AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-15, 15:33   Link #61
MercuryKnight

Send a message via MSN to MercuryKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalayan
er.. you're missing my point. and i dont get most of your idea as well. what am i saying is that 'not all' shoujo ai couples start out lusting for each other. get my drift?

so..

yumi not having sexual desire ( at the moment) for sachiko is NOT equal to yumi NOT being a yes... you guessed it, lesbian.

yumi completely aware of what a lesbian is, isNOT equal to yumi being a lesbian.

and regarding your line.. 'So what your saying is that if a girl starts out admiring an other girl that it's going to end up as a Lesbian relationship. ' -- now where did that came from? o_O it would be better if you re-read my post perhaps you'll understand it better now...
Humm... after carefully rereading your post, I admit I may have missinterpreted what you were saying, if so I apollogise. But to tell you the truth I'm still a little confused. Plus I'm not even sure you understood the point I was trying to make previous to that. So let me try to clarify my possition without making reference to yours.
First of all I think when the translators used the word 'fan' even though it may be the correct translation if falls short of Yumi's actual fellings. I think quite honestly at that point Yumi Idolizes Sachiko. Even when Sachiko is placed into a corner and lies about their relationship Yumi still idolizes her. Really kind of a poor place to start a relationship but it is a start.
As we get into the story we get to the point where Yumi realizes that Sachiko is not perfect and offers to take her rosary to help her out. When Sachiko refuses to do so it only makes Yumi Idolize her even more.
Yumi becomes Sachiko's seour and then becomes obsessed with trying to please the person she thinks Sachiko is. That brings us to the Valentines day thing in which we see Yumi doing her best to try to satisfy her idol.
Finally at the date Yumi who is definitely having kittens sees a side of Sachiko that she hasn't seen before. The sheltered girl who hasn't really experienced life. At the same time Sachiko is doing her best to understand Yumi's way of life. I think that this is the point when we finally see Yumi and Sachiko become true friends. Whether their relationship ever goes farther than that I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I realize that this is a very shortened view of what happens, but it for me sums up the progression of their relationship. Any way that is the way I see their relationship. As always my opinion is not the opinion of everyone.
Old 2004-04-15, 15:55   Link #62
himalayan
lost in a dance

Wink

Ialdaboth: i am overreacting. and yea yumi kissing girls would definitely make season 2 worth the wait.

atua: i was thinking of replying to your post but then again i reckon we'll just go round and round and round. arguments tire me to the bones. my say would be... to each his er... her own

Last edited by himalayan; 2004-04-15 at 16:06.
Old 2004-04-15, 16:28   Link #63
atua

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalayan
i was thinking of replying to your post but then again i reckon we'll just go round and round and round. arguments tire me to the bones. my say would be... to each his er... her own
Well, I'm disappointed that you feel this way but as you say, to each his own.
Old 2004-04-15, 17:03   Link #64
himalayan
lost in a dance

meh.. why are you dissapointed? hehe just curious.