AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-26, 15:07   Link #321
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So let me get this straight... you already imported Keroko into the Macrossverse?
Well I did or will Kha/Kai was already there courtesy of Goose... I was shifting around for squadron leaders and after all the stuff with Keroko and rouge squadron I was like; eh why not? If I can't find a place to use her in Nanoha I'll hijack for for a totally different universe. Unless he did it too in a different way.

Quote:
Actually, I can dance on my own traps and not have them triggered.
Well most of my trapping experience comes from FPS land mines so even then I didn’t normally step on them, but my teammates… We used to call them Minesteppers in Tribes it didn’t matter how blatantly obvious you made them or how many times you spammed “FLAG IS MINED DON’T STEP ON THE FLAG”. It was like the mines projected some sort of physic siren call and sure enough within a minute of planting them some guy would show up he’d pause near the flag, look at the mines, pause again and then run forward and blow himself up earning you a TK. Three thousand nine hundred and ninety seven of those is probably about how many I earned from trying to be a good player and defend our flag...

Quote:
And to think that one of the main complaints of hardcore MMO players is that WoW caters too much to the casual...
I don't see how having round up like 80 guys to try and tackle end game content could be considered anything besides almost frighteningly hardcore...
Quote:

Tesla: *while listening* And I find it rather insulting that you would think I would not expect this. Though the undercover agents were a nice warning, I'll have to thank him when we capture him.
You’re going to capture your own agents that planted all this surveillance gear? Well sure I mean don’t let me stop you!

Quote:
I love them as much as I hate them, and so should you. They make kiting so much easier.
I hate them more then I love them since I tend to be there victims more then a benefactor.

Quote:
You do realize that we want to read this crack, and that we wont stop poking you for it, right?
Yeah, yeah but the crack will be a bit slow in coming since it’s currently linked to how the plot of Frontier goes. I have some ideas about how relationships and such go, but until the show starts kicking into high gear a bit I’m somewhat limited into how much I can safely write. It is kind of fun to cross my fingers and see how much of the vague outline I have planned will survive though.

As it is I’ve got a 2300 word or so brief intro that sets up our launch into the main plot written. It's still rough but it can be read as a word doc here if you’re so inclined, but it has little real plot and it’s mostly just meant to serve as a cool intro fight scene for our group even if it is a bit of a curb stomp and it doesn’t show all the chars planned either.

Quote:
Pfwe, even Caro was using Full Drive at the end, and she suffered no visible damage whatsoever from is usage.
When did that happen?

Quote:
To be frank, as long as they're magical devices, the bureau doesn't care. Look at Teana, or Vice.
Not in the slightest I must have at least a half dozen OCs toting magic guns by this point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Darn... >.>

Well if you do change your mind...
Unlikely I acutally hadn't planned Keroko to get shipped at all so if you want shipping you'll need to look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Ah, yes, contradictions are bad stuff. I nearly contradicted myself before.
I hate contradictions so I tend to write out manuals and such for my stuff to try and avoid them as much as I can I have tens of thousands of words of essays on the technolgoy of my crack verse for instance. Sometimes I really enjoy just writing history, backstory, and fluff more then actual fiction...

Quote:
I thought they'd be hyper-functional.
You have seen harem and romantic comedy anime before haven't you?

Quote:
Somehow, the formula looks like it's going to stir something BIG and INTERESTING.
Again people are giving the crap I write far too much credit.

Quote:
Good, good. I might decide to steal them later.
All clever insults I come up with can be consider open source.


Quote:
Revisions well made and delivered!


Quote:
I'll take that as a compliment.
Actually it was just and off hand remark, but again let's go with your interpretation.

Quote:
Wouldn't those that hire them be more amoral than they are? <_< Hypocrites. They hire them to do their dirty jobs but label them in the same way to masses do.
Well duh assassins can't exist without people just as amoral, but too cowardly to kill themselves there is a reason the law treats the guy that hires an assassin pretty much just as harshly as the assassin himself: It takes two to tango.

Quote:
Yep, good to go, and I'll just get ready for any major changes, in any case.
I doubt there will be though since that would require effort and I'm a very lazy guy.

Quote:
We'd patiently wait, then.
You'll be waiting a long time I think.

Quote:
... Bastard.


Quote:
What?! I never thought it's conceivable!
Okay I admit that I have no real idea what exactly you're trying to say here?

Quote:
Insane driver with insane luck sounds like a bad combination ... for the opponent.
And anyone in the car with her, her luck only seems to partially transfer to passengers...

Quote:
There will be no doubt in this.
*TK now feels like he'll have to work hard to make the entrance suitably awesome...* Luckily I've got time to think about it; allot of time.

Quote:
Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
Well it's not that bad it's just that if they spend long periods around people they stop trying to hide the rougher aspects of there personalities.

Quote:
Ah, doing odd jobs certainly give you many advantages most won't find otherwise.
I'm still not sure whether that one's a joke or true I shall leave it ambiguous, but it is true that all three of the Mercenary trio have worked some rather odd jobs over the years in the purist of making a decent living many of them more embarrassing then dangerous.

Quote:
I do have a sneaky suspicion that the compensation won't be enough to cover for his works. Maybe Irene should ...

*flees*
Random Shadowy Figure: Could he know my lord?!

Senior Random Shadowy Figure: Hmm we'll need to watch him if he shows any suspicions movements... you know what to do.

Random Shadowy Figure: Of course leave it to me!
Quote:
Interesting. Maybe I should go do a more thorough search to find out more things that relate ...
You won't find much at best you'll find maybe one or two aspects of myself in any one char (maybe slightly more in Felix).
Quote:
Battle scenes. Major headaches.
Yeah large team battle scenes even more so and since pretty much every battle in my entire fic revolves around large team battles...

Quote:


Now, Pixy's scaring me even more ...
I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but the old Pixy was NOT a nice person at all...

Quote:
Ouch!

But, now you are making them, in good amounts too ...
Well a team of 20+ male OCs would have started to look a tad sexist the other way...

Quote:
White knight to the rescue?
Not exactly...
Spoiler for No Mercy:
Felix is like Nanoha only meaner and with far less compassion for those under him, but he’s mean because he cares; probably…


Quote:
By the way, progress will be going slow for me, partly because PS2 just arrived and the massive amounts of games (around 13 RPGs) that I need to keep up with will eat away most of the time. On the other hand, they will probably serve as good inspirations (a number of them already formed up ), so I'll try to update whenever I can.
Well I'm distracted by raging crack so don't expect a ton from me either chap 3 is currently stalled out at about 12k words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
I'm still waiting for the magical chaingun.
Way ahead of you...
Spoiler for Size:

Behold one of my planed OCs and as a bonus some video of his inspiration in action.
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:37   Link #322
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
He’s the first ace of this generation, being several years older than the Aces and having been in the bureau for a while before they showed up.
But how is he linked with them as Aces then? If he was before their time, he'd be in a seperate category of Aces. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but to have several years between them and still have him marked as one of their group (suggesting he worked along side them in their rise to fame, while he didn't) seems odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Give about a year, and we should be able to start landing on Northrend to attempt any remote form of defrosting, if WotLK isn't vaporwared again.
Vaporwared?

Though if WAR manages to hit a good spot with me and my friends, the chances of getting to Northrend become smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Your WoWfu is not enough!

First, search for and copy a file called "realmlist.wtf" to a safe location, then use a text editor to open the one at the original location.

Second, change the contents to:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com


Don't forget to save.

Now boot up WoW, and welcome to the US servers. And you can switch back to EU servers by switching .WTF files. I can do the same to play on EU servers, but haven't done that before as I don't know what's in the WTFs there.

You might need to create an account on the US servers using ur CD key but now I'd like to experiment if I can get into an EU server. Mind telling me what you find in your "realmlist.wtf"?

set realmlist eu.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist eu.version.worldofwarcraft.com


Like you said. Though its more of a level and friend issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Even though most people exist in multiple dimensions, somehow Keroko have gained their interest, possibly because unlike most people she is one of the select few who are often involved in time-shaping events that the Naaru influence through their Cleric?
Keroko is a 'skifter', though they are also known as 'dimension travelers' 'eternal warriors' 'world shifters' or whatever term the particular world has for them, if any. Skifters are a natural defence mechanism of the multiverse whenever an inbalance appears. Skifters are send to fix that inbalance, be it through good or evil. Whenever a skifter dies, they are send to the next world.

Okay, so this is not always true, its an excuse I sometimes use to explain to the other members of the world why Keroko has powers that shouldn't appear in that world (if she has them) the discovery of Nanoha gave me a new excuse, which I happilly abuse when inserting Keroko into the Negima storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
How many Keroko's are gonna appear in my Angelic Layer fic, I wonder? Because I've cheekily written it from 3 perspectives, Angelic Layer, FMP AND Nanoha, that's 3 Keroko's heading into a time-space destroying collision!
O_o If you're importing the FMP Keroko, then I hope you are looking for some fights, because like I said, she is war-hungry. To keep a long story short: She is the direct oposite of a whispered, she has no knowledge of black technology, but her physical capabillities are through the roof. Unfortunately that comes with an insatiable hunger to use that power, but since she is somewhat willing to listen to Tessa and Mao (because they're woman in command) Mithrill manages to guide her physical ferocity for a good cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Wait... Maybe that's why the Cleric exists there, to prevent this collision?

ARGH THE KHRAAACK!!!!!!
Let's hope one of them is a diplomat then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Chrono said that the last time the Bureau dealt with the BoD was 11 years ago in A's ep10. And that was definitely when it led to the Hestia's destruction, because he accuses Graham of searching for the BoD's next incarnation since then. If the Hestia's destruction had occurred a few years later (like say, the BoD was captured 11 years ago, but the Hestia's incident happened later) Chrono would have stated a smaller number. Because Graham would have no reason to look for the BoD's next incarnation until its current one was destroyed.

It did have 2 years before Hayate's birth to look around. Hayate also said in A's ep6 that the BoD had been on her bookshelf for as long as she could remember. So she was really young when it showed up, whether it had been with her since birth or not.

Update. Signum says the BoD had been with Hayate since birth in A's ep 6.
Touché and touché. That's what I get for trying to go by without using Silver Retriever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Was his more like a blast or something? *remembers he never finished StrikerS*
Go. Finish. Now. DVD encodes are waiting.

Anyway, his was pretty much the same, a huge boost in stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I'm still waiting for the magical chaingun.
So is Nanoha:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
This, however, I have trouble believing.

The Bureau has displayed extensive knowledge of the Tome's inner workings, most likely due to a combination of research and intelligence gained from previous awakenings. Chrono displays knowledge of the origins of the Wolkenritter, accurately describing the Guardian Knight system, and the TSAB actually knows more about the Tome's history than the Wolks themselves do. The latter could be learned either through first-hand experience or through a trip to the Infinity Library, but knowledge of the former would require an in-depth examination of the Tome's contents and systems, which would in all likelihood reveal the presence of Reinforce and the corrupted defense program.

Further, Gil and the Lieze twins display an even more thorough knowledge of the Tome's systems when they essentially mind-rape Hayate and send her plunging into despair. The twins seemed to know exactly what to do to force the Book's awakening, not only subjecting Hayate to psychological torture through the erasure of Vita right in front of her, but also taking the forms of the only two people who could possibly have talked her down from using the Book, thus ensuring that Reinforce's wrath would be focused on the only two people left who could possibly get through to Hayate in her transformed state.
This sounds okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
With this in mind, from my perspective Gil has far too much information to not know that Hayate could be saved, yet not only does he not even try to save her, he and his familiars utilize brutal tactics to ensure that everything plays out exactly as he wants it to, right up until the point where Chrono unmasked the twins. Durandal was most likely a contingency plan in case things went awry, which they did.

Gil never had any intention of "sealing Hayate away"; he most likely wanted the Book's power for himself. The only questions are how would he get it once the Book was awake, and what did he ultimately intend to do with that power.
.... This doesn't. Cort, they already tried to capture the book, and they ended up with loss of lives and a destroyed ship , and every single time the book would return. Even Yuuno after all his research says its impossible for the books program to be altered before completion, and after completion it'll use all itspower for indiscriminate destruction.

Gil's plans were as they were displayed in the anime, complete the book and seal it away using Eternal Coffin. What puzzles me most is where you got the idea of him wanting to use the book for himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well I did or will Kha/Kai was already there courtesy of Goose... I was shifting around for squadron leaders and after all the stuff with Keroko and rouge squadron I was like; eh why not? If I can't find a place to use her in Nanoha I'll hijack for for a totally different universe. Unless he did it too in a different way.
Rogue Squadron, Tk. Rogue Squadron.

Rouge is a makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well most of my trapping experience comes from FPS land mines so even then I didn’t normally step on them, but my teammates… We used to call them Minesteppers in Tribes it didn’t matter how blatantly obvious you made them or how many times you spammed “FLAG IS MINED DON’T STEP ON THE FLAG”. It was like the mines projected some sort of physic siren call and sure enough within a minute of planting them some guy would show up he’d pause near the flag, look at the mines, pause again and then run forward and blow himself up earning you a TK. Three thousand nine hundred and ninety seven of those is probably about how many I earned from trying to be a good player and defend our flag...
I remember this one level in Medal of Honor way back when, where I was waving through a minefield getting to the end. I was one step away, and then-

*click*

"Shit."

BOOM.

That's the most annoying part about those mines in my opinion. You hae just enough time to realize you're about to die and grumble about it before you blow sky-high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I don't see how having round up like 80 guys to try and tackle end game content could be considered anything besides almost frighteningly hardcore...
Because its not 80. Its 25. And with the new expansion, they're going to lower it to 10, which is less then most shooters fill their servers with these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
You’re going to capture your own agents that planted all this surveillance gear? Well sure I mean don’t let me stop you!
Tesla: *shakes head at the one-way com* You just keep thinking that. Meanwhile I have already ordered the compromised men to evacuate. They should be safely back home by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
When did that happen?
Episode 26, 08:32
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-26 at 15:53.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 16:20   Link #323
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
AtomicoX's OC Profile List

For timeline explanations refer too: http://ocnano.wikidot.com/atomicox-s...tales-and-fotr

Marksman Tales OC's
Spoiler for Vic:

Spoiler for Doc:

Spoiler for Macmillan:

Spoiler for SaE Organisation Pofile:


Fate of the Reapers (FotR) OC's
Spoiler for Reapers Organisation Profile:




If you find balance issues or the like, don't hesitate to PM me.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2008-07-15 at 07:05.
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 16:22   Link #324
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
.... This doesn't. Cort, they already tried to capture the book, and they ended up with loss of lives and a destroyed ship , and every single time the book would return. Even Yuuno after all his research says its impossible for the books program to be altered before completion, and after completion it'll use all itspower for indiscriminate destruction.
Magnificent Bastards don't always follow logical or sane trains of thought, Kero. "We'll use what we learned last time to neutralize the book this time, even if we run the risk of wiping out an entire dimension."

Quote:
Gil's plans were as they were displayed in the anime, complete the book and seal it away using Eternal Coffin. What puzzles me most is where you got the idea of him wanting to use the book for himself.
First, Kero, explain to me why Gil didn't approach Hayate as soon as he knew she had the book.

We don't know anything about the book's previous meisters save for the fact that the Wolks vaguely recall that Hayate treats them unlike any of their previous masters. With this in mind, it's highly likely that every master of the Tome prior to Hayate tried to complete it using the Wolkenritter to gather power from LCs. This time, however, the bureau has the opportunity to gain the cooperation of the book's meister and possibly debug it (keep in mind that the bureau doesn't know the book can't be debugged prior to activation). So long as there was a 1% chance of saving Hayate--and obviously there was--any good honest man would do everything in his power to save her.

But what does Gil do? "Oh well, poor girl's picked up the Tome, too bad for her. We'll just ignore all chances of gaining her cooperation and fixing the damn thing and sentence her to an eternal Deep Freeze once she hits 11 or so. But hey, at least she'll be happy with her new family for the one pathetic year she has left before we mind-rape her and stick her in the fridge!"

How anybody in the entire fandom could possibly mistake Gil for one of the good guys is entirely beyond me. And of course the Tome is too tempting a target for the real Big Bad of the season to keep his hands off, so of course Gil's trying to claim its' power for himself. He's just smart enough to have a convincing cover story ready when Chrono busts his operation, then gets the mages to clean up his own mess for him while he retires in comfort instead of being executed like he should have been.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 16:48   Link #325
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Ok, this is the first time I've written something like this and I even don't know if I've done it right or not.
Also, since english isn't my native language there is a big possibility for grammatical errors. Please bear with me.
--------------------------------------------------
Spoiler for Character:
--------------------------------------------------
I'm planning on doing some fan-fic too, centering this character.

Advice of what could be better, history errors, grammatical errors, impossibilites etc. is very appreciated.

Oh, and the picture of Barret, I made in PS very quick. It's so bad it's laughable.
Welcome to the thread. I see you still haven't changed the 100% hit chance of Hyperion Shot since the last PM, might want to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
First, Kero, explain to me why Gil didn't approach Hayate as soon as he knew she had the book.
For what purpose? Negotiating with her? What will that acomplish? Aside from the fact that Hayate would never agree to let her knights hunt for Linker Cores, you still have an aproaching apocalyse on your hands. Remember: Nobody, and I mean nobody, knew that Hayate would be able to take command of the Yami no Sho. Everyone thought -via experience- that as soon as the book is completed it goes berserk with no chance of recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
We don't know anything about the book's previous meisters save for the fact that the Wolks vaguely recall that Hayate treats them unlike any of their previous masters. With this in mind, it's highly likely that every master of the Tome prior to Hayate tried to complete it using the Wolkenritter to gather power from LCs. This time, however, the bureau has the opportunity to gain the cooperation of the book's meister and possibly debug it (keep in mind that the bureau doesn't know the book can't be debugged prior to activation). So long as there was a 1% chance of saving Hayate--and obviously there was--any good honest man would do everything in his power to save her.
Like I said, they tried getting the book. It didn't work. Plus, they didn't even know the book was bugged to begin with prior to Yuuno's research. To them, it was a tool of destruction. Debugging was never part of anyone's plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
But what does Gil do? "Oh well, poor girl's picked up the Tome, too bad for her. We'll just ignore all chances of gaining her cooperation and fixing the damn thing and sentence her to an eternal Deep Freeze once she hits 11 or so. But hey, at least she'll be happy with her new family for the one pathetic year she has left before we mind-rape her and stick her in the fridge!"

How anybody in the entire fandom could possibly mistake Gil for one of the good guys is entirely beyond me.
Quite simple: The Yami no Sho has been a wild weapon of mass destrucion for decades, possibly more. Now Graham finally has a chance to end it all and freeze it with the minimal number of casualties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
And of course the Tome is too tempting a target for the real Big Bad of the season to keep his hands off, so of course Gil's trying to claim its' power for himself. He's just smart enough to have a convincing cover story ready when Chrono busts his operation, then gets the mages to clean up his own mess for him while he retires in comfort instead of being executed like he should have been.
Its a fun wild theory, but got any proof to support it? So far pretty much all of canon points against you.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:02   Link #326
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Frosty Scandinavia
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Welcome to the thread. I see you still haven't changed the 100% hit chance of Hyperion Shot since the last PM, might want to fix that.
Damn, I thought I fixed that O_o. Stupid Notepad. Fixed.
__________________

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:03   Link #327
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Estavali's Halls of the Night Sky (Cadian Outpost)

Shockingly, I finally mustered enough resolve to actually put my OCs on writing. Will wonders ever cease? Maybe the next thing coming is a proper OC post, and the Moon will be draped blue the next time she graces our skies .

In any case, here shall the Halls of the Night Sky stand, an outpost for my "children". Expect updates.... whenever the Hammer hits hard enough .

Character Profiles

~ Yunie Sednar and Evalanthi

Notes

On translator devices

Of Suuwal and Shaytan:
Part 1 &2

And a cold wind blows in these halls....For now. Or so I hope.
__________________

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2009-02-21 at 09:59.
Estavali is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:03   Link #328
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Keroko is a 'skifter', though they are also known as 'dimension travelers' 'eternal warriors' 'world shifters' or whatever term the particular world has for them, if any. Skifters are a natural defence mechanism of the multiverse whenever an inbalance appears. Skifters are send to fix that inbalance, be it through good or evil. Whenever a skifter dies, they are send to the next world.

Okay, so this is not always true, its an excuse I sometimes use to explain to the other members of the world why Keroko has powers that shouldn't appear in that world (if she has them) the discovery of Nanoha gave me a new excuse, which I happilly abuse when inserting Keroko into the Negima storyline.
If I import I just tend to adapt the char to the setting and have him be a normal member of the world. That Keroko/Neg crack needs to be written by the way.

Quote:
O_o If you're importing the FMP Keroko, then I hope you are looking for some fights, because like I said, she is war-hungry. To keep a long story short: She is the direct oposite of a whispered, she has no knowledge of black technology, but her physical capabillities are through the roof. Unfortunately that comes with an insatiable hunger to use that power, but since she is somewhat willing to listen to Tessa and Mao (because they're woman in command) Mithrill manages to guide her physical ferocity for a good cause.
“She might a viscous violent berserker, but she’s OUR viscous violent berserker.”

Quote:
Let's hope one of them is a diplomat then.
I don’t get why it would even an issue if all of them even exist that basiclly proves that “many worlds” is in effect and thus them meeting wouldn’t do anything besides cause some confusion.

Quote:
Go. Finish. Now. DVD encodes are waiting.

Anyway, his was pretty much the same, a huge boost in stats.
Yeah I should get around to that too I mostly only skimmed the stuff that came after the HQ attack.


Quote:
So is Nanoha:

[Mil-Otaku Mode]
That’s acutally an electrically driven gatling gun a chain gun is a different weapon similar in that both use an external power source rather then harnessing some of the energy of the cartridges themselves to cycle the weapon, but still different concepts. The most well know chain gun is probably the M242 25mm weapon used on the Bradley fighting vehicle though other sizes right down to small arms exist. The main advantage of this type of weapon is very high reliability examples have been know to fire over 100,000 rounds without a stoppage.
[/Mil-Otaku Mode]

Now as Compensation for that nonsense some video of a what a Mini-gun can do!
Spoiler for Video Spam:

"Gun GOOD!"

Quote:
Rogue Squadron, Tk. Rogue Squadron.

Rouge is a makeup.
Well it is Rouge squadron in the fic partly so it doesn’t seem like so blatant a rip off but it’s also a sort of backhanded reference in itself since rouge in French acutally means just “Red” so technically it would be “Red Squadron” in French (the original founder before Keroko was French and the squadrons paint scheme is red). It seems like I’m getting them mixed up already though.

Quote:
Because its not 80. Its 25. And with the new expansion, they're going to lower it to 10, which is less then most shooters fill their servers with these days.
Well whatever it was still pretty much impossible to even attempt in a pick up manner. (ten would still be a stretch, but not impossible)

Quote:
Tesla: *shakes head at the one-way com* You just keep thinking that. Meanwhile I have already ordered the compromised men to evacuate. They should be safely back home by now.
“The compromised guys on my ship that’s currently in an alternate sub-dimension flying to another galaxy at thousands of light years a second…? That’d be a neat trick acutally I kind of want to see if they can manage it let’s find out.”

*presses a button to open an air lock and dump the guys out the back where they simply explode*

“No doesn’t seem like they can.”
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:04   Link #329
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
For what purpose?
Well gee, I don't know, how about getting the bureau's top LL researchers to examine the thing and see if there's a way to deactivate it or something? Once they figure out that the master program is a device, get some Meisters on the job to see how it interfaces with the rest of the book. Pick apart its' code, question the Wolkenritter, chuck it down a black hole, it doesn't matter what you do but do something instead of giving up and dooming an innocent girl to an early death.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:31   Link #330
stormturmoil
Field Medic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Just bear in mind that even at the end of A's, the Tome of the Night Sky HAS NOT BEEN DEBUGGED!

All that happened was that the defence program was separated out, delaying but not stopping the book from going berserk again. That's the whole reason the book had to be destroyed and Reinforce I killed. Because otherwise, the STILL CORRUPTED book would have rebooted it's defence program and done it all over again.

And the only reason THIS halfway solution was possible was because the Book WANTED it to happen, because Hayate Had treated it differently than any other master before it. That's why Reinforce tried to keep Hayate dreaming in the book: as long as Hayate remained in the book, the book could not kill her. And with the books reincarnation function active, there is no reason such a state of affairs couldn't go on forever...But Hayate wasn't for wearing that, and managed to -with the books explicit consent and assistance- seize control of the book and perform admin functions. But the book was still corrupted...

But Nobody in the Bureau knew any of this until the actual battles, least of all Gil Graham. As far as anyone was concerned, the Yami-No-Sho was exactly what Chrono Described it as " an incredibly dangerous magical Tome that CANNOT be stopped".

Yuuno explained that attempts to seal or destroy the book before completion simply led to the book absorbing it's current master and reincarnating somewhere else. If the master is taken out before it's complete, the book reincarnates somewhere else.

Once complete, of course, the Defence program takes over, and the book, according to Yuuno and Chrono " devours everything around it and grows infinitely in size."

Hence the only window for Gil Graham's plan is immediately after the book's completion, but before it goes berserk.

The biggest flaw in the Gil=Bad guy argument, though, is that he has no motive to seize the book himself.

what could he gain? Power? he's already the top person in charge of the whole TSAB.

Personal power? maybe the book's reincarnation power as a form of immortality?

the book can't have more than one master, and the moment it's master is gone, IT chooses the next. More to the point, being immortal for the ten minutes you'd get before the book goes berserk and destroys you along with everything around you (as far as anyone knows) isn't a terribly good deal.

knowledge? He's got the infinity library for that.

The only motive for Gil I can see here is unfinished business bordering on revenge. It killed his friend Clyde, it shattered a family, it stained his record, it caught him napping, and it'll do it again unless Gil ties up that nagging thread for good. The only way he can see of doing that is the plan he puts forward, because that's what experience from the other masters has told him.

So he found out who the next Master was, and set her up, waiting until she seized the power for her own. He knew about the WolkenRitter collecting pages, but probably assumed they were working on Hayate's orders, not realising it was even possible for them to do the collection off their own bat in secret.

(this might also have served as a sap to his conscience, believing that if she'd ordered the WolkenRitter out to collect pages, that Hayate had been tempted by power and turned as bad as the other masters...)

so he, Lotte and Aria help 'Hayate's' collection along, and when the time is right, they enrage Hayate to keep her off balance and occupy her, making her waste her time where she might've been in control (and so able to oppose them) until the defence program takes her over and starts to go berserk.

At which point, they freeze her and the book, and seal her into a limbo dimension.

It's a rational transaction, right? one life for thousands...maybe millions if the Arc-en-Ciel doesn't arrive in time...

except, of course, that she wasn't asked, and as Chrono said, such things have a way of being found...(One Ring to bring them all?)

As for why she wasn't asked...well, Hayate as of first receiving the book would probably have actually gone with the plan. After spending some time with the Wolkenritter, maybe not so much...

More to the point, though, the book would probably have recognised any such attempt to persuade it's master and made like Yuuno says happens when the master is interfered with before completion: absorbed the master and reincarnated elsewhere, leaving the plan useless in any event.

If Gil Graham is guilty of anything, it's faulty judgement bordering on obsession, as well as an unhealthy 'ends justify the means' string of rationalisations,
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:33   Link #331
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
If I import I just tend to adapt the char to the setting and have him be a normal member of the world. That Keroko/Neg crack needs to be written by the way.
Geh, I'll work on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
“She might a viscous violent berserker, but she’s OUR viscous violent berserker.”
... I can actually see Kurz say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I don’t get why it would even an issue if all of them even exist that basiclly proves that “many worlds” is in effect and thus them meeting wouldn’t do anything besides cause some confusion.
Oh trust me, its not the meeting between Keroko's I'm concerned about, but the general lack of fights available for FMP Keroko. No fights for a long time causes her to look for fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
[Mil-Otaku Mode]
That’s acutally an electrically driven gatling gun a chain gun is a different weapon similar in that both use an external power source rather then harnessing some of the energy of the cartridges themselves to cycle the weapon, but still different concepts. The most well know chain gun is probably the M242 25mm weapon used on the Bradley fighting vehicle though other sizes right down to small arms exist. The main advantage of this type of weapon is very high reliability examples have been know to fire over 100,000 rounds without a stoppage.
[/Mil-Otaku Mode]

Now as Compensation for that nonsense some video of a what a Mini-gun can do!
Spoiler for Video Spam:

"Gun GOOD!"
... I should facepalm, but then I kinda knew this was gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well it is Rouge squadron in the fic partly so it doesn’t seem like so blatant a rip off but it’s also a sort of backhanded reference in itself since rouge in French acutally means just “Red” so technically it would be “Red Squadron” in French (the original founder before Keroko was French and the squadrons paint scheme is red). It seems like I’m getting them mixed up already though.
And Rogue Squadron used to be Red Squadron. Complete circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
“The compromised guys on my ship that’s currently in an alternate sub-dimension flying to another galaxy at thousands of light years a second…? That’d be a neat trick acutally I kind of want to see if they can manage it let’s find out.”

*presses a button to open an air lock and dump the guys out the back where they simply explode*

“No doesn’t seem like they can.”
*behind Tesla the door opens and the undercover agents step in*

Tesla: Good to see you made it back safely.

Agent 1: Yes ma'm, we used Dimensional Transfer as soon as we got the message. They should not even have had the time to react to our departure.

Grunt: Huh? Then who did he just dump out of the airlock?

*onboard Tk's ship*

Trusted Lieutenant:
.... Bob? ....Mike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Well gee, I don't know, how about getting the bureau's top LL researchers to examine the thing and see if there's a way to deactivate it or something? Once they figure out that the master program is a device, get some Meisters on the job to see how it interfaces with the rest of the book. Pick apart its' code, question the Wolkenritter, chuck it down a black hole, it doesn't matter what you do but do something instead of giving up and dooming an innocent girl to an early death.
Because they already tried the research route, and they ended up with a dead admiral, who knows how many crewmembers, and a ship that had to be blown up with their own weapons before they even got to the research part. You forget that the Yami no Sho has a self-protection program that will activate against its masters will. Chucking it down a black hole will do no good since it will just come back again. Despite all your denial, Graham's sollution was the most effective one. Yes, in the end Hayate managed to save the day, but might I add that nobody, not even Reinforce herself, predicted that outcome?

Edit: Wow... so much Graham ranting.
__________________

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-05-26 at 17:54.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 17:52   Link #332
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
....

I still can't wrap my head around Gil = Good Guy, but I do see your point, Kero.

I'm probably the only one who's reading him this way, but for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, Gil gives me a severe case of Gilbert Durandal vibes, and not just because of his name. I cannot help but feel that he is up to no good somehow. My initial idea post-StrikerS was that he was connected somehow to the High Council, maybe the Navy's version of Regius or something.

...bah, enough conspiracy theories, time to get back to work on Kiritsugu.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:10   Link #333
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00

Name: Asclei Foresythe
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Height: 171 cm
Weight: ?? kg
Place of Birth: 367th Aldian research facility
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Dark Red
Mage Type: Aldian Knight
Magic Array: Aldian
Magic Color: Dark Red
Elemental Affinity: Lightning
Mage/Knight Rank: SS+
Threat Level: SSS

Known as:
The Ark of Lightning,
13th Lance,
Blood Hound of Aldia,



Affiliation:
Aldia - One of the thirteen kings lance
Albion - One of the Seven Arks





Combat Vest (Barrier Jacket):
Primary Phase, Delta Form




Arms (Device): Silvance

Catch Phrase: “Ittou Ryoudan” ( 一刀両断)


Combat Vest:

Delta Form: Asclei’s default barrier jacket. The thoracic plate enforces the defense of Asclei’s chest area. It also prevents any direct attacks on the linker core like what Lotte did to Fate in the 2nd season.



Arms: Silvance
Arms Type: Combat Arms (V1-4)
Arms Storage Form: Card (V1-4)
Arms Modes: Assault Form – Zweihander
Twin Blade Form – Two singled edged swords (
Gunnerz Form – Rifle (
Foresythe Form – A giant scythe with 2 blades attached to its sides
Kryton Form - Two blades joined together by a hilt located at the center.





Spoiler for Personality:




Extra...in other words, sketches >_<

Spoiler for Long Haired Asclei:


Spoiler for Short Haired Asclei:



Spoiler for Break:



I did mention that Asclei transforms whenever he needs to spy on others and gather informatin...right? Anyway, Lanos and the others didn't know about what form Asclei transforms into. However, Fate later found out about it.

Here's a sketch of Fate's expression when she realized that the person before her is...well...you can pretty much tell XD.

Spoiler for eeeeeeeeh?!!!!!!!!!!!:




http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=356

Last edited by Silvance; 2010-07-10 at 23:41.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:14   Link #334
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Subspace, Texas
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
You guys enjoy that minigun 'kay?

In the mean time, I'm working on an idea that in the big island fight, the main disposal storage site is going to have to be disposed of in and of itself to keep the S-21 punks from getting away with it.

In short, Roland gets all 'Scortched Earth Tactics' on it...

The question now is: "How much explosive content is the MAIN bunker (At the disposal site) storing?

100 tons?

Spoiler for BOOM!:


2-300 tons
Spoiler for BOOM!!!!:



400 tons?


((Watch the hat on the guy in the lower corner.))
Spoiler for Boom + language:



Or...

500 tons?

Spoiler for M M M M MONSTER BOOM:
__________________
"Escalating a war is not how I envisioned this vacation..."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
"Because people dig birds with swords."
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:22   Link #335
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
If Gil Graham is guilty of anything, it's faulty judgement bordering on obsession, as well as an unhealthy 'ends justify the means' string of rationalisations,
"faulty", "unhealthy" 'ends justify the means'?

Tch as noted there was NOTHING faulty about his reasoning and it was morally correct under a number of ethical systems. The good of the many is a TOTALLY viable and accepted foundation for making choices when confronted by ethical dilemmas which by there very nature are difficult and tend to lack a decisive "right" answer. Whether you agree with it is something else, but to say his logic was faulty or he wasn't using valid ethical judgment is simplistic and absurd IMO, and can only vaugely even be argued based on an outcome he couldn't have foreseen as even possible given the information available to him.

IMO he used sound judgment and made his decision based on the information he had and given the same information I'd have supported his plan completely. One little girl to possibly save and entire world and dozens even hundreds more in the future? Only the most thick headed and philosophical of twits would even attempt to debate this issue. Hell if his plan had worked as intended he'd likely have been hailed a HERO. It's only by applying knowledge gained afterwards that he had no way of knowing that one can make ANY sort of argument his plan was amoral or unethical which is totally unfair and amounts to Sunday morning quarter backing.

The plan was cold hearted perhaps, and seems more so since we all happen to like Hayate but that's not the same thing as being wrong or amoral and to try and make him seem like a villain base on it is just outright character assassination IMO.
__________________



Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:38   Link #336
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Duh, it's only a AA-rank dragon against S-rank Signum after all.
Yeah...So much for Red Dragons in the Nanohaverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, that about sums up Tesla's reaction when she was in that position.
I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You better! I need to know what I can and cannot do with Koji and his specialties.
Eh? What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
That's our Signum-nee...enemy does a massive flashy summon, and she brings it down, cool as ever.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So is Nanoha:

O-ok....

*runs*
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:39   Link #337
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
"faulty", "unhealthy" 'ends justify the means'?

Tch as noted there was NOTHING faulty about his reasoning and it was morally correct under a number of ethical systems. The good of the many is a TOTALLY viable and accepted foundation for making choices when confronted by ethical dilemmas which by there very nature are difficult and tend to lack a decisive "right" answer. Whether you agree with it is something else, but to say his logic was faulty or he wasn't using valid ethical judgment is simplistic and absurd IMO, and can only vaugely even be argued based on an outcome he couldn't have foreseen as even possible given the information available to him.

IMO he used sound judgment and made his decision based on the information he had and given the same information I'd have supported his plan completely. One little girl to possibly save and entire world and dozens even hundreds more in the future? Only the most thick headed and philosophical of twits would even attempt to debate this issue. Hell if his plan had worked as intended he'd likely have been hailed a HERO. It's only by applying knowledge gained afterwards that he had no way of knowing that one can make ANY sort of argument his plan was amoral or unethical which is totally unfair and amounts to Sunday morning quarter backing.

The plan was cold hearted perhaps, and seems more so since we all happen to like Hayate but that's not the same thing as being wrong or amoral and to try and make him seem like a villain base on it is just outright character assassination IMO.
That's what I tried to convey in IRC when discussing the issue. Something about Graham being seen as a calculating powerhungry pig rubbed me the wrong way. Then the card "Graham is a fcking idiot who has no place in TSAB's higher hierarchy if he could not think of a plan to save a little girl" has been played. Then, excuse me, I pointed out Harry Truman. Is he an idiot for using the atomic bomb? In his context, he did the right thing, by putting a quick end to the war and save dozens or hundreds of thousands of GIs who could have been killed while trying to invade japan.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:48   Link #338
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
That's what I tried to convey in IRC when discussing the issue. Something about Graham being seen as a calculating powerhungry pig rubbed me the wrong way. Then the card "Graham is a fcking idiot who has no place in TSAB's higher hierarchy if he could not think of a plan to save a little girl" has been played. Then, excuse me, I pointed out Harry Truman. Is he an idiot for using the atomic bomb? In his context, he did the right thing, by putting a quick end to the war and save dozens or hundreds of thousands of GIs who could have been killed while trying to invade japan.
That's quite different, Sheba.

The arguement was initially made under the belief that Gil had perfect or near-perfect intelligence about the internal workings of the BoD, the presence of Reinforce, the viral defense program, and the Wolkenritter. Now it's since been pointed out to me that the bureau didn't have anywhere near perfect intelligence on the Book so my argument went south rather quickly, but the Harry Truman example doesn't hold up because Truman didn't have perfect intelligence on the Japanese forces, the resolve of the people, etc. If he had had perfect intelligence, and he still couldn't come up with a plan besides nuking the place, then he would have been an idiot in my decidedly-less-than-professional opinion.

You know, I'm ready to drop this discussion any time if you guys are.
__________________

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 19:09   Link #339
stormturmoil
Field Medic
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
"faulty", "unhealthy" 'ends justify the means'?

Tch as noted there was NOTHING faulty about his reasoning and it was morally correct under a number of ethical systems. The good of the many is a TOTALLY viable and accepted foundation for making choices when confronted by ethical dilemmas which by there very nature are difficult and tend to lack a decisive "right" answer. Whether you agree with it is something else, but to say his logic was faulty or he wasn't using valid ethical judgment is simplistic and absurd IMO, and can only vaugely even be argued based on an outcome he couldn't have foreseen as even possible given the information available to him.

IMO he used sound judgment and made his decision based on the information he had and given the same information I'd have supported his plan completely. One little girl to possibly save and entire world and dozens even hundreds more in the future? Only the most thick headed and philosophical of twits would even attempt to debate this issue. Hell if his plan had worked as intended he'd likely have been hailed a HERO. It's only by applying knowledge gained afterwards that he had no way of knowing that one can make ANY sort of argument his plan was amoral or unethical which is totally unfair and amounts to Sunday morning quarter backing.

The plan was cold hearted perhaps, and seems more so since we all happen to like Hayate but that's not the same thing as being wrong or amoral and to try and make him seem like a villain base on it is just outright character assassination IMO.
I was presenting the likely Bureau view after the fact, particularly based on the fact that it would likely be Chrono doing the reporting (history, winners...)

sorry if that wasn't clear...I was presenting what he could be accused of, if someone wanted to, not what I would accuse him of.
For, while he is obviously somewhat obsessed with the book to some degree (he's been running a covert plot off company time for eleven years...), his plan is not obviously flawed from a technical standpoint.

The plan itself, like I said, is a rational transaction...one life against Thousands, and I can accept that.

The Bureau doesn't have to accept it. In a Bureaucracy, there always Has to be someone to blame.

Bear in mind, Chrono obviously feels that annihilating thousands of Earthers with the Arc-en-Ciel is preferable to compromising his principles over Gil's plan. If he wanted, he could have just let them carry on with it, or even pitched in with it. And this is before he knows any different than they do and that there may be an alternative.Instead, he arrests them, derails the plan and proceeds to deliver an ultimatum to the cast that is only narrowly averted by a blue sky idea that just happened to work out.

Personally, I think Gil was doing the right thing based on what he knew. The fact that he got caught and stopped does not necessarily invalidate that. But it's highly likely that many of the particulars of the 'Mage attack' and 'book of Darkness' cases that were handled less than perfectly would have been piled onto Graham's plate after the fact because hindsight is always 20/20 and just because he'd make a convenient patsy for other parties in the bureau.

And so Gil Graham Stands down after A's before he can be accused of unsound judgement, faulty reasoning etc.
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 19:14   Link #340
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
That's quite different, Sheba.

The arguement was initially made under the belief that Gil had perfect or near-perfect intelligence about the internal workings of the BoD, the presence of Reinforce, the viral defense program, and the Wolkenritter. Now it's since been pointed out to me that the bureau didn't have anywhere near perfect intelligence on the Book so my argument went south rather quickly, but the Harry Truman example doesn't hold up because Truman didn't have perfect intelligence on the Japanese forces, the resolve of the people, etc. If he had had perfect intelligence, and he still couldn't come up with a plan besides nuking the place, then he would have been an idiot in my decidedly-less-than-professional opinion.

You know, I'm ready to drop this discussion any time if you guys are.
You assumed that an aging officer has near perfect intelligence? Oh wow.

There are not such a thing as perfect intelligence ever.

EDIT: Even so-called geniuses like Lelouch or Light Yagami acted like retards on few occasions.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.