AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-15, 12:03   Link #1
Alphag33k

Eva Renewal

As far as I know Evangelion breaks down like this:

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-26
Evangelion - Death & Rebirth (Movie) 1
End of Evangelion (Eps 25+26 redone) 2

Now some group has released

End of Eveangelion Renewal (which I have)

and now

Eva Renewal.

What is all this renewal buisness?

AniDB and Animenfo don't seem to mention these.

Can someone give me a break down of all the parts of the Eva series (TV Movies OVA) ?

Thanks

Last edited by Alphag33k; 2004-04-15 at 22:43. Reason: Compliance
Old 2004-04-15, 12:18   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Basically, the Renewal of Evangelion Project is Gainax milking the series for all it's worth... yet again.

Escentually they released digitally remastered (audio and video) versions of the 26 TV episodes, 4 remade-for-laserdisc episodes, the 3 theatrical features and then added a bonus disc with never-before-seen material(cut scenes).

Quote:
Can someone give me a break down of all the parts of the Eva series (TV Movies OVA) ?
Nothing has changed. It's still the TV series, Death&Rebirth and End of Evangelion, in that order, just better... supposedly.

I'm betting ADV will announce that they'll be releasing it soon or shortly after they release the DVD with the cut and deleted scenes. In the meantime, maybe this thread should be under DVD & Licensed?
Old 2004-04-15, 12:55   Link #3
7thMethuselah

So there isn't a new Evangelion movie coming? I was under the impression that gainax was making a new (and thus 3rd) different ending of the series...

(At least that's what the guys at my local anime store told me)

Old 2004-04-15, 13:18   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Unless you local anime dealer is refering to the Live Action Evangelion movie... There is nothing else I know of.

Here is the official site for Renewal of Evangelion: http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

Personally, I'm waiting for someone to make an annoucement on this, I'm getting impatient and have been debating buying the R2 box for some time now.
Old 2004-04-15, 17:10   Link #5
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Unless you local anime dealer is refering to the Live Action Evangelion movie... There is nothing else I know of.

Here is the official site for Renewal of Evangelion: http://www.evangelion.co.jp/

Personally, I'm waiting for someone to make an annoucement on this, I'm getting impatient and have been debating buying the R2 box for some time now.
First, the thread is surely being locked soon, as Evangelion has been licensed for something like a decade.

Anyway, the latest Diamond Comics' Previews includes this item:

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION RENEWAL VOL 1 DVD (MR)SRP: $34.98

Check this thread on AnimeonDVD

ADV has posted this statement in their site :

Apr 15, 2004 Important Message RE: Evangelion
It has come to our attention that there is some inaccurate information floating around about an upcoming Neon Genesis Evangelion release from ADV Films. Please stay tuned for an official statement about future releases for this title.
Old 2004-04-15, 17:49   Link #6
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
I wonder if it would be worth waiting for this? I wouldn't mind owning Evangelion, but I wonder if it would be worth the time to wait for the remasterd edition.
Closed Thread