AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-05-22, 17:25   Link #221
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Her phone is great, design wise.

Her phone is virtually indestructible. It won't damaged when dropped, crushed, thrown or beaten. Its like a stress ball.

Its waterproof, therefore washable. Soft, therefore fits in any bag, container or pocket comfortably.

Its 'skin' could be made of extremely high tech fabrics like nanocarbon cloth, which may save your life in rare chances. If you put in your chest pocket, it may save you from a chest stab or bullet to the heart.

Im sure the phone can come in any shape and size and will fit anyone. From stuff toys to skulls.
And you can use it as a pillow and put your head on it for an afternoon nap.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2008-05-22 at 22:25.
iamandragon is offline  
Old 2008-05-22, 20:18   Link #222
SymphonicRain
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Or useful during lonely nights >.> <.<
SymphonicRain is offline  
Old 2008-05-22, 22:27   Link #223
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
*Scratches head for thinking dirty* No! I mustn't!

Seeing her phone reminds of Botan of CLANNAD the game....I won't be surprised when one day(episode) it started running...
iamandragon is offline  
Old 2008-05-28, 05:44   Link #224
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Or useful during lonely nights >.> <.<
... perhaps why she chose that particular model of phone...



*RUNS*

----

And Ranka Lee now has her own Social Group!

All Ranka Fans Join Up
__________________

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline  
Old 2008-05-28, 09:10   Link #225
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper


Hey Lowe does this mean we could all get exclusive Ranka little green phones and cute little backpacks looking like what Ranka uses?
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline  
Old 2008-05-28, 09:13   Link #226
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Though the actual phone is too high tech for us, I guess a plush phone sleeve that looks like it could be possible. I wonder if they'll sell some? And rig it to make cute noises when it's squeezed?
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-05-29, 14:59   Link #227
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post


Hey Lowe does this mean we could all get exclusive Ranka little green phones and cute little backpacks looking like what Ranka uses?
I want her jammies.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 07:26   Link #228
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Did anyone notice Brera Sterne's eye color(EP09 ~14:53) is similar to Ranka's?
encia is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 19:05   Link #229
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Did anyone notice Brera Sterne's eye color(EP09 ~14:53) is similar to Ranka's?
Yes! I noticed. ^__^ He also has a yellow Greenish hair. It was the same color he had when he was on that hill. It wasn't just the sunset. Now that I've seen the subs for 9, he is definitely connected, not only to Ranka, but to the vajra.

Instead of talking about Ranka's jammies, I can't believe noone is discussing all of the shady stuffs about her. I am so intrigued by this girl's issues, and she has no idea something is coming her way. We clearly know more to her now compared to earlier episodes.

She and Brera--who is connected to the vajra--both know Aimo. Ranka attracts Vajra with her voice. Something glowed in Ranka's belly one time. (I'm having bad vibes about this. I don't think it's an implant anymore.) Ranka is supposed to be the only survivor in her family from that investigatory fleet. What did that fleet investigate? Not only that, Ranka also has an effect on Sheryl's earring. (The earring came from Sheryl's mother and it's her only memento of her.) Add the fact that Leon is wary of Ranka and possibly the president. Really, the only good thing I can see from all of this is that, the story sure has its eyes on Ranka who wants to be "heard" by everyone. Once she is "heard", what happens next?

This is also why I don't think Ranka's singing career will work. It would be really good if it did, but I don't see it lasting since people will probably notice something whenever she sings and will start boycotting her. I hope it doesn't come to that. I just don't see Ranka as the "savior" of this Vajra threat. She clearly has an opposite effect. It's sad especially if I recall what she said to Alto about wanting to tell everyone "she exists." If she is meant to sing, then is she also meant to attract Vajra?



As for ep. 10...

Spoiler:
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 19:48   Link #230
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
She and Brera--who is connected to the vajra--both know Aimo. Ranka attracts Vajra with her voice. Something glowed in Ranka's belly one time. (I'm having bad vibes about this. I don't think it's an implant anymore.) Ranka is supposed to be the only survivor in her family from that investigatory fleet. What did that fleet investigate? Not only that, Ranka also has an effect on Sheryl's earring. (The earring came from Sheryl's mother and it's her only memento of her.) Add the fact that Leon is wary of Ranka and possibly the president. Really, the only good thing I can see from all of this is that, the story sure has its eyes on Ranka who wants to be "heard" by everyone. Once she is "heard", what happens next?
That depends largely on why Ranka wants to become a star. While it's clear that she looks up to Sheryl, that on its own isn't a complete reason. I think that an important element of Ranka's character growth will be in showing why she wants to be heard, and the message that she wants to share through her songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
his is also why I don't think Ranka's singing career will work. It would be really good if it did, but I don't see it lasting since people will probably notice something whenever she sings and will start boycotting her. I hope it doesn't come to that. I just don't see Ranka as the "savior" of this Vajra threat. She clearly has an opposite effect. It's sad especially if I recall what she said to Alto about wanting to tell everyone "she exists." If she is meant to sing, then is she also meant to attract Vajra?
The quote you're looking for is from episode three. Ranka tells Alto that when they were trapped earlier in the episode, she felt that she wanted to be able to tell everyone that she exists. At which point Alto raises a critical point: in order to do so, Ranka must first tell them something about herself. Singing itself is just a medium for conveying feelings, and it's those feelings themselves that matter the most. It's not enough for Ranka to prove her existance; she has to find her reason for being, and through that, her own message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
As for ep. 10...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 20:12   Link #231
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Ever notice how our lil' vajra pet and Ranka have similar hair color? Factor in the anti-gravity capability of her hair plus the fact she was part of the "research" fleet when first contact was made. Not to mention that the pet vajra keeps following Ranka around....do we have a walking, talking, singing hybrid vajra here?

Or more to the point, the story has now made it possible that our cute lil Ranka is really the human interface / controlling mechanism for a biological weapon platform.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-06-01, 20:25   Link #232
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Ever notice how our lil' vajra pet and Ranka have similar hair color? Factor in the anti-gravity capability of her hair plus the fact she was part of the "research" fleet when first contact was made. Not to mention that the pet vajra keeps following Ranka around....do we have a walking, talking, singing hybrid vajra here?

Or more to the point, the story has now made it possible that our cute lil Ranka is really the human interface / controlling mechanism for a biological weapon platform.
Well.... shoji kawamori already mention the reason ranka has the ablility to move her hair like that was because she is one-quarter zentradi
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 02:31   Link #233
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
The quote you're looking for is from episode three. Ranka tells Alto that when they were trapped earlier in the episode, she felt that she wanted to be able to tell everyone that she exists. At which point Alto raises a critical point: in order to do so, Ranka must first tell them something about herself. Singing itself is just a medium for conveying feelings, and it's those feelings themselves that matter the most. It's not enough for Ranka to prove her existance; she has to find her reason for being, and through that, her own message.
We probably saw a different subbed version of that scene. In episode 3, I'm sure Alto told her that she wouldn't be able to tell everyone if she stayed the same way she is. For sure. He meant something like, "if you want to be heard, go out there and tell them." I think proving her existence is enough to convey her message. Proving one's own existence includes showing oneself to everyone. Besides, my point is, I find it sad that her ambitions are bound to get foiled because of her connections to Vajra.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I checked out ep 3 Macross Zero just now. Thanks, I get it lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian
Ever notice how our lil' vajra pet and Ranka have similar hair color? Factor in the anti-gravity capability of her hair plus the fact she was part of the "research" fleet when first contact was made. Not to mention that the pet vajra keeps following Ranka around....do we have a walking, talking, singing hybrid vajra here?

Or more to the point, the story has now made it possible that our cute lil Ranka is really the human interface / controlling mechanism for a biological weapon platform.
I hated Vajra after I saw how that egg hatched with that nasty slicking sound. Plus the sight of the nest. Nasty creatures. :| The baby Vajra that's following Ranka is probably bad news. It just looks harmless but I'm not going to be surprised if it's thinking "kill kill kill" behind those cute gestures.

If Ranka were to be used as a weapon against the Vajra, she will most likely be used as a bait material. I'm kind of iffy about the existence of this wonderful biological weapon that can manipulate her Vajra magnet abilities into something offensive.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 06:23   Link #234
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
Ever notice how our lil' vajra pet and Ranka have similar hair color?
How do know the little green squeak is a vajra? Where's the spiral markings(refer to Macross Zero)?
encia is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 06:44   Link #235
glyph
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
How do know the little green squeak is a vajra? Where's the spiral markings(refer to Macross Zero)?
Spoiler for episode 9:
glyph is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 09:38   Link #236
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
We probably saw a different subbed version of that scene. In episode 3, I'm sure Alto told her that she wouldn't be able to tell everyone if she stayed the same way she is. For sure. He meant something like, "if you want to be heard, go out there and tell them." I think proving her existence is enough to convey her message. Proving one's own existence includes showing oneself to everyone. Besides, my point is, I find it sad that her ambitions are bound to get foiled because of her connections to Vajra.
Well, given that Alto tells her that "It's impossible," just before, his next line can't be him telling Ranka what she needs to do to be heard (without first taking the previous statement back, of course). It would need to be Alto telling Ranka what she would have needed to have done, were it to have been possible for her. Just an issue of syntax.

I guess I should rephrase my ideas a bit. What is Ranka's message? Let's say that Ranka gets everyone's attention, and they finally notice her. What will she tell them? It could be something as simple as sharing her love of music, or something as complex as a desire to end the conflict with the Vajra, but it hasn't been made obvious yet.

I'd say that any connection that Ranka may have to the Vajra could very well give her a reason to come out of her shell and sing, in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I hated Vajra after I saw how that egg hatched with that nasty slicking sound. Plus the sight of the nest. Nasty creatures. :| The baby Vajra that's following Ranka is probably bad news. It just looks harmless but I'm not going to be surprised if it's thinking "kill kill kill" behind those cute gestures.
It's entirely possible that they're going for the "Dr. Frankenstein's monster" effect. Just because something looks monstrous doesn't necessarily mean that it's evil. Ranka's little friend probably represents the bridge between humans and Vajra. What do you think the odds are that it'll come to her rescue when it reaches adulthood?

Ranka should name it. That way she could say something like "<insert name here> is that you?"
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-06-02, 18:04   Link #237
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, given that Alto tells her that "It's impossible," just before, his next line can't be him telling Ranka what she needs to do to be heard (without first taking the previous statement back, of course). It would need to be Alto telling Ranka what she would have needed to have done, were it to have been possible for her. Just an issue of syntax.

I guess I should rephrase my ideas a bit. What is Ranka's message? Let's say that Ranka gets everyone's attention, and they finally notice her. What will she tell them? It could be something as simple as sharing her love of music, or something as complex as a desire to end the conflict with the Vajra, but it hasn't been made obvious yet.

I'd say that any connection that Ranka may have to the Vajra could very well give her a reason to come out of her shell and sing, in the first place.
For now, Ranka's message is clearly to let everyone know there is a person named Ranka Lee existing in the universe. I think that message alone is more than enough. It tells us many things about her. She doesn't want to die as a nobody. She doesn't want to be sheltered in her comfort shell. She wants to do what she loves--to sing. Should her connection to the Vajra deviates her initial reason to sing, I can see her giving up her dreams of becoming a top singer like Sheryl and sacrificing herself to lure Vajra away from the people she loves. This would also coincide with her dialogue from a spoiler preview.

Spoiler for Ranka:


Somehow, I will both hate and love it once it comes to this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
It's entirely possible that they're going for the "Dr. Frankenstein's monster" effect. Just because something looks monstrous doesn't necessarily mean that it's evil. Ranka's little friend probably represents the bridge between humans and Vajra. What do you think the odds are that it'll come to her rescue when it reaches adulthood?
The odds of it becoming attached to Ranka once it matures is also good. Vajra vs Vajras? That would be a sight to see, and also heartbreaking if it gets shot down by Alto.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm
Ranka should name it. That way she could say something like "<insert name here> is that you?"
She might name it Nyan Nyan ^__^

Last edited by ani_d; 2008-06-02 at 18:26.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-06-04, 08:36   Link #238
encia
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: GMT 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Spoiler for episode 9:
Zola pet snake also has 3 eyes btw.
encia is offline  
Old 2008-06-04, 11:53   Link #239
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Yes indeed which the spiral markings found in Mayan island and the Birdman indicate that the Vajra is another Protoculture created organism.

Though Zolan snakes are intelligent and can read Protoculture writings.

Perhaps a colony established at the graveyard and birth place of space whales are not coincidence.

Upon dying space whale returns their lifeforce (spiritia) back to the planet Zola.

Space whales are the only known natural lifeform that can space fold.

Where the Vajra is an artificially created one.

Protoculture civilization started 500,000 years ago.

The White Whale is said to be a million years old.

Zola's surface was pock marked with craters which would indicate Zola was a target of the Protodevlin and their Supervision Army in the past.

Perhaps the Protoculture upon their retreat took their research on space whales with them.

Also perhaps their research about Anima Spiritia which led to the Protodevlin defeat.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-06-05, 02:08   Link #240
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Happy 19th Birthday to Megumi Nakajima!

Check out her birthday cake.

pinoy78 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.