AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-15, 09:14   Link #61
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I'm in the "dislike Zero because he treats Yuuki badly" category. The more she throws herself at him the more I'm getting turned off to the story.
I totally agree with that. Its what I was thinking but wasnt able to articulate. Even in recent epis she seems really just annoying with it. Atleast in Zero's case he calmed down about it but still Yuuki was getting on my nerves.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-05-15, 11:24   Link #62
tenken627
what Yagi said
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
We know how Kaname feels about Yuuki, but what about Zero?

How does Zero exactly feel about Yuuki?

He feels close to her due to their always being together for 4 years, but could you call it love or romantic interest? Their relationship isn't exactly a brother/sister relationship. And now, he has guilt on top of everything he feels in regards to Yuuki.
tenken627 is offline  
Old 2008-05-15, 14:15   Link #63
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
We know how Kaname feels about Yuuki, but what about Zero?

How does Zero exactly feel about Yuuki?

He feels close to her due to their always being together for 4 years, but could you call it love or romantic interest? Their relationship isn't exactly a brother/sister relationship. And now, he has guilt on top of everything he feels in regards to Yuuki.
Zero's feeling for Yuuki are interesting, I dont see it as a love relationship or bro/sis, Im not exactly sure how youd classify it. 1) Zero doesn't always treat her the best but cuz of Yuuki's stubborness and loyality too him he's always seemed to be "saved" by her. 2) Zero has said on several occasions that Yuuki is really the only person he wants to kill him if he gets to Level E. He gave her the gun for this reason. I think their relationship is almost soley based on each being there for eachother in anytime even if Zero doesnt always want it that way. but for his own sake Yuuki doesnt appear to be going anywhere Im sure there is a word for what I just typed out but kami help me if I can think of it.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-05-15, 14:23   Link #64
zetsubousensei
zoku!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In my harem with all my beautiful bishounens XD
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Zero's feeling for Yuuki are interesting, I dont see it as a love relationship or bro/sis, Im not exactly sure how youd classify it. 1) Zero doesn't always treat her the best but cuz of Yuuki's stubborness and loyality too him he's always seemed to be "saved" by her. 2) Zero has said on several occasions that Yuuki is really the only person he wants to kill him if he gets to Level E. He gave her the gun for this reason. I think their relationship is almost soley based on each being there for eachother in anytime even if Zero doesnt always want it that way. but for his own sake Yuuki doesnt appear to be going anywhere Im sure there is a word for what I just typed out but kami help me if I can think of it.
Really good best friends? Lol. That's the only word I can think of. At the moment in the anime, I think they're juuuust teettering (how do you spell that word? ) between really, really good friends and lovers.

In regards to Zero's bad treatment of Yuuki, I personally think he doesn't want Yuuki to be in any harm. He cares for her so much that he thinks that by pushing her away, she won't know about his problems and he doesn't want her to worry. Well, sadly that's reallly backfiring on him, and it looks like he's treating her badly. I can't really explain it, but I understand his character because I know I do the same as well, I don't want to hurt other people around me and worry, but when they start to worry and care I get frustrated because I think they're just gunna end up hurting themselves and I retort back in a really b*tchy way or rude way and come off saying the completely opposite of what I feel. [Talk about a run-on sentence extreme there..yay!]
zetsubousensei is offline  
Old 2008-05-15, 15:19   Link #65
tenken627
what Yagi said
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
It's actually kinda interesting if you think about it.

I mean, we kind of know Yuuki's feelings for both Kaname and Zero. We know Kaname's feelings about Yuuki, especially if you've read the manga. We know Kaname's and Zero's feelings for each other pretty much right from the start.

But, it's really hard to tell Zero's feelings about Yuuki, which I think is the most complex and unknown part of the relationship triangle.

What is Yuuki to Zero?

Could it be that deep inside he affectionately cares for Yuuki, but rejects that idea, even to himself? And in doing so, treats her badly in an immature manner? Unlike Kaname, Zero is still a teenager.

Or does Zero hurt so badly inside that he wants to wall everyone out, and Yuuki is just someone who keeps trying to come inside his walls, so he lashes out harder at her than he does at other people?

Maybe Zero views Yuuki as the symbol of everything that is right (or wrong) with his life, but doesn't know how to react to that?

Could it be some combination of those or something else?

How much does the guilt of taking Yuuki's blood compound Zero's feelings towards her?
tenken627 is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 01:46   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 12:09   Link #67
tenken627
what Yagi said
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.
It's a little more complex than the other feelings because like you say, he may be an open book to you, but he's not open to himself. And that's if you are reading him right. Because we really don't know exactly. We can guess, but we still don't know.
tenken627 is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 13:39   Link #68
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
We're making it complex cuz Zero is complex He likes her yes, but I dont think he "likes" her. I think its more of a "your-the-one-person-in-this-world-I-trust-the-most-but-cant-tell-you-that" mindframe
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-05-17, 04:19   Link #69
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
I dunno, if you go by standard Shoujo law, two guys vying for the main females affections. Pretty standard here, we have Kaname and Zero as the two guys and Yuuki as the main female. I don't really get the confusion?
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-05-17, 12:01   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.
Yeah I thought that was pretty obvious too...
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-17, 18:59   Link #71
Vinak
Procrastinator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Age: 26
Spoiler for quote:


Spoiler for probably a good word for it:
__________________
Vinak is offline  
Old 2008-05-26, 22:49   Link #72
BellaD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Guess??
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Er.. I think you guys are making Zero's feelings for Yuki more complex than it really is. He pushes her away because he's afraid of hurting her, and he obviously likes her, from the viewers perspective he seems like an open book to me.

I dunno, if you go by standard Shoujo law, two guys vying for the main females affections. Pretty standard here, we have Kaname and Zero as the two guys and Yuuki as the main female. I don't really get the confusion?
Completely agree.....you guys are overthinking this. :S
__________________
She wants your aid--she honours you
With a distinguished call.
Stand forth to be the friend of her
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 08:01   Link #73
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I can't wait for the nurses's office scene to be animated I wonder how much commotion will go on then, I, myself can't wait it was one of the best moment in the manga to date.

As for Zero's feelings towards Yuki....it's pretty obvious what they are....
Manji Midou is offline  
Old 2008-05-27, 16:23   Link #74
baka.tenshi
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
I love Zero. He is my favorite character - plus he is so pretty <3
__________________

Last edited by baka.tenshi; 2008-05-27 at 17:01.
baka.tenshi is offline  
Old 2008-05-30, 09:37   Link #75
Kai Yukari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Zero's full potential has been unlocked, the poor cement ^___^ .... BTW was that really him at the last page of chapter 40?
Kai Yukari is offline  
Old 2008-05-31, 08:45   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Quote:
Originally Posted by baka.tenshi View Post
I love Zero. He is my favorite character - plus he is so pretty <3
When you associate a man with the word "pretty"... you know theres something wrong, lol
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2008-06-07, 15:11   Link #77
Ashura666
Ignite the blue flame
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cymru.. though I'm not Welsh I like living there ^.^
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Ashura666
I would say he is not 'pretty' as such but has many qualities, not only look, that are quite admirable...
Spoiler for Vampire Knight, flashback and ep 9:


His eyes are just adorable aswell IMO...
__________________


"My real strength is here, in my heart"
Ashura666 is offline  
Old 2008-06-07, 20:51   Link #78
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
I think Zero is a butthead ~ ! There, I've said it.

Kaname is much, much better for Yuki-san.
__________________

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
phishn37 is offline  
Old 2008-06-08, 00:44   Link #79
goodvsevil01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Zero is better!!!!!!!!!! i vote for Zero...
Zero is much more beautiful and hawt than Kaname, really!!!!! take a closer look. and his feeling is much more sincere. Zero, i'm always here for you...
goodvsevil01 is offline  
Old 2008-06-25, 15:50   Link #80
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Zero's feelings for Yuuki are more sincere then Kaname >_< Get out of here...
If it really was Zero wouldn't be sucking Yuuki's blood ya know
__________________
King Lycan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.