AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-05, 20:54   Link #301
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Hmmm think Ill marathon this now that its done and subbed. Mostly since I miss hearing Alzeid's sexy voice.
It's a shame you haven't been keeping up with the subs, though the thought of watching all that Hatenkou Yugi in one sitting does sound rather awesome. I'll probably rewatch the series in the week before manga volumes start to arrive at my front door.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:11   Link #302
White Manju Bun
WHY DOESNT SEMPAI LIKE ME
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's a shame you haven't been keeping up with the subs, though the thought of watching all that Hatenkou Yugi in one sitting does sound rather awesome. I'll probably rewatch the series in the week before manga volumes start to arrive at my front door.
Well chalk it up to a couple of things. Even though I knew the premise the first epi really threw me for a loop (as it did for everyone). I kept up with the raw til 3 and then kinda got distracted by other things ~cough~ Katekyo Hitman Reborn ~cough~ But I lurked and posted and followed this thread, so now I can actually enjoy the anime
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:53   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
We seriously need more Rahzel avatar action going on here. Anyone made any to share?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:57   Link #304
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
LKK: Have you by any chance ordered the soundtrack yet?
Sadly no. Unfortunately my finances are such that I have to rely on the kindness of others in this case. But I haven't found a kind soul in this particular hunt yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
LKK will be overjoyed to hear this especially

Ep 10 is subbed ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Haha you very right there.
Ah, geez. Have I really been that annoyingly devotional about the series?

Well, I might as well continue on since I've developed a reputation. Is anyone still interested in a spoiler post that explains more about the characters' backgrounds?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2008-04-05 at 22:09.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:11   Link #305
teddychan
Mr.noname
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: manila
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
Can i ask some question?
is the manga of this anime still ongoing?

will the anime have a second season?
because the anime is too short and I'm not satisfied
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:22   Link #306
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Ah, geez. Have I really been that annoyingly devotional about the series?

Well, I might as well continue on since I've developed a reputation. Is anyone still interested in a spoiler post that explains more about the characters' backgrounds?
How about obsessed fangirl? j/k j/k XD

Well, I should be getting my volumes (was missing 1, 2 and 8 >.>) soon but why not get a head start at knowing the characters ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post
Can i ask some question?
is the manga of this anime still ongoing?

will the anime have a second season?
because the anime is too short and I'm not satisfied
The manga is still ongoing and there has been not announcements on a season 2 yet unfortunatly. But I won't give up hope considering the end of ep 10...let the games begin
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:24   Link #307
Kyrie
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The bottom of a lake
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
I don't know anything about a second season( that would be AWESOME)

But yes the manga is still going on, there a currently 8 volumes here in the US and 10? in Japan. I HIGHLY reccomend the manga if you liked the anime :3
Kyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:12   Link #308
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Sadly no. Unfortunately my finances are such that I have to rely on the kindness of others in this case. But I haven't found a kind soul in this particular hunt yet. ?
I shall be ordering the soundtrack hopefully tomorrow. I'll update you once it arrives.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 18:00   Link #309
Guido
Child of Madness
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, Mťxico
Age: 34
Want my opinion about episode ten?

The whole show was just the prologue to the many and exciting adventures that Rahzel, Alzeid, and Baroqueheat will come across on their travels with no fixed destination.

The rundown about episode ten was that Rahzel felt bitter to have to call off her journey, even though her heart told her otherwise.
Spoiler:


On the other hand, the origins of Rahzel were revealed in the side-story within the episode.
Spoiler:


The problem is that the plot goes back full circle and repeats, save that Alzeid now feels comfortable with Rahzel's company, and she learned to step up against her foster dad to follow what her heart desired.

From where the mysterious stranger makes his move the story starts to get interesting but is cut off in a permanent cliffhanger.

Seriously, Dazzle was filled with big chunks of missing plot that need a second season in order to be properly filled.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 18:35   Link #310
Ookla The Mok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
The main difficulty with the idea of a second season is that
Spoiler for episode 10/manga:


Maybe there will be a second season someday, and maybe they'll figure out a way to plot things that sort of works out. But I wouldn't count on it. If you like this series, I highly recommend going back and getting it at the source—the manga.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 21:26   Link #311
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
How about obsessed fangirl? j/k j/k XD
Part of that comes from the fact that I find the manga very funny and an increasingly intriguing puzzle that I enjoy putting together. But sadly too few other readers seem to appreciate the manga. I want to share the love, so I tend to promote the living daylights out of the series, here and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well, I should be getting my volumes (was missing 1, 2 and 8 >.>) soon but why not get a head start at knowing the characters ^^
Okay, I'll work something up and post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I shall be ordering the soundtrack hopefully tomorrow. I'll update you once it arrives.
You have a kind soul, Shiroth. Thank you.

There are lots of things to think about with episode 10. But my mind keeps coming back to one theme. It's a theme that's starts in episode 8, runs through episode 9, and comes to completion in episode 10. What does it mean to be a companion to another person?

In episode 8, Alzeid makes it clear during his hotel conversation with Baroqueheat that he considers a companion to be someone who's there for the other person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep 8
A: At any rate, do you think I could really leave that unreliable woman alone? Because unlike someone, I seem to be her companion.
Then in episode 9, Soresta and Rahzel discuss what it means to be a companion outside the restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep 9
S: You get along quite well, don't you?
R: Yup, we do, because we're comrades?
S: I am his comrade, not you.
R: You mean "ex-comrade", right? The one who is traveling with Alzeid right now is me, no?
Notice that Rahzel states that she's Alzeid's companion because she's the one who's there for him now. She's taunting Soresta, of course. Still, her words echo Alzeid's in episode 8. But does she believe what she says?

Maybe not, because in episode 10, when Alzeid gives her definition back to her, she reject its.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep 10
S: I won't write a letter! I won't come and see you! I won't ever try to remember you! As if I'd let someone who isn't beside me reside in my heart for even a moment! If you're going to just up and leave like this, then you're no comrade of mine!
[snip]
R: Alzeid how are you say something like that! Are you saying that I was the only one who thought of us as comrades, then?
A: Are comrades ... Are comrades still comrades even after they're split far apart?
R: They are.
A: Even if they never see each other again? Even if they're unable to share the happy times, and support each other through the hard ones? Even if they don't know where and how the other is living and if they are well or not, can you still call that a comrade?
R: They still are!
A: That's a lie. It wouldn't even be any consolation. I don't need that kind of thing.
However by the end of their fight on the train tracks, Alzeid's definition of what it means to be a companion -- someone who's there for the other person -- wins the day, and she returns to his side.

My mind keeps coming back to those three scenes because I love how the theme runs through the episodes and ties them together in a way that's deeper than their surface level plot connections.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2008-04-06 at 21:59. Reason: added thoughts about eps 8 through 10 and the idea of what it means to be a companion
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 13:59   Link #312
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Exclamation Spoilers post

Here’s my promised spoilers post. I want to clarify a few things before I start though. Most of what I’m going to talk about are things that occurred chronologically before Rahzel met Alzeid. I’m not going to talk much about what happens to the trio during their travels. So you really ought to read the manga even though I’m going to tell you some spoilers. The information I’m giving is from volumes 1 through 8. (Volume 8 was recently released in English.) Keep in mind though that the series is 10 volumes long and still being serialized in Japan. So I don’t know everything yet. Furthermore, the mangaka is very good at misdirection. She’ll let you believe something for several volumes before revealing additional information that changes or contradicts what you think you knew. (I had that happen to me with a volume 8 revelation.) With those caveats in mind, on with the spoilers.

About the setting

What the anime told us: Technology is less advanced than our current level. Technology doesn’t seem much more advanced than the steam engine railways era. However, some evidence of more advanced technology such as Alzeid’s gun does exist.

What the anime didn’t say:
Spoiler:


About Rahzel

What the anime told us: Rahzel’s real name is Rahzenshia Rose. She’s a magic user. She is the daughter of Fabien Rose. Her mother had a fatal illness and went mad waiting for death. She decided to kill Rahzenshia. In self-defense, Rahzenshia killed her mother with her magic. Fearful, Fabien took Rahzenshia and abandoned her in the forest, hoping she would die. While waiting for her death, Rahzenshia was approached by a red-haired man. Somehow, she ended up in the care of Serateed who adopted her. At that time, Rahzenshia changed her name to Rahzel. When Razhel was 14, Serateed kicked her out of the house telling her to travel the world.

What the anime didn’t say:
Spoiler:


About Alzeid

What the anime told us: Alzeid once served in the army with Baroqueheat. He is a magic user capable of flying and delivering explosive magic bursts. As a child, he was not allowed outside. He is looking for his father’s murderer whom he describes as a woman with black hair and blue eyes. His description of his vengeance quest: “I am looking for the woman who killed my father. That is the purpose of my journey. The man who was killed was in some ways my father, and in some ways myself. Thus, this is also revenge for myself.” [Episode 2, 05:20, Shinsen Subs]

What the anime didn’t say:
Spoiler:


About Baroqueheat

What the anime told us: Baroqueheat served in the army with Alzeid. He has a moth tattoo that can turn into a sword. He has an older brother who is Rahzel’s adopted father, Serateed, making her his adopted niece. Neither Rahzel nor Baroqueheat knew of this connection when they first met.

What the anime didn’t say:
Spoiler:


Well now, what do you think? Sounds much more complex than the anime ever hinted at, doesn’t it? Like I said at the beginning, I mostly stuck to what happened in the past before the series started. And as you can see, there’s still more to be uncovered about the past. As for the present, I haven’t mentioned too much of what happens to them during their travels. Don’t think you know all about their adventures from the anime though. The anime left out large crucial sections of their travels. Find the manga and read it to learn about those events, how they changed our trio, and how the past’s revelations affect their current relationships with each other.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2008-04-07 at 14:57.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:17   Link #313
Ookla The Mok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Spoiler for Natsume, response to LKK's huge spoilers:

Note that the spoilers LKK gives are bigtime secrets in the manga that are revealed only very slowly over time. The best way to learn them is to read them as they come up in the manga, not in a big infodump post.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 14:22   Link #314
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for Natsume, response to LKK's huge spoilers:
That makes sense to me. If what you say turns out to be true, it would clear up some questions I have about statements that seem contradictory.

Quote:
Note that the spoilers LKK gives are bigtime secrets in the manga that are revealed only very slowly over time. The best way to learn them is to read them as they come up in the manga, not in a big infodump post.
Quoted for truth. I only did the big infodump post because I know that there are viewers who are curious but won't read the manga for whatever reason.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:22   Link #315
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, I don't mind the spoilers seen as I am still going to read it anyway. Thx LKK for the effort.

And holy spoilers they were
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Hereís my promised spoilers post. I want to clarify a few things before I start though. Most of what Iím going to talk about are things that occurred chronologically before Rahzel met Alzeid. Iím not going to talk much about what happens to the trio during their travels. So you really ought to read the manga even though Iím going to tell you some spoilers. The information Iím giving is from volumes 1 through 8. (Volume 8 was recently released in English.) Keep in mind though that the series is 10 volumes long and still being serialized in Japan. So I donít know everything yet. Furthermore, the mangaka is very good at misdirection. Sheíll let you believe something for several volumes before revealing additional information that changes or contradicts what you think you knew. (I had that happen to me with a volume 8 revelation.) With those caveats in mind, on with the spoilers.

About the setting

What the anime told us: Technology is less advanced than our current level. Technology doesnít seem much more advanced than the steam engine railways era. However, some evidence of more advanced technology such as Alzeidís gun does exist.

What the anime didnít say:
Spoiler:
This I actually did guess right. Just looking at Alzeid's gun was enough for some connection.
Quote:
About Rahzel

What the anime told us: Rahzelís real name is Rahzenshia Rose. Sheís a magic user. She is the daughter of Fabien Rose. Her mother had a fatal illness and went mad waiting for death. She decided to kill Rahzenshia. In self-defense, Rahzenshia killed her mother with her magic. Fearful, Fabien took Rahzenshia and abandoned her in the forest, hoping she would die. While waiting for her death, Rahzenshia was approached by a red-haired man. Somehow, she ended up in the care of Serateed who adopted her. At that time, Rahzenshia changed her name to Rahzel. When Razhel was 14, Serateed kicked her out of the house telling her to travel the world.

What the anime didnít say:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
About Alzeid

What the anime told us: Alzeid once served in the army with Baroqueheat. He is a magic user capable of flying and delivering explosive magic bursts. As a child, he was not allowed outside. He is looking for his fatherís murderer whom he describes as a woman with black hair and blue eyes. His description of his vengeance quest: ďI am looking for the woman who killed my father. That is the purpose of my journey. The man who was killed was in some ways my father, and in some ways myself. Thus, this is also revenge for myself.Ē [Episode 2, 05:20, Shinsen Subs]

What the anime didnít say:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
About Baroqueheat

What the anime told us: Baroqueheat served in the army with Alzeid. He has a moth tattoo that can turn into a sword. He has an older brother who is Rahzelís adopted father, Serateed, making her his adopted niece. Neither Rahzel nor Baroqueheat knew of this connection when they first met.

What the anime didnít say:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Well now, what do you think? Sounds much more complex than the anime ever hinted at, doesnít it? Like I said at the beginning, I mostly stuck to what happened in the past before the series started. And as you can see, thereís still more to be uncovered about the past. As for the present, I havenít mentioned too much of what happens to them during their travels. Donít think you know all about their adventures from the anime though. The anime left out large crucial sections of their travels. Find the manga and read it to learn about those events, how they changed our trio, and how the pastís revelations affect their current relationships with each other.
Indeed. but I still love the anime. Just give us S2 already
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 16:47   Link #316
Ookla The Mok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Spoiler for Kiara's motivation/volume 4:

Last edited by Ookla The Mok; 2008-04-07 at 17:19. Reason: added speculation
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:29   Link #317
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Actually, this two was seen in the anime. The one who took her out of the circle had red hair but Rahzel had forgotten all about that. But the viewers do see the guy with red hair and should have guessed.
Yeah, I know. I added that comment because one of the bloggers I read apparently missed that point in the anime and thought it was Rahzel's father that took her from the circle. So I mentioned it explicitly in case someone else missed the implication of the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Um, I'm not sure you got that right. That's my fault, I'm sure, because I was a bit obscure in order to keep a surprise for later revelation. Here's what I really meant.
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Watch episode 8 again. Heat wasn't talking to the red-haired man at the end of episode 8. He was talking to Serateed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Just give us S2 already
Quoted for truth.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 02:56   Link #318
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Takahiro Sakurai ( Seiyu : Alzeid )


Takahiro Sakurai





* Date of Birth : June 13 1974

* Hometown : Aichi, Japan

* Blood Type: A

* Height : 1.76m (5' 9'')

* Weight : 58kg (128 lb)

* Hobbies : Record collecting, Scuba diving Shopping Taking walks

* Website : Takahiro Sakurai @ 81 Produce

* He is a member of 81 Produce.

* Many of his roles were handsome (and mostly charming) men.

* He has also voiced reluctant heroes (such as Cloud Strife and Rockman X) as well as the occasional villain (Maximilien Robespierre in Le Chevalier D'Eon, Hiltz in Zoids: Guardian Force and Sasori in Naruto Shippuden).

*Sakurai was also typecast to play an angsty and arrogant young man, and also loner character.

* Anime Roles :


Spoiler for Savin Space:


* OVA Roles :

Spoiler for Savin Space:


* Drama CD :


Spoiler for Savin Space:


* Games :


Spoiler for Savin Space:
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 09:39   Link #319
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
^^ What do the titles in red and underlined signify? Do they represent roles you liked him voicing?
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:17   Link #320
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I've just started this anime. It's only 10 episodes long? How much material can it cover with so few episodes?

the character cast is ok. I think the anime has potential. Travelling group is one of my fav, but the introduction of characters is pretty quick, and I don't see how the relationship between three people who know little about each other can suddenly become good comrades. Something in the department of character development seems lacking.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.