AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-15, 08:35   Link #401
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Honestly, I wish Kishimoto would read a few volumes of Hajime no Ippo, and have Naruto go through a Ippo-esque training regime learning how to dodge and weave through attacks, becuase Naruto's fighting style currently only works for grunts and other non-important characters.
Man, that would be sick! If they use the wind efects that Ippo had, that would accentuate Naruto's wind ability and make it cooler ^^
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 09:28   Link #402
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Quote:
Regarding Naruto being a genin i think he would have graduated along with shikamaru if the chunnin exams weren't interrupted by orochimaru. Sasuke, Naruto would have met at the finals and sasuke had chidori but if naruto summoned gamabunta it would have freaked everyone including the 3rd. He just used kyuubi's chakra without any jutsu's besides shadow clones against neji.
I didn't refer to his raw power, since the chuunin exam is not about that, that's why the only one promoted to Chuunin rank was actually the one who had only one lost battle to show. A chuunin is a leader, someone who is the smartest in a group of people, regardless of power, of course he needs to be strong but it's only one requirement. For example Sasuke is now leading a team of 4 people, but we cannot imagine Naruto doing so with any random genins from Konoha. For example would Sai or Sakura accept if Naruto would want to lead that team?
Seconded. I'd like to add that while post-timeskip, it is doubtful that Naruto would become a chuunin anytime soon, it would have also been impossible pre-timeskip for the reasons Ero-Sennin mentioned.

Naruto's stubborness and failure to plan ahead or think up strategies, relying, rather, on his battle instincts show that not only is he not Chuunin material, he is certainly not Hokage material at the moment.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 12:48   Link #403
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I have no difficulty seeing Naruto sending a thousand KB in the forest of death and steal all the scroll from a few dozens of participants.
i think most people assume that if Naruto takes a second chuunin exam it will be similiar to when Killua (from Hunter x Hunter) took the Hunter's exam for a second time and completely decimated every other participant during the first round .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:40   Link #404
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
i think most people assume that if Naruto takes a second chuunin exam it will be similiar to when Killua (from Hunter x Hunter) took the Hunter's exam for a second time and completely decimated every other participant during the first round .
Just after the timeskip i wrote on this forum how cool it would be
Unfortunately that would be too much stealing from HxH, but it would still rock
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:30   Link #405
mrsticky005
Banned

"Unfortunately that would be too much stealing from HxH, but it would still rock"

Honestly I can't tell who is stealing from who because there are so many similarities.

1.The Genei Ryodan in HxH are like the Akatsuki.
2. Gon and Naruto are very similar. Gon is a bit smarter though. (They even have the same seiyuu)
3. Kurapica and Sasuke= both have red eyes that give them god like powers
4. Kurapica and Sasuke= both trying to avenge their clans
5. Kurapica and Sasuke= both are the "last" members of their clan
5. Kurapica and Sasuke: the person/people they are trying to get revenge on are both in a criminal organization (i.e Genei Ryodan and Akatsuki)
6. Both Genei Ryodan and Akatsuki have rogue members
7. Nen and Chakra...what more can I say?
8. Gaara and Killua are similar in the respect that they were raised as a weapon
9. Chuunin exams and the Hunter exams both of them ended with an one on one no holds barred fight.
10. Both Hisoka and Orochimaru NEED to keep their tongue in their mouths and BOTH are interested in 12 year old boys
11. Kuroto Zaolodyeck and Haku. Both are male despite their appearance.
12. Both Gon and Naruto have never met their father and both of their father's are kick ass.

Though don't get me wrong BOTH are good series.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:38   Link #406
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
"Unfortunately that would be too much stealing from HxH, but it would still rock"

Honestly I can't tell who is stealing from who because there are so many similarities.

Well, Hunter x Hunter came out first, so it would not suprise me if Kishimoto addmitted to borrowing elements from Killua and Kurapica to create Sasuke's character. But, realistically, Sasuke's character-type is a tad bit older than just Togashi's Hunter x Hunter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:42   Link #407
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
2. Gon and Naruto are very similar. Gon is a bit smarter though. (They even have the same seiyuu)
I have to totally disagree on this one. If i remember correctly Gon was the brain of the small team or we can call him the problem-solver, which is just the opposite of what Naruto is to his teams. Naruto is like Goku from dragonball or Luffy from one piece, he is a kind of a leader because of his great vision and determination which overwhelms others who actually have the brains to help him out when it's needed.

As for the other points, i think most of them are just shonen cliche/rules which apply to most of these. So if we talk about stealing such ideas we can also say that both Naruto and HxH stole from the same sources, like Dragon Ball
Instead of stealing it's better to call that evolution, as newer shonen manga repeat the same methods/characters but the good ones (like Naruto and HxH) also add to that a lot of original content and most importantly a unique look&feel.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:55   Link #408
Rahan

Quote:

1.The Genei Ryodan in HxH are like the Akatsuki.
3. Kurapica and Sasuke= both have red eyes that give them god like powers
4. Kurapica and Sasuke= both trying to avenge their clans
5. Kurapica and Sasuke= both are the "last" members of their clan
5. Kurapica and Sasuke: the person/people they are trying to get revenge on are both in a criminal organization (i.e Genei Ryodan and Akatsuki)
6. Both Genei Ryodan and Akatsuki have rogue members
7. Nen and Chakra...what more can I say?
8. Gaara and Killua are similar in the respect that they were raised as a weapon
9. Chuunin exams and the Hunter exams both of them ended with an one on one no holds barred fight.
10. Both Hisoka and Orochimaru NEED to keep their tongue in their mouths and BOTH are interested in 12 year old boys
11. Kuroto Zaolodyeck and Haku. Both are male despite their appearance.
12. Both Gon and Naruto have never met their father and both of their father's are kick ass.

As far as I know, HxH was earlier for all of this.
The manga started a little earlier and everything you listed appeared relatively early in HxH and before all the breaks started (for example, the whole Genei Ryodan was introduced after chapter 71 while Itachi made his first non-flashback appearance around chapter 140).
The only exception is the nen/chakra comparison, but then, most of the shounens have a form of spirit energy

And yeah, Gon is not stupid. He is actually very smart, but he is completely uneducated due to his wild way of life, which makes him overly naive and sometimes stupid-looking.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 09:00   Link #409
Adediran242
Konoha-nin =[(:<@-:)]=

I quite liked the chapter, despite this arc's "Uchiha-centric"-ness. It shed alot of light on Konoha's founding and I thought thetwo page spread for pages 10 and 11 were absoltely badass!

Desperately need a good artist with some time on their hands. PM me if you are him (or her)
Adediran242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 13:18   Link #410
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adediran242 View Post
I quite liked the chapter, despite this arc's "Uchiha-centric"-ness. It shed alot of light on Konoha's founding and I thought thetwo page spread for pages 10 and 11 were absoltely badass!
Spoiler for Double Page Spread:

The awesomeness is overflowing
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 13:53   Link #411
Rahan

I still don't like how the Kyuubi is small on that pic. In the first chapter, Kyuubi was as tall as an hill ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 17:30   Link #412
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Do you see the size of the moon? It's called artistic license.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 12:00   Link #413
mrsticky005
Banned

Do you see the size of the moon? It's called artistic license.

Hmm Not really. At times the moon does appear to be really damn big. I don't know why it happens but it's like some sort of weird optical illusion. Though it may not appear THAT big.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote