AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Old 2004-04-03, 18:47   Link #1
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Kaze no Yojimbo

Why is it that I can find no information on how to buy this, potentially the best of all anime soundtracks? I have never bought an anime soundtrack, mainly because I am not into jpop and techno so nothing has really struck me, so I admit I don't know where to look. This is one soundtrack I really want to check out! I love Tokyo and Situation by Escargot, as well as the music played during the show.

So where do you find anime soundtracks, and if possible, where specifically can I find this one?
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 19:46   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

CD Japan is a really good place.

Here's where you can get the opening/ending single for Kaze no Yojimbo:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICM-1043

Unfortunately, the show's soundtrack was only included in the limited edition 1st volume R2 DVD of the show, catalogue no. KIBA-9726, which is now out of print. For that, you may have to resort to Yahoo! Japan auctions, or maybe you can bug Bandai (which licensed the show last year in 2003), and see if they will be including the soundtrack with the North American release.
Old 2004-04-04, 11:14   Link #3
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. As for the US release, it isn't included. I preordered it through deepdiscountdvd and it arrived Friday! A whole month early! I've already watched the entire dvd and the show is just as good as I remembered it. I'll bug Bandai anyway...maybe they can include it later

Thanks again DrWho!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 15:15   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. As for the US release, it isn't included. I preordered it through deepdiscountdvd and it arrived Friday! A whole month early! I've already watched the entire dvd and the show is just as good as I remembered it. I'll bug Bandai anyway...maybe they can include it later

Thanks again DrWho!
The show was pretty interesting, though I could've sworn the railroad animation in the beginning was supposed to be smooth and not jerkingly. The windmill looked really nice (did they redo that frame for the DVD release compared to the TV airing?) And a question for people who know Japanese, what does 'honemade uzumaru bed no ue' really mean? I believe the official translation was something along the lines of sleeping on a soft bed, but I'm not sure how they get soft from 'honemade uzumaru'
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 23:20   Link #5
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Why are you asking this in the music forum???