AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-18, 15:17   Link #61
Snuffle
likes cute things

Wow... I'm surprised you were able to play Hoshigami... That game annoyed me so much I had to sell it! The main and probably the only reason was the battle system... you were pretty much forced to use that combo system for every damn enemy you need to kill >_>;;....

Just a small warning, the "use certian class" happens about half of the time for the story battles. Like i said before, I find it interesting, so I'm able to enjoy it.

Now for a little rant, sorry about this ... This part really bothered me in IGN's review...

More troubling is the fact that some of the objective-based battles are infuriating. For example, an early battle in the game gives you six characters to defend an entire row of hexes from enemy penetration. If a single opponent steps on that side of the map, you instantly lose. Worse still is that every member of the opposing side belongs to a class with nearly unlimited movement range, and they have a force twice as large as your own. I wasted hours trying to best this battle, where a single mistake would let one guy through and ruin your previous twenty minutes of play time. It was absurd.

I just passed this mission... Only took me 2 tries cause I wasn't expecting what happened later in the battle. Allow me to correct this "professional reviewer"...

- yes just 6 characters to defend... but there are road blocks and you only need 3 of yours at 2 of them and adjust them to the enemy movments.

- they do NOT have nearly unlimited movement range... yes they can move twice the range of you BUT... they cant turn... can only move in straight lines... so its very easy to predict where they would go >_>;;;

TIPS: 2 with geomancers skills, 2 mages, last 2 whatever else, I used fighters. And also have 2 (preferably) of your characters have that skill that allows moving and using spells. Shut Out will save your ass here!!

That is how I did it, I'm not saying this is the only way.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 12:53   Link #62
CheoChiem

Send a message via AIM to CheoChiem Send a message via MSN to CheoChiem
Are there any new good games for the psp or do anyone know if they are going to keep making games for the psp thinking of getting it but not sure if it is worth it
CheoChiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 06:41   Link #63
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

I wish I still had my PSP. There's been a HUGE drought of good DS games lately.
Old 2008-05-30, 12:19   Link #64
CheoChiem

how do you guys feel about monster hunter 2 and monster hunter 2 g ??
Old 2008-05-30, 12:25   Link #65
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

O like Monster Hunter their real addicting ya know
Old 2008-06-01, 21:37   Link #66
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

They should at least release a remake on Wild Arms 2, game that don't get its justice. I forgot the link, but those in Japan apparently make a wishlist for game remake, and Wild Arms 2 fortunately appeared on the 10th position. I don't think re-releasing in PS2 or PS3 would be viable, but PSP is just possible. Just enhance the graphics and/or battle system, then you would get the RPG game that make me spill tears for its touching story until today.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 12:17   Link #67
CheoChiem

Quote:
They should at least release a remake on Wild Arms 2, game that don't get its justice. I forgot the link, but those in Japan apparently make a wishlist for game remake, and Wild Arms 2 fortunately appeared on the 10th position. I don't think re-releasing in PS2 or PS3 would be viable, but PSP is just possible. Just enhance the graphics and/or battle system, then you would get the RPG game that make me spill tears for its touching story until today.
yuup they should it would be awesome
Old 2008-10-09, 03:49   Link #68
Sides

Just read the PSP Plus article over on kotaku.
I don't know having 2 consoles on, to play one game? I mean just release a non standard usb cable so we can hook up the DS3 directly onto the psp seems to be a much more easier solution and energy efficient as well. IRC Sony do have a patent for a direct connection for the PSP and DS2/3 controller.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:56   Link #69
Lebron
I hear voices

Uh, don't really know where I should post this, but since it's on the PSP guess I can just drop it here.

Leaked trailer of Final Fantasy: Agito XIII trailer from TGS
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J7f_SXoFGsY

Gameplay looks pretty cool. Also, love the Crisis Core engine. It's amazing what they're doing with the PSP these days.

edit: Jumped the gun too early. Not from this years TGS. It's apparently from last year, when the game was still only for cell phone.

Last edited by Lebron; 2008-10-11 at 22:25.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote