AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Old 2008-04-10, 21:26   Link #1
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
SHS-FoSu Allison and Lillia 01

MP4 version: http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Fo...5D.mp4.torrent

MKV version: http://bt.shinsen-subs.org/%5BSHS-Fo...a_-_01.torrent

The MKV version utilizes ordered chapters (separate files for OP/ED/episode), hence the reason it's in a folder.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:03   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You've managed to find an entirely new reason to release multiple versions. Oh lord I hate that everyone loves to release upteem different versions of a show these days. I miss the days when each group only released each episode once.

With that said, at least there is a good reason that you're releasing multiple versions. That is a difference I can understand, not just that some people can't figure out how to play h264 or haven't updated their PC in the last 10 years.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 23:08   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well, I'm not confident in my PC's ability to play mp4 files, so I'm glad this release was also in mkv. Don't worry though, I can play h264!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 23:13   Link #4
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Playing mp4s does not require more processing power than an mkv.

Though I find the segment linked OP and ED to be a rather fascinating bit of encoding technology. As long as the OP and ED are in the same directory as the video, you will see them when you play the episode. This means you only have to download them once even though it pretends that they are part of the same video.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:32   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Playing mp4s does not require more processing power than an mkv.

Though I find the segment linked OP and ED to be a rather fascinating bit of encoding technology. As long as the OP and ED are in the same directory as the video, you will see them when you play the episode. This means you only have to download them once even though it pretends that they are part of the same video.
Are you sure? For some reason it does for me. For the same content, that file in mp4 just lags and uses 100% of my CPU (according to task manager) while the same file in mkv doesn't and uses about 20%. Or maybe my PC which I just bought last year is crappy enough to make the difference noticeable.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:50   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I rather doubt that mp4 is the culprit. I suspect you've got a codec problem.

Old 2008-04-11, 06:19   Link #7
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
You've managed to find an entirely new reason to release multiple versions. Oh lord I hate that everyone loves to release upteem different versions of a show these days. I miss the days when each group only released each episode once.
Yes, well...

In any case, the MKV version has an episode buried in there as well, not just the OP/ED as is currently noted on the front page. Also note that future releases will simply be the episode, so such a note won't be needed (unless the OP/ED changes).

We're not intentionally making things complicated, I swear...

edit: Nevermind, I see what you meant now. Could be interpreted either way, though. Or I'm stupid, which is also possible.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2008-04-11 at 06:48.
the.Merines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 11:37   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Yes, well...

In any case, the MKV version has an episode buried in there as well, not just the OP/ED as is currently noted on the front page. Also note that future releases will simply be the episode, so such a note won't be needed (unless the OP/ED changes).

We're not intentionally making things complicated, I swear...

edit: Nevermind, I see what you meant now. Could be interpreted either way, though. Or I'm stupid, which is also possible.
You know, I actually like this method very much. Props to you guys for doing it.
Old 2008-04-11, 12:31   Link #9
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Changed the order of a word to make the torrent description less vague. Thanks for pointing out the possible source of confusion. I didn't intend to put a note on future episodes, unless the OP/ED changes of course.

Old 2008-04-11, 13:07   Link #10
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Thanks for that.
Old 2008-04-12, 13:17   Link #11
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea not to not include each episode ending, mainly because the credits change every episode. I'm sure there are some people here who can read the credits, that would appreciate it being kept. (Then again, they should be going after the raws, but still...)

Ah well. Still, this is certainly an interesting way to do it. Just a little quirked about the ending credits, that's all.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote