AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-01, 00:12   Link #201
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Not to insult you, but I personally don't think the order a character appears in the credits is any real substantial evidence of their importance to the story. And when considering screen time, I think it's important to take into account the importance of the appearance or the impact it has. I made the joke earlier about C.C. eating pizza...what does this amount to? Absolutely nothing, but C.C.'s a fan favorite so why not have her in an unbelievable adorable scene where she's got a big strip of cheese hanging out of her mouth.
well then, that's your personal opinion. In which case I have my own personal opinion about C.C.'s importance to the story. I'm just trying to bring something somewhat objective into the discussion, since generally, the first set of names in any cast listing are indeed the lead characters.

And you're downplaying C.C. in the first 25 episodes, where she does indeed have more screentime than Kallen. 1 and 4 and 7 and 11 and 12 and 14 and 15 and 16 and 20 and 22 and 23 and 24 and 25 all have her playing important roles in the plot. about half the other episodes have scenes with tidbits on her personality like the odd conversations with the World of C. It's hardly just eating pizza.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:46   Link #202
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well then, that's your personal opinion. In which case I have my own personal opinion about C.C.'s importance to the story. I'm just trying to bring something somewhat objective into the discussion, since generally, the first set of names in any cast listing are indeed the lead characters.

And you're downplaying C.C. in the first 25 episodes, where she does indeed have more screentime than Kallen. 1 and 4 and 7 and 11 and 12 and 14 and 15 and 16 and 20 and 22 and 23 and 24 and 25 all have her playing important roles in the plot. about half the other episodes have scenes with tidbits on her personality like the odd conversations with the World of C. It's hardly just eating pizza.
Well, as you said, our opinions differ and I can respect that.

As for what episodes C.C. appears and plays a key role, I'll have to differ to your list 'cause I've no desire nor the time to sift through everything. I only mention that screen time doesn't necessarily mean importance because all shows cater to their fans and if their fans want to see more of a specific character, then that's what they get, even if said character's appearances are shallow as a result.

Please, don't think that I'm saying you're wrong. If you would indulge me, reread my post where I compare C.C. to Agamemnon. I state in that post how C.C.'s importance, up to this point, is really up to perspective. Nobody's views on it are more right than another's, and that's what makes the character so fun to discuss.

Last edited by Esper 28; 2008-05-01 at 00:46. Reason: Missed a word...
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 04:09   Link #203
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I don't know the show he's talking about, but I think he was making a joke.
IR stands for Infinite Ryvius, which was another work by Taniguchi before Code Geass. Ashlay was simply pointing out how the situation could potentially be similar.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 12:10   Link #204
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
IR stands for Infinite Ryvius, which was another work by Taniguchi before Code Geass. Ashlay was simply pointing out how the situation could potentially be similar.
Ohh, really? Does that one involve giant robots? If it does, I should totally check it out.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 19:53   Link #205
WhiteWings
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Clara, California
Nah, the series do have giant robots but the series of more about sci-fi plus drama in a coming of age style series. Not as 'dark' as Code Geass can be sometimes.
__________________
"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anybody driving faster is a maniac?" George Carlin
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 19:57   Link #206
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@esper yeah my main problem with C.C. is the whole light a spark and watch it burn thing.

@ashley about thoose episodes
1: gives Lelouch geass, "dies"
4:appears at the end for 3 seconds.
7: got me there.
11-12:I'm still waiting for something to really come out of those scenes
Mao arc: point to you.
17-24: does anything really happen with her?(besides Marianne)
25:repeat of previous moments.

I'd make this post better but I'm paying attention to smallville more than this post.
__________________
d33:"the only ones allowed to bash should be those who are prepared to be bashed!"
Onizuka-GTO:yeah, great post WD, but also puzzled. if it's a race you see, okay then. but at the moment it's a one man race, with Suzuku doing timed laps against his personal best....
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 20:18   Link #207
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@ashley about thoose episodes
1: gives Lelouch geass, "dies"
4:appears at the end for 3 seconds.
7: got me there.
11-12:I'm still waiting for something to really come out of those scenes
Mao arc: point to you.
17-24: does anything really happen with her?(besides Marianne)
25:repeat of previous moments.

I'd make this post better but I'm paying attention to smallville more than this post.
is it that hard to read the second a in ashlay?

anyway, it's just as easy to write off Kallen's appearances so far if you felt like it, so I don't really feel any of that means anything within the context of a discussion over who's a lead and who isn't. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Not as 'dark' as Code Geass can be sometimes.
physical disfigurement of a teenage girl by a bunch of others strongly disagrees with your statement. >_>

Infinite Ryvius has some soul crushingly depressing moments. Geass can't even compare in that regard.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 16:44   Link #208
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Hmm, CC has always been a sort of mysterious character and it's hard to know what to think of her - though she for sure has her cute moments .

Since the show uses quite a few stuff from the Arthurian legends (among other things ) I've sometimes wondered if we shouldn't think of her and VV as Morgan Le Fay and Merlin...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 23:54   Link #209
~Greed~
He Who Defies Finality
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Since the show uses quite a few stuff from the Arthurian legends (among other things ) I've sometimes wondered if we shouldn't think of her and VV as Morgan Le Fay and Merlin...
Makes sense since they bolth kinda fit the bill.
~Greed~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 00:23   Link #210
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Yeah, I think you guys are definitely on track with that line of thinking. I wrote two rather long posts back on page 8 that have to deal with Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and C.C.'s uncanny similarities with the Green Knight. I would definitely recommend reading them over 'cause it certainly gives credibility to the "C.C. is Morgan le Faye" theory...at the very least, it provides some strong arguments in favor of her having some sort of connection.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=144
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=146

Those are the links to the individual posts, but I'd recommend reading the posts made around them 'cause they sparked some interesting discussion. I still stand strong in the theory that C.C. is in some way associated with Morgan le Faye in some way. There is just so much evidence pointing in that favor.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 00:51   Link #211
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
if any one has seen the raw of volume 3 of nightmare of nunnally, we get to see some of CC pasts but its only in a different world version/alternate version of the story from nunally pov. its pretty cool. it explains some of cc's past and history. but i seriously doubt we will be seeing the same thing in the anime cause its an alternate version.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:01   Link #212
Esper 28
Akira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Side 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
if any one has seen the raw of volume 3 of nightmare of nunnally, we get to see some of CC pasts but its only in a different world version/alternate version of the story from nunally pov. its pretty cool. it explains some of cc's past and history. but i seriously doubt we will be seeing the same thing in the anime cause its an alternate version.
Ohhh, really? Do you know if there are scans anywhere that could be posted in the thread or anything? I think they would be great to look over and see if we can infer any ideas about C.C. from the anime continuity.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:09   Link #213
mayumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
i hope this is ok to post it here - http://kitsune-no-ame.livejournal.com/68476.html
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 10:05   Link #214
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURTAILNARUTO
Makes sense since they bolth kinda fit the bill.
Yeah; VV may be like Merlin, a "Kingmaker" of sorts (could help explain why Brittania have been able to be around for as long as they have and why they've progressed so well) as well as an advisor or the like to the king. And then there's CC who may be much like Morgan le Fay, who as we knows is usually in opposion to king Arthur and his knights...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28
Yeah, I think you guys are definitely on track with that line of thinking. I wrote two rather long posts back on page 8 that have to deal with Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and C.C.'s uncanny similarities with the Green Knight. I would definitely recommend reading them over 'cause it certainly gives credibility to the "C.C. is Morgan le Faye" theory...at the very least, it provides some strong arguments in favor of her having some sort of connection.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=144
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=146

Those are the links to the individual posts, but I'd recommend reading the posts made around them 'cause they sparked some interesting discussion. I still stand strong in the theory that C.C. is in some way associated with Morgan le Faye in some way. There is just so much evidence pointing in that favor.
*reads your posts*
Hmm, interesting . There's for sure similarities (through how far the similarities go is hard to say exactly at this stage, I suppose). In any event, I wouldn't be surpised if it turns out that CC was just using Lelouch all along - or were both on his side and on the side of his enemies, as you writte...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 19:03   Link #215
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't be that surprising if Lelouch turned out to be nothing but a tool being used in some huge game by C.C., Marianne, Charles, and whoever else is involved.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:56   Link #216
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 28
I'm still hoping that C.C. is not somehow related to Lelouch.
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:59   Link #217
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
I hate the idea too, but it would be somewhat ironic.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 05:01   Link #218
Stretch5920
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Well it wouldn't be too far fetched. C.C, V.V and Marianne all talk to eachother on that World of C telepathy hotline, correct? Charles calls V.V niisan, Charles was married to Marianne. V.V, C.C and "M.M" could all be siblings (blood or not). Thus making V.V, Charles brother-in-law.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 05:41   Link #219
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Illinois, U.S.A.
Age: 24
It seems rather out there to some degree for some reason though if C.C. actually ended up being Lelouch's aunt it would provide an excellent way to completely take her out of the romance, if she's even a candidate anymore, though it would make a lot of the scenes with Lelouch be rather creepy if she were his aunt.
__________________
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:55   Link #220
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Well it wouldn't be too far fetched. C.C, V.V and Marianne all talk to eachother on that World of C telepathy hotline, correct? Charles calls V.V niisan, Charles was married to Marianne. V.V, C.C and "M.M" could all be siblings (blood or not). Thus making V.V, Charles brother-in-law.
that would be so wrong >_<. or could C.C be married to V.V and such? -.- whoa that would be.... extremely weird
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.