AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 6 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 35.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-30, 16:00   Link #41
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Is this really shoujo? If so, then I'm enjoying it more than other shoujo series for some reason.
Old 2008-05-30, 19:50   Link #42
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Is this really shoujo? If so, then I'm enjoying it more than other shoujo series for some reason.
Yep its shoujo since the manga is out in Lala (I think) every month.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2008-05-30, 20:04   Link #43
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm glad that the pieces are starting to come into place now. Ruka's motivations have become all the more explicit now, and we're getting these little glimpses into the nature of the upper echelons of the vampire and hunter worlds. The interaction between Zero and Yuuki was probably my favourite scene. As I've said earlier, the most interesting thing for me in this series is the romantic attractions (and urges) between characters, and how it's so different for vampires than it is for humans. Personally, I think there's this huge commentary on sex taking place with all the blood-sucking stuff. In fact, I'd say it's almost completely reasonable to think of blood-sucking as the some sort of vampire version of sex.

I still think execution sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, but this seems to be getting a lot better.
Old 2008-05-31, 01:11   Link #44
Guido

Gunshot of Lamentation

With the introduction of Ichijou grandfather, the show establishes the political landscape that paints the peaceful facade of Cross Academy.

Both the Hunters Association and the Vampire Senate are working behind the scenes. The uneasy passiveness throughout Cross Academy is nothing but a fraud; the front face to make it seem appear that both factions are terms with each other.

Kaname knows better how much power Ichijou's position holds in the Vampire Senate, and that's why let slip the former's transgression with discrete indifference. Even if he knows that life at Cross Academy is a farce, Kaname doesn't wish to end it in a strepitous manner as to call forth a violent bloodshed among Vampire clans. Or something else that may cause a power vacuum, which would bring again another war between Vampires and humans.

On the other hand, from this point onwards the Hunter's Association is going to put pressure on Zero. They sent him the order to hunt that Level E, in order to make their point clear to him, albeit in a subtle but concise manner, that they view him as no different from the creatures that he hunts down.
However, this is well juxtaposed with Yuukis' thankful remarks that he saved both her and the unconscious girl from that vampire, thus, making Zero to realize that as long as he has a heart he would never betray Yuuki.
Old 2008-05-31, 09:42   Link #45
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
You can easily tell its shoujo by the character designs (art style), Shoujo tends to follow the same style for some weird reason...
Old 2008-05-31, 14:32   Link #46
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I Liked This Ep...The Animation Was Good ..
But I Didn't Like That Old man ..Icijou Grandfather
I Give it 9/10
Old 2008-06-01, 02:07   Link #47
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I'm glad that the pieces are starting to come into place now. Ruka's motivations have become all the more explicit now, and we're getting these little glimpses into the nature of the upper echelons of the vampire and hunter worlds. The interaction between Zero and Yuuki was probably my favourite scene. As I've said earlier, the most interesting thing for me in this series is the romantic attractions (and urges) between characters, and how it's so different for vampires than it is for humans. Personally, I think there's this huge commentary on sex taking place with all the blood-sucking stuff. In fact, I'd say it's almost completely reasonable to think of blood-sucking as the some sort of vampire version of sex.

I still think execution sometimes leaves a bit to be desired, but this seems to be getting a lot better.
foreplay!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-06-01, 07:45   Link #48
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Personally, I think there's this huge commentary on sex taking place with all the blood-sucking stuff. In fact, I'd say it's almost completely reasonable to think of blood-sucking as the some sort of vampire version of sex.
Frankly, this is a given in most vampire stories, especially ones in which they're supposed to be attractive. Vampire stories in which bloodsucking in not a metaphor for sex would be the exception.
Old 2008-06-01, 16:10   Link #49
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Finally watched it. First off Ichiou was pulled over better in the anime I think, maybe its the voice. That whole scene was done very well. Poor Aidou gets slapped again. Second...yes Kaname-sama, I want to be punished too Thirdly Ichijou's is so cute!!
Ah you just had to feel for Ruka in this epi, that also came off very well.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2008-06-01, 20:49   Link #50
Mirakuru

Actually I was just about to post about how great Ichijou was in this episode. =D I think he has one of the best personalities in the series.. I mean, Yuuki even thinks he's so friendly that he doesn't really act like a vampire. And of course, Shiki's blood whip was awesomely animated. ^^ I love how it kind of seemed like a vine.
Old 2008-06-02, 03:40   Link #51
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

another slap? O.O *tsk tsk*
Old 2008-06-02, 10:02   Link #52
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfirefly View Post
another slap? O.O *tsk tsk*
Actually in this case, Kaname slapping Aidou was a good thing. A good thing for Aidou, that is. If Kaname hadn't stepped in and done something to stop Aidou -- something that the older vampire would consider acceptable punishment -- the situation could have gone very badly for Aidou. Kaname saved Aidou from a more harmful retribution at the hands of the older vampire. One of the other Night Class vampires said this very thing later on, that Kaname was actually protecting Aidou more than reprimanding him. (I've forgotten who said that.)

My suspicion is that Kaname felt the same way that Aidou did about the older vampire's suggestion. Unlike Aidou though, Kaname is (1) a more savvy player of vampire politics and (2) more accutely aware of the potential danger the older vampire presented.

Can you tell I've forgotten the older vampire's name?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
Old 2008-06-04, 04:29   Link #53
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Actually in this case, Kaname slapping Aidou was a good thing. A good thing for Aidou, that is. If Kaname hadn't stepped in and done something to stop Aidou -- something that the older vampire would consider acceptable punishment -- the situation could have gone very badly for Aidou. Kaname saved Aidou from a more harmful retribution at the hands of the older vampire. One of the other Night Class vampires said this very thing later on, that Kaname was actually protecting Aidou more than reprimanding him. (I've forgotten who said that.)

My suspicion is that Kaname felt the same way that Aidou did about the older vampire's suggestion. Unlike Aidou though, Kaname is (1) a more savvy player of vampire politics and (2) more accutely aware of the potential danger the older vampire presented.

Can you tell I've forgotten the older vampire's name?
yeah i cant tell i dont know his name too
Old 2008-06-04, 20:46   Link #54
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yep its shoujo since the manga is out in Lala (I think) every month.
Additionally, the manga writer is female.

If you read the manga (no manga spoilers here), it should become obvious with the strong romantic leanings of the series. However, Japanese romances are not like American ones. I don't care for American romances (except for Sleepless in Seatle), but Nihonjin romances, such as this one, often carry enough "action" in them, and also enough depth plot outside the romance, to make it interesting to most male audiences, IMO.

As for me, being a romantic fool, the romance adds to, not detracts, from the rest of the story.

Currently one of my favorite mangas, almost of all time!

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-06-09 at 20:30. Reason: make the warning bolder
Closed Thread