AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-04, 02:52   Link #61
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
and how long did it take you to recycle through the manga or google
TenTen to get that summary?

in my opinion... it's highly doubtful that you remember that much detail...
sorry.. but you gotta admit... it's very dubious...

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, your opinion, whatever.
funny how people can blow off other people's opinions so with such a condescending
attitude when their own opinion holds no validity either...

oh and me?

i never disregarded anyone's opinion... i stated my own...
people aske dme why i said it they didnt like it... i didnt try to
enforce upon anyone my opinion
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 03:37   Link #62
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
I never said to conform to my opinion... i just stated it... i was asked for reasons
why i thought what i did... i gave them... now you're telling me to back off of the
thread and shut up because i won't conform with the "rest" of this thread's
posters who like the manga and anime becuase of it's story?
Did I say that? I gave a suggestion for you to simply ignore the thread because it is irritating you. It riles you up and you become unhappy and in turn your forceful challenging replies (yes please read your previous replies, they are terribly forceful in tone) are riling up the others. This makes both you and the others unhappy. Why do something if its making you unhappy and in turn trying to force others to get as riled up as you?

I did not tell you to conform. You are welcome to hate Tenjou Tenge all you want. You can state your hate for it. But there was no need to keep replying to each and everyone's post with "I hate Tenjou Tenge" or such. You could have said it all in one post and left it for all to view neh?

Regarding whether there is a story or not from my brain...

Spoiler for Tenjou Tenge's Manga Story:


Yeah pardon my bad recollection (since I may have left something out or recollected it wrongly)... but I think pretty much there is a story there (and no I did not read Shinova's post while posting this nor Google nor what, just a Japanese-English dictionary to translate what I remember of their Kanji names).

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
and how long did it take you to recycle through the manga or google
TenTen to get that summary?

in my opinion... it's highly doubtful that you remember that much detail...
sorry.. but you gotta admit... it's very dubious...
Just because Shinova is able to prove you wrong, you immediatedly cast dispersion on his/her post. wow you are always right eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
well back atcha... it's well within my right to come in here and state my opinion...
if you dont like it.. dont read it, dont reply to it... because i'll state my opinion
regardless...
In that case, it seems you are not one to come seeking discussion but as originally stated you wanted people to approve your opinions. Sorry, most of the people here don't care to or found any reason to do so but you can continue to post your ire as you said.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 03:58   Link #63
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Just because Shinova is able to prove you wrong, you immediatedly cast dispersion on his/her post. wow you are always right eh?.
umm... shinova didnt prove me wrong... i wasnt the one who asked if you could tell me
what was going on in the story... im the one who asked for what else besides
the action and fanservice is there to this story... what shinova gave was a summary
not an explanation or a reason... and even if they were given to me... that doesnt prove me
wrong... it just provides me with your reasoning


Quote:
In that case, it seems you are not one to come seeking discussion but as originally stated you wanted people to approve your opinions. Sorry, most of the people here don't care to or found any reason to do so but you can continue to post your ire as you said.
that was a simple retaliation to you telling me to ignore this thread... for the third time
all i did was state my opinion on the anime/manga... i was asked why i though that way
and i answered...

did you expect the entire thread to just be all positive about the anime? whether i came
here to get my opinions approved of or not, i can say exactly the same thing at you
again, you don't want people like me to come in here and state an opinion different than
your own... if there weren't any dissenting views on the anime then it would make this a
very biased thread in favor of it... when it's been agreed that it will not appeal to everyone
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 08:21   Link #64
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Long Island NY
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Yeah, yeah, your opinion, whatever.
You know, i'm glad you just said that. Because that means you don't care about other people's opinion so you want this thread to be all biased with morons who kiss you ass and accept everything you say about the show.



Spoiler:


Quote:
Anyway Crimson, if you're going to bet that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, make sure that person really doesn't know before mouthing off like that, hmm?

I noticed how long it took you to actually answer my question which means you most likely went back into the manga to come up with this summary. I know and you know you didn't remember all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Simple. It's interesting. That's what's great about it. If the story is boring, then its bad. Simple as that.

To be more specific I like the whole complexity of the story. The relationships between the characters, the conspiracies, the hidden pasts. Of course, there's also the excellent art of the manga.
Yes the story is boring thats why its bad. simple as that.


complexity of the story = Terrible story

relationships between the characters = sex, sex, and more sex

exellent art = the only good thing in the manga

Quote:
I can tell you where to post or what to do however I want. If you don't like what I say then that just sucks for you.
You can tell me what to do or where to post however you want, but i don't give a rats ass because you can't make to do any of them.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.

Last edited by Crimson; 2004-04-04 at 08:43.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 10:24   Link #65
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
.....angst overload.....
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 13:27   Link #66
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Yes the story is boring thats why its bad. simple as that.


complexity of the story = Terrible story

relationships between the characters = sex, sex, and more sex

exellent art = the only good thing in the manga
Well judging from your replies so far it's obvious that you have no idea what the manga is about, so we might as well stop arguing here. From the list you posted earlier it seems you only like simpler shounen manga stories like Naruto and HXH which are aimed at a younger audience. So maybe a story like Tenten's is just too mature for you to comprehend.

Quote:
You can tell me what to do or where to post however you want, but i don't give a rats ass because you can't make to do any of them.
You think I care? It's not like I expected you to listen to me anyway.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman

Last edited by brightman; 2004-04-04 at 13:38.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 16:39   Link #67
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Long Island NY
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well judging from your replies so far it's obvious that you have no idea what the manga is about, so we might as well stop arguing here. From the list you posted earlier it seems you only like simpler shounen manga stories like Naruto and HXH which are aimed at a younger audience. So maybe a story like Tenten's is just too mature for you to comprehend.



You think I care? It's not like I expected you to listen to me anyway.
I listed three fighting manga's to show you how much better they are compared to Ten Ten. Now you are using those three to say i'm only into manga's thats targeted at kids? Oh please, you have no idea how much other manga's i've read so don't even bother to assume. I'm not even going to bother arguing with you about what i read.

Ten Ten story is not too mature for me, the story is just to weak and its not well written.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 20:26   Link #68
jennwenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: good 'ole US of A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Before I post, I would like to send a shout-out to my Animeboards alumn jennwenn. I am under the screename ACE2001. Probably don't give a rats crap huh! ^_^
Wow, good memory! Yeah Animeboards is dead. We all had to go somewhere hehe.

Well, I watched the opening and closing of the first episode. (I make it a rule to watch at least part of whatever show I bash hehehe.)

The opening wasn't bad but I really hate most Japanese rap, so I didn't like the song. It fits the series more than most J-pop songs would though. The animation in the opening was nice with the rundown of the characters (but they left out some major ones!), the manga panels, and the breakdance scene.

Why were the names in Western style and not Japanese? Hmm...

The closing credits were bland. But yeah, its funny how almost ALL the names are Korean. Was any of Tenten made in Japan?!

Hmm, didn't Geneon license Ikkitousen and now Tenten both? Looks like they're trying to steal the title of fanservice king from ADV hehe. They better release Ikkitousen first, or it'll look like crap in comparison. Or maybe they should release Tenten, get people addicted to fanservice'n'fightin, then feed them Ikkitousen because they're desperate for anything more before the withdrawal symptons kick in.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 21:36   Link #69
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South East Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Well, I watched the opening and closing of the first episode. (I make it a rule to watch at least part of whatever show I bash hehehe.)

Why were the names in Western style and not Japanese? Hmm...
Because Geneon USA is part of the production staff and plans to bring it over to the USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
The closing credits were bland. But yeah, its funny how almost ALL the names are Korean. Was any of Tenten made in Japan?!
The animation is done totally by Dr Movie, a Korean production company. All other stuff (sound/editing/acting) is done by the Japanese.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:14   Link #70
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Heh hopefully the anime will be as good as the manga. I strongly disagree with the opinion that this series is all about fanservice. One of the things I love about this series is the depth of characters. Shin with his struggle to find himself, Mitsuomi with his reliance on power and warped ideal of order, Maya with her conflict of love, hate and guilt toward Mitsuomi, Souichiro with his fight or die ideal, Aya, Masataka, and Bob each caught in their own conflict of loyalty, desire and a sense of inferiority. Heck, most of the 'villains' in this manga make you feel sympathetic toward them on some levels.
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 01:06   Link #71
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Just to let you guys know....Tenjo Tenge episode 1 has been subbed....That is all.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 01:18   Link #72
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
The animation is done totally by Dr Movie, a Korean production company. All other stuff (sound/editing/acting) is done by the Japanese.
Dr. Movie...

it sound SO KOREAN! I dunno why hehehehe

Just so...Korean...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 02:17   Link #73
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 94
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Tenjo Tenge is about fanservice? That's wierd, I never thought about it that way. I mean I hate that type of fanservice in anime, that's why I didn't like Ikkitousen, it was all about fanservice in almost every other frame. Tenjo Tenge seems like to have it on the side, like "Here's the major points... Oh! And heres some fanservice for ya." and that's why I like it.

And I like its simple story, if every anime was as deep as Evangelion or Perfect Blue, even Naruto, I'd stop watching anime all together. Nothing wrong with variety, and nothing wrong with a good ole' fashion bullrun story, like Tenjo Tenge.

The way I found the manga/anime was through a friend of mine, he's like "Man you gotta check this shit out, the way d00d draws is too bomb." And I was hooked, I love the way he draws, I love the fighting scenes, and I love the character designs, so that's why I keep watching/reading it.

Btw, its about damn time there was an actual black guy as one of the main characters, and not some dark colored asian, with a bad afro.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 02:45   Link #74
Lost World
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Btw, its about damn time there was an actual black guy as one of the main characters, and not some dark colored asian, with a bad afro.
Hell Yeah.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 13:43   Link #75
masteranime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Tenjou Tenge

I just saw the first episode and I really like it ^_^ since I am really addicted to the manga and they did't change a lot of thing in the Anime I just hope it's not gonna be like Ikkitousen. I really like the opening, it's quite orginal. What do you guys think?
masteranime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 13:55   Link #76
SwiftStar
Daydreamer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn
I havent seen it yet but I have heard tons about it and I am excited about seeing it. Isnt it licensed though?
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 13:55   Link #77
Mr.Minou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Age: 29
well it's licensed...
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 14:03   Link #78
masteranime
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
oh I did't know that which company licend it?
masteranime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 14:42   Link #79
Mr.Minou
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France
Age: 29
geneon USA. But I think that since both threads were merged together, we're a bit off topic now ^^;
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 15:08   Link #80
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
tell that to the people in this thread who are trying to sell the story as something deep
and profound... that has good character development and actual plot
Not to further fan the flames, but I think you somewhat misunderstood me here. My apologies--I should've been clearer from the start. I should've underlined 'coherent' and 'clear' rather than the word, 'demand'.

What I meant was that the story of TT doesn't have a clear and coherent storyline that's structured in the conventional way. The plot is practically comprised of interconnecting layers of sidestories that make up what TT is all about. That's why I said, "it just is." In fact, some readers were confused with regard to who the main character really is. Some characters are arguably at least as prominent as the protagonist. It may not also go anywhere really significant in the end. For all we know, it could probably just end in having won the last battle and that's it, but no way is the plot totally worthless.

I guess you can compare this to, let's say the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon--wherein you have interrelated stories placed along with another to form the basic plot. In this movie, you have a love story, a story of revenge, some drama, martial art philosophy and action--all the while the movie seeks to attain an adventurous vibe by having a broad range in setting. (the city, mountains, desert, etc.) Can you then tell me where the climax of the story is? From where does it really begin and where does it really end in relation to the main conflict? More importantly, can you trace the rising action and the falling action of the plot? And what is the main conflict of the movie anyway?

I think it's almost the same for Tenjo Tenge. I'm not saying both are absolutely comparable to one another. TT isn't even remotely as 'deep' as this movie. It's from a manga and I'm also aware that this is being made purely for entertainment--fanservice and all. (In fact, it's on a 'lower level' compared to a movie which has won a few awards.) But I feel the stories of both share a certain manner of showing the way things are. There is a story, and it does have a plot that actually goes somewhere. The story and character development may be messy and badly written for some, but saying that there's no sense in the story at all is just too much. They're there, but not everybody will like the way they're presented. With regard to stereotypes on the other hand...hmmm. I don't think there are that many so far.

On another note, I think I'm also stretching the comparison a bit too far. Heh, I don't think I'm making much sense anymore. This is just my opinion on this matter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by masteranime
I really like the opening, it's quite orginal. What do you guys think?
I liked it too. Especially the part where Bob dances and where Nagi rushes to the group of thugs who were portrayed like bowling pins. Oh, and the very first part as well. It's like trying to be self-referential by showing, that this is an anime adaptation of the manga.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.