AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 12:50   Link #321
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Well, I have faith that Lee can win this fight. He is a genius (as proclaimed by Kakashi) and he is (was?) one of the leaf's strongest four Genin according to Kishimoto (Lee, Naruto, Sasuke, Neji). Neither Chouji, Shikamaru or Kiba have visibly improved enough to surpass him, so I still think he is one of the strongest four. This fight should go well for him.
Seeing as how Shika DID surpass him, yeah, he's still one of the strongest. Aside from that Shino's about the only one from the Genin not inculded in your top 4 there that would have a chance at getting by those guys...maybe Hinata, too.

Detroit's MVP of the 2003 NBA Finals goes to...the referees!
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:05   Link #322
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Seeing as how Shika DID surpass him, yeah, he's still one of the strongest. Aside from that Shino's about the only one from the Genin not inculded in your top 4 there that would have a chance at getting by those guys...maybe Hinata, too.
How did Shika surpass Lee? Let's see he got the Chuunin title (which is just a title, and means nothing for strength) and got one new jutsu. If he couldn't take Lee before, one new jutsu really doesn't make a difference at all. Shikamaru may have intelligence, but even he knows he can't beat the brute strenght that Neji, Lee, Naruto and Sasuke have. He even said he would most likely lose to Naruto.

And it's not _my_ top four. Kishimoto named those four the top four Leaf Genin way back during the Chuunin fights.

Hinata couldn't hold her own against Neji...no way she can take on Sasuke, Naruto or Lee.

And Shino...I'm guessing he wasn't named one of the top four for a reason, too. Though he'd probably put up more of a fight.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:26   Link #323
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
How did Shika surpass Lee? Let's see he got the Chuunin title (which is just a title, and means nothing for strength) and got one new jutsu. If he couldn't take Lee before, one new jutsu really doesn't make a difference at all. Shikamaru may have intelligence, but even he knows he can't beat the brute strenght that Neji, Lee, Naruto and Sasuke have. He even said he would most likely lose to Naruto.

And it's not _my_ top four. Kishimoto named those four the top four Leaf Genin way back during the Chuunin fights.

Hinata couldn't hold her own against Neji...no way she can take on Sasuke, Naruto or Lee.

And Shino...I'm guessing he wasn't named one of the top four for a reason, too. Though he'd probably put up more of a fight.
You're assuming Hinata still hasn't gotten her sh*t together. Shino refers to himself as a Chuunin, and since you don't see everyone else doing that, I'm going to assume that means he's fairly high level, higher probably than when those rankings were given during the first round fights.

Anyway, Shika couldn't take any of those 4 who has a clue about how to fight.

Lee does not fall into that category.

Sasuke...he figures stuff out a little quicker than Lee...but would it be quick enough to keep him from getting caught? Combine that with his arrogance, and I think Shika's got an outside shot.

Neji would beat Shika. If Tayuya can resist the Kagemane with a flood of chakra, then Neji would be able to as well.

Naruto's the main character. So he'd win. Even without that, though, it'd be hard for Shika to figure out which Naruto to bind...

Old 2004-04-02, 13:34   Link #324
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

No point in argueing who's stronger Lee or Shika. It could go both ways. We don't know know enough to clearly determine which one is stronger. Plus we need to wait and see if Lee actually takes down Kimi and how easily.

As for what i think ... Shika would be able to surpass Lee because he thinks up some brilliant tactics. While Lee has one tactic which he does very well ... pummel the living crap out of the other guy. And lets think realistically here, it wouldn't be too hard to catch someone with Lee's intellect in shadowbind.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:42   Link #325
Palani
///_^

You got ir right with Shika bing smarter but as displayed in the temari fight as long as you can outrun the shadow it poses not threat. And have you seen Lee moving vs. Gaara, no off course you haven't, you blinked and he was gone.

But then again Lee isn't the smartest so he would propably fall for almost everything Shika has in store for him.
Old 2004-04-02, 13:57   Link #326
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
You got ir right with Shika bing smarter but as displayed in the temari fight as long as you can outrun the shadow it poses not threat. And have you seen Lee moving vs. Gaara, no off course you haven't, you blinked and he was gone.
That was after he dropped the weights. Lee wouldn't open with taking them off. He's gotta tease first. (Baddum ching.)

Quote:
But then again Lee isn't the smartest so he would propably fall for almost everything Shika has in store for him.
That's what I think too. Shika has the advantage of range and tactics. That spells almost certain doom for the Lee-man.

Old 2004-04-02, 14:05   Link #327
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:

Well during the Temari fight he was intentionally making her jump away from the shadow. Eventually he made her get close enough to the hole in the arena to catch her. The point is weather Lee outruns it or not Shika will have enough steps thought out to eventually get him. 1 more thing Lee doesn't know too much about Shika's technique. It's only been used once in Front of Lee and not to its fullest potential.

As of now Shika has the edge over Lee.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-02, 14:09   Link #328
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Sorry to get off the off-topic topic...but...any news on 211?

Old 2004-04-02, 14:41   Link #329
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Sorry to dissappoint you, but No
Old 2004-04-02, 14:59   Link #330
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Sorry to dissappoint you, but No
*world collapses*

Dammit. No City of Heroes Beta and No Chapter 211 Raw make RandomGuy something something...

Old 2004-04-02, 15:03   Link #331
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

211 where??? i need it!
Old 2004-04-02, 15:18   Link #332
Palani
///_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
211 where??? i need it!
That's the problem, we all do, there's just no way.

*Shouting at parents for their comment that waiting in front of a pc screen doesn't make a manga appear*
Old 2004-04-02, 15:27   Link #333
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Not sure if it's news, but Inane is having trouble getting a decent raw ... again.

Is this allowed in the forum rules? ^ Mentioning Inane that is (need to know for the future).
Old 2004-04-02, 16:02   Link #334
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Not sure if it's news, but Inane is having trouble getting a decent raw ... again.

Is this allowed in the forum rules? ^ Mentioning Inane that is (need to know for the future).
I don't think it is. I mean, it's the posting of links that is discouraged. I don't think mentioning trnaslation groups is a big deal.

Trouble getting a raw, huh? That's a drag.