AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-03-25, 23:18   Link #1
SurferX

How to get those great upload speeds?

I've recently started creating torrents and being the initial seed for them. But it seems to upload terribly slow when I do that. I'd like to start it out real fast so that the initial downloaders can be seeders in a hurry but my upload speed is really sorry (going as low as 0.01 K/s at times if there's only one person downloading). I've tried a couple of the different clients and setting the upload speed to unlimited but the same thing happens.

I want to get the file out there and seeded more in a hurry, but it's just not happening. I'm on cable, and I know I can upload at a good speed since I've gone past 50 K/s upload with other torrents (that I wasn't seeding). So I don't understand what's going on.
SurferX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 02:09   Link #2
Jasio

Cable modems are considered too slow for initial seeding. I would suggest using a much faster line. If I need to inital seed a file for someone, I usually use one of my servers which allows for 1200+kB/sec of upload speed available to leechers. I would highly suggest you find a person who can distribute at a very high speed, or distribute your inital file between 5 or 6 people and then seed on a tracker in order to get combined uplink.
Old 2004-04-03, 13:28   Link #3
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
well unless you're the only one seeding cable is fine my 35-50kb/s seeding plus whoever else is seeding as long as people will seed after they finish their files there should be no problems and the port forwarding i discussed in another thread should solve any other problems you have.
Old 2004-07-23, 20:57   Link #4
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasio
Cable modems are considered too slow for initial seeding. I would suggest using a much faster line. If I need to inital seed a file for someone, I usually use one of my servers which allows for 1200+kB/sec of upload speed available to leechers. I would highly suggest you find a person who can distribute at a very high speed, or distribute your inital file between 5 or 6 people and then seed on a tracker in order to get combined uplink.

really? I have a cable modem and my upload speed is 1000 kb/s.
Old 2004-08-12, 23:47   Link #5
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
actually, by bittorrent's nature, the upload speed of the initial seeder is really nullified by the fact that when he finishes, he has a batch of dedicated seeders doing upload work for him

just make sure you get all the pieces out there

Bot Provider for #shin-getter, #toybox and #huzzah

Need a bot? Ask me and we'll talk.
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote