AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 106 40.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 24.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 12.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 6.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 6.56%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-30, 13:45   Link #181
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by night train View Post
I enjoyed the episode but something is bugging me after watching it. Who was Hiromi talking to after Shin left the house to show Noe his book? From the conversation alone, it seems fishy and kinda implied the guy had been there before since he invited himself over. Lastly, the look on Shin's mom face while overhearing their exchange is also of concern. Wished they would of explained that part.
That was Shin'ichiro talking to Hiromi, since he stated that he will be coming over for dinner with her. He was leaving but haven't completely left the estate yet.

Shin'ichiro's mom's concerned face was a concern for Hiromi. She knows what is going on and the pain that Hiromi must be going through. Hence, you notice that the mom goes over to Hiromi's place later to help "wait" with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
*facepalm*
But him doing that 'proposal' after episodes 11 and 12, and so soon after his 'break-up' with Noe just makes his confession looks like a whole pile of bullshit. Even from the previous two episodes, there had already been signs of him 'wavering' from Hiromi. You just can't go from 'wavering' stance to 'proposal' stance over the course of just one scene. Saying you'll be together forever with a girl implies that during that time, it's only that one girl in your heart. But with Shin wavering just the scene before, that doesn't seem to be the case, and so his words of wanting to be with Hiromi for eternity sounds hollow and empty to me despite how well the VA did his job.
I agree with relentlessflame on his reply to you. To add, Hiromi wanted him to make things clear with Noe before coming back to her. He did just that. His heart wavered, but he made his decision. After that decision, he can and must move on. He must be determined in his confession with Hiromi, or else all that he went through just before would have been seen as hollow and insincere. He made his decision, and he is no longer afforded the right to waver anymore.

Like W-General, I did not like how the ending paired up in KGNE. I loved the story, but the ending left a really bad taste in my mouth. The ending in TT, however, felt like how everything should end, with everything falling into place. A much more satisfying ending.

OK, I am pondering the whole meaning behind Noe's conversation with her brother Jun. She stated that she would not have hurt his feelings if she knew what his true feelings for her were. What does that mean? She would not have gone out with Shin'ichiro or doe that mean she would have accepted in the incestious relationship?
__________________
thundrakkon is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 13:51   Link #182
xi11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
oh I guess now I know why so many people keep hating in these kind of threads.

I really cant see anything good in this episode I am so disappointed how the Noe line ended. No tears, no Shin, no nothing...

... im actually really sad and disappointed now...

Last edited by xi11; 2008-03-30 at 14:03.
xi11 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 14:04   Link #183
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure that I see why you say that's so odd.
I think it's odd because what I interpreted from that scene is a continuation of Noe's idea that Hiromi is the one in Shin's heart. In other words, in the hospital I think she was trying to say that she thought she saw how Shin could fly (by his performance) because he was now on his "true path" (Hiromi), and she wanted to try and do it herself as well, without Shin. I think she meant it this way because of course Noe and Shin hadn't had much contact and Noe thought that Shin was completely over her for Hiromi. Then to later say that the dance was actually inspired by Noe being there kind of mixes up the message. But that's only if you interpret the scene the way I did.

Quote:
There were some more subtle gestures and side-comments from various people (like Aiko, Nobuse, and Tomoyo as well) beyond just the obvious examples.
Such as Nobuse's sly comments occasionally when Shin is staring at Hiromi in episode 1 or such. Don't get me wrong, I do notice all of these things but I don't really see how they show any meaning stronger than what Tomoyo's "I thought he liked you!" stance implies. Additionally Nobuse's remarks seem to be partly "inspired" because Shin is living with Hiromi in some instances. As for Aiko, I suppose one of the scenes you could be referring to the scene where she connects the Hiromi situation with her own but honestly I think that she simply used the idea that Shin brought up to communicate her own feelings because in episode 12 she is baffled by Hiromi's "girlfriend" statement and says that "there's many things she doesn't know". I'm not saying that supports my position either since clearly they weren't really acquainted. Anyways I guess there's not much use in going through every detail since obviously we have different perspectives on that, but I also disagree with people who say that this perspective is only because one hasn't looked hard enough or something like that. (not you personally)
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 14:09   Link #184
Lucipher
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xi11 View Post
oh I guess now I know why so many people keep hating in these kind of threads.

I really cant see anything good in this episode I am so disappointed how the Noe line ended. No tears, no Shin, no nothing...

... im actually really sad and disappointed now...
Umm she did cry look at the end *during the song* When the wind blows you can see her tears
Lucipher is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 14:30   Link #185
xi11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucipher View Post
Umm she did cry look at the end *during the song* When the wind blows you can see her tears
ah yeah maybe (watched it on youtube). doesnt matter anymore anyway...

no really thanks for that.
xi11 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 14:51   Link #186
BigGimp77
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Uggh I really enjoyed the first half of the series.

Ever since the half way point I though the show sputtered and really got silly. I found it hard to root for anyone in the triangle. Noe was insane (ok the girl just jumped off of a tree... WTF that should send up some red flags). Hiromi was over possessive and a moody b*tch most of the time, and Shin was a indecisive flip flopping jerk.

Idk what happened. In the first half I thought Noe was kinda weird but a cool character. Hiromi was trapped in a horrible situation but shows a sweet side. Then at some point they just seemed to change and I began to despise them.

And despite all the silly plot twist they tried to invoke, the series was still predictable till the end.

At the mid way point I woulda gave the series an 8/10. But I seriously would probably only give it a 6.5/10 now. It's kinda hard to really like a series like this if you end up not liking any of the characters. It's a shame they ruled out Ai-chan so early(the only normal nice girl of the bunch).
BigGimp77 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 15:06   Link #187
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In the world of DeathGods
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
It's a shame they ruled out Ai-chan so early(the only normal nice girl of the bunch).
I agree with you on this one, really missed Aiko-chan
pac2is is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 15:17   Link #188
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Loved Ai-chan - but alas, her role was as one of the obstacles between Shin and Hiromi. She was never really in the game as far as the central dramatic question was concerned, despite the OP and ED.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 16:18   Link #189
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Overall I was satisfied with the end, but I wish they could have put in a couple moment with ShinxHiromi, like a kiss or just showing them together.
jzmagic is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 16:26   Link #190
king12354
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
This is the first episode I can't give a rating to... I seriously thought Shin wanted to be with Noe and yet he ended up with Hiromi. I'm really confused atm. I suppose the ending was nice but didn't really fit.
king12354 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 16:29   Link #191
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
OK, I am pondering the whole meaning behind Noe's conversation with her brother Jun. She stated that she would not have hurt his feelings if she knew what his true feelings for her were. What does that mean? She would not have gone out with Shin'ichiro or doe that mean she would have accepted in the incestious relationship?
I agreed with most of the other stuff you said as well as with relentlessflame on that issue.

As to this I think Noe means that she would have handled his feelings properly instead of not noticing them fester and watching him force his relationship with Hiromi.

In some sense she always assumed that everything Jun did for her, which was virtually every action he undertakes since has 0 feelings for Hiromi as confirmed by the final episode, he did as an older brother looking out for her. The reality of course was that he does everything for her because he loves her in the romantic sense and is trying to support her developing feelings for Shin.

Personally I think the most fitting explanation is that she would have just turned him down and then relied on her own strength earlier instead of waiting until the very end to make her own friends and move away from her brother's protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
This is the first episode I can't give a rating to... I seriously thought Shin wanted to be with Noe and yet he ended up with Hiromi. I'm really confused atm. I suppose the ending was nice but didn't really fit.
I can understand why you're confused since his feelings did "waver" in some sense as his father's had all that time ago, but I'd just let it sit for a while and then possibly rewatch it. He had resolved in episode 10-11 to end up with Hiromi romantically, but he had feelings that he had developed for Noe that were hard for him to resolve. Noe means a lot to Shin in terms of him being able to fly and really be the best that he can be as well as making his heart race in some sense, but he has to close that off so he can be with Hiromi since that's who he chose to love since he wanted to be the one to brush away Hiromi's tears.

Either way it's complex, it's messy, and it does tear Shin up to have to resolve the whole thing, but this episode is basically what had to be coming since he did have feelings for both of the girls but could only preserve his feelings for one of them.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 17:09   Link #192
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
All's well that ends well.

Thanks for the super-fast subbing effort. My horrible cliffhanger is rendered far less painful as a result of your quick work.

But yes, they could at least show a scene of Shin and Hiromi interacting at the end at least once, geez. I know the ending made clear that Noe is the focus of the show's thematic side, but dang. At least let them lock eyes for a second in a class or during a match or something.

P.S. I'll never understand the Ai fanboys and their endless, and to me rather quite irrational, complaints. Unlike the competition between Noe and Hiromi (of which some viewers dispute the value of the "prize" ), it's utterly obvious what her role is from start to end. And there really isn't anything about her that comes out to me as truly interesting. If anything, some others who are opposing the "childhood friend victory" *should* appreciate her moving on from Shin.
Irenicus is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 17:12   Link #193
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
I would have liked it if Aiko had remained in the "mentor" role but essentially, after she confessed, she had no relevance to the story except brief appearances with Miyokichi. I thought that whole part of the story could have been done a bit better. Kind of a waste of a character.
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 17:33   Link #194
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post

At the mid way point I woulda gave the series an 8/10. But I seriously would probably only give it a 6.5/10 now. It's kinda hard to really like a series like this if you end up not liking any of the characters. It's a shame they ruled out Ai-chan so early(the only normal nice girl of the bunch).
At least they treated Aiko well, they didn't make her settle(it would have been a mistake if she had settled and eventually things with Nobuse would not have gone as well as they did). They had Aiko hang with her feelings till the very end, in episode 12 all came in a full circle. When Hiromi told her that she was Shin's Girlfriend and she realized she didn't know everything. Aiko could finally let go of Shin because she knew that the one Shin truelly loved was Hiromi and she couldn't win against that.

They made Nobuse and Aiko start again as friend and we saw at the end of episode 13 that she finally looked at Nobuse the same way she looked at Shin. That is why since the beginning I knew she had feelings for shin and not Nobuse and I resisted believing that them going out was a mutual thing. Now she actually showed feelings for Nobuse and if they are not a couple yet by the end of episode 13, the time for them to become a couple is not very far and I am pretty sure Aiko will knit Nobuse a sweater during her last winter as a highschool student.

Aiko seem to be the girl that develop feelings for guys that help her, Nobuse displaced Shin as the part timer in her store thus also he became her man
golthin is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 18:26   Link #195
Dop
We can't stop here...
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Poor Noe, left with the chicken....

Spoiler for decisions, decisions:


Nobuse wins the award for Best Sidekick Character, surely.
Dop is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 19:14   Link #196
vio5555
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
At least they treated Aiko well, they didn't make her settle(it would have been a mistake if she had settled and eventually things with Nobuse would not have gone as well as they did). They had Aiko hang with her feelings till the very end, in episode 12 all came in a full circle. When Hiromi told her that she was Shin's Girlfriend and she realized she didn't know everything. Aiko could finally let go of Shin because she knew that the one Shin truelly loved was Hiromi and she couldn't win against that.

They made Nobuse and Aiko start again as friend and we saw at the end of episode 13 that she finally looked at Nobuse the same way she looked at Shin. That is why since the beginning I knew she had feelings for shin and not Nobuse and I resisted believing that them going out was a mutual thing. Now she actually showed feelings for Nobuse and if they are not a couple yet by the end of episode 13, the time for them to become a couple is not very far and I am pretty sure Aiko will knit Nobuse a sweater during her last winter as a highschool student.

Aiko seem to be the girl that develop feelings for guys that help her, Nobuse displaced Shin as the part timer in her store thus also he became her man
Yeah I definitely agree with this. Once the writers made the decision to have Aiko jump into the fray, getting her out and reconciled with Nobuse was a far better choice than having her drag things out, especially since Shin never had any feelings for her. All of his feelings were for Hiromi and Noe, which I think Aiko understands by the end as she says her lines in episode 12 after Hiromi introduces herself as the girlfriend.

While I do tend to lean towards the group that would have liked Aiko to stay on the side and explain Hiromi's (and possibly Noe's) behaviors like she did before she jumped in on Shin's first kiss, her handling after the kiss was the best we could have expected for her. She wasn't the one who caused Shin's feelings to Hiromi to waver; that role was Noe's to fill.
vio5555 is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 19:54   Link #197
Weisheit
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
any thoughts about why hiromi said "no" to Shin when he 1st proposed?

i'm still very confused about that responses, no idea at ALL
Weisheit is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 20:01   Link #198
Kushi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
This one was weird.. no tears, no kiss, no nothing. I wasn't too bad so I'm not going to say that the ending ruined this anime. However there was no conclusion, no one even knows if shin and hiromi went out or not, they could have broken up the next day or maybe settled their feelings or something. In the end, this anime series was alright at best, for me it started off with a 8.5 / 10, now it drops to a 6.5, So rounded up to a 7, it was somewhat nice, nothing that stood out or amazed me, it was a bit complex and hard to understand.
Kushi is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 20:05   Link #199
Theowne
耳をすませば
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
@be0wulf
Quote:
That's no good reason to take it out on Hiromi. Assuming her situation's identical to Hiromi's, there's even less reason to take it out on Hiromi, as Hiromi doesn't exactly hate Noe.
Shin's mom didn't know anything about Hiromi and Noe and the whole love triangle during the time she was acting cruel. She seems to hate Hiromi because of Hiromi's mother who must have been involved in some love triangle with Shin's father. She despised Hiromi because Hiromi reminded her of her mother at every turn, especially how she seemed to get her husband and son on her side, which must have brought back painful memories.

Also, the two situations don't obviously mirror each other to every detail, of course. There is less animosity in the "current generation"

Quote:
-no reason for Shin's mom to take out her hatred on Hiromi, as it's inconsistent with Hiromi's attitude towards Noe
Hatred is of course irrational. Hiromi brought up bad memories to Shin's mother and so she hated Hiromi's presence as well. She didn't know anything about Hiromi's own problems until episode 13, when she had already stopped acting cruel.
__________________

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline  
Old 2008-03-30, 20:15   Link #200
littlekitty
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: somewhere in your heart
Age: 23
Eh, all's well that ends well, I suppose.

It doesn't surprise me that Shin picked Hiromi in the end, but I thought there was a good possibility for him to switch back to Noe. Granted, if Shin had ditched Hiromi for Noe, he might have come off like a certain Makoto we all love to hate...and maybe we would have seen a Nice Boat ending. XD

Overall...great series. Noe got her tears back...Shin cried...Hiromi cried...god that song scene between Shin and Noe was heartbreaking!

In the end, this is one show I am going to miss! Now I have to figure out how to fill the big, empty hole in my saturday that TT and Kimikiss have left. =(
__________________
littlekitty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.