AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-03, 21:31   Link #461
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
The scenes with Taro, Makoto and his mum crying were very moving. So much emotion conveyed over without the need to over do it. Very touching *sniffle*
hmmm....does that mean Makoto mum has her memories back?

Since she got emotional after makoto called her "mother"?
Old 2008-04-03, 22:14   Link #462
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow View Post
I just mentioned because the director Ryūtarō Nakamura is the same as Kino no Tabi.
Kino is child's play compared to this title. Theory wise this is almost as bad as GitS2: Innocence.

I think that Makoto's mom got her memory back.
Old 2008-04-05, 09:56   Link #463
Puzzle_Pieces
Social Recluse

Damn just watched eps 1 through 19 this week and Ghost Hound has managed to impress me with it's unique storytelling and beautiful animation. The music goes well with the scenes and I like how everyone is somehow connected to each other and yet they all have different motives.

I started out liking Masayuki the most out of the three male leads, but recently I've been moving towards Makoto, who's getting a lot of focus now that we're near the end of the series.

I also think that Matoko's mother has her memories back. I really thought that she would say his name at the end of the ep but maybe she will in ep. 20. Nevertheless I loved the last scene in ep. 19 and seeing Makoto shedding a tear without looking mentally broken or with half of his face hidden was great. The lighting also really helped make the scene even more moving.
Puzzle_Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 09:59   Link #464
metronome
Mad Loli

haha, this is weird, nobody comments on the ending?:P
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 11:14   Link #465
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, you're welcome to do so as long as you keep it all in spoiler tags.

Those of us watching fansubs haven't seen past episode 19 yet.
Old 2008-04-05, 16:50   Link #466
orion

Spoiler tags would be too tempting. Don't comment on the ending at all please.

We're slowing catching up to you so be please be patient.
Old 2008-04-05, 22:08   Link #467
metronome
Mad Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler tags would be too tempting. Don't comment on the ending at all please.

We're slowing catching up to you so be please be patient.
haha, yea ok then guess I will be patient and discuss about it later lol
not only that, the torrent for the episode is pretty big too (500+ MB, wtf:P)
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 05:43   Link #468
Casshern

When I picked up this series I thought it was terribly boring. I only stuck with it because it was by Masamune Shirow. At around ep. 10 it slowly started picking up the pace and by 15 it was really good. But the last 2-3 episodes have been amazing! Glad I didn't give up on this series. Shirow never fails to impress!
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 13:13   Link #469
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

I've finally caught up! Marathoned the subbed episodes 16 to 19 tonight, and same as everyone else, I loved the sudden flush of plot twists and character developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
the music in this episode hit me hard. I've heard some genius's pieces from this show, though nothing compares to piece used for the last two scenes.
My favourite background music out of these episodes was played between 6:00 to 8:30 in Ep.16, when Makoto confronted his mother in Kumada for the first time. It practically rippled with tension, complementing the scene perfectly and enhancing the drama tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
The scenes with Taro, Makoto and his mum crying were very moving. So much emotion conveyed over without the need to over do it. Very touching *sniffle*
I agree completely! I am very happy to see Makoto finally reconciling with his mother. That scene was extremely well-handled. And like a few other posters have commented, I've enjoyed the way they developed Makoto's character over the past few episodes. It's so clear that he loves his mother deeply and was badly hurt by her abandonment. In at least a couple of times in Ep.19, he almost called her "Mother" before catching himself - his confusion over his inability to hate her anymore was almost palpable. Kudos to I.G. for creating such an incredibly real character.

As for Tarou, that stupid meanie. He made Miyako cry! Nonetheless, I hope he reconciles with Miyako soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
Did anyone else find it odd that children were being used as the "donors?" The premise seemed a bit far-fetched to me. Can childrens' organs be transplanted into adults and function effectively even though they're smaller and, perhaps, less developed? I'd imagine my liver is quite a bit larger than Miyuki's, for instance.
I thought the implication was that they kidnapped the children not just for their organs, but also for their genetic samples for bioroid research. I suppose the idea was that, with all the regulations preventing them from carrying out stem cell research in Japan, scientists decided to circumvent the legal obstacles by harvesting the necessary material directly from Japanese instead.

The big problem with my theory is that they would break even more laws this way, so how could that make their research any easier? Lol, I don't know. But the basic point is still served - whatever the scientists had been doing, it was vile and inhuman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
In one sense I'm glad the show has come somewhat down to earth, but like others I'm still trying to puzzle out the links between the supernatural and the scientific in this show. Perhaps in the end we'll discover that all of the ghosts and projections are just neurological phenomena without any supernatural explanations.
I think SuperKnuckles already hinted at the link:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Also, I guess all the problems in the city was caused by
Spoiler:
As the Lord of One Word had suggested, the problems in Suiten are caused by there being "too many gods" in the area. In Shintoism, every object, living or inanimate, has a "spirit", so to speak. But these spirits are all "natural", in sharp contrast to the artificial "gods" being created at Dai Nippon Labs - living organs that had no soul, and could hardly be considered alive.

Small wonder then that the spirits in the area are running away from these creepy new "gods". The living would do the same.

From what I can tell so far, it seems that there are two factions after this research. One faction seems fascinated that the artificial life is evolving primitive intelligence and wants to explore this further by stimulating them with language. Then, we have the "Construction Workers", apparently members of some doomsday cult (which Japan seems to have a number of). I suppose the final three episodes will reveal why this faction is pursuing the research.

My guess? Perhaps they are after Miyako to "judge" these new gods, ie, to use her as their saniwa to "confirm" the existence of these new entities, and hence acquire newfound spiritual power in the process.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 09:12   Link #470
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Eh...no one noticed that subs for Ep.20 are already available?

The pace picks up considerably as we hurtle towards the final resolution.

Spoiler for Episode 20:

Points (3) and (5) are tying together quite nicely with my theory of Ghost Hound's overarching theme. However, I'll stew on it a little bit further, to see how the remaining episodes turn out, before making my conclusions.
Old 2008-04-15, 16:11   Link #471
cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Eh...no one noticed that subs for Ep.20 are already available?

The pace picks up considerably as we hurtle towards the final resolution.

Spoiler for Episode 20:

Points (3) and (5) are tying together quite nicely with my theory of Ghost Hound's overarching theme. However, I'll stew on it a little bit further, to see how the remaining episodes turn out, before making my conclusions.
Or, for that matter, that 21 is out as well?
Prokaryotes do have unique DNA, just not bound up in nuclei. Some of it does get occasionally exchanged, though.

Spoiler for Ep 21-Plot Summary=massive spoilers:
cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:36   Link #472
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

^I definitely enjoyed the different preview, it gives an extra urgency to the next episode. Can't wait to see it.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 00:01   Link #473
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Welcome to the Scientology (sic), Japan-style!

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2008-04-16, 15:46   Link #474
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
Episode 21 - i guess it's not needed to spoiler tag this anymore:

So, what the hell was going on between Masayuki and Omori in her car? First she moved her lips but didn't say anything when he told they "used to be a happy family". I'm guessing she would say something like "i'm sorry", but couldn't?
And then....her reaction at the end was completely unexpected.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:49   Link #475
Tworble

I thought she was going to seriously break the law right then.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 18:20   Link #476
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Masayuki is obviously suffering some form of late Oedipus' complex (similarities between the actions of father and male child are a recurrent theme in Japanese stories). I can't explain his reactions otherwise, but I suppose it has to do with some sort of anger towards his father, due to his neglect of Masayuki's mother, and the gut feeling of "replacing" him (which is often what happens in a basic Oedipus' complex).

I'm not too fond of Freud, but that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 18:33   Link #477
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Episode 21 - i guess it's not needed to spoiler tag this anymore:

So, what the hell was going on between Masayuki and Omori in her car? First she moved her lips but didn't say anything when he told they "used to be a happy family". I'm guessing she would say something like "i'm sorry", but couldn't?
And then....her reaction at the end was completely unexpected.
she is a shoutacon.

why be surprised?

plenty of lolicons here.

Old 2008-04-16, 18:41   Link #478
orion

Omuri really wanted the son but got stuck with the dog err...I mean father instead.
Old 2008-04-16, 18:42   Link #479
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yes, that scene make me get a WTF face, hehehe so, we will watch Tarou as a girl next time eh
Old 2008-04-18, 10:42   Link #480
Dop
We can't stop here...

I've been ruined by watching too much Minami-ke - it was obvious what was likely to happen to Tarou once the subject of 'girls and young women' came up...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mystery, production i.g.