AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 40 37.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 18.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-26, 18:06   Link #61
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
Well, that's what I thought at first.

Seems to be the most obvious reason, and well, like a crab. Hard shell, soft insides.
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-04-26, 19:54   Link #62
germanturkey
Smiling Monster
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
9/10. i laughed my butt off when the klan tried to punch michel.. the fight scene was excellent too. so now he has an uber rifle?
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2008-04-26, 20:28   Link #63
ApostleOfGod
^.^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Good episode.

More Sheryl next episode ~

When's Alto going to save the world and make his name known...
__________________
There are two ways to live life.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline  
Old 2008-04-26, 22:15   Link #64
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Nice episode I like it - one that really crack me up was I thought that she's going to become a hottie after micloned but it turn out she become a loli hahahaha - hmm I guess it's still to soon to figure out which girl Alto will end with though I personally choose Sherly (kind of remember of Misa from original macross) can't wait to see her in next episode
Ardi220288 is offline  
Old 2008-04-26, 22:40   Link #65
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Somewhere near Seattle
Age: 44
Does this make Klein Klan the first known...Meltloli?
__________________
---

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline  
Old 2008-04-26, 22:57   Link #66
rpgman1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Age: 34
Great episode overall. Reminds me very much like the original Macross. It feels lighter than other Macross series, but I enjoy the series so far. Character development seems well developed, but still some room for further development. Animation does look slightly weird like Luca in the restaurant and the ladies dressing room.
rpgman1 is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 00:03   Link #67
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
i lol'd when alto got his ass kicked XD
awesome ep even when i dont really care for the loli
RamzaOwns is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 00:27   Link #68
yadango
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
voted 9, best of the series so far... gotta leave room for better episodes so...
ha ha ha scene where luca scoots away from the table was hilarious
yadango is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 04:01   Link #69
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Cute ep, but the animation was frankly borderline atrocious. Some of the girls having bead eyes is a total turn off and the framerate of some scenes were an eyesore. That said, it all was cute and fun so no harm.

Also, it's basically confirmed that the female Kabuki in the OP is Alto and maybe his dad saw a good female Kabuki actress in Alto. And hey, he seems to fit the role just fine.


As for Klein Klan, anyone else instinctively thought of Aisha ClanClan who basically had the same overall style, the same ears, the same hot temperament, the same vein-ness? Never expected an Outlaw Star chara in my Macross.

As for SMS, I suppose they can explain why they have a very capable military force in that the morale in the actual military force isn't very high (which sorta doesn't make sense by itself...) but I guess that'll do for now. I sort of don't buy that a capitalistic one-up-manship of private military contractors is even POSSIBLE for a small colony ship (even with millions on board). That seems too small a scale for major military projects to prop up, but then again, the original Macross had inexplicable capabilities even in a relatively tiny 1km ship.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-04-27 at 04:15.
SuperKnuckles is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 04:36   Link #70
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Also, it's basically confirmed that the female Kabuki in the OP is Alto and maybe his dad saw a good female Kabuki actress in Alto. And hey, he seems to fit the role just fine.
Alto's dad scares me to no ends. The scene where he glares at Alto then imagines him as female kabuki made me think he is a psycho. Why else would you think of your son as a beautiful female -___-
Quote:
As for SMS, I suppose they can explain why they have a very capable military force in that the morale in the actual military force isn't very high (which sorta doesn't make sense by itself...) but I guess that'll do for now. I sort of don't buy that a capitalistic one-up-manship of private military contractors is even POSSIBLE for a small colony ship (even with millions on board). That seems too small a scale for major military projects to prop up, but then again, the original Macross had inexplicable capabilities even in a relatively tiny 1km ship.
The SMS kinda reminds me of mithril from full metal panic.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 05:13   Link #71
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
When Alto did the POSE I immediately recalled Gamlin explaining to Mylene that piloting a Valkyrie shows one's true personality.

Technically he's not gay just... effeminate.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 05:15   Link #72
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Yeah. I seriously doubt SMS is a truly private military contractor. It obviously is partly funded by the military directly on top of having military prototypes.

As for the dad, the whole 'treat the child like artwork' reminds me of that weirdo Kirameki in Shigofumi. But much, much more dour
SuperKnuckles is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 07:05   Link #73
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Kyuun! Kyuun!

Ahh, the nostalgia. Loved it. Considering she didn't win Miss Macross, I wonder where they'll showcase her singing talents.

And speaking of Miss Macross, Catherine also signed up for it? Such a shame they didn't spend more time with her, since I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle to be 10x more interesting than the main triangle.

And of course, for every blue varitech fighter pilot, we'd need a red meltrandi fighter pilot. Just a shame that she's the obligatory loli of this series...
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 09:19   Link #74
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As for the dad, the whole 'treat the child like artwork' reminds me of that weirdo Kirameki in Shigofumi. But much, much more dour
I dunno, I thought it was more like 'his dad's eyes penetrate deep into the natural onnagata inside Alto thing.'

Maybe Alto's talent for his family trade is one in 50 years? And he's pretty talented in a VF too.

Lucky hime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And speaking of Miss Macross, Catherine also signed up for it? Such a shame they didn't spend more time with her, since I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle to be 10x more interesting than the main triangle.
lol Catherine? Did you miss Catherine in the judge's seating or something when she eyed Leon seemingly 'discussing' with the other judges...

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in making sure Ranka never won it.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 09:22   Link #75
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
lol Catherine? Did you miss Catherine in the judge's seating or something when she eyed Leon seemingly 'discussing' with the other judges...

Wouldn't be surprised if he had a hand in making sure Ranka never won it.
Leon just likes big boobies.
__________________
He whose strength is flawless
Tsukiyomi is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 09:46   Link #76
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Babuyan Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
since I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle to be 10x more interesting than the main triangle
Well there isn't yet any clear evidence that chaty indeed has something for Ozma. For all we know maybe Ozma was her sempai whom she admired back when he was still a member of the military or something. But indeed; I'd be great if they'd be paired up w/ each other. Though Ozma has death flags waving all over his head. Though I don't agree on you on the "10x more interesting part". I like Sheryl and I want to see more of her than cathy.
NoOneKnowS is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 11:32   Link #77
CooKie D.
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And speaking of Miss Macross, Catherine also signed up for it? Such a shame they didn't spend more time with her, since I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle to be 10x more interesting than the main triangle.
I think she was a former contestant...

Just a little more and we've got a mecha-harem anime (even the bridge bunnies find Alto cute, not to mention the homo)
CooKie D. is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 12:45   Link #78
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Actually what I meant was that Cat signed up for it in the past, lol. Sorry for the confusion, but I thought it was pretty obvious she's part of the judges. What I was getting at was that Cat would be the last person I'd expect to join such a competition, being such a serious 'good girl' and all. I mean, seriously now, is Ms. Uptight the type you'd see in a Miss Universe pageant or something like that as part of her history?

And hey, the reason why I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle more interesting IS because we dunno what happened in the past with Ozma and Cat. It looks like they knew each other, and they don't get along terribly well, but Cat looked genuinely distressed anyway last episode when Ozma got hurt. While it might just very well be a dead end, but considering the history of this series, I wouldn't be surprised that they had something going on.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 16:46   Link #79
CooKie D.
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually what I meant was that Cat signed up for it in the past, lol. Sorry for the confusion, but I thought it was pretty obvious she's part of the judges. What I was getting at was that Cat would be the last person I'd expect to join such a competition, being such a serious 'good girl' and all. I mean, seriously now, is Ms. Uptight the type you'd see in a Miss Universe pageant or something like that as part of her history?
Very true

Quote:
And hey, the reason why I find the Ozma-Cat-Leon triangle more interesting IS because we dunno what happened in the past with Ozma and Cat. It looks like they knew each other, and they don't get along terribly well, but Cat looked genuinely distressed anyway last episode when Ozma got hurt. While it might just very well be a dead end, but considering the history of this series, I wouldn't be surprised that they had something going on.
When you put it that way, Ozma and Catherine seem to be like Hikaru and Misa then (they didn't get along at the start and we all know how the latter pair ended up )
CooKie D. is offline  
Old 2008-04-27, 17:25   Link #80
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leeds, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
urgh.

the spelling of pixie squadron zentradi captain is getting on my nerves now.

not zentradi enough.


should at leased be spelt "Quan Quan" or something....


oh, love the scene when they flew over the asteroid then the derelict zentradi ship comes into view, then boom, two streaks as the combatants zoom towards it.

oh god.

it was the best scene EVER.

I've never felt such feeling, it was liek a combination of a heart attack, an orgasm and muscle spasm.

i don't remember any other anime series that give us such a sight, besides the original, perhaps votom (original) and Captain Harlock

seriously, not enough asteroid with derelict ships in a space opera.

:/
__________________
Onizuka-GTO is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.