AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-12, 14:54   Link #1
pnoy_kakashi

how do u play things that are mp4

my window media player opens when i click on a movie with that codec... and it only plays these sounds that make no sense and it says its like 3 hours long so on..... so how do i play this? btw its a movie... oh btw it says codec is = mp43?! if that helps
Old 2004-04-12, 15:49   Link #2
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoy_kakashi
my window media player opens when i click on a movie with that codec... and it only plays these sounds that make no sense and it says its like 3 hours long so on..... so how do i play this? btw its a movie... oh btw it says codec is = mp43?! if that helps
ffdshow can decode mp43 (also known as Microsoft MPEG4 v3). You'll also need a mp4 splitter if you don't have one already.
Old 2004-04-12, 21:10   Link #3
pnoy_kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzz
ffdshow can decode mp43 (also known as Microsoft MPEG4 v3). You'll also need a mp4 splitter if you don't have one already.

i installed that ffd show thing... but then i installed this defiler pack... is that the same? oh btw what plays mp4-3... windows media player? or quicktime?
Old 2004-04-13, 00:09   Link #4
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoy_kakashi
i installed that ffd show thing... but then i installed this defiler pack... is that the same? oh btw what plays mp4-3... windows media player? or quicktime?
No, codec packs are evil and should not be supported. You're just screwing yourself by using them.

Any directshow player (read: pretty much any video player for windows) can play mp43 as long as you have ffdshow installed (and configured to decode mp43, not sure if it's on by default or not).
Old 2004-04-13, 01:26   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

How to watch Naruto 1 - DVD version? (.mp4)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread