AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 25 22.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 40.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 19.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-03, 04:40   Link #181
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Uh, yes, Ranka deserves an honest answer especially if it's something that's supposed to be no big deal. Everyone knows/will know he was with Sheryl eventually. He didn't really have to lie. I also don't see Why Ranka should feel guilty here. =/ Whatever did she do to Alto that should make her feel guilty? If you look at her POV, she had a fight with her brother, searched around for Alto's advice, pulled herself together believing Alto's on her side only to witness that her idol already got her hands on him. All she could do was back off, hence, why she never told him that she got discovered---despite the fact that it was because of him that she made it. If she could've straight up asked Alto why he was with Sheryl, then she could've felt better about everything. Afterall, they're just friends and Sheryl's her idol. It wouldn't be unnatural if she did ask. I wish she could've done that, but this just proves, Ranka lacks the initiative to express herself.
It's actually much simpler than that.

Sheryl is a celebrity. Even had Alto been interested in talking about his date with her, it would still be inconsiderate for him to do so; gossip spreads fairly fast, and it could have an undesired effect on Sheryl's career. In this case, the simplest solution is to just give Ranka a white lie, rather than telling her outright that he can't tell her (which would obviously raise some eyebrows from his present company). If anything, it reflects well on Alto's personality that he's willing to be discrete (I suspect that at least part of this comes from the fact that he comes from a famous family himself; so it makes sense that he knows how to hold his tongue.)

In hindsight, yes, everyone found out eventually, but neither Alto nor Sheryl could have predicted that Galaxy would come under attack. Both of them had thought that their date was going to be one of their last meetings, if not their last. So Alto's actions were appropriate given the information that he had available at the time (don't forget that he doesn't watch the next episode previews like we do).

To put it into perspective, also keep in mind Alto has known Ranka for a far shorter time than he has Nanase, Michael, and Luca. If he's not the type of person to share that sort of information with them, then it's unlikely that he's going to tell Ranka either. Likewise, when you look at how rarely Alto ever shares any information about himself, it shouldn't be surprising that he's tight-lipped about this as well.

I wouldn't say that Ranka lacks the initiative to express herself. After all, she was fairly unambiguous in expressing what she thought of her brother's opinion of her singing career in episode five (Ozma had clearly got the message by the start of the next episode ). Once she loses the comfort that comes with familiarity, though, then she starts to retreat into her shell. So her real challenge is to just be herself regardless of who's watching her.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-06-03, 19:36   Link #182
Misora
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
I was told to post this here instead.

Macross Frontier Ep 9 Fansub Comparison:

http://yesy-fansubs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1591

Only did the first 12 minutes.
Misora is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 07:30   Link #183
Westlo
Lets be reality
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Michael = ratings poison?

*1.0% (*3.0%) 05/31 (Sat) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS Macross FRONTIER

Though most shows last week lost rating from the week before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
I disagree.

The voice commanding Brera to destroy the Vajra nest in this episode sounded more like Kikuko Inoue (Grace in MF). It sounded specifcally like the voice she used for her character, Miria in the anime Claymore.
Kikuko Inoue also played "The Boss" in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater... I assure you she didn't use her Belldandy voice for her She has a tough/rough voice to go along with her normal stock voice.
Westlo is offline  
Old 2008-06-06, 19:30   Link #184
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Michael = ratings poison?

*1.0% (*3.0%) 05/31 (Sat) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS Macross FRONTIER

Though most shows last week lost rating from the week before.



Kikuko Inoue also played "The Boss" in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater... I assure you she didn't use her Belldandy voice for her She has a tough/rough voice to go along with her normal stock voice.
Yes, I've heard her as The Boss.. and she sounds sexy. She's not Tanaka Rie in terms of 'villianness' voices, but it's a lower voice than her usual Belldandy one.
Haesslich is offline  
Old 2008-06-07, 17:07   Link #185
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
I didn't think the animation was bad at all. You guys are really perfectionists.
Each series has its best animation episode and its worst, doesn't it? Or did I mean this episode was bad absolutely? If so, I'm sorry for Kim Yong Sik. I didn't mean to. Forgive my bad English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wow. Sorry, but I almost think you might not have eyes because even the most mundane scenes were pretty well animated. Almost as good as they came. I can't possibly see how you would think it was the 'worst'. Unless it's because I pointed out the foreign names and they magically makes it the 'worst'.
My eyes sure watched the lackluster ragged wooden actings in the episode. Action, movements, motion or whatever. I don't know whether it's because the episode director's laziness not to have issued necessary instructions, the animation director's cutting corners or his/her ability not able to meet the ep director's demand, but it can be hardly said that this animation was top notch except for some close-up shots. I also have something to say about figure, but don't have enough vocabulary to say such delicate things.

I don't care about foreign names as long as they are good animators. In fact I like Choi Eunyoung at Madhouse or Kim something working on Keroro or Gintama at Sunrise.
thirdlc is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.