AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-13, 10:13   Link #81
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph View Post
Alto's passion for flying reminded me of Isamu Dyson, character-wise he is somewhat more prudent and cool-headed. I like the fact that he isn't your typical clueless male when he is with Sheryl and Ranka. In fact, that's one of the reasons why Sheryl likes Alto, because he acts quite natural with her.
He treats them nice, keeps it respectful, and isn't awkward to be around. He's casual and listens to them, takes in whatever they have to give, and doesn't exaggerate his responses. He doesn't nitpick.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-13, 10:55   Link #82
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You think the fact he looks like a girl helps them feel comfortable talking to him? The first episode seemed to imply that with Ranka.
It's probably a bit of an icebreaker in Ranka's case, but I don't know if it'd affect any of his other relationships.

I doubt it for Sheryl; she's not really a character who seems to care what anyone else looks like. Klein Klan and Cathy haven't shown that they particularly care, and the only other girl that Alto's shown to have any interaction is Nanase - and they've known each other before the show started.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 06:08   Link #83
CaptGloval
New Macross soon
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macross 30 Emigration Fleet
I think we should start counting how many VF-25s Alto piloted were wrecked.
CaptGloval is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 06:20   Link #84
herbert
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Galactic Fairy Fanclub
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I think we should start counting how many VF-25s Alto piloted were wrecked.
good idea. At current rate, Alto would soon surpass Hikaru in breaking variable fighters.
__________________
herbert is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 07:48   Link #85
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Wonder if those things come out his pay check.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 15:10   Link #86
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hard to say if the one from the training exercise was totalled or not.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 15:15   Link #87
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
An arm (still a civvy), a leg ("trainning exercise with a Vajra") and now an entire VF-25.

As Ozma said that thing is expensive.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 15:19   Link #88
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
An arm (still a civvy), a leg ("trainning exercise with a Vajra") and now an entire VF-25.

As Ozma said that thing is expensive.
It's just his way of asking for a custom rig.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-05-16, 17:56   Link #89
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Babuyan Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's just his way of asking for a custom rig.
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
NoOneKnowS is offline  
Old 2008-05-17, 02:28   Link #90
Pathis87
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: belgium
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
Lol don't think he will get it custom painted , cause that Bobby would so spray "hime" on it in pink
__________________

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline  
Old 2008-05-19, 12:19   Link #91
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
squaresphere is offline  
Old 2008-05-19, 16:59   Link #92
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
As far as I am concerned, the 'princess' is still in training. We will have to see how his character develops. His inability to hold against two smaller Vajras in a closed compartment is not a testimony of his 'less-than-desirable' battroid skills. The odds were against him, the terrain, the units, everything. Otherwise, he held up pretty well against Quran during the training as battroid. In fact, he was shot while in fighter mode.

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-05-19, 18:11   Link #93
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's just his way of asking for a custom rig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
And that VF wasn't his to begin with too. I do wish he'd get a customize VF for himself. Or at least have his VF custom painted.
As a rule, there isn't a whole lot of leeway for customization in the Macross shows. Macross Frontier already pulls off as much as we normally see with Alto in a standard configuration (white), Ozma in a commander setup (grey), Michel as long-range support (blue) and Luca as communications and sensors (green). I expect Alto to close out the show with the same model white VF-25 that he's used all along. The obvious exception to all of this is Macross 7, but it doesn't count for all sorts of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
While Alto's great as a Valk pilot in Gerwalk and fighter mode, I kinda think he's only average at best in battleroid mode. This could be the fact the he was way more experiance flying than ground combat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
As far as I am concerned, the 'princess' is still in training. We will have to see how his character develops. His inability to hold against two smaller Vajras in a closed compartment is not a testimony of his 'less-than-desirable' battroid skills. The odds were against him, the terrain, the units, everything. Otherwise, he held up pretty well against Quran during the training as battroid. In fact, he was shot while in fighter mode.
I think that the more telling point is that it's Alto's inexperience and recklessness that led to him getting shot up so much. I wouldn't be surprised it it ends up being the reason he gets chewed up next. I also expect that he'll get shot up another time or two before Macross Frontier is over.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2008-05-20, 17:13   Link #94
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's true he does seem to have problems paying attention. Though I suppose it's impossible to stay 100% focused, 100% pf the time.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-05-31, 22:03   Link #95
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
After watching 9 episodes, I think the voice acting of Altoh is mediocre. Ranka Lee hasn't been great either but Altoh probably the weakest compared to other lead male voice actors from other anime series.

Altoh's character design is also a bit shallow, but I will give it some time to develop.. but perhaps its pretty common the most popular character is usually not the main one.

I'm guessing most people are fans of either Sheryl or Ranka, followed by Ozama and then maybe Mikhail.
vision33r is offline  
Old 2008-05-31, 22:28   Link #96
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
After watching 9 episodes, I think the voice acting of Altoh is mediocre. Ranka Lee hasn't been great either but Altoh probably the weakest compared to other lead male voice actors from other anime series.
Could you provide at least an example? Because I think Nakamura is doing a good job on him. As for Ranka's voice, that is mostly deliberate. Her role was intended to be played by an amateur. Ranka Lee's voice would be Nakajima's first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm guessing most people are fans of either Sheryl or Ranka, followed by Ozama and then maybe Mikhail.
It would appear that folks over at the Chinese forums are rabid fanboys of Sheryl. Personally, I am more of a Quran Quran fan myself. Then again, I am also a Milia fan...

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:29   Link #97
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Alto's kinda been a blank slate atm, especially compared to Sheryl and to a lesser extent Ranka. I think Nakamura has also done a fine job but he just hasn't been given much to work with yet since all Alto seems to do so far is yell and blow stuff up, or get annoyed by Sheryl/Michael and yell at them.

Alto/Nakamura should get more shine once it gets into the details with his father as well as when the love triangle starts to really move.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 12:36   Link #98
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
It was hinted at that he's just going with the flow right now. He's not doing anything for himself or for the long term.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 23:50   Link #99
vision33r
Oldskool Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Could you provide at least an example? Because I think Nakamura is doing a good job on him. As for Ranka's voice, that is mostly deliberate. Her role was intended to be played by an amateur. Ranka Lee's voice would be Nakajima's first.



It would appear that folks over at the Chinese forums are rabid fanboys of Sheryl. Personally, I am more of a Quran Quran fan myself. Then again, I am also a Milia fan...

- Tak
If you listen to Nakamura's tone, he sounds a bit too old for a 17 yr old boy. Especially in Ep 9, Altoh is either yelling or he's acting as snobbish as Kanda from D.Grayman.

Can't blame him too much, Altoh is a pretty boring character so far.
vision33r is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 02:38   Link #100
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
There's nothing wrong for a character to sound older than they are, especially if it's a matter of their circumstances. I never would have imagined that Sheryl was really 17 until she started spending time around Alto, but that's simply a consequence of growing up too fast. Likewise, if Alto was on the stage from age 10, it's not surprising that he would have had to have matured fairly early. There's also the issue of having run away from home; he would have had to have learned to fend for himself much earlier.

From the earlier episodes, Alto clearly feels like he has a lot to prove. I suspect that part of his confrontation with Michael in episode nine resulted from the statement that Alto is 'playing war'. Seeing how upset Alto was over his inability to do anything while trapped in episode three, it's not surprising that it's a sensitive issue for him.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.