AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 15:10   Link #181
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that girl isn't at Ashford anymore, though I have to wonder what effect that had on her.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:16   Link #182
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
The girl carving on the wall lasted for more than half a year, and we don't see it stopping yet. Yes. It can do long term.
Was a timetable ever given for the events of season 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, that girl isn't at Ashford anymore, though I have to wonder what effect that had on her.
someone probably just destroyed that wall during the battle. and so her order has ended. Or maybe it's still there, and she'll start marking the wall again anytime she returns within driving distance of Ashford Academy?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:19   Link #183
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Was a timetable ever given for the events of season 1?
No detailed timetable. (And the novel messed up bigtime on timetable so let's just forget it.)

FO said it's "about the same timespan IRL". So that'll be half a year for season 1.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:20   Link #184
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

How does Lelouch plan on getting order back from all the chaos he has caused?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-14, 15:23   Link #185
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
No detailed timetable. (And the novel messed up bigtime on timetable so let's just forget it.)

FO said it's "about the same timespan IRL". So that'll be half a year for season 1.
yeah, that's why a thought I had heard. Thanks for clearing that up. :3

Quote:
How does Lelouch plan on getting order back from all the chaos he has caused?
break the imprisoned ones out in 4, go to China and pick up the rest while doing some side work for Lee and Tenshi. Recruit new members and get Kyoto and China to produce new KMF forces along the way.
Old 2008-04-14, 15:25   Link #186
Voduar

Oye, trying to ask even simple questions gets such a well balanced response.

My point is thus:Carve-tan, who may very well still be at it, does indeed suffer from the long term effects. Mao and Euphie both die within an hour or so of recieving their unending Geass, so we do not actually know the persistent long term effects of the geass in their case. Euphie's incident is certainly suggestive, being that it can't be overcome, but she didn't even have time to sleep on it. Suzaku is our only long term survivor, and frankly the geass has not prevented him from taking serious risks, it only kicks in when he's clearly about to die, and even then I don't recall seeing anything when Lelouch nearly shoots him.

Anyways, all this just to say that Lelouch's unwillingness to give persistent orders may not be nearly as squeaky clean as it gets attributed. Whatever.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:29   Link #187
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
break the imprisoned ones out in 4, go to China and pick up the rest while doing some side work for Lee and Tenshi. Recruit new members and get Kyoto and China to produce new KMF forces along the way.
I meant in the long run plan, like after he beats Britannia.

Old 2008-04-14, 15:36   Link #188
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voduar View Post
Anyways, all this just to say that Lelouch's unwillingness to give persistent orders may not be nearly as squeaky clean as it gets attributed. Whatever.
oh, of course he doesn't do it because it's the "right" thing to do. He doesn't do it because it's simply what he wants to do.

C.C. often condescendingly calls it Lelouch's "unnecessary pride", though in the end it basically boils down to personal principles. (vs. something like widely held morals)

Quote:
I meant in the long run plan, like after he beats Britannia.
Can worry about that later, "destruction is needed before reconstruction". Though then again, he's got people like Kaguya and Toudou and Diethard and Larkshata with him, they're more than capable of rebuilding Japan. As for Britannia, I guess we'll see who he can get.
Old 2008-04-14, 16:35   Link #189
scifijimmy

Dann, after Lelouch defeats Britannia the show will be over.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:38   Link #190
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
I believe that's the point.... It would be better than watching a run on series like Pokemon or Naruto.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:42   Link #191
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
True, but I think we may get a small picture of how things are going in the end. Overall though, a key thing Taniguchi does often is to leave it where you don't know what the future holds. There is still hope overall though.

Old 2008-04-14, 16:43   Link #192
KrimzonStriker

And then fan fictions can fill in the blanks if you so desire
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:43   Link #193
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
I believe that's the point.... It would be better than watching a run on series like Pokemon or Naruto.
The show will be over, but not the CG story. Even after his victory against Britannia, he will fight the EU i suppose...
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:44   Link #194
KrimzonStriker

He could be dead by the end you know >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 16:45   Link #195
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Don't say that >_>
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:45   Link #196
scifijimmy

Yeah, defeating Britannia does bring it to an end, but consider Britannia's the one of the most powerful nations in the CG Universe it could be awhile before Britannia bites the bullet.
scifijimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:45   Link #197
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
And then fan fictions can fill in the blanks if you so desire
I hope to god we resolve the romance issue because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The show will be over, but not the CG story. Even after his victory against Britannia, he will fight the EU i suppose...
Doubtful. It was already said we would learn how he plans to deal with them later. This show isn't going to end with another battle coming.

Quote:
Well, maybe not dead. There is always the god theory though I somewhat doubt Lelouch would take such a position.

Old 2008-04-14, 16:57   Link #198
Marsala
Delurker

Assuming that Lelouch survives and Britannia is beaten, I would expect Lelouch to take an active role in the creation of whatever nation-state succeeds Britannia. (Alternatively, he could focus on governing the new United States of Japan, though Britannia would be in bigger need of reform.) He is far too gifted to retire to a boring life, even if he loses his Geass at the end of the story.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 16:59   Link #199
KrimzonStriker

Well, unless a mass evolution of human thinking occurs where peace on earth is possible for all eternity, I expect Lelouch will be able to keep himself busy putting out fires from time to time >_>
Old 2008-04-14, 17:00   Link #200
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Assuming that Lelouch survives and Britannia is beaten, I would expect Lelouch to take an active role in the creation of whatever nation-state succeeds Britannia. (Alternatively, he could focus on governing the new United States of Japan, though Britannia would be in bigger need of reform.) He is far too gifted to retire to a boring life, even if he loses his Geass at the end of the story.
Well Okouchi recenty had a thing appear on the official site that pretty much said that Lelouch is going to win and that it is likely he'll live. He said something about him dying, but it was sort of thrown in there.

I actually think Lelouch would like a peaceful life with Nunnally. He'd be active in some way, but I'm not sure he would lead it himself.