and cries in Yuji's arms I thought "That looks like a very unnatural couple." And then that scene where Kazumi tells Yuji "You're human, because you're warm" showed me who the natural couple is. Maybe it's because I can connect more to her personality or something...

But win, Kazumi, win!

My possible ending ratings are Yuji chooses Kazumi over Shana>Shana dies and Yuji choose Kazumi>Kazumi dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Shana dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Kazumi dies and Yuji chooses Shana>Yuji chooses Shana over Kazumi
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:33   Link #72
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
An immortal demon-hunter (assuming he gets the Mango back) and a favorably-figured (mortal) girl? It would never work out. Shana wins just by outlasting her competition.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:39   Link #73
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
An immortal demon-hunter (assuming he gets the Mango back) and a favorably-figured (mortal) girl? It would never work out. Shana wins just by outlasting her competition.
Unless Kazumi becomes a flame haze contracted by Pheles, as I argued in the Episode 22 discussion thread. Or, if that corpse collector shows that the spell he was creating brings a torch back to life and recreates Yuji as a mortal.

Besides, I'm sure Pheles could always turn Kazumi into a torch and give her a reiju maigo.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:42   Link #74
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 28
But if Pheles became sponsor to a Flame Haze, she'd miss out on all the hot sex0r with Johan. And she can't just pump out more Mangos, because that would be totally br0k3n.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:44   Link #75
Toreno
すごい!
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Unless Kazumi becomes a flame haze contracted by Pheles, as I argued in the Episode 22 discussion thread. Or, if that corpse collector shows that the spell he was creating brings a torch back to life and recreates Yuji as a mortal.

Besides, I'm sure Pheles could always turn Kazumi into a torch and give her a reiju maigo.
Disregarding the fact that Pheles doesn't like/hates Kazumi...yeah, she could. (Or not. )
Toreno is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:52   Link #76
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
i wouldnt mind having shana se3 being 13 eps long, leaves less time for fillers and more action . ie nanoha se1 and se2 both were awesome.
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 19:52   Link #77
Kristen
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Disregarding the fact that Pheles doesn't like/hates Kazumi...yeah, she could. (Or not. )
I don't know. I never saw any real hatred between them. Only similarities.
__________________
Kristen is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 20:02   Link #78
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Unless Kazumi becomes a flame haze contracted by Pheles, as I argued in the Episode 22 discussion thread. Or, if that corpse collector shows that the spell he was creating brings a torch back to life and recreates Yuji as a mortal.

Besides, I'm sure Pheles could always turn Kazumi into a torch and give her a reiju maigo.
The Corpse Collector didn't develop an ability that turns torches into humans again, where the heck did you get that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I don't know. I never saw any real hatred between them. Only similarities.
Pheles completly hates Kazumi she's said that so herself, plus her contracting with Kazumi makes no sense everything she's done so far was all for the sake of being with Johan, and if she contracts with Kazumi she can't do that.
__________________
DeotoxSlayer is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 20:07   Link #79
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Quite possibly. I mean, in season 1 from the very OP when Shana runs and cries in Yuji's arms I thought "That looks like a very unnatural couple." And then that scene where Kazumi tells Yuji "You're human, because you're warm" showed me who the natural couple is. Maybe it's because I can connect more to her personality or something...

But win, Kazumi, win!

My possible ending ratings are Yuji chooses Kazumi over Shana>Shana dies and Yuji choose Kazumi>Kazumi dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Shana dies and Yuji decides to never love again>Kazumi dies and Yuji chooses Shana>Yuji chooses Shana over Kazumi
No you're not the only Kazumi fan! *waves banner*

However....by your ending ratings, it seems to me that you would rather see her die, then lose, then JUST lose to Shana...thats a little deranged lol.

Also, I agree on a 13 ep season 3.
__________________


Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Altima of the Gates is offline  
Old 2008-03-26, 20:09   Link #80
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
I thought we were discussing Shakugan no Shana II Episode 23, not ChrissieXD vs. The United Nations.

EDIT: Nor Shakugan no Shana II - Spoilers & Speculations.
minhtam1638 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.