AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-02, 15:49   Link #161
aahhsin

hmmm amy then fantasy as your title...

Amy's Fantasies..............

nevermind...

Mine is easy.

aahh then Sin

It's good to sin.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 17:39   Link #162
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Obviously my name doesn't come from an Anime but what it represents is interesting.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-02, 18:46   Link #163
HoboGod
Necromancer

i didn't get my nick from any anime. i got my nick from one of my random nonsence blasphamy phrases where i would claim to be the God of Hobos. BUT, i did get the kanji in my avatar from anime. the kanji itself means evil (which i am, don't let this explination confuse you ) but i started to use it after Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin who would wear this symbol on his back as proof of where he came from and what his comrades were labeled.

"All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
<(^.^<) 2 wrongs make a right, 3 rights make a left. (>^.^)>
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 20:07   Link #164
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

O_o Wee! That's interesting and funny to see the origin of each member's username ^^;

lol xris, I didn't know that XD!

Well, mine has no special origin at all: Helly is just my nickname, I've just added the Japanese particle -chan

Hey HoboGod! Long time no see!~(^_^< )
Old 2004-04-02, 23:00   Link #165

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma Send a message via Skype™ to Karma
Most people have pretty cool reasons, stories behind their nicks. I needed a name that I wouldn't have to change as I got older, and something that was cool. The thing I believe most in this world......KARMA!!. So thus it was born. It was either Karma or Chance Chance was this thing I drew during school, the word chance but spelled out like fish bones ( <hanc< ) something like that. And Denial is just the 'a' and 'e' in my name switched. I just figured out Denial resently, which is the 'a' and 'e' in my name switched. I go by Karma or Denial now, their just kinda my adopted names.

Old 2004-04-02, 23:09   Link #166
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

basically... if ya'll listened to Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg back in the day... you would know what a chronic or what chronic is... then I thought... since I liked Prince of Tennis so much... I thought I might as well call myself a similar name... afterall... I have mastered this "hobby" like Echizen mastered his.....
Old 2004-04-02, 23:18   Link #167
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
That's cool...

There are some very interesting name origins in here.,....

As you can see, mine is pretty self explanatory......I love Naruto, and I just LOVED the way he used the sexy-no-jutsu on the Hokage............................................ .............
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 23:28   Link #168
dbzgundam
A-Blitz Founder/Encoder

My username is contradictory to my opinion on DBZ.

I hate it...... Gundam on the other hand is my god anime. (Tieing with Eiken!!)
Old 2004-04-02, 23:48   Link #169
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Oooh, I might have posted before a Loooooong time ago before the crash.
My name is simple really. I used to come to AS for one soul purpose since I had dial-up and was limited to one ep per week [17h per ep is not fun, expecially when it blocks phone lines! >.<]. What did I download you ask? Well .Hack//Dusk of course

And Chibi, because...I act like a little kid most of the time
So therefore it became ChibiDusk!

Until skyrii came along and...hence forth I was called ChibiDuck by some members, and by those who hate me for sharing my opinions and being stupid...chibif*ck

I expecially love those minus rep points I get with some stupid thing such as:
"Don't argue with the great JAppi silly chibifuck"

So I have 3 names, feel free to make up more.

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:16   Link #170

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma Send a message via Skype™ to Karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
basically... if ya'll listened to Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg back in the day... you would know what a chronic or what chronic is... then I thought... since I liked Prince of Tennis so much... I thought I might as well call myself a similar name... afterall... I have mastered this "hobby" like Echizen mastered his.....
Me loves the chronic!! I mean.......Oh well, that's some cool stuff. Does anyone besides me use their name or another name outside of AS and internet stuff?

Last edited by Karma; 2004-04-03 at 00:17. Reason: Dun dun dun.......
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 00:32   Link #171
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
My name comes from my obsession with insects. At one point in my life, i seriously thought of becoming an entomologist! anyway, i have always idolized praying mantis, don't know exactly why, but i just adore them! so i pick 8 years ago mantis as a nick for everything, but since it seems plane to me, i decided to change it to mantidor, and have used it since then for EVERYTHING

mantidor in Diablo II
mantidor as link's name in every zelda game
mantidor in any forum
etc
etc
etc

when i found someone else with my name, i normally just change it to mantidae, or i attempt to murder the bastard who stole it......
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 03:07   Link #172
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
well lets see...

Dopeskills was originally a DJ from Philadelphia. But my friends started calling me that (not because I was cool) but, because of some stupid stuff I did. Anyway, the name caught on with the soccer team, and the rest is history....
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 03:23   Link #173
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I am really interested in knowing what the hell "NoSanninWa" means. Is it like cut off from a sentance or something? "utsukushii no sannin wa watashi no tomodachi" (just threw in something from nowhere, I know that makes no grammatical sense...) and then it was picked out form the middle? "no sannin wa"? "nosanninwa"?
It's scarey how good you are. It was cut off from a sentence. One of my early series had a sentence that was at the beginning of every single episode. After a few dozen episodes that sentence burned itself into my brain. Even to this day I cannot forget it. "Shido Hikaru, Ryuzaki Umi, Hoji Fuu no sannin wa." If you've ever seen the show, I'm sure that you know what it is from.

Spoiler for lame people who don't recognize the series:

Another reason that I use it is because as someone with a strong interest in mythology the significance of three people is something that should not be ignored. I love to have mythic connections.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 03:52   Link #174
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It's scarey how good you are. It was cut off from a sentence. One of my early series had a sentence that was at the beginning of every single episode. After a few dozen episodes that sentence burned itself into my brain. Even to this day I cannot forget it. "Shido Hikaru, Ryuzaki Umi, Hoji Fuu no sannin wa." If you've ever seen the show, I'm sure that you know what it is from.

Another reason that I use it is because as someone with a strong interest in mythology the significance of three people is something that should not be ignored. I love to have mythic connections.
Indeed, No Sannin Wa... I was wondering about the same thing

The spoiler tag includes the Kanji/kana or the Kanji/Kana oriented people like myself and the obvious mythical implication
Spoiler:

Oh and more notes for myself and my User name: I've used this one for about 5-6 year. I can't quite remember why I picked it as there are bigger and better DQ spells out there It just stuck with me
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 05:03   Link #175
Honkie_McGee

I have comedian Dave Chappelle to thank for my nick name. And as he explained on last Wednesday's episode of "Chappelle's Show":
Quote:
Honkie is a racial epithet used for white people. It was made popular by a man named George Jefferson in the 1970ís.
The whole name came from a line in the movie Undercover Brother. A very funny movie, btw. Dave Chappelle's character, Conspiracy Brother, explains the purpose of The B.R.O.T.H.E.R.H.O.O.D. to Undercover Brother, as played by Eddie Griffin, in the following quote.
Quote:
What do you think, Undercover Brother? If that is your real name. You think things just happen by accident? No! Some people, mostly white people, make things happen. Thatís where we come in and our never-ending struggle against The Man, a.k.a. Whitey, a.k.a. Mr. Charlie, a.k.a. Honkie McGee.
I never had settled on a nickname online before then. When I saw it in the theater, that name just stuck in my head. Since then, I've used Honkie McGee on a couple of forums I browse. The rare occasions I find myself in a chat room. It was the name of my Ragnarok Online character(for the short time I actually played that). I even named my cell phone "Honkie".
Old 2004-04-03, 05:43   Link #176
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa

*laughs* i saw shidou hikaru and thought Hikaru no go. silly me.

i am loving the thought process behind each name.

ESIT: yes i know it is shindou
Old 2004-04-03, 06:52   Link #177
wao
OK.

NoSanninWa: I suppose I can guess because 1. I'd do something like that too. 2. Stupid english lessons in school about context actually WORKED, dammit!

I wish I could have a funky cool mythological nickname. I think they're really interesting too, but I always come up with mad ones. I suppose I'm madder than anything else. The only way I could get a really mythological nickname is if I know in a few million years time, people whisper around the old legend of "wao, the little tick that freaked the hell out of an entire forum". Okay, maybe that's exaggerating. Hehe, and then people could go around making references to it... "you stupid wao-ish person!" "good lord, that attack just waoed me" "my brother is a wao" ... ego boost! ego boost! ego boost! o_o

Maybe I should go make a nick like NoHyakugojuu'ichininWa.... or NoHitoriWa or something.

Lemme think of any other nicks I've ever had. Well okay, thre was this really silly one called Azura Stardust. I simply picked out nice happy sparkly girly sort of stuff and made it sound slightly cool and voila. Coined it up when I was 11. I like blue, and stardust is just, uh, cool, so there you go. By the way, I only heard Stardust by Frank Sinatra AFTER getting the name. THat song is really cool, though.

EDIT: Next thing I should do at another forum is sign up as Fakiaisgreaterthanyou. Or Fakir>you if they allow ">" or maybe I should just stick to "wao". It's simple and easy to remember.
Old 2004-04-03, 07:32   Link #178
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
My nicks come from my name...
TaMz comes from T. (my firstname) A. (my secondname) M. (my lastname) and a Z...
my other nick Taimou comes from my first name which is Timo, but when the english speakers say it, it would sound like Taimou to us Finnish ppl...
Old 2004-04-03, 08:16   Link #179
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
Mines from Ghost In The Shell. I fell in love with Motoko, so I used the name. I use it for my username everywhere I go. Then when I started watching Love Hina I fell in love with Motoko again lol. Even though it's a girls name, i don't care.
Old 2004-04-03, 20:13   Link #180
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
NoSanninWa: I suppose I can guess because 1. I'd do something like that too. 2. Stupid english lessons in school about context actually WORKED, dammit!

I wish I could have a funky cool mythological nickname. I think they're really interesting too, but I always come up with mad ones. I suppose I'm madder than anything else. The only way I could get a really mythological nickname is if I know in a few million years time, people whisper around the old legend of "wao, the little tick that freaked the hell out of an entire forum". Okay, maybe that's exaggerating. Hehe, and then people could go around making references to it... "you stupid wao-ish person!" "good lord, that attack just waoed me" "my brother is a wao" ... ego boost! ego boost! ego boost! o_o

Maybe I should go make a nick like NoHyakugojuu'ichininWa.... or NoHitoriWa or something.

Lemme think of any other nicks I've ever had. Well okay, thre was this really silly one called Azura Stardust. I simply picked out nice happy sparkly girly sort of stuff and made it sound slightly cool and voila. Coined it up when I was 11. I like blue, and stardust is just, uh, cool, so there you go. By the way, I only heard Stardust by Frank Sinatra AFTER getting the name. THat song is really cool, though.

EDIT: Next thing I should do at another forum is sign up as Fakiaisgreaterthanyou. Or Fakir>you if they allow ">" or maybe I should just stick to "wao". It's simple and easy to remember.
I like wao. It is cute. Besides, it is also mythological. Hadn't you heard of the great cat monster, Wao, from Phoenician mythology who fought against Baal, coughing up hairballs that nearly buried him in ickiness? Wao was finally banished to the buried ruins of Sodom, but not before scarring Baal terribly.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote