AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 56 39.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 33.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 16.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.70%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-12, 13:40   Link #181
Inquisidor
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mexico, D. F.
Send a message via MSN to Inquisidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Or possibly blind him when his back is to the sun.
That would be worse for current real fighter planes that have 2-3 rearview mirrors on the canopy frame, around the same position where Alto hung the earring.
Inquisidor is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 13:48   Link #182
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I have to get Alto's back in this ep. He is NOT going out with Ranka, why would have explain "oh hey, I was on a forced date that ended up being enjoyable with Sheryl".

If anything he sees Ranka as a friend or a some one that needs to be protected. I get almost zero romantic vibes from him in regards to Ranka.
This.

He seems way more interested in Sheryl, from a romantic standpoint. They tease and have little jabs at each other but you can tell there's something there, by their actions and mannerisms. And the fact that after they're done teasing each other or talking or whatever, one of them gets this fond smile that tells you that neither one of them is really mad about any of it. It's pretty clear they've got chemistry.

Whereas with Ranka, he seems genuinely uninterested in her, in that way at least. When he's talking to her like a sister or a friend he's relaxed and kind, but as soon as the topic goes to more of a romantic nature he completely nips it in the bud. He all but tells her or anyone else "No, it's not happening" and even blows her off to a degree.
AlphaDragoon is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 13:56   Link #183
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
hmmm....makes you think..


maybe M-Galaxy also had a Animu Spiritia singer, like Ranka but was undiscovered, thus the VAJRA "homed" in on the fleet?


if do, then i think it won't be long until the M-Frontier will be facing it's own attack.
Q: What are the chances the new guy in the op is volunteer of Operation M given his own custom not yet mass produced Valkyrie.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:03   Link #184
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
hmm could be but he sees kinda emo in the opening. I would expect some male singer to be more like Basara.
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:21   Link #185
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 25
this was a great ep. i really enjoyed the last third of it. So basically Sheryl wins.. haha. Anyways, looks like next ep will be the first "full scale" battle we've seen this series.
germanturkey is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:32   Link #186
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
So basically Sheryl wins.. haha.
As much as I want to go yep! let's not get too ahead of ourselves.. still 19 episodes to go so plenty can happen. She's clearly in the drivers seat atm..
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:33   Link #187
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
This.

He seems way more interested in Sheryl, from a romantic standpoint. They tease and have little jabs at each other but you can tell there's something there, by their actions and mannerisms. And the fact that after they're done teasing each other or talking or whatever, one of them gets this fond smile that tells you that neither one of them is really mad about any of it. It's pretty clear they've got chemistry.

Whereas with Ranka, he seems genuinely uninterested in her, in that way at least. When he's talking to her like a sister or a friend he's relaxed and kind, but as soon as the topic goes to more of a romantic nature he completely nips it in the bud. He all but tells her or anyone else "No, it's not happening" and even blows her off to a degree.
He seems more interested in Ranka, to me. Though I dare say Sheryl's won a few points in the last episodes.

It's true he's more comfortable with Sheryl. But that's precisely because he doesn't see her in that way. He's much more emotional about Ranka. He's always getting angry on her behalf, and he went as far as lying to her because he felt guilty about going out with another woman, even though, really, he had nothing to feel guilty about.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:37   Link #188
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He seems more interested in Ranka, to me. Though I dare say Sheryl's won a few points in the last episodes.

It's true he's more comfortable with Sheryl. But that's precisely because he doesn't see her in that way. He's much more emotional about Ranka. He's always getting angry on her behalf, and he went as far as lying to her because he felt guilty about going out with another woman, even though, really, he had nothing to feel guilty about.
If he doesn't see Sheryl that way why has he blushed about 7-9 times over her? Also I didn't get any guilt at all from his lie to Ranka...
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:47   Link #189
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
So basically Sheryl wins.. haha.
This is Macross we're talking about, the same one that gave us the Minmei-Hayase twist. It's way too early to say. Actually, I'm slightly worried that Diamond Crevasse might be bit foretelling and that Alto might be buying the farm before the series is over, leaving Sheryl and Ranka to grieve.

On another note, Michael's interest in Ranka came out of nowhere. His actions in ep 5 are in direct contrast against what we saw in ep 6. I'm not quite convinced that Michael has any romantic interest in Ranka just yet.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:51   Link #190
Teletha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, if she pushes and ask why he was alone with Sheryl, he can ask why she was alone with Mikhail...
I don't think he cares she was there alone with Mikhail. He's not getting that Ranka likes him in that way, or at least doesn't seem to see her that way. He certainly doesn't see Mikhail as competition for a relationship he's not even thinking about. He wants to protect and help Ranka, but does he want a relationship with her? I'm not seeing that at all. He seems pretty ignorant to the whole thing. Even lying to her about going to mall, didn't seem like he was really going out of his way to lie or to hide because he felt guilty. I just don't think he thought it was anyone's business. Especially since Mikhal was teasing him about it before. I still get the little sister Mao/Shin vibe from Alto/Ranka.
Teletha is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 14:56   Link #191
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If he doesn't see Sheryl that way why has he blushed about 7-9 times over her? Also I didn't get any guilt at all from his lie to Ranka...
He blushes whenever Sheryl thrusts her feminity in his face (and who wouldn't?). He gets emotional and/or defensive whenever Ranka's so much as mentioned.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 15:20   Link #192
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Episode 6 isn't as fun as the last episode (which was one of my favorites of the last decade), but the character pieces continue to impress. I'm so impressed by Macross Frontier so far that I'm going to forgo the standard episode recap - instead, I'll put my thoughts in the other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
He seems way more interested in Sheryl, from a romantic standpoint. They tease and have little jabs at each other but you can tell there's something there, by their actions and mannerisms. And the fact that after they're done teasing each other or talking or whatever, one of them gets this fond smile that tells you that neither one of them is really mad about any of it. It's pretty clear they've got chemistry.
I don't think that Alto is interested in Sheryl romantically yet. There's definitely chemistry there, but that flows more from the fact that they can be comfortable with each other as any sort of romantic tension. I expect this to develop further, but I don't think that they're there yet. In a way, deep bonds like this are more impressive than romances, which are sort of dime-a-dozen in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon View Post
Whereas with Ranka, he seems genuinely uninterested in her, in that way at least. When he's talking to her like a sister or a friend he's relaxed and kind, but as soon as the topic goes to more of a romantic nature he completely nips it in the bud. He all but tells her or anyone else "No, it's not happening" and even blows her off to a degree.
It's less that Alto's uninterested in Ranka romantically, as he is uninterested in romance period. Alto's simply at a stage in his life where other things are more important: his dream of flying being predominant. Where he is completely unreceptive is that he doesn't notice that Ranka has changed quite a bit from the time that he first met her, and most of his mistakes regarding her stem from that. In a way, Ranka herself isn't really aware of what's going on - she's transitioning into an adult, but she still hasn't completely grown away from the trappings of childhood (which is why we still saw her wearing the hippo pajamas).
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 16:06   Link #193
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
^ I agree Alto isn't interested in romance. I'm getting rather tired of hearing how Sheryl's "winning" when the prize would rather fold paper airplanes all day than plan a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
A bet, I'll sadly say, you'll lose.
Doubt it. Alot of characters are participating, and she's a minor character who's already been introduced. Add in the fact she's a Meltran and Meltran are only good for making babies...

One volley of Queadluun-Rea missle spam fanservice, and that'll be the end of her role in the battle.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 16:23   Link #194
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
^ I agree Alto isn't interested in romance. I'm getting rather tired of hearing how Sheryl's "winning" when the prize would rather fold paper airplanes all day than plan a date.
Quite. Admittedly, it should be noted that Sheryl herself isn't particularly interested in romance herself. She's still getting used to the idea of treating Alto as a friend. If anything, worry over his safety and the safety of Macross Galaxy are her overriding concerns as of the end of episode 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Doubt it. Alot of characters are participating, and she's a minor character who's already been introduced. Add in the fact she's a Meltran and Meltran are only good for making babies...
Correction: Meltrandi are mostly good for kicking butt. There's a reason why some of us find it so nifty to see Queadluuns back in actions again.

Admittedly, there are going to be a lot of characters involved in the battle, so it's hard to say how much any one of them are going to participate. The only thing that's certain is that Kanaria (and her VB-6) are going to get some love next episode.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 17:54   Link #195
Errantkael
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I agree with some of the above posters, the realationship triangle is only just beginning. With Ranka's new career, Alto's piloting and Sheryls galaxy crisis romance might just be out of reach.

Although admittedly when Sheryl is singing her "farewell" song it does hint at alto. The well timed scene shift and song lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Anyone else notice that badass shot of a Goliath in next weeks preview? If you missed here it is god i love those walking tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Correction: Meltrandi are mostly good for kicking butt. There's a reason why some of us find it so nifty to see Queadluuns back in actions again.
Heh, should be good
__________________
Irony is bliss
Errantkael is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 18:39   Link #196
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
I just got done watching all six episodes in one sitting and I have to say I'm more then impressed I am in total awe about this series. Having been a fan of "Robotech"
then seeing the original version I must admit this brings back so many memories...

Oh and to respond to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey
So basically Sheryl wins.. haha.
Then you kids don't know Macross...As soon as you think things are going one way you're tossed a complete carve ball in the end. Not that I'm cheering for either of them all I'm saying is just wait and see before you jump the gun because you never truly know until it's all over...
__________________
Dark Wing is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 19:57   Link #197
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Man, i did not get this emotional since kanon.
kk2extreme is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 20:11   Link #198
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Admittedly, there are going to be a lot of characters involved in the battle, so it's hard to say how much any one of them are going to participate. The only thing that's certain is that Kanaria (and her VB-6) are going to get some love next episode.
Probably the carrier too. Got to get that "Fire!" in at some point. Without knowing just how much time is going to spent focusing on Frontier though, it's hard to say what kind of committment they'll make to fleshing out the battle. Any sequence that focuses on any one character will eat up at least a few minutes, and Alto being the main character he has to take up at least half an episode for himself even if it's alongside another.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 22:26   Link #199
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
This is Macross we're talking about, the same one that gave us the Minmei-Hayase twist.
I loved that twist. Sheryl and Minmay are similar at first glance, but Sheryl actually shares more similarity with Hayase as both of them are extremely strong women, just as Ranka and Minmay are similar. (I dont even mind if Hayase is 2 years older than Hikaru. )

Edit: Then again in Macross world, whoever comes first in the love triangle is always the loser in the end. >_<

Last edited by cheesie; 2008-05-12 at 23:11.
cheesie is offline  
Old 2008-05-12, 23:25   Link #200
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
I loved that twist. Sheryl and Minmay are similar at first glance, but Sheryl actually shares more similarity with Hayase as both of them are extremely strong women, just as Ranka and Minmay are similar. (I dont even mind if Hayase is 2 years older than Hikaru. )

Edit: Then again in Macross world, whoever comes first in the love triangle is always the loser in the end. >_<
Plot twist is what you least expected. If anyone expects the first comer be the loser, it may turn out to be the winner and it is so-called twist.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.