AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 25 22.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-29, 12:32   Link #21
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
huh? like?
Klan Klan being shot down by Brera. At most she's injuried.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 12:34   Link #22
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Klan Klan is a really cute kid. Wonder why Brera is fighting Klan....

Damnit, I need to find a raw for this episode.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 12:40   Link #23
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Klan Klan being shot down by Brera. At most she's injuried.
shot down doesnt necessary means she gets killed or anything
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 12:46   Link #24
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
shot down doesnt necessary means she gets killed or anything
Are you sure? I'm not mother tongue so I've always associated the verb to making a fighter going boom.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 12:49   Link #25
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
No, just because her unit was shot doesn't mean she's been killed. I've seen the phrase used in plenty of other anime and many of those characters lived in the end.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 12:52   Link #26
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
No, just because her unit was shot doesn't mean she's been killed. I've seen the phrase used in plenty of other anime and many of those characters lived in the end.
Ah ok it's better because loli Klan Klan is very nice!
Anyway I think Brera attacked Klan Klan because she (together with Michael and Alto) was going to capture his unit. I'm starting to think that purple unit is some kind of enhanced valkyrie.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 13:04   Link #27
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 29
Spoiler tags, please. -_-
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 13:10   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
This is episode 9 discussion so it is a given spoiler thread for said episode.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 13:10   Link #29
justsomeguy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Are you sure? I'm not mother tongue so I've always associated the verb to making a fighter going boom.
That's because we normally use missiles to make a fighter go boom, or a fighter goes boom when it hits the ground. You neglect that a pilot can eject, or somehow land a plane riddled with bullet holes.

"Shot down" refers to what happens to the plane/mech, not the pilot. When a pilot is "shot down," that means he loses his plane/mech, not necessarily his life.
justsomeguy is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 13:20   Link #30
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Spoiler tags, please. -_-
We're talking about episode 9 in episode 9 thread and you're asking us to use spoilers? If you haven't see the raw/don't want to be spoiled what about not reading the episode 9 thread until you see the proper episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
That's because we normally use missiles to make a fighter go boom, or a fighter goes boom when it hits the ground. You neglect that a pilot can eject, or somehow land a plane riddled with bullet holes.

"Shot down" refers to what happens to the plane/mech, not the pilot. When a pilot is "shot down," that means he loses his plane/mech, not necessarily his life.
You're right, thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why I didn't realize it myself, but whatever...
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 14:54   Link #31
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Macross Frontier episode 09
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Macross F ep09:
Rules:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink.
When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

Notes: the current shortage of Macross F screencaps is quite disheartening...

BTW, was that KK slapping Mikhail's Messiah in the face?

EDIT: link busted. Refer to Omniscient's Blog if you desire screencaps - or better yet, go acquire the raw at the dedicated download outlets.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-05-30 at 00:36. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 15:49   Link #32
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
We need more Klanservice episodes.
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 15:56   Link #33
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Notes: the current shortage of Macross F screencaps is quite disheartening...
I think I may know the solution to your problem. I first noticed this last week, but it seems that there's a much more comprehensive list of screenshots that gets posted in the subsection just below the one that the episodes normally appear in (which is probably why they don't bother reposting it all again). It can be somewhat tricky to find at first, though, since they take a whole bunch of shows and throw all the screenshots into the same thread. Just look out for the thread titles.

Spoiler for Alternate Explanation:

Hope that's useful.

Spoiler for Relevant to My Interests, Episode 9:
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 15:58   Link #34
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
There was a video on nicovideo, or what seems to be MacrossF 9 anyway, but it redirects to a Haruhi video for some reason.
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:00   Link #35
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Macross Frontier episode 09

BTW, was that KK slapping Mikhail's Messiah in the face?

yup slapped in the face
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:03   Link #36
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Episode centered around Michel... Not bad. Not bad at all !

Spoiler for Thoughts and comments about the ep:
Kikuchi is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:05   Link #37
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Klan and Mikhael?:
That's freaky....I don't know why, but that's just so freaky...
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:06   Link #38
Tabris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 26
By freaky, don't you mean one of the most adorable things you've ever seen?

If you say no to that, you are a liar.
Tabris is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:07   Link #39
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That's freaky....I don't know why, but that's just so freaky...

michel is a puppet ;o
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 16:09   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
By freaky, don't you mean one of the most adorable things you've ever seen?

If you say no to that, you are a liar.
Erm....
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.