AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-01, 09:22   Link #281
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
why again exactly are the novels/anime seinen........they seem more like a romance novel that girls would like? (then again i wouldn't really know since i haven't read them)
i mean the main "lead" character is a girl. isn't it.....isn't that like a quality of shoujo ?
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 09:27   Link #282
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
why again exactly are the novels/anime seinen........they seem more like a romance novel that girls would like? (then again i wouldn't really know since i haven't read them)
i mean the main "lead" character is a girl. isn't it.....isn't that like a quality of shoujo ?
Because it was serialized in a seinen magazine... perhaps?
Having Momo as the "lead" doesn't really mean it is shojo, by the way.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 11:39   Link #283
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I suppose. I mean not that'd i'd really know. but U'd figure like a pseudo......well i guess this isn't really a romance.novel or anything. thats more Like hantsuki......I dont even know how'd u describe SNB. Sorry for so many questions btw. People seems to have diverging opinions about the novel and anime being shoujo...but now that u mention it it is serialized in a seinen magazine. and most websites list it as seinen. but some people insist it's shoujo. lol...

SNB is kinda odd in I dont think it really "has" a category.....
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:24   Link #284
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Why does the label matter so much anyway - a show can be good or bad regardless of what tag gets attached to it. Best way to find out is to watch one episode, relying on superficial demographic labels is not going to get you anywhere most of the time.

No, the anime has no fanservice. And there is no romance either (unless we are talking some minor subplots involving the people in question in said subplot) - it is all about Momo's episodic adventures. think of the 6 episodes as 6 unrelated days of Shinigami's life. Its more about the people in each episodic adventure than it is about Momo.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:47   Link #285
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
yea I marathoned it all. it was quite awesome I must say!
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 15:49   Link #286
FireChick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
No, the anime has no fanservice. And there is no romance either (unless we are talking some minor subplots involving the people in question in said subplot) - it is all about Momo's episodic adventures. think of the 6 episodes as 6 unrelated days of Shinigami's life. Its more about the people in each episodic adventure than it is about Momo.
That's what I loved the most about Shinigami no Ballad. No fanservice! That's the type of anime that gets my attention! I love this series! I haven't watched it in a while since I finished it. I've been reading my book alot in school too. I think I'll go back to the anime again. The first episode was adorable in all kinds of ways!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 19:28   Link #287
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Went and listened to the audio dramas for "Hikari no Kiseki" and "Snow Rebirth".
Put in one word: "Sob"
Put in two words: "Emotionally Moved"

Spoiler for a few thoughts:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 00:13   Link #288
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
That's what I loved the most about Shinigami no Ballad. No fanservice! That's the type of anime that gets my attention! I love this series! I haven't watched it in a while since I finished it. I've been reading my book alot in school too. I think I'll go back to the anime again. The first episode was adorable in all kinds of ways!
exactly. too much fan-service is actually usually a turn OFF for me lol
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 19:26   Link #289
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
It was a so-so anime by ANN standards to me... since it was short i didnt mind watching all 6 episodes but there wasnt anything really interesting about it. Just random working days of a shinigami...
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 14:10   Link #290
Solafighter
Hige
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: God only knows
Great series.

There is no more to say.
__________________
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.