AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-18, 12:41   Link #1
7thMethuselah

Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai

No posts about this one yet so I'll start it off. After seeing the preview I am very much looking forward to this anime. It's Gainax producing it they say it's a science fiction romance bishoujo anime.

Hard to tell what it's about, some girl falling from the sky and splitting in two? I wonder what they mean by that, 2 girls? , split personality? , ... Anyway this is a thing I will try out for sure. Btw what that a werewolf hoding the girl in his arms while jumping towards the moon ?

Anyway what do u guys think?

Old 2004-03-18, 12:44   Link #2
Za Paper

I think it will be very much like Mahoromatic. Maybe some funny parts, some ecchi, I hope it turns out well.
Old 2004-03-18, 14:02   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
I think it will be very much like Mahoromatic.
Let's see...

The director directed the Mahoromatic TV special
The scriptwriting staff all worked on the Mahoromatic series
The series writer was the director of the Mahoromatic series
The character designer was the character designer of the Mahoromatic series

And to top it off, the female lead's voiced by Ayako Kawasumi who you might remember as Mahoro's seiyuu. And one of the male leads is voiced by Fujiko Takimoto who did Suguru.

So it sure sounds like that will be the case.
Old 2004-03-18, 14:16   Link #4
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I also saw the preview. I don't know what to say. So I'll just echo the last two person before me: Hmm...a sci-fi romance comedy. Where have I heard of this before? You know that scene in the preview (at 2:20 secs), where this person carries a girl flying in sky in front of the moon. Hmm...looks familiar, where have I seen that before...*cough*ending of Mahoromatic I*cough*. So it'll (maybe) be like Mahoromatic, is that good thing or a bad thing?

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Old 2004-03-18, 14:29   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
So it'll (maybe) be like Mahoromatic, is that good thing or a bad thing?
Since this time they don't have to depend on a manga for story material, I'm sure it'll be better (whether that's good enough though is up to the viewer I guess)... For example the ending of Season 2 of Mahoromatic was done like it was because they ran out of manga material... That won't happen again (I think)...

Plus it's the 20th anniversary work of GAINAX... If previous anniversary works are of any indication it should turn out well, I think.

Anyway, after researching some more here are all the shared seiyuu within the two anime that I know of:

Ayako Kawasumi plays Hikari (Konomini) and plays Mahoro (Mahoro)
Fujiko Takimoto plays Ryou Ninomiya (Konomini) and plays Suguru Misato (Mahoro)
Asami Sanada plays Mari Nishino (Konomini) and plays Chizuko Oe (Mahoro)
Yumi Takada plays Jennifer Potman (Konomini) and plays Saori Shikijo (Mahoro)
Yumi Kikuchi plays Amikaya Kuribayashi (Konomini) and plays Miyuki Sakura (Mahoro)
Manabi Mizuno plays Sakurako Urushima (Konomini) and plays Rin Todoroki (Mahoro)
Atsushi Kisaichi plays Shin'ichi Asakura (Konomini) and plays Kiyomi Kawahara (Mahoro)
Ai Shimizu plays Akari (Konomini--Hikari's sister?) and plays Minawa (Mahoro--Mahoro's "sister")
Hideki Ogihara plays Daijirou Matsumura (Konomini) and plays Toshiya Hamaguchi (Mahoro)

Heh, might as well call this Mahoromatic 3...

Last edited by brightman; 2004-03-18 at 15:05.
Old 2004-03-18, 17:53   Link #6
LinChoiSin

i used to almost worshipped gainax but after seeing mahoromatic 1 and 2 i was disappointed so i'd say that " Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai" really doesn't look good at all but i'll still have faith in Gainax and hope that it'will be a great show.
Old 2004-03-18, 17:53   Link #7
jennwenn

*sigh* I no longer count on GAINAX to make anything good anymore. If you don't like ecchi or bishoujo, then you'll think KonoMini is crap. I think it looks like crap. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 2004-03-18, 23:18   Link #8
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
*sigh* I no longer count on GAINAX to make anything good anymore.
I dunno, I thought Puchi Puri Yuushi was pretty enjoyable. ^^

I wonder if they'll be concentrating more on the sci-fi aspect more than the romantic comedy. I'd be interested to see what the story is like, at the least; I hope it's not going to be too much of a Mahoromatic clone.

I also hope that they won't fixate so much on the ecchi. It made for some funny moments in Mahoromatic (and the one most memorable line from the series), but sometimes it was just too much.
Old 2004-04-09, 16:17   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

I liked the first episode a lot Look much like a mixt of Naruto's Mytic story and fight, El Azard's design and an other anime I don't recall the name ^^ Anyway Looks like a pretty promissing anime to me.
Old 2004-04-09, 19:29   Link #10
walter clamans
I have a cunning plan

7thmethuselah ! there was aleady a thread under the english name ! you'll probably have noticed it yet, so I won't spoil any efforts...

Long live たかゆき すずき ! although Heusden-Zolder isn't my favourite team... (knowing that there's only one japanese player in our competition,a transcription is unnecessary)

Man, I'm to drunk to make sense...

Anime RULES !! Yattaa !

Now where did I leave my bed...

Edit by Mod (xris)
Closing this thread. Please use the other thread for further discussion.
This Ugly and Beautiful World [Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai]

Last edited by xris; 2004-04-10 at 03:47.
Closed Thread