AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-21, 11:11   Link #801
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Lelouch was given contact to block his Geass. Can a normal human use the same kind of contact to avoid the effect of Lelouch's Geass which require eye contact?
New cliffhanger theory for later episodes perhaps?
__________________
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 11:42   Link #802
JMvS
Rawrrr!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CH aka Chocaholic Heaven
Age: 31
Wasn't Mao protected by reflective glasses? So if one would want protective contacts, they would have to be reflective...
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 12:43   Link #803
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Does anyone know Lelouch's official year of birth? Wikipedia says 1999 but I've come across other sources saying 2000.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 19:51   Link #804
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
No, he was hinted to be the Emperor's brother.
i don't think they mean blood-related brothers. if anything, charles may have just grown up with V.V. as a kid, so naturally calls him brother. Sucks for him though, he grew up with a little boy.

i would have loved to grow up with C.C.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 09:15   Link #805
Yuudai-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I've always wondered if Lelouch could use "Obey all my commands." or something like that to manipulate people more than one time.
Is it confirmed that this doesn't work? I would have tried this first instead of ordering an innocent girl to write a line everyday for (most likely) the rest of her life

Sorry if this question has already been answered, please PM me and i'll delete this post if that's the case.
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 09:19   Link #806
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuudai-kun View Post
I've always wondered if Lelouch could use "Obey all my commands." or something like that to manipulate people more than one time.
Is it confirmed that this doesn't work? I would have tried this first instead of ordering an innocent girl to write a line everyday for (most likely) the rest of her life

Sorry if this question has already been answered, please PM me and i'll delete this post if that's the case.
i get the feeling like it's only one or 2 commands tops, because when ever he makes someone do a string of things, he always tells them to do it in a more "general sense" like

"make sure no one interrupts us, and then kill yourself" as opposed to "go kill those guys, then kill these people, then do this and that, then kill yourself"

i could be wrong, but this is like one of those "if you have 3 wishes", could i wish for my first wish tohave a gazillion wishes? u know what i mean?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 09:42   Link #807
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Lounge
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i get the feeling like it's only one or 2 commands tops, because when ever he makes someone do a string of things, he always tells them to do it in a more "general sense" like

"make sure no one interrupts us, and then kill yourself" as opposed to "go kill those guys, then kill these people, then do this and that, then kill yourself"

i could be wrong, but this is like one of those "if you have 3 wishes", could i wish for my first wish tohave a gazillion wishes? u know what i mean?
I think he meant it as in
The command he gives with his Geass is "Obey all my commands"
and after he used the Geass, would that person still obey all his commands after he's used the geass to command him to obey everything
__________________
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 10:15   Link #808
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuudai-kun View Post
I've always wondered if Lelouch could use "Obey all my commands." or something like that to manipulate people more than one time.
Is it confirmed that this doesn't work? I would have tried this first instead of ordering an innocent girl to write a line everyday for (most likely) the rest of her life

Sorry if this question has already been answered, please PM me and i'll delete this post if that's the case.
Yes, Lelouch can use the command, which does work, but he won't. Because ... of a matter of his personality. Umm... Sorry. The director sure mentioned this, but I don't remember the detail.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:16   Link #809
CJL13
God of his own ego
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Yes, Lelouch can use the command, which does work, but he won't. Because ... of a matter of his personality. Umm... Sorry. The director sure mentioned this, but I don't remember the detail.
But what if his commands was "Stop obeying me"?
__________________
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 11:20   Link #810
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i get the feeling like it's only one or 2 commands tops, because when ever he makes someone do a string of things, he always tells them to do it in a more "general sense" like

"make sure no one interrupts us, and then kill yourself" as opposed to "go kill those guys, then kill these people, then do this and that, then kill yourself"

i could be wrong, but this is like one of those "if you have 3 wishes", could i wish for my first wish tohave a gazillion wishes? u know what i mean?
He gave a fairly complex command to whoever shot Rolo.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:07   Link #811
Yuudai-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Yes, Lelouch can use the command, which does work, but he won't. Because ... of a matter of his personality. Umm... Sorry. The director sure mentioned this, but I don't remember the detail.
Oh, thanks for the answer. That's exactly what i wanted to know. Maybe it'll become some sort of Deus ex machina later on.
Even if Lelouch is very proud , i imagined him to be someone who'll use everything possible to win.
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:13   Link #812
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He gave a fairly complex command to whoever shot Rolo.
He can give rather big commands; based on how he words it. For instance Clovis was forced to answer questions truthfully. Allowing Lelouch to answer several things. For the Glaston that shot at Rolo; he could have told him to do an if/then/else command. Kinda like a computer...
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 12:51   Link #813
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuudai-kun View Post
Oh, thanks for the answer. That's exactly what i wanted to know. Maybe it'll become some sort of Deus ex machina later on.
Even if Lelouch is very proud , i imagined him to be someone who'll use everything possible to win.
Not everything. In fact, quite to the contrary. We have repeatedly seen over the whole series that Lulu held very high standards for himself. The whole point with Lelouch, is that he isn't capable of taking the easy way out for ANYTHING.

Those who used everything to win, loses it all because they ended up with nothing.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 13:18   Link #814
Yuudai-kun
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
It was badly phrased. Of course Lelouch wouldn't do everything and he has high standards, but i still believe that he is in fact capable of achieving his goal by all means possible.

He used Euphie (even though it was an accident), killed many people and after Nunally was taken by the emporer i think Lelouch should have used his Geass effectively to get her back.
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:23   Link #815
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
I think he isn't capable of that and this is exactly his weakness.

If he hadn't told Suzaku to survive then the Black Knights would've won back in season 1, he could have rescued Nunally, maybe (or at least not gotten captured), etc.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 14:45   Link #816
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I think he isn't capable of that and this is exactly his weakness.

If he hadn't told Suzaku to survive then the Black Knights would've won back in season 1, he could have rescued Nunally, maybe (or at least not gotten captured), etc.
yeah but if he didn't tell suzaku that he'd be dead...
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 17:03   Link #817
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
just a quick question, i know that lelouch and nunally were deemed "dead" by the britannians so that lulu would not succeed the throne, but where did charles actually announce their deaths/how? I remember in S1 when lulu went up to charles, charles said i'll move you and nunally to japan, you guys will be good trading material..but he says that in front of a lot of people, so...wouldn't a lot of people know of the scandal?... Also the fact that nunally is now governor general or w/e, wouldn't people go "wait a second, i thought she was dead"...and then wouldn't people search for lelouch and ask him to succeed the throne? Then wouldn't lulu be even closer to britannia???
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 17:18   Link #818
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
They were considered dead after they "went missing" during the Invasion of Japan, not when they were sent there as hostages.

As for your question on Nunnally's reappearance in the public, easy: yet another Code Geass plot hole. This one isn't half as bad as Kallen never showing any surprise at Lelouch's past though.

Having said that, Nunnally surviving doesn't necessarily translate to Lelouch surviving in Britannian eyes either. Of course, logically, some ambitious noble already considers that possibility and is probably now searching for the missing prodigious prince to use as a political pawn; but this is anime, and I watch it from the assumption that nothing happens unless it's actually explicitly told, so nothing of the sort has happened so far as far as I'm concerned.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 17:53   Link #819
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
They were considered dead after they "went missing" during the Invasion of Japan, not when they were sent there as hostages.

As for your question on Nunnally's reappearance in the public, easy: yet another Code Geass plot hole. This one isn't half as bad as Kallen never showing any surprise at Lelouch's past though.

Having said that, Nunnally surviving doesn't necessarily translate to Lelouch surviving in Britannian eyes either. Of course, logically, some ambitious noble already considers that possibility and is probably now searching for the missing prodigious prince to use as a political pawn; but this is anime, and I watch it from the assumption that nothing happens unless it's actually explicitly told, so nothing of the sort has happened so far as far as I'm concerned.
yeah but how could something as big as this be unexplained? the thing with kallen is understandable - after kallen found out about lelouch, there was a whole year (plus c.c. could of broke down the news) for her to research/digest that fact.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 10:48   Link #820
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
yeah but how could something as big as this be unexplained? the thing with kallen is understandable - after kallen found out about lelouch, there was a whole year (plus c.c. could of broke down the news) for her to research/digest that fact.
Do notice, and this is a key point: this excuse is given by fans, for fans; the anime makes absolutely no reference to this Kallen-and-her-prince issue whatsoever, not even an implication or a note on "what went on behind the scenes." It might bring it up later, it might not. That is for future episodes to show.

So as I said, to me, the things that didn't happen in the show, didn't happen period. Fans can bring up logical excuses from wherever, but as long as it is not canon I simply don't acknowledge it.

Similar excuses could of course be brought up about this plot hole as well, one just has to be a little creative.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.