AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-12, 22:46   Link #101
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And he's not going to bring this up if she is related to him why exactly??
Ancestor =/= related in the usual sense. As such, he's not going to react to it like he'd react if she'd said Nunally. An ancestor to a royal family may not even be the same blood line. But in being something like that, it would explain his reaction. Also, I don't know if the situation would have welcome him prying.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:48   Link #102
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
But he has so many questions about her though, he wouldn't have reacted so badly in episode 25 right, from what I could tell he didn't know she couldn't age either or if that were the case the rundown by C.C wouldn't have been necessary right?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:48   Link #103
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I suppose the reason I dislike the idea is because it would pretty much destroy any and all chance LelouchXC.C. has at all. And unless it was someone famous or well known, I can't think of why Lelouch would have recognized it. I don't think he spends time researching his ancestors.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:50   Link #104
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
The whole thing he had on when he looked into C.C's past during episode 25 kind of left me to think he had no idea she could live for so long, so I rather question her being his ancestor now... >_>
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:51   Link #105
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
But he has so many questions about her though, he wouldn't have reacted so badly in episode 25 right, from what I could tell he didn't know she couldn't age either or if that were the case the rundown by C.C wouldn't have been necessary right?
Reacted badly? He reacted with shock to shocking images. I don't see why C.C. can't tell him somethings. Also, no matter what name she gave, he'd have questioned her age. Lest we want to say that the name is completely meaningless and random.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:51   Link #106
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I think if he knew something like that, his general reaction to her would have been quite different than it was.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:53   Link #107
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think if he knew something like that, his general reaction to her would have been quite different than it was.
How so? If anything his trust in her could be explained by her being an ancestor.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:54   Link #108
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Look, I'm just saying I don't see why she needed to explain that she'd been around for a while if he already knew that. And he didn't question her age when she gave him her name so I wonder what your point was with that, if anything it only furthers my argument that her name has nothing to do with that. I didn't say it was meaningless or random, just that it might not have anything to do with how old she is, thus her not being his ancestor, that's all >_>

Quote:
How so? If anything his trust in her could be explained by her being an ancestor.
He kind of questioned her a lot before actually saying he did trust her though...
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:00   Link #109
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Look, I'm just saying I don't see why she needed to explain that she'd been around for a while if he already knew that. And he didn't question her age when she gave him her name so I wonder what your point was with that, if anything it only furthers my argument that her name has nothing to do with that. I didn't say it was meaningless or random, just that it might not have anything to do with how old she is, thus her not being his ancestor, that's all >_>
My point was that, unless her name was completely irrelevant and just a name, then he'd have always come to the conclusion that she'd lived for a long time lest he simply never thought on it. For example, all the names brought up in this discussion are very old and important figures in history/legend. So that same question should arise with any name, not just an ancestors name.

At the same time, after the cave scene, C.C. could have said what she said to explain to him about her name and why it is what it is. Hence, filling in the blank that she doesn't age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
He kind of questioned her a lot before actually saying he did trust her though...
Wouldn't you, at first? I'd be skeptical to see where the loyalties lie, but once they are found, its a very easy person to trust because they are 'related' to you.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:03   Link #110
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Meh, it probably is true. It doesn't make sense to me, but it is probably true.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:08   Link #111
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
My point was that, unless her name was completely irrelevant and just a name, then he'd have always come to the conclusion that she'd lived for a long time lest he simply never thought on it. For example, all the names brought up in this discussion are very old and important figures in history/legend. So that same question should arise with any name, not just an ancestors name.

At the same time, after the cave scene, C.C. could have said what she said to explain to him about her name and why it is what it is. Hence, filling in the blank that she doesn't age.
But those are mythical names though, they could have all kinds of implications besides age, like a mother's weird tastes for example. Don't bring up Elizabeth, I've already gone to great lengths to disprove that. >_>

I don't know, nothing she said was really filling any blanks, they were things he should have already concluded if her name did have implications about her age. In any event, it all seems so up in the air, that I'm not going to call anything at this point and we'll just see I suppose.
Quote:
Wouldn't you, at first? I'd be skeptical to see where the loyalties lie, but once they are found, its a very easy person to trust because they are 'related' to you.
He does it after he learns her name though, during the Mao Arc, and after Nunnally got kidnapped. I'm wondering how much effect that name really had on his 'trust'.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:31   Link #112
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
But those are mythical names though, they could have all kinds of implications besides age, like a mother's weird tastes for example. Don't bring up Elizabeth, I've already gone to great lengths to disprove that. >_>
That argument falls through the floor when C.C. exhibits magical powers. A mythical name would raise as many flags about age as an ancestor's name.

You also haven't disproven anything, simply provided reason for why something may not be correct. Proof comes when there's actual facts brought up (aka when its actually said).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I don't know, nothing she said was really filling any blanks, they were things he should have already concluded if her name did have implications about her age. In any event, it all seems so up in the air, that I'm not going to call anything at this point and we'll just see I suppose.
It fills in the blank of why she has a name that surprised Lelouch, in other words it answers an unasked question for Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
He does it after he learns her name though, during the Mao Arc, and after Nunnally got kidnapped. I'm wondering how much effect that name really had on his 'trust'.
Yes. He discovers her name, and upon discovering where her loyalties lie, has a much easier time trusting an ancestor than just some random person with magical powers.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:37   Link #113
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That argument falls through the floor when C.C. exhibits magical powers. A mythical name would raise as many flags about age as an ancestor's name.

You also haven't disproven anything, simply provided reason for why something may not be correct. Proof comes when there's actual facts brought up (aka when its actually said).
Hmm, doesn't that help me though, since that would indicate it has more to do with her powers then her actual aging prowess. He could have just as easily taken it as symbolic.

Oh quit nit-picking already. My version of disprove then.

Quote:
It fills in the blank of why she has a name that surprised Lelouch, in other words it answers an unasked question for Lelouch.
The blank look on his face after he sees them could be taken as surprise I think. But that's just me and anyone else who thinks so I guess, so like I said, let's just wait and see.


Quote:
Yes. He discovers her name, and upon discovering where her loyalties lie, has a much easier time trusting an ancestor than just some random person with magical powers.
Okay, how does that correspond with all the questioning again? And it's not like she's a complete stranger to him by that time, she lives in his room.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:44   Link #114
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hmm, doesn't that help me though, since that would indicate it has more to do with her powers then her actual aging prowess. He could have just as easily taken it as symbolic.
Not really. The question of age would most definately come in and be something that would be in his mind, even if she exhibited powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Oh quit nit-picking already. My version of disprove then.
No such thing, the word to disprove has one definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Okay, how does that correspond with all the questioning again? And it's not like she's a complete stranger to him by that time, she lives in his room.
The name of an ancestor would raise many questions from Lelouch, especially ones to where the loyalty lies of said person. So while she may not be a stranger, a name of an ancestor may make him reserved as she may very well have priorities with the Empire than with Lelouch. Once that is cleared up, it is not unexpected for Lelouch to trust her more so than just anybody.

I'm just running this idea, I'm indifferent either way, but it is plausible.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:50   Link #115
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Not really. The question of age would most definately come in and be something that would be in his mind, even if she exhibited powers.
I don't know, there mythic figures for a reason you know, so the question of age may in turn be questioned if such a figure had even existed at one point.

Quote:
No such thing, the word to disprove has one definition.
Isn't everything supposed to be subject to ones interpretation? In my view I think I did a good job of disproving it, so there

Quote:
The name of an ancestor would raise many questions from Lelouch, especially ones to where the loyalty lies of said person. So while she may not be a stranger, a name of an ancestor may make him reserved as she may very well have priorities with the Empire than with Lelouch. Once that is cleared up, it is not unexpected for Lelouch to trust her more so than just anybody.

I'm just running this idea, I'm indifferent either way, but it is plausible.
Doesn't that run counter to your whole "Her being his ancestor makes her easier to trust for him" and if he has that kind of question concerning her loyalties why doesn't he pursue it more? I mean, a legitimate reason to betray him would be throwing up all sorts of flags instead of her simply being rather ambiguous and unknown...

Meh, I can see some merits for the whole concepts, but a lot of problems too. We'll just see how they spin it is all
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:17   Link #116
Kittie Rose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
>Jeremiah was a guard at the Aries Palace when Empress Marianne was assassinated, and considers the incident his first failure; afterwards, he transferred to Japan, the land that had apparently taken the lives of the Empress' two children Lelouch and Nunnally, in an attempt to redeem himself.
So much for no greek myth references in Geass.

Though the Morgan La Faye theory does sound quite probable too... I think people are presuming though that it has to be Britannia centric. There are a few clues that C.C. may not come from that time period originally at all.

Of course, both theories could be true...
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:47   Link #117
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Okay, there are some. We established a little while back that there were a few. In any case, I don't think any of the myths apply that much since we have both Norse references in regards to the Emperor's plan with that whole connection to Ragnarok thing and how that temple place is actually something called the Sword of Akasha which is Hindu.

Hmm, maybe any mythology in Code Geass is all rooted back to the Geass. Geass was the word Lelouch came up with and C.C. wasn't familiar with it so perhaps every culture in the world has a word for Geass. It would also explain why there are Geass ruins all over the world.

Perhaps C.C. fits the role of several different people in various mythology and perhaps even historical figures though I am still partial to her being a regular human at some point in her life.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:49   Link #118
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Why only her? From the looks of it at one point she had an entire race modeled much like her and a possible religion to boot, if V.V wasn't an indication as well
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:56   Link #119
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Yeah, but most of them looked quite similar to one another while C.C. looks rather unique. Same with V.V.. Maybe they are special.

Of course, there is always that whole thing about C.C. originally being an angel or something akin to that. Perhaps she is some fallen angel trying to get her wings back or trying to do something for whatever power she serves. Of course, than you have the whole thing about how she can't even remember if she was ever human.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 21:00   Link #120
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
What about the nun? Religious off-shot of their past maybe? Well, I suppose being special wouldn't be too bad

Okay, now we're getting into too many different genres for my tastes, delving into the Western Christian stories pretty much tells me we should stop with this train of thought since we've hit rock bottom in making any sense of this
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.