AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 19:53   Link #161
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi View Post
Might be a stupid question but here I go!

*ahem*

So I was just wondering if anyone is planning to put up a walkthrough of the game with all of the text translated online. It would be a good project for someone to pick up....well if they had the time.

And....is there any plans for a States release?
I don't know where, but somewhere on the forums I remember a post saying they emailed Atlus seeing if they would do the game....anything happen after that?

Arigato!
I highly doubt it will ever be availble in English. Just buy Kakera Aosobi, and a swap magic and play it with that. It's mostly voiced so it's not that hard to understand. If you can understand an anime RAW then you'll probably be fine.
Old 2008-04-10, 20:55   Link #162
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
I highly doubt it will ever be availble in English. Just buy Kakera Aosobi, and a swap magic and play it with that. It's mostly voiced so it's not that hard to understand. If you can understand an anime RAW then you'll probably be fine.
You can't understand what they are thinking unless you can read japanese.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2008-06-01 at 16:46.
Old 2008-04-10, 22:13   Link #163
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You can't not understand wath they are thinking unless you can read japanese.
Then people need to stop being lazy, waiting for some one else to translate, and pick up a Kanji dictionary, and start studying. I happen to own Kakera Aosobi, and I wouldn't consider myself to great at reading japanese, but I seem to be understanding it just fine.
Old 2008-04-10, 22:34   Link #164
Roll

Well, I don't know almost anythng of japanese, and even with that, I understood some of the arcs in Higurashi Matsuri... excepting Miotsukushi-hen... I still don't know how

Spoiler for Thing that Roll does not understands:

At least someone who has played that arc and understood it, explain, please! Just that little part
Old 2008-04-10, 23:26   Link #165
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Well, I don't know almost anythng of japanese, and even with that, I understood some of the arcs in Higurashi Matsuri... excepting Miotsukushi-hen... I still don't know how

Spoiler for Thing that Roll does not understands:

At least someone who has played that arc and understood it, explain, please! Just that little part
I think you're misunderstanding, takano did'nt kill hanyuu

Here, as stated by klashikari:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Huh...? As far as I could check that scene, it isn't like this

Spoiler for End of Miotsukushi-hen:

That's completely different, until I misunderstood the scene completely.

So thats the reason she was killed
Old 2008-04-11, 11:57   Link #166
Roll

Anyway, she wasn't supposed to be in that world... I guess I have to play that arc again to see if I can understand better...
Old 2008-04-11, 12:45   Link #167
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Mmmmm, Its not that she wasnt supposed to be in that world, but she couldnt been seen by anyone maybe because she had used a lot of her power (Its something I still dont undestand), so in the end she appears and protects takano, maybe someone who had played matsuri and undestood this could help a little more,
Old 2008-04-11, 17:20   Link #168
Rias

I am not sure if they changed it in Kakera Asobi, Hanyuu's stance in the Miotsukushi-hen is different than all her stance from before. In Miotsukushi-hen, the main characters are faced with all sorts of trials (instead of the happy disapprance of Rule X of Matsuribayashi-hen). Hanyuu is there to guide the group as they tackle on the 3 dead ends of fate, instead of joining in with the group. She disappers from Rika becuase she also wanted to teach Rika that hapiness is something that she has to obtain herself, and to develop the confident that Rika can have to live on by herself.
Old 2008-04-11, 20:05   Link #169
Roll

Ah! I see! That makes sense, now! Thanks!
Old 2008-04-11, 21:08   Link #170
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

Quote:
Then people need to stop being lazy, waiting for some one else to translate, and pick up a Kanji dictionary, and start studying. I happen to own Kakera Aosobi, and I wouldn't consider myself to great at reading japanese, but I seem to be understanding it just fine.
RIGHT ON! *gives thumbs up*

Do you know any good books and sites that may help me read and understand (at least basic) Japanese that you would recommend?

And what version swap magic should I buy to play this game? I REALLY don't feel like buying a Japanese PS2....>_>

EDIT: Oh what type of Japanese writing do they use in the game btw. Thankies. :3
Old 2008-04-12, 01:34   Link #171
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I am not sure if they changed it in Kakera Asobi, Hanyuu's stance in the Miotsukushi-hen is different than all her stance from before. In Miotsukushi-hen, the main characters are faced with all sorts of trials (instead of the happy disapprance of Rule X of Matsuribayashi-hen). Hanyuu is there to guide the group as they tackle on the 3 dead ends of fate, instead of joining in with the group. She disappers from Rika becuase she also wanted to teach Rika that hapiness is something that she has to obtain herself, and to develop the confident that Rika can have to live on by herself.
It's pretty much the same in Kakera Asobi, from what I've seen.
Old 2008-04-12, 06:29   Link #172
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I played the 2 version of the ps2 game and I did not see any difference in the story.
Old 2008-04-12, 09:46   Link #173
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
RIGHT ON! *gives thumbs up*

Do you know any good books and sites that may help me read and understand (at least basic) Japanese that you would recommend?

And what version swap magic should I buy to play this game? I REALLY don't feel like buying a Japanese PS2....>_>

EDIT: Oh what type of Japanese writing do they use in the game btw. Thankies. :3
Kana + Kanji are used in the game. If you haven't memorized your Hiragana & Katakana yet then I recomend you get those taken care of first. The book "Kana de Manga" is a good way, Iv'e seen people have sucsess. Also, you can get flash cards of Hiragana & Katakana at alot of bookstores. As for Kanji............ That's a much longer and much more difficlut process XD..... I'm pretty sucky with Kanji myself, I probably only know about 100 off hand, out of the 2,000 or so used in japanese, so I'm not really the best person to ask XD, but there is another line of books called "Kanji de Manga". There is also the Rosetta Stone computer program, which I own and I enjoy. Though, this is an instant imersion program, and it helps to already have some understanding. In anycase, you can always fake it like I do and depend on the voiceing XD! Also, I use Swap Magic V3.6 Plus 2-Disc with Magic Slide Tool .
Old 2008-04-12, 10:42   Link #174
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

^
Thanks so much! XD

Also if anyone else has any other recommendations please feel free to PM or post them to me.

Thankies! :3
Old 2008-04-12, 23:47   Link #175
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Question

Quote:
There is also the Rosetta Stone computer program, which I own and I enjoy. Though, this is an instant imersion program, and it helps to already have some understanding.
Sorry for bugging ya' but can you explain this program and if possible where to get it? XD
Old 2008-04-13, 01:03   Link #176
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Sorry for bugging ya' but can you explain this program and if possible where to get it? XD
Here is a link to purchase it on Amazon. As you can see it's rather expensive, and I'm very grateful to a very generous relative of mine that got it for me. It is a very good program though and has very fast results. You have to be sharp though, since there is no english. Basically, they show you pictures of stuff and say what it is in japanese, and what the Kanji or Kana is. There is an option to display what they are saying in Romanji, but let's face it, Romanji is pretty useless.

For example, they show you a picture of a cat next to a car and say:

ねことくらま!

Then it's up to you to figure out that (ねこ)Neko means cat and (くるま) Kuruma means car. There is no english or Funringana on the Kanji. You either pick Kana or Kanji.

(The exceptions being like, the exit button says "Exit" in english and stuff like that.)
Old 2008-04-13, 16:12   Link #177
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

^
Wowzers! You really weren't kidding when you said it expensive! XDD

This weekend I just bought 100 dollars worth of books to teach ya' Japanese...hope it will be worth it! XD
Old 2008-04-16, 10:59   Link #178
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
ah, no wonder it is said that that is the true ending, with hanyuu acting more in context and them having to face all 3 dilemmas instead of wonderful miracles.
Old 2008-04-18, 16:34   Link #179
oompa loompa

could someone explain what happens in miotsukushi-hen ending exactly? i couldnt make much out of the higurashi wiki.. and at the moment theres no way i can get my hands on the games myself, let alone understand them.
Old 2008-04-18, 20:52   Link #180
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
could someone explain what happens in miotsukushi-hen ending exactly? i couldnt make much out of the higurashi wiki.. and at the moment theres no way i can get my hands on the games myself, let alone understand them.
But why ruin the surprise? After all, odds are it will be the conclusion arc to season 3.