AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Potential Pairing - Multiple Choice Option
Alto x VF 171 32 12.31%
Ozma x Bobby 13 5.00%
Ranka x Sheryl 42 16.15%
Sheryl x Alto 199 76.54%
Yasaburo x Alto 5 1.92%
Ranka x Ai-kun 38 14.62%
Alto x Klan 14 5.38%
Ranka x Alto 54 20.77%
Ranka x Brera 37 14.23%
Klan x Michael 101 38.85%
Ozma x Cathy 111 42.69%
Luca x Nanase 41 15.77%
Wilder x Monica 41 15.77%
Alto x VF25 37 14.23%
Yasaburo x Alto's father 10 3.85%
Alto x Brera 18 6.92%
Grace x Ranka 12 4.62%
Nanase x Ranka 21 8.08%
Sheryl x Klan 24 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-14, 15:17   Link #181
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
As for the original three, I thought Rick/Hikaru was an idiot, Minmei was a b#$# from beginning to end, and Lisa/Misa, got the short end of the stick.
I concur. Misa was the most developed out of all three. Never understood what Hikaru saw in Minmei besides the star thing. Liked the ending, but the way there was quite painful.

Quote:
However, as a whole, I believe the main 3 in this series, is vastly superior to the big 3, in the original Macross series.
Yeah, there are likeable attributes for all three mains in MF. Where as in original Macross I had many facepalm moments (no, I have not rewatched), MF mains are actually doing quite well so far. Hopefully the maturity trend continues and they don't devolve in the remainder of the show.
Old 2008-06-14, 15:33   Link #182
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Remember when Sheryl went and kissed Alto on the cheek? Check the background. The light seemed to get brighter at that moment, as if the sun was focusing it's rays all around them as it went down.
It might just have been the sunset. But that was one really cute date. The part about Sheryl writing lyric on that oversized panties was just LOL.

Quote:
Another note, is they seem to love playing BGM when Sheryl and Alto do something together, yet there's hardly anything, when Alto and Ranka are together. Am I reading too much into this, or does it seem like even the animators and musical staff, give more flair to this pairing, than the Alto/Ranka pairing?
I think you might be reading a little too much in at this point. But then again, we all read tea leaves sometimes looking for signs that our favorite pairing is the right one. Yet if we are reading tea leaves, using Shin/Mao kiss in MZ and Aimo as a backdrop for the first kiss for Alto and Ranka is a dark omen indeed. My bittersweet meter was going through the roof there.

But speaking of BGMs, I just realized that one of the reasons I love this show so much is its effective use of songs. The use of Diamond Crevasse in Episode 6 as Macross Quarter was leaving and Aimo in Episode 10 from underwater kiss/Birdman ending were simply masterful. The way song and story interplayed send shivers down my spine. Those two clips are on my favorites at Youtube right now.

On a side note, did anyone notice some of Ranka's facial images (when she was shown in the movie - specifically right after she appeared in the opening scene of the movie, when she was in the water right before diving, and when she was singing Aimo in the movie) looked quite a bit mature and alot less loli-moe?
Old 2008-06-14, 15:38   Link #183
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Excessive use of SDF analogies to predict the future makes my head hurt.

I think one point that hasn't really been focused on is that Ranka already knew the answer to her question before asking. The purpose of asking wasn't to find information, but rather to see if Alto wanted to share the details with her or not. Her shock had to do with the fact that he wasn't willing.

Similarily, Ranka's reaction to finding out about Alto's past has to do with the fact that he didn't tell her about it. Alto is a closed book to her, and she knows very little about him as a person. This is one of the reasons why Ranka's interest in Alto comes across as more of a crush; she doesn't want to 'lose' Alto to another girl, but she doesn't know the first thing about him yet.

The cart comes after the horse.
Yes it was a shock to her that he didn't want to share information with her. But motives behind this are a mystery. She took it in a negative way but he might not have meant it as such. He might have just wanted to not make her jealous not hide facts about himself from her. Her inability to question him about his past is definitely a flaw for her but its something he has to overcome. This is very likely do to her shyness or naivety in matters of love but this shouldn't cheapen her feelings for him.

Quote:
You seem to be mixing a short term objective ("Protect Ranka!") with a long term one ("I want to pilot for SMS!").

I think the point here is not whether or not Ranka had some sort of an impact on Alto's piloting. There's nothing in the story as of yet that says that he pilots specifically for her sake.

But can you tell me what this issue has to do with romance? Let's say for the sake of the argument that you could successfully prove your point. What on earth could you conclude from it?
The fact is he never had the goal to pilot an SMS until he met and saved Ranka. He might have been interested in them but he was more focused on his current job. While I have clearly said the she's not the only reason she specifically pilots. She became a reason. He shown when the Vajra attacked when he was out practicing in his VF he had a flashback of Ranka and he went in to attack it. This doesn't necessary mean romance as I never implied but its a good basis for possible feelings. Normally you want to protect and fight for the people you care the most about.

Quote:
As an author's note to my post, I thought if we dive into the points I made a little more closely, we'll begin to see what is a more likely outcome to the current S/R/A love triangle. Looking at the original SDF-Macross would net you a similiar path and ending. Hence why I put all of the points in the romance thread, as I thought it would be easier to flesh out what directions and approaches the director and writers might take, and what possible endings would make the most sense.

In short, I think Ranka's going to have a bitter sweet memory of Alto and her singing career, and Sheryl will still retain her singing career(possibly scaled down), but gain Alto in the end. I believe the more people dive into this story, the characters, and consider the way the writers/director have done things so far, it will strengthen my argument more and more.

Not that they won't throw a monkey into the mess, however if there is some constents that appear in the story, it's an almost foregone conclusion to me.
While I do agree with most of the points you bring up about the characters you conclusions are a bit suspect. The characters in Frontier are quite different from SDF. Alto isn't Hikaru, who was in love with Minmey for most of the series for god knows what reason. Ranka isn't Minmey, who ignored her relationship with Hibari once she something else caught her eye. Sheryl isn't Misa, who was incapable of being an aggressor in her relationship with Hikaru.

While I agree pairing Alto with Sheryl would be the far easier opinion for the writers I don't see this is a foregone conclusion. Have you thought that Sheryl might be the one mistaking friendship for love? She's never had real friends so Alto is a breath of fresh air. Someone who is not overcome by her fame. Someone who she can talk too without holding back.

Alto himself has not shown an predisposition to be attracted to her as of yet. He has a personality that is very protective. He shows this by the reason going to the place where the Vajra attack in Ep1 and when he decides to join the SMS. Most of the misunderstandings by Ranka make her believe now that Alto and Sheryl are in a relationship. Which they are not. This is classic writers way of holding back a relationship until this is cleared up. Having Ranka overcome all these hurdles to begin a relationship with Alto is quite possibly especially as I see his leaning more towards Ranka at times. She just held back by her own shortcomings and his closed personality. Either way as an avid reader I wouldn't go counting your eggs till they're hatched.

Last edited by Slick_rick; 2008-06-14 at 16:41.
Old 2008-06-14, 15:55   Link #184
Slick_rick

Quote:
Okay, random thinking as I haven't sat down and watched the show today, but my mind wanders like this so bear with me.

Remember when Sheryl went and kissed Alto on the cheek? Check the background. The light seemed to get brighter at that moment, as if the sun was focusing it's rays all around them as it went down.

Another note, is they seem to love playing BGM when Sheryl and Alto do something together, yet there's hardly anything, when Alto and Ranka are together. Am I reading too much into this, or does it seem like even the animators and musical staff, give more flair to this pairing, than the Alto/Ranka pairing?

Will(always open to criticism)
You're reading way too much into in. When Ranka and Alto first met there was BGM, when they were attacked by the Hydra their was BGM, and when he was carrying her down the mountain again BGM. I could probably find more if I looked but that would be a waste of time. You might as well break out the paper plane argument cause both are pretty silly ways of trying to push a pairing.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:02   Link #185
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
You're reading way too much into in. When Ranka and Alto first met there was BGM, when they were attacked by the Hydra their was BGM, and when he was carrying her down the mountain again BGM. I could probably find more if I looked but that would be a waste of time. You might as well break out the paper plane argument cause both are pretty silly ways of trying to push a pairing.
Kind of like the people who say guy with long hair should be with girl who has short hair? Or the first girl the guy meets, is the one he gets? I see that argument in the Macross thread all over the place.

You're probably right, and I was just opening discussion on it as I didn't sleep good for the 2nd night in a row, so my mind is a little bit off today. Work's been slow the past hour or so, so I'm bringing out the laptop and going to watch the show again and see the scenes you mentioned, and the ones I mentioned for closer inspection.

I'm really just bored waiting for new episodes to this great series.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:16   Link #186
justinstrife

After reviewing the mountain scene and the earring scene, I do think you're correct into my looking too deep into the BGM somewhat. I do like the music better though for the earring scene, as it goes from light, to uplifting at the end. Where as the scene where Alto is carrying Ranka off the mountain was almost sad or sullen from beginning to end in terms of BGM score.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:24   Link #187
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
QRanka:

1) She is a young girl with a sad past. Her family was killed 11 years before, and she's being raised by an ex-military fighter pilot who has become a brother to her. Thanks to her mind blocking out those events of the past, she hasn't dealt with her past yet, and will need to become stronger mentally, so that she can finally move on and look to the future.

2) She has dreams of being like Sheryl. She loves to sing, and she wants others to hear her sing. She's alot like Lynn Minmei here, however, she's more grounded and humble as a person. How she becomes a star, and how she changes as a person because of it(does she stay grounded, or does she become like Lynn Minmei, or end up with a fake persona like Sheryl showed in the beginning episodes?).

3) At the start, she is a 14/15 year old girl, who has no thoughts on love and relationships, beyond that of what any typical young teenager girl might have. Right now, she only sees thinks in how they relate to her. Examples are of how she always talks about her brother won't let her do this, she wants to do that. She thinks this. She wishes that. She's all about herself. Not in a selfish way exactly, just that she hasn't really had a chance to grow up yet, and see what other people are going through around her. This will also be a focus as time goes on I believe. She will learn to be receptive to the people around her, and react accordingly(Luca in the restaurant, giving Alto and Ranka space is a prime example of someone who is aware).

4) Ranka doesn't know what love is. Or I should say, she hasn't fallen in love yet, so she hasn't really dived deep into what it is, and how it is. Her experiences with Sheryl and Alto, are both different, and similar. On one hand, Sheryl is this famous star that she strives to be. A goal for her as a career you can say. Alto, immediately becomes like a big brother to her. Offering advice, listening to her complain, helping her find herself, and her direction. She looks up to him in this way for the most part(it's obviously changing and going to continue to change as she changes, and she experiences different interactions with Alto and Sheryl). At the same time, she cares about both of them, and even if none of them had feelings for each other, I could see the three of them being good friends. I see Ranka seeing love and friendship very, very differently, by the end of this series, thanks to Sheryl and Alto. The Love Triangle will also force her to move at a pace that in a normal life, she wouldn't have had to do quite so quickly. I guess you could say point 4 is interwoven with point 3, but it deserves it's own discussion in my opinion.
---

Please correct me in anything that you feel is twisted, false, or just mistaken. Thanks.

Will
Quote:
Okay, random thinking as I haven't sat down and watched the show today, but my mind wanders like this so bear with me.

Will(always open to criticism)
I think you might have a masters' thesis to write on Macross F...

Anyway, so far Ranka is both the most "mature" of the 3 (although emotionally healthy might be a better way to put it), and probably the most "immature" (inexperienced?). Plus, she's the only one we have a real narrative insight to (aside from Sheryl's blog). She was there for both the kiss on the cheek, as well as Sheryl stealing a kiss on the movie set; and for all intents and purposes both scenes really took place from her point of view. A few other key scenes did also; Sheryl's breakdown on stage... I can't think of any more offhand. She seems to get hurt, or discouraged rather than jealous, but whether it's "love" or not she looks up to both Alto, and Sheryl. I guess Ranka could still turn into a yanderekko... but as of episode 10 she seems to be the only one who's acknowledged how she feels about the other 2, and in a way... where she fits in. Realistically, though, I can't see her backing down.

If there's any other character from another Macross I'd compare her to it'd probably be Myung from Macross Plus... ironically Myung's song from Plus sounds a little like Aimo.

Speaking of Alto and Sheryl, I'm willing to wager that the kiss with Alto was probably Sheryl's first "romantic" kiss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
I concur. Misa was the most developed out of all three. Never understood what Hikaru saw in Minmei besides the star thing. Liked the ending, but the way there was quite painful.
Curious, but did you watch the DYRL movie, or SDFM(or for that matter, Robotech)? I ask because in DYRL when Hikaru and Minmay met she was already a star (and... he was a starstruck idiot), but in SDFM it was well before she won Miss Macross.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:37   Link #188
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
I've always loved the ending to DYRL more so than I do the original. Hikaru in DYRL finally broke the silence, point to Misa and simply stated "I CHOOOSE YOOOOOOUUUUU!!!" (ok, not quite, but you get my drift). Yeah, Hikaru chose Misa too, in the original, but done it in a semi-reluctant manner and not to my satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

If there's any other character from another Macross I'd compare her to it'd probably be Myung from Macross Plus... ironically Myung's song from Plus sounds a little like Aimo.
Hardly surprising, seeing how good ol' Yoko (who still talks like less-than-a-teenager) did the music for both

- Tak
Old 2008-06-14, 16:40   Link #189
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I've always loved the ending to DYRL more so than I do the original. Hikaru in DYRL finally broke the silence, point to Misa and simply stated "I CHOOOSE YOOOOOOUUUUU!!!" (ok, not quite, but you get my drift). Yeah, Hikaru chose Misa too, in the original, but done it in a semi-reluctant manner and not to my satisfaction.

- Tak
DRYL really did a much better job with Hikaru, Misa, and Minmei, than the original series did. Minmei was even likeable() in it.

Someone please hurry up and get this work over with I'm bored and tired, and going crazy here.

Another note, in DYRL, Misa and Hikaru
Spoiler:
. Where as in the series, it's implied that Hikaru and Minmei
Spoiler:

I'll never forget how bad I felt for Misa when she found the photo album by Hikaru's bed that had all the pictures of Minmei, after she'd spent the last 2 years basically being his housekeeper/maid/wife.
Old 2008-06-14, 16:47   Link #190
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes DYRL was much better in that aspect Tak and I also think it made Minmei much more sympathetic and likeable than her tv counterpart. I actually felt really bad for her in DYRL while in the tv it was "serves you right bitch, MISA FOREVER!!".

justinstrife I think you're reaching with the BGM's but you may be on the right track. If they use the first half of Innocent Green for like 2-3 more Sheryl and Alto scenes and leave the second half un-played before the final episode than I'll declare victory after 24 (especially if a certain line from the 6 month old Frontier promo by Ranka has yet to be said...)

I'm not to confident about this though (if we get a Sheryl and Alto scene soon with the first half of the song though...) unlike say True Tears. With that I heard the OST the day it got ripped which about 5 weeks before the end of the show. I said the second half of track 30 will be played when blah hooks up with blah. 5 weeks later and I was right on the song usage and the final pairing. Nice write up btw of the 3 main characters!

Quote:
Most of the misunderstandings by Ranka make her believe now that Alto and Sheryl are in a relationship. Which they are not. This is classic writers way of holding back a relationship until this is cleared up. Having Ranka overcome all these hurdles to begin a relationship with Alto is quite possibly especially as I see his leaning more towards Ranka at times. She just held back by her own shortcomings and his closed personality. Either way as an avid reader I wouldn't go counting your eggs till they're hatched.
I actually expect Ranka to overcome these hurdles and being a relationship with Alto around the 13-17 mark which than places Sheryl in the position Ranka is currently in, except it's real and not mistaken. To keep things in the status quo from now until near the end would just be bad writing and drawn out. A lot of sympathy they have gained for Ranka would just go down the drain.

Sheryl hasn't even really made a move on Alto yet and I don't see her doing so until she's forced into doing it, while Sheryl may be on top atm I expect the "lead" to change at least 2 more times throughout the show. Needless to say I hope to see a drunk Sheryl singing Ranka songs in a bar in episode 24....
Old 2008-06-14, 16:52   Link #191
Tak

Quote:
Another note, in DYRL, Misa and Hikaru
Spoiler:
. Where as in the series, it's implied that Hikaru and Minmei
Spoiler:
With Misa, vastly strong implications. With Minmei? Not even close. Nada, no, nope. That whole entire association was just weak.

Still, DYRL did introduce a vastly powerful scene. Da bitch-slap!

I was hurt man, I really was.

Quote:
I'll never forget how bad I felt for Misa when she found the photo album by Hikaru's bed that had all the pictures of Minmei, after she'd spent the last 2 years basically being his housekeeper/maid/wife.
Yeah, I was not happy. I was thinking, damn, Minmei didn't do JACK for you in housekeeping, and you are still after her for reasons I will never know. Yet, Misa here, who has been slaving for you, isn't getting your attention!? How the hell does that work?!

I think I wanted to stab Hikaru at one point.

Maybe that is what Macross F is doing now, role reversing. Maybe, just maybe, its time for Alto, our main guy, to be the slave for once. Just once. I mean, somebody had to do it. And since we can't force bad karma on Hikaru now that he is nowhere to be found, its just too bad Alto has to be 'it'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
see a drunk Sheryl singing Ranka songs in a bar in episode 24....
Obviously both of them did something really stupid, like bearing Alto's child... oh, oops, did I say that out loud? Aw... shit.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-14, 16:56   Link #192
justinstrife

Quote:
With Misa, vastly strong implications. With Minmei? Not even close. Nada, no, nope.

Maybe that is what Macross F is doing now, role reversing. Maybe, just maybe, its time for Alto, our main guy, to be the slave for once. Just once. I mean, somebody had to do it. And since we can't force bad karma on Hikaru now that he is nowhere to be found, its just too bad Alto has to be 'it'
Considering how much of a slut Minmei was in the series(and in the books if you read them), it was implied.

I'd have no problems being Sheryl's personal slave. She keeps thinks interesting with her personality and would keep me from getting bored.
Old 2008-06-14, 17:01   Link #193
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
I do kind of like parts of how Hikaru/Misa played out in DYRL, but I didn't really like how the Hikaru/Minmay relationship did... They went on like 3 dates, and he went from starstruck idiot to "sorry, I'm with her now." Meanwhile, she gets back from spending months on the Zentradi ship (where he put her, essentially) and is all psycho ga-ga over him.

However, the slap scene was absolutely classic.

Quote:
Hardly surprising, seeing how good ol' Yoko (who still talks like less-than-a-teenager) did the music for both

- Tak
Things just made so much sense after I read that Ed's character from Cowboy Bebop was patterned after her...
Old 2008-06-14, 18:14   Link #194
Tak

Quote:
Considering how much of a slut Minmei was in the series(and in the books if you read them), it was implied.
Which books? Ya don't mean the Robotech books do ya? 'cause they really don't count.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-15, 01:40   Link #195
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Here is the rest of the blog entries up to the 6-14. I ended up translating most of them, but the encoding of the fonts is still giving problems.

2008-05-30
October 2, 2058

Title: Right now I'm wearing...

She's wearing black and pink since these are colors you can relax in and they can stimulate. She recently went to a showroom on her time off and found the coolest bathtub that had black cat feet for legs. She was really taken with it, but when she got it home it wouldn't fit through the doorway to the bathroom. There's nothing for her to do but to move.

2008-05-31
May 8, 2059

Title: People and connections...

...what does this mean?
How do people form connections?

Take belongings for instance, no matter how many times you lose them they will come back to you.
As for people, no matter how many times they split, they come back as lovers. (I'm not sure of this since some of the kanji and kana are garbled by the encoding)
It feels as if they are drawn back to each other. It is as if they need each other.

Whenever I lose something important, I am only depressed for about a day.

This is part of the "give and take" relationship, and it just means that it's over.

For instance, if I lose a charm, it just means that it becomes someone else's charm.
If it is a person, it just means that they have found a new happiness, or so...

Anyways, just take it! Right?

Recently I was suddenly parted from something very important to me.

I was too busy to fall into a depression over it,
anyways,
I'll take that time today.

2008-06-01
May 15, 2059

Title: A definite recommendation.

For instance, whenever people feel a little unsure, they want to hear a certain person's voice.

I have come to understand that feeling a little.
(I can't make out this line since the encoding is gabling stuff again, but it's about shallow conversation I think) Using decorative words to speak is infuriating, but it is quite nice, though.
I am thinking that I would like to speak like this some more.

Is this an extravagance?

To me this is a very new type of human relationship.

This experience is certified by Sheryl Nome.

A definite recommendation.

2008-06-04
March 3, 2059

Title: Enough to make me shiver,

She talks about a singer from the 18th Macross fleet that went to Galaxy three years earlier. They did a musical program together and Sheryl has no interest in other artists, but she became interested in this woman. She first saw the singer in a magazine and could not forget her face as she stared straight at the camera. That's why she went to a musical that the woman performed in even though she doesn't like musicals. She always wants to shout "Why are you singing over there?" and actually did so once from the audience, thus arousing the anger of her manager. This musical, though, was wonderful, especially the singer's voice. She has never seen anyone who seemed to have a breeze blowing from their bodies before. And if there were more like this singer, it would troublesome for her. She met someone else like this though. This girl was adorable and had very direct eyes. When she met this girl it was as if a wind were blowing across her face. From the look in her eyes, the girl was definitely the perpetrator.

2008-06-05
May 17, 2059

Title: The result will be great.

Is it the end of the month?

You should be able to get the details if you check the TV listings.

I have a documentary program.

The title is "The Galactic Fairy: Taking Up Arms for Her Homeland"!!
This is the tentative title, but there is a 99% chance that this will become the official title.

Actually....no, not tentatively, this is official.
Yes, official.
We'll just ignore that annoying 1%.

Anyways, watch it.

It is much better than some low-brow news program.

2008-06-06
May 12, 2059

Title: School

Everyone was surprised!

Well, it was Sheryl Nome in the flesh after all, it would have been nicer if there was a bit more of a commotion though.

But I can't wrap my mind around it.

I just have such a reason...
an adult reason that is.

It looks like this will be quite interesting.

But I have one worry.
That is the restaurant in school...
My basic lunch is salad and soup,
but not just anything will do.

It must have "baby leaf".

Chemical seasoning in the soup is a definite NO!
Well, that doesn't need to be said.

...can't help it.

I'll just have to find Frontier's best Italian chef tomorrow.

While I am at it, maybe I should set up an open terrace. Hehehe (It's not actually this, but more of a mature feminine, under the breath laughter)

2008-06-07
April 28, 2059

Title: Yellow Ponpon!

Tomorrow is the birthday of someone I know.
Anything is fine for boys, but for girls, there is something that I have to give.
Flowers.
I choose the type of flowers according to my image of her.
Galaxy has absolutely no plant life so they have to be shipped from other fleets.
It takes a lot of work, Frontier is so convenient.

The girl who will age a year tomorrow is small with popcorn-like splashes and possessing of a strong energy.

That's why I chose a "Yellow Ponpon".

2008-06-10
July 2, 2059

Title: I've been sneezing.

Is a cold going around?

Wasn't there one going around last year?
Frontier has an "NE?2" virus that causes very high fever, doesn't it?

Sounds dangerous.

That's right, a long time ago one of the recording staff members came to the studio while dealing with a bad cold. That wasn't funny. What if it had spread??

He was just being himself in not wanting to leave hole in the production, but he was directing his energies in the wrong direction.....
I don't dislike that kind of attitude, but it's about using all your strength to-get-better, then coming to work.
But before that don't get beaten by the cold....

Ahha!! I remember now.

With all the commotion this morning, I forgot to put the cleaning card on the door this morning
That's why the room wasn't cleaned.

No wonder I feel bad...

...so this is why I've been sneezing.
I can't sleep like this so I'm going to get the cleaning staff on the job now.

Later. See you.

2008-06-12
June ??, 2059

Title: Why...

Fingertips, hair, lips...

Why is it that emotions emerge from the edges of things.

Uncertainty, pain, and misery,
they have nowhere to go within the body,
so they gather at the edges?

Troublesome areas, don't you think?

But,
is that why we want them touched?

(Picture of Sheryl's lips)

Want them to be touched?

Do you understand this feeling?

2008-06-14
June 14, 2059

Title: My song is the theme song

It seems like my song will be the theme song for a movie.

The lead role is played by Miss Macross, Miranda-chan.
I was one of the judges for the Miss Macross pageant
so I want Miranda-chan to do well, but...

...for me, this movie holds my interest for some other reason.

An interesting talent is coming out.
It is a girl that I wrote about before in my blog,
she's finally coming forth!

We get a chance to see a gem at the instant it begins to shine.

I've done many types of things for my work, but I've never acted.

After all, Sheryl Nome can only be Sheryl Nome.

I cannot be anyone else.
I have never thought about being anyone else.
Still, the performance called "drama" can move the hearts of people.

Of course "song" has the same power.

This movie is one of the rare productions that has both of these types performances.

Anyways, come and see it!!
Old 2008-06-15, 02:52   Link #196
herbert

Quote:
Extremely confident and arrogant of her own abilities, she prefers to rely on herself, rather than rely on others.
Wonderful post, excellent analysis.

Here is a little thing I want to share my opinion.

I can agree Sheryl is confident and arrogant but these are not baseless confidence or arrogance. She has built confidence through hardworking and arrogance on perfectionism. The fact is that she is the best and she knows it so she behaves in a way that she believes necessary to maintain her status. She does treat Alto and gang like trash but Alto also proves her insight.

Here is another thing. I don't think she prefer to rely on herself to on others. We get the impression mostly because things come to her are things she sincerely believes she can do the best. There are two preconditions for her being willing to rely on others. 1) there is sth she can't handle well; 2) there is someone trustworthy can handle it well. There are two examples I can think of at this memont. 1) she lets Grace handle all her schedule; 2) she leaves her concert once she realizes what is happenning, not yelling "I'm SHERYL NOME, I can handle these bugs better than military" or like and rush out with Alto.

But I admit she is too stubborn at times, like she is inable to admit she can't pick up those eggs...

Quote:
Yes it was a shock to her that he didn't want to share information with her. But motives behind this are a mystery. She took it in a negative way but he might not have meant it as such. He might have just wanted to not make her jealous not hide facts about himself from her. Her inability to question him about his past is definitely a flaw for her but its something he has to overcome. This is very likely do to her shyness or naivety in matters of love but this shouldn't cheapen her feelings for him.
Your inability of understanding why Alto doesn't tell Ranka the truth is like a mystery to me. I'm not saying we know a infinite truth but there are too many plausible answers flying around but you still consider none of them plausible.

But, unless you consider Alto worrying Ranka's fangirling gets better of her as a possibility, I don't think not-making-Ranka-jealous is an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Here is the rest of the blog entries up to the 6-14. I ended up translating most of them, but the encoding of the fonts is still giving problems.
Not just well translated but also beautifully translated. Thank you very much. You are like a god to me now. My favourite only next to Sheryl and Klan Klan.
Old 2008-06-15, 08:32   Link #197
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Your inability of understanding why Alto doesn't tell Ranka the truth is like a mystery to me. I'm not saying we know a infinite truth but there are too many plausible answers flying around but you still consider none of them plausible.

But, unless you consider Alto worrying Ranka's fangirling gets better of her as a possibility, I don't think not-making-Ranka-jealous is an answer.
If you re-read what I said I said he might not want her to get jealous. I'm not the one who doesn't consider answers that don't suit my taste plausible. That person is the one that you see in the mirror everyday. I suggested one of the many possible answers. Like I said its a mystery to which one is the correct one. Your trying to accuse me of being biased just shows how truly super Sheryl biased you are. You say there many plausible answers but since this one is slightly Pro-Ranka you immediately dismiss it. You throw out basic reading comprehension and logic to make baseless accusations when you're actually the one whose opinion is clouded with fanboy fever.
Old 2008-06-15, 15:07   Link #198
justinstrife

Quote:
If you re-read what I said I said he might not want her to get jealous. I'm not the one who doesn't consider answers that don't suit my taste plausible. That person is the one that you see in the mirror everyday. I suggested one of the many possible answers. Like I said its a mystery to which one is the correct one. Your trying to accuse me of being biased just shows how truly super Sheryl biased you are. You say there many plausible answers but since this one is slightly Pro-Ranka you immediately dismiss it. You throw out basic reading comprehension and logic to make baseless accusations when you're actually the one whose opinion is clouded with fanboy fever.
I wonder if you watched the same scene as I did. We don't even see his face when he lies to Ranka about being alone at the Zentran Mall. He only gives a short "Yeah" as a reply to her question. Why would he worry about making her jealous, when he doesn't even know she likes him? Even Michel looked at him and said softly "Idiot", because he knows Alto doesn't have a clue. It's the same with when Michel asked him if he knew why Sheryl keeps bugging him all the time. He really doesn't have a clue that either of these girls like him.

Although Sheryl's kiss might start giving him an idea since it had nothing to do with a movie production. Of course, he might just completely brush it off as some joke to fluster him.

We never see into his mind, so we're kind of left guessing.
Old 2008-06-15, 16:00   Link #199
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Even Michel looked at him and said softly "Idiot", because he knows Alto doesn't have a clue. It's the same with when Michel asked him if he knew why Sheryl keeps bugging him all the time. He really doesn't have a clue that either of these girls like him.
Exactly he's clueless and those 2 Michael "Idiot" comments in episode 6 for Ranka and 8 for Sheryl show that.
Old 2008-06-15, 16:09   Link #200
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Exactly he's clueless and those 2 Michael "Idiot" comments in episode 6 for Ranka and 8 for Sheryl show that.
I was similiar to Alto in HS about that stuff, except mine was a lack of confidence, not a lack of interest.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance