AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do u think about baka-san
couldn't survive without him 42 32.81%
I like him, but I change his subbs to ANBU when ANBU comes 38 29.69%
wait for ANBU 45 35.16%
other...(plz post) 3 2.34%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-01, 17:56   Link #21
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
well you like the speed, I prefer the quality
I don't know what codecs you use, but I see no difference in quality in Bakasan's videos and A/A's videos.
Old 2004-04-01, 18:01   Link #22
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalady
Nandeyanen ? Boketonen? kisama, bukorosu !

Omae wa mou shinde Iru
wtf? I thought this was an English frorum?!?! shit, I guess my browser has been f*cked up or somehing. all these japanese posts...
Old 2004-04-01, 18:03   Link #23
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Quote:
hmm... how bout ya mind your own business, ok ? shine, kuso yaro ^_^
Its my business when people insult friends, no? ^_^, now lets get back on topic and stop flaming people

kisu mai ketsunoana
Old 2004-04-01, 18:03   Link #24
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
I don't know what codecs you use, but I see no difference in quality in Bakasan's videos and A/A's videos.
Well I was really talking about overall quality, but even the video quality is a little better(I've campared the 2 before). I'm willing to wait a few days for even a very slight difference.

Edit: where's Dranz, I think a temp ban may be in order.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. I have saved this image into my "WTF directory" just in case I ever wonder if it was only been a bad dream, and have removed it from the forum. Hopefully Lexander will never do this again!
Old 2004-04-01, 18:09   Link #25
Kiro
chocolate overdose

bakasan has gotten better and better imo. the vid-quality is as it should be and the subs are good as well now. only thing is, that he sometimes screws the length of the subtitle lines, so that they go beyond the screen and you can't read them. if he resolves that issue too, then don't see any reason anymore to prefer the anbu subs. anbu has better looking subtitles-fonts and the karaoke-lines in the opening and ending are better but that isn't important for me. i don't plan to collect and burn the eps anyway. off course, if someone asked me from which group to download, i'd say anbu (or tw) because bakasans eps and translations weren't so hot back then.
Old 2004-04-01, 18:10   Link #26
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Well I was really talking about overall quality, but even the video quality is a little better(I've campared the 2 before). I'm willing to wait a few days for even a very slight difference.
yeah, I noticed that too. the quality, I mean.

Quote:
Edit: where's Dranz, I think a temp ban may be in order.
can I approve that...?

btw, am I going to need new codecs for the ANBU too, or doesn't anyone know yet...? cos' it felt really weird watching the bakasan version with standard DivX codecs. (It was all f*cked up, so I thougt it was the codecs... I didn't download any new ones though, so I'm not sure...)
Old 2004-04-01, 18:33   Link #27
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Nandeyanen ? Boketonen? kisama, bukorosu !

Omae wa mou shinde Iru
That's some nice third-rate japanese you got there.

First you start off with osaka-ben (which you spelled incorrectly I might add), then do some nice 1 word sentences and finish off with 'you are already dieing' which doesn't really make sense.

Now I'm gonna stop this childish game because I have better things to do.

Flame all you want, I'm not reading it.
Old 2004-04-01, 19:05   Link #28
abstrackt
We like the moon!

Send a message via ICQ to abstrackt
Back onto original topic...

Baka-san does deliver exactly what he promises, a fast-released fansub. It might not be the best quality every time, but since prettymuch everyone who watches Naruto is like a crack addict when it comes to this series, he tends to provide a fix to last ya until ANBU-Aone release their copy.
Old 2004-04-01, 19:10   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

While I don't have a problem with this thread, I'm not sure what Dranz is going to say. I know that some of the language being used here is quite objectionable and I am tempted to close it down for that alone. I think I'll leave it is Dranz' hands since I don't know who he has warned already. Some of you are definitely going to get banned if you've already got a warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Yes, we do love bakasan. Without him, we'd have to wait till friday/weekend for our naruto sub fix!
Couldn't have said it better myself. Without bakasan people would have to wait 2 more days for their Naruto fix. While not everyone has 2 days worth of patience (sometimes 3 days), I'm content to wait.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-01, 21:07   Link #30
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
wow.. yea.. they mght already be banned.. just becuase its in japanese doesnt mean u wont b e baned..they still know what yur sayin. it would suc to get banned soo just be friendly and smile

but anyways .. on to the topic .. i voted that i always get baka san for my naruto fix.. but then dl anbuu cuz i like his version a bit better
Old 2004-04-01, 21:39   Link #31
[^_^x]

I read the manga anyways so I wait for Anbu. I used to d/l from baka alot when it was under the Saiyaman name. But not anymore because Anbu has improved it's speed alot without sacraficing quality.
Old 2004-04-01, 21:40   Link #32
momojigari
Great I-Jin

I must say that baka san sure delivers...in terms of speed.

When I first got into naruto..i guess the first 70 eps were all A-A...it was prett well done, but then when I finally caught up and had to wait every week for the eps to come out....i had to find a way to get my fix asap...then comes bakasan. so yah, for now, i'm stickin' w/ bakasan cuz i can't wait another day for another episode of naruto!

"DEtroit Wot...DEtrOiT Wot!"
Old 2004-04-01, 22:19   Link #33
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
I always change to anbu when it comes out, even if anbu lag.

Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
Old 2004-04-01, 23:50   Link #34
TheGrinch

Talking

I used to DL bakasan's, then DL to Anbu's when it comes out. But Im just to lazy to do that now, so I just stick with Bakasan.
Old 2004-04-02, 00:47   Link #35
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

uhm, actuallly, I don't see why there's a difference in the first two choices... I mean: It's quite possible to not be able to wait two or three days for the subbed Naruto, so in that way you can't live without BakaSan, but you can also have that and still download ANBU once it comes out, right...?
Old 2004-04-02, 02:08   Link #36
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Anbu
better quality i can wait 1 more day for Naruto its not like its the end of the world to wait for it
Old 2004-04-02, 03:42   Link #37
NVninja

well.... first msg from me... baka = quickie and anbu = quality... u want good stuff, ull wait for pure enjoyment... or u get the dirty 2 min bj lols from a diseased wh*re...
Old 2004-04-02, 07:50   Link #38
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVninja
well.... first msg from me... baka = quickie and anbu = quality... u want good stuff, ull wait for pure enjoyment... or u get the dirty 2 min bj lols from a diseased wh*re...
You make it sound like bakasan is a 5 dolla hoe Oo
he does good but i got patience and 1337 skills to wait for the quality
Old 2004-04-02, 08:09   Link #39
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Bakasan, he subs, encodes and releases the naruto episodes usually within 24 hours of it been screened in japan, all in his spare time! Thats something to be appreciated is it not?
Old 2004-04-02, 22:00   Link #40
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
While I don't have a problem with this thread, I'm not sure what Dranz is going to say. I know that some of the language being used here is quite objectionable and I am tempted to close it down for that alone. I think I'll leave it is Dranz' hands since I don't know who he has warned already. Some of you are definitely going to get banned if you've already got a warning.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Without bakasan people would have to wait 2 more days for their Naruto fix. While not everyone has 2 days worth of patience (sometimes 3 days), I'm content to wait.
Well I'm back and now that I've seen this thread, I'm not in a very happy mood.

I never warned analady before, but I'm pretty sure after all the constant warnings and level of "flamming" I don't think a warning is in order. However, a warning IS in order for [A-Flux]Kiva128 and Lexander.

Good reason or not, I don't like flames. So don't let me catch you flamming in the Naruto forum or anywhere else again (especially in Japanese where you think I won't be able to tell).
Closed Thread