AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-15, 19:33   Link #201
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
I see. At least it isn't bad like 'Raww'.

As someone watching subs, the episode 7 spoilers sound extremely weird to me lol.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline  
Old 2008-05-15, 23:44   Link #202
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Spoiler for 7:
There's a very good reason why no one's answering it

Spoiler:


No I'm kidding but yeah that was very weird...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 02:26   Link #203
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post

Spoiler for :
Spoiler for 7:
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 14:54   Link #204
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler for 7:
All my senses are telling me that wasn't a crease.

Anyways I'm curious about her character and how she'll develop in the future.
__________________

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
TwilightHack is offline  
Old 2008-05-19, 11:13   Link #205
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
the glowy belly thing, creped me the hell out. I really hope there's some good explanation about it, cause right now it just seems freaky and unneeded.

I seriously just want to say
Spoiler:
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-05-19, 11:16   Link #206
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
the glowy belly thing, creped me the hell out. I really hope there's some good explanation about it, cause right now it just seems freaky and unneeded.

I seriously just want to say
Spoiler:
I think's it's just passing concert lights as an excuse to focus on her hands, to highlight her "gripping her dress in determination" pose.
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 00:06   Link #207
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hmmm, similar to Sheryl's blog, there is a Ranka Lee's blog now...

http://ameblo.jp/rankalee

wonder will there be Alto's blog too? Hehz
Ja-Y-Ce is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 00:16   Link #208
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
If Alto has a blog, everyone will have one.

So why's she transfering schools?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 00:21   Link #209
Zekori
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
If Alto has a blog, everyone will have one.

So why's she transfering schools?
More than likely because the all-girl school regulations prohibits exhibits like the Miss Macross concert, or things that will get attention in general. Stupid reason, but there are places like that in real life.
Zekori is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 00:30   Link #210
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
More than likely because the all-girl school regulations prohibits exhibits like the Miss Macross concert, or things that will get attention in general. Stupid reason, but there are places like that in real life.
If I'm not mistaken, Mihoshi Academy has an academic course in theater as well as in piloting. We know this because Alto originally enrolled into Mihoshi under the theater program. So if Ranka is going to persue a career in music performances, then she best attend a school that specializes in that field.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 00:32   Link #211
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
More likely that Ozma did this so she can be watched by his three dogs. (One is french poodle the other is a chiuawa. )
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 01:21   Link #212
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
More than likely because the all-girl school regulations prohibits exhibits like the Miss Macross concert, or things that will get attention in general. Stupid reason, but there are places like that in real life.
It's probably because contests like Miss Macross requires you to expose too much skin and it gives the school a bad reputation. Conservative much?

I got a couple of questions here. If Zentradi ages slowly, then does that mean Ranka does too, even if she's quarter? And let's say Ranka's "glowing" belly really was an implant. Can they be able to surgically remove it, or is it a permanent thing? If they already mentioned this in the show, I probably missed it.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 01:26   Link #213
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
I'm looking forward to Luca's blog where he talks about Nanase's breasts every day.... as for the school move here's some infro from the latest newtype on Mihoshi Academy.

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 10:36   Link #214
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm looking forward to Luca's blog where he talks about Nanase's breasts every day....
and Alto's hair. I'm sure sure he's in love with it
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 13:55   Link #215
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I'm usually reluctant to watch mecha series, but Macross Frontier and Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion is an exception. The later one because it has good art, and the other one...probably the music? I just can't get enough of them...

One question I've been welling up all the time: what on earth is Ranka's hair made of? It's making her look like a puppy!
iamandragon is offline  
Old 2008-05-21, 13:57   Link #216
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
I think that's the point, to give her more cuteness.
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-05-22, 10:15   Link #217
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
That's freaky! Anyways one more thing: I want a cell phone like hers!
iamandragon is offline  
Old 2008-05-22, 10:36   Link #218
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post

One question I've been welling up all the time: what on earth is Ranka's hair made of? It's making her look like a puppy!
The explaination is that she's a quarter Zentradi. We haven't seen Zentradi with moving hair like hers before though.

The only known moving hair in Macross is Mylene's pet gyuurashi Guvava.
Which looks like a tribble with eyes, two itsy bitsy feet and a tail.

Sure the furball emotes like Mylene but that doesn't count.

Then again Exsedol is hairless, greener with bigger head, and has two tentacles in Macross 7.

And bridge bunnies still see him as a eligible bachelor.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-22, 10:38   Link #219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm of two minds about that phone. Sure, it's incredibly cool. But if it goes on like that, it'll be revealed it has a mind of its own and plans to take over the world with its brethren, by the might of their sheer awesomeness.
Anh_Minh is online now  
Old 2008-05-22, 10:41   Link #220
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Her phone is great, design wise.

Her phone is virtually indestructible. It won't damaged when dropped, crushed, thrown or beaten. Its like a stress ball.

Its waterproof, therefore washable. Soft, therefore fits in any bag, container or pocket comfortably.

Its 'skin' could be made of extremely high tech fabrics like nanocarbon cloth, which may save your life in rare chances. If you put in your chest pocket, it may save you from a chest stab or bullet to the heart.

Im sure the phone can come in any shape and size and will fit anyone. From stuff toys to skulls.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.