AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-05-29, 06:13   Link #261
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Watched so many already, and I've forgotten the names of some.
These are the ones I remember (and like).

1. Promise of Love at the Dolphin Bay
2. Silence
3. Jumong
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Sassy Girl Chun-Hyang
6. The Frog Prince
7. Love Story in Harvard
8. My MVP (not sure about the name of this one but it's a drama with lots of high school basketball)
9. Couple or trouble
10. Makeover beauty
11. First love of a royal prince

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-06-19 at 04:54.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 18:10   Link #262
Nervous Venus

I'm sorry, I can't stomache some dramas, the ones that are too mushy, stretch for long periods of time, and like to spell out everything for you, as if you are stupid.

Favorite dramas would have to be:

Koi no Chikara
, although the ending felt a bit rushed, and sometimes the actors hammed up the characters too much.
kabachitare! , no complaints, not even about Yamapi oO;;; ( Well, I didn't like Yamada Yuu's acting. She was pretty terrible back then.)
Yasashii Jikan - nino love <3,
Summer Snow - and I don't even really like Domoto Tsuyoshi (he always looks like he's smoking weed during Domoto Kyodai).
and koi ga shitai x 3

as for taiwanese, " mars" w/ vic and barbie.
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 22:45   Link #263
nanafan
horo fan

i think i totally forgot to include nodame cantabile, hana kimi (Japanese and taiwanese), it started with a kiss 1 and 2, hotaru no hikari..can't think of any others

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 14:20   Link #264
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am watching this other show called Gal Circle which is about teenage girls esp Kogal's problems are dealt with by a Japanese Cowboy XP .. All I have to say is move over DDR here comes PARA PARA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Nice, I adore Toma Ikuta. I'll look up that show, it sounds pretty interesting. If possible, you should type up your opinion/review of it.
Okay now I can give my opinion review I finally watched the series . This is one of those show where logic has to take a back seat and you have to go with the flow .

Deep meaningful guess not funny hilarious and sweet guess it is . Its a drama about 5 otakus and how they strive to make Akihabara a better place . These group of individuals solve crimes with there eccentric and outlandish skills . Everyone in this group has a dark past or an issue which dont let them assimilate into society .

Though otaku inadequacies are mentioned rarely they been explored . We dont feel bad for them , thats the major difference Densha deals with fears and repercussion being an otaku . But this show doesnt deal with that , its a light hearted show .

The mission or quests will keep your interest the crimes like mugging rape and assault have been downplayed to go with the the theme .

This show has its fair share of awesome characters Kitamura Kazuki (Takeshi Nakagomi) and Akira ( Yuka Kosaka ) . Let em say its not everyday where you meet your Tsundere Kick Boxing Maid (Akira) . I wouldnt call it a great show but I would have to say I enjoyed every episode of it
Old 2008-06-08, 15:26   Link #265
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Collage Videos

First the Guys

Then Maki Chwaan
Old 2008-06-08, 15:28   Link #266
Irkalla
I asked for this

No seriously, all those guys are prettier than her XD
Old 2008-06-08, 18:48   Link #267
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Wow, love that first video, it included pretty much all of my favorites:
-Ninomiya Kazunari (Letters from Iwa Jima)
-Mizushima Hiro (HanaKimi)
-Ikuta Toma (HanaKimi, Aki@deep...kyaaaaaaa! My 2nd favorite)
-Akanishi Jin (Gokusen2)
-Matsumoto Jun (sooo many, my 3rd fav, Hana Yori Dango, Bambino, Kimi wa petto, Gokusen, etc.)
-Oguri Shun (#1!! Hana Yori Dango - the dreamy Hanazawa Rui, GTO, Densha Otoko, HanaKimi, Gokusen, Detective Conan, etc.)
-Kimura Takuya (wonderful actor: Beautiful Life, Long Vacation, Hero)
-Nishikido Ryo (Attention Please)

2nd video of Horikito Maki! Love that pretty girl ^_^

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 20:11   Link #268
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Strongest Chil Woo

* Title: 최강칠우 / Choi Kang Chil Woo
Also known as: Strongest Chil Woo
* Genre: Historical
* Episodes: 20
* Broadcast network: KBS2
* Broadcast period: 2008-Jun-09 to 2008-Aug
* Air time: Mondays & Tuesdays 21:55 (9:55 Korean time)

Synopsis

Kang Chil Woo is a lowly officer during the Joseon era. Chil Woo is not a very smart and one of his life long goals is to become a midlevel officer. However when night falls, he is no longer that low level officer but instead a top assassin in an assassination organization. He gives out punishment to criminals and gives justice where needed. So Yoon and Chil Woo have a tragic love story. Yeon Doo is the daughter of a fallen yangban who owns a textile shop. She falls in love with Chil Woo after he rescues her from thugs who were harassing her.

Cast

Eric as Kang Chil Woo
Goo Hye Sun as So Yoon
Kim Byul as Yeon Doo
Yoo Ah In as Heuk San
Old 2008-06-10, 00:00   Link #269
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
japanese
hana kimi
attention please
hana yori dango 1 and 2
absolute boyfriend
nodame cantabile
tawainese
it started with a kiss
they kiss again
summer x summer
love contract
fated to love you
Currently watching this Taiwanese show right now (still airing).
Title: Fated to love you / Sticky note girl / Destiny Love
Spoiler for Picture:

Synopsis:
Quote:
A really unfashionable working class girl Chen Xin Yi has the desire to tie down her handsome boyfriend to be with her. Due to certain reasons, her boyfriend gets her to go on a love cruise and she started to ponder on how to lose her virginity and tie down her boyfriend. Xin Yi ended up taking cold medicine which made her drowsy and went into Ji Cun Xi's room. Cun Xi is the sole male heir to his family's company and has been in love with his girlfriend, Anna, for a long time. He planned to propose to Anna on the boat but she didn't turn up on the cruise. An island owner added drugs into Cun Xi's drink and Cun Xi became disorientated and returned to his own room. Xin Yi and Cun Xi end up having a one night stand. Xin Yi later finds out that she's pregnant and Cun Xi's grandmother forces them to get married. Will a couple forced to marry for the sake of their unborn child find love with each other?
It's actually turning out to be pretty good ^_^ I recommend it!

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-06-10, 13:26   Link #270
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am following 2 LVAs at the moment I am not following any dramas . The two LVAs are

Quote:
* Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Spoiler for Space:
Quote:
* Shinigami no Ballad

Spoiler for space:

I might pick up two korean dramas this week Iljimae <clik> and Strongest Chil Woo

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-06-10 at 13:38.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 15:18   Link #271
nanafan
horo fan

boku to kanojo XXX short but really funny, has open ending just heads up
i kinda gave up on fated to love you not sure why... too much drama??
i also heard that there is going to be a live action of skip beat starring ariel lin.. interesting eh?

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love

Last edited by nanafan; 2008-06-14 at 15:18. Reason: meh
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 18:03   Link #272
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Has anyone seen the live-action movie for Lovely Complex done in 2006? I've seen the anime, but just now learned about some live-action adaptation about it. There seems to be limited information on it. If anyone knows much about it, please give your opinion on it ^_^

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-06-14, 22:58   Link #273
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Has anyone seen the live-action movie for Lovely Complex done in 2006? I've seen the anime, but just now learned about some live-action adaptation about it. There seems to be limited information on it. If anyone knows much about it, please give your opinion on it ^_^
You Should Ask Geta Boshi He Saw it....I Saw it for 5 min and Dropped it >_<
Old 2008-06-19, 09:13   Link #274
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Cool Hana Yori Dango Movie

Finally The Moment I Been Waiting For Since Ever...Only About 10 Days To See The Movie..

It on 28/6...Oh I Wanna See it Now...Jun-Kun
Old 2008-06-19, 18:08   Link #275
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Finally The Moment I Been Waiting For Since Ever...Only About 10 Days To See The Movie..
It on 28/6...Oh I Wanna See it Now...Jun-Kun
Whoa, whoa, movie?! I never even heard of this! How long has it been around? I'm going to get right on this ^_^ Thanks for the heads up Chaos-chan~

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-06-19, 18:27   Link #276
Nervous Venus

Marina, I just bought a copy of Lovely Complex movie a few months ago. Viz has it licensed and it's available for purchase, so there should be plenty of information on their site.

I don't want to spoil it for you, but to be succint: A lot of the comedy is slapstick, Japanese humor, so it's either hit or miss with Western audiences. I thought it was hilarious, and certain scenes were really poignant. However, I wish they fleshed out the supporting cast some. It was like they were there just to cheer the couple on :/

They also changed some characters, took out some characters, and kind of screwed with the story to fit it all in.
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 20:35   Link #277
BrokenWingz

So I finally finished my exams, time to hit the drama / anime / game stack I've been stacking up.

Friend gave me My Girl, Goong, Witch Yoo Hee. Watching Witch Yoo Hee atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Yoo Hee

Sypnosis:
As the director of her father's advertising company, Ma Yoo Hee (Han Ga In) is known as a witch for her ruthless, no nonsense character. After a string of failed attempts to hire a housekeeper, she (literally) runs into Chae Moo Ryong (Jae Hee), ex-medical student turned aspiring chef. As a way to work off his debt for crashing into her car, he agrees to become her housekeeper and personal love affairs coach for one month. Gladly, he gives her a makeover that attracts both her old friend Johnny Kruger (Dennis Oh) and her first love Joon Ha (Kim Jeong Hoon). Despite having a girlfriend, Sung Mi (Jun Hye Bin), Moo Ryong eventually finds himself falling for Yoo Hee.
Notice a familiar face?! Why yes! Main reasons that got me to watch this was a recommendation and how awesome it is to have Jae Hee from delightful girl choong hyang. Most ironic his name going from Mong Ryong into Moo Ryong

Cooking is also a somewhat a smaller theme in this drama, another + imo.
Old 2008-06-20, 03:03   Link #278
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
I like Japannese Drama.The drama i curently watsching is Tadashii Oujisama no Tsukuri Kata (How to Produce a Prince)
Old 2008-06-20, 03:08   Link #279
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, movie?! I never even heard of this! How long has it been around? I'm going to get right on this ^_^ Thanks for the heads up Chaos-chan~
There is Only 2 Trailer Out Now...You Have To Wait For 8 Days To See The Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
Notice a familiar face?! Why yes! Main reasons that got me to watch this was a recommendation and how awesome it is to have Jae Hee from delightful girl choong hyang. Most ironic his name going from Mong Ryong into Moo Ryong
I'm Gonna Watch That For Sure...I Liked His Acting is Sassy Girl (Only At The End )...

and Also...I Don't Know How But I Start Watching Sassy Girl Again
Old 2008-06-20, 18:37   Link #280
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Marina, I just bought a copy of Lovely Complex movie a few months ago. Viz has it licensed and it's available for purchase, so there should be plenty of information on their site.

I don't want to spoil it for you, but to be succint: A lot of the comedy is slapstick, Japanese humor, so it's either hit or miss with Western audiences. I thought it was hilarious, and certain scenes were really poignant. However, I wish they fleshed out the supporting cast some. It was like they were there just to cheer the couple on :/

They also changed some characters, took out some characters, and kind of screwed with the story to fit it all in.
Hmmm...well, I like to try things at no matter what. If it's a series, I try to watch at least 3 to give it a chance. If it's a movie, I try, I dunno, about a half hour (usually I just watch it all). That would make me sad if they changed my favorites...as long as they keep Toma Ikuta and Oguri Shun, I'm happy!

My Anime List

ISML

Tags
drama, live action