AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-29, 05:37   Link #81
UzumakiW
J-rocker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I also have Mabinogi. I haven't been able to actually have the time to sit down and learn all about this game, so I'm still new and confused about it, but it seems pretty fun.

Anyway, the one I love playing is Fiesta. Fun game. Pretty much just a basic MMORPG where you choose your class (fighter, cleric, archer, or mage) and you go out, kill monsters, finish quests, level up, add stats, etc. It's pretty fun. I've been playing for a little over a month now. There are somen pretty cool quests in it, especially what they call Kingdom Quest where you're transported to a certain area with up to 14 other people, and you have to beat the big boss at the end (impossible to do it on your own because you have to be within a certain level range to be able to participate in certain Kingdom Quests). In these, it's a pretty good oppertunity to make friends, I've made most of mine from them since my fighter is usually chosen to be the leader (tank) of the level. Anyway, it's a really fun game. You can check it out here:

Fiesta at Outspark

These are all three of my characters:

Spoiler for My characters:
__________________
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o190/Love_it_to_Death/J-Rock/Kana/Kana82.gif
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 12:22   Link #82
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Is there any such game that's actually free and not a game based on "KILL EVERYTHANG, BUY HUEG ARMORS. SPEND 100 HRS OF PLAY BEFORE HAVING FUN."
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 13:57   Link #83
xKyonkox
Nyoron~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Is there any such game that's actually free and not a game based on "KILL EVERYTHANG, BUY HUEG ARMORS. SPEND 100 HRS OF PLAY BEFORE HAVING FUN."
I wana know too, i find those armor fighitng, anime styled games boring even if the graphics are good.
xKyonkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 00:51   Link #84
IHaveCrayons
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I really think Mabinogi is what you're looking for. You can do all kinds of things beyond just fighting too and the characters are really customizable. It has probably the best anime feel out of any mmorpg I have ever played.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 05:14   Link #85
Kalinas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 23
I suggest Lineage2
Kalinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 10:43   Link #86
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: International House, Nisshin, Japan
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Hm. That Mabinogi game looks pretty interesting. I'll have to look into it more when I have a bit more free time, but it may be an MMO that actually keeps my attention. I gave up on MMOs a while back after coming to the realization that they're all pretty much grindfests. Anywho, thanks for the link, and maybe I'll see some of you in there in the future.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 02:25   Link #87
Zarifus
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32212.html

I saw this a few days ago, don't really have any other information though. Most likely won't make an English appearance for a loooong time. I don't think its even out in Japan yet...
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 05:50   Link #88
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinas View Post
I suggest Lineage2
Ob to c1 was pretty much the best time of my gaming life. I would suggest playing private servers now. >_> Since the grind is insane and to be a factor it would be about a whopping year of hardcore grinding that and the retail server are basically dead. All the e-hero's stopped playing. xD
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 09:51   Link #89
Dontais
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Ragnarok 2 is coming out soon, if the first RO is any indication on how ro2 is going to be, I highly recommend it.
__________________
Dontais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 14:40   Link #90
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontais View Post
Ragnarok 2 is coming out soon, if the first RO is any indication on how ro2 is going to be, I highly recommend it.
RO with pvp is the best thing ever. Ro2 with a flag based pvp system wins my vote, but what are the chances for that?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 04:42   Link #91
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
maybe check it out some fan made vid from Lineage 2

http://www.livepvp.com/index.php?p=v...es&fileid=2249

http://www.livepvp.com/index.php?p=viewfiles&fileid=879

this MMORPG art style is very anime-ish (various hair colors, water-bubble eyes, loli and pantsu >.< )
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 14:54   Link #92
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
It would be great if there was an MMO that played like a third person hack and slash.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 15:22   Link #93
IHaveCrayons
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
It would be great if there was an MMO that played like a third person hack and slash.
The problem with having mmorpgs too action oriented is primarily lag. Though Age of Conan may be what you have in mind. Very not anime though.
IHaveCrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 16:29   Link #94
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Meh, it costs money.

I also tried Mabinogi. Disappointment.

The website over-exaggerated on the game's features. The graphics weren't all that great. Character customization is still as limited as any other game; unless you have spendable legal tender, your character can't look any age over 13 in any aspect other than your height. The battle system is not unique; they say that they've gone past the point and click interface, but you still have to click, just more than once. Quests are very annoying, since you have to travel far off to other towns that require going past over 5 different areas on your incredibly slow running speed. There's more I could say, but I deleted the game before I could further fathom how not fun the game was.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 11:17   Link #95
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveCrayons View Post
The problem with having mmorpgs too action oriented is primarily lag. Though Age of Conan may be what you have in mind. Very not anime though.
Phantasy Star Universe.

@Kagedanji:
You didn't play enough did you? Mabinogi is not a "click and forget" because you'll die 99% of the time once you get beyond like... A hour into the game.

And really you aren't going to find much variety in F2P MMOs. They are ALL the same idea:
Grind. Grind. Grind.
Because with no grind, they wouldn't keep players.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:38   Link #96
FireBorn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Meh, it costs money.

I also tried Mabinogi. Disappointment.

The website over-exaggerated on the game's features. The graphics weren't all that great. Character customization is still as limited as any other game; unless you have spendable legal tender, your character can't look any age over 13 in any aspect other than your height. The battle system is not unique; they say that they've gone past the point and click interface, but you still have to click, just more than once. Quests are very annoying, since you have to travel far off to other towns that require going past over 5 different areas on your incredibly slow running speed. There's more I could say, but I deleted the game before I could further fathom how not fun the game was.
I've got to agree. Battle system plays out like RPS; which isn't much worse than most free MMOs, but not much better. That and the character customization was, yeah, limited. It's not bad, kinda average imo, though it has a few kinda neat features.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:08   Link #97
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBorn View Post
I've got to agree. Battle system plays out like RPS; which isn't much worse than most free MMOs, but not much better. That and the character customization was, yeah, limited. It's not bad, kinda average imo, though it has a few kinda neat features.
One thing with the graphics that annoyed me the most was that Nao, the only redeeming quality of the game, had the best character model out of everyone else. It was MUCH too obvious that they worked twice as hard on her and her huge rack than everyone else.

She's also great on Danbooru.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 01:12   Link #98
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
One thing with the graphics that annoyed me the most was that Nao, the only redeeming quality of the game, had the best character model out of everyone else. It was MUCH too obvious that they worked twice as hard on her and her huge rack than everyone else.

She's also great on Danbooru.
Nao's model DOES get a lot of love. Which is disappointing considering (as far as I know) you'll only see her when you make or rebirth a character.
And is her rack REALLY that huge? For a video game girl it seems fairly normal to me.

EDIT:
Also the battle system isn't very RPS. Its not like Guard > Counter > Attack > Smash or something.
More like Guard > Smash, Counter > Don't attack at all, Smash > Attack them first... So not everything has a specific counter or something. Think of it more like how battle is ACTUALLY done.

In a real fight you don't stand there and go: "Oh its ok my armor gives me +600 HP so I'll be fine!" Mabinogi's battle system is built behind the idea of "Don't get hit. Like a REAL warrior."
__________________

Last edited by krisslanza; 2008-04-08 at 09:23.
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:46   Link #99
rirara
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
DOMO - Dream of Mirror Online has very cute anime characters.

Also Lineage2 has very beautiful(but not exactly anime) graphics. Try also Perfect World.
__________________
rirara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 10:47   Link #100
casperlite
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Yes I agree its an awesome game

_____________
Nike Shoes
__________________
casperlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mmorpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.