AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-02, 18:20   Link #41
Jayjs20

Send a message via AIM to Jayjs20
Sometimes, I amaze myself over how computer illiterate I can be.

This is fun.

I found a way to do 100% life combo with any 2 characters outside of anyone too slow (Rei, Sei, Kanako, Shimako, Shiori). Turns out, each character has about 3600 hp.

Without the infinite combo, I've gotten 2100 by pairing two supers together and a small combo. With one super, I've hit 1700 with a small combos. With no supers, I've hit 1200.
(edit: Make that 2500 with 2 supers and 2200 with 1 super. Yeah, I'm really bored.)

This game's better made then I expected.

Max number of hits you can get it around 217 since your opponent dies from that.

Btw, going by strength, Rei > Sei > Kanako > Shimako > Shiori > Sachiko> Noriko > Eriko > Shizuka > Yumi = Yoko > Touko > Yoshino. I did this by doing a 3 different 2-hit combo(standing light, crouching light and standing heavy) and recording the damage and averaged it up. Not a 100% perfect test, but meh.

Strongest super is Rei's "Reduction Area"(hello google translator) if it hits 2 times which only happens in the corner right next to the opponent for 1015. Otherwise, Eriko's ... "凸は出ているかしら?" ...whatever that is, hits for 830. I THINK Yumi's "peroperokiyandei] murder case"(hello again, google) CAN hit 3 times for 1000+, not counting the two earlier potential hits. I was combining it with Rei's super, ended up with 5 hits and 2100 damage.

One last thing. If you didn't know, you can scroll through different color of your character from the character selection screen by pressing C.

Has anyone figured out how to pick two of the same character yet? The demos suggest that you can.
edit: only possible as player 2 in training mode

I've been noticing that the comp have been 'teleporting' out of my air combos disallowing me to finish with a special. Does anyone know how to do this?
edit: Apparently, by pressing either buttons while receiving an attack in the air.

Does anyone know how to trigger more special battle openings? Only one I know is if you have Sachiko as lead and Yumi as backup.

Also, can it be changed so that you fight both characters til they're both down? So far, the only way to do this is to defeat one as they change out.

Btw, Sachiko is a monster. I beat the entire game with just her by herself and rarely did she ever lose half her life.

More fun info.

All of the original characters can only air dash and land, besides Sei, who can't air dash at all. The newer characters can cancel their air dash into an additional jump.

Touko has the best air dash. It seems to be the fastest and she seems to beable to dash as many times as she wants as long as she's still in the air. I've pulled off 15 air dashes without touching the ground.

Kanako can follow her first air dash into the additional jump IF the initial dash is backwards.

Shiori can follow her first air dash into the additional jump no matter what way her initial dash was. She can perform an additional air dash as long as her initial air dash is backwards.

Shizuka's additional jump is harder to pull off and tricker to time, but it's possible. Again, only if the initial jump is backwards. Additionally, she is not able to perform an additional air dash after the additional jump.

Oddly enough, Rei's ground dash backward is the fastest dash in the game .

Everyone has a max of 2 vertical jumps.

Last edited by Jayjs20; 2007-04-05 at 18:33.
Old 2007-04-03, 05:43   Link #42
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
Spoiler:

I think you forgot some patch. try complete version.
Ok thanks, I'll give it a try and see if it works better ! ^_^
Old 2007-06-15, 20:52   Link #43
HeroOfTheDay

Hey, I ran that "Maribato" file, and followed the instructions to the letter. I mounted the image, installed it without checking the first box, because that seems to just install audio files and such with no executable file, then installed the character add-on disc, then copied and pasted the patch into the main directory. When I run my windows system in english the game crashes after the first character of the title appears on the menu. Running my system in Japanese mode seems to make it work a little better, but whenever I get to the character select screen (which shows all the characters it' supposed to) it still crashes. I've tried everything, can anyone walk me through step by step on how to install it; perhaps I missed something?
Old 2007-06-18, 21:51   Link #44
Archaic

Send a message via AIM to Archaic Send a message via MSN to Archaic Send a message via Skype™ to Archaic
Before I try downloading that, can anyone tell me exactly what's in it? I've already got original discs for MariBato and MariBato+, as well as copies of some of the patches (think the latest I have is 302), but was there anything which came out after that?
Old 2007-07-28, 11:15   Link #45
revive4563

Because the number of downloads of Maribato Complete had greatly exceeded
my expectation, I translated only the command list for English speakers.
btw, this is not official thing of course. so, please use it with a light heart.

English Command List ver1.1 for MariBato+ (fixed)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9GDBNY7M

Spoiler for sample image Sei:

Spoiler for sample image Shizuka:

::HeroOfTheDay::
sorry, I can't help...

::Archaic::
I think it's unnecessary for you.

::Noriko::
I'd just fixed some error. so plz download ver1.1 again.

Last edited by revive4563; 2007-07-28 at 22:29.
Old 2007-07-28, 19:04   Link #46
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

::HeroOfTheDay::

I used to have kind of the same problem, and I stopped trying...then I got the version revive4563 posted and it was ok, have you tried it?

revive4563 >> That's awesome, I'll dl it, these command list are great, thanks a bunch !

edit :
So far, I've only been able to play with version 1 and 2 but when I install the 3rd to have more characters, the game doesn't function (game crashes as soon as it starts)
Per chance, you wouldn't know what could be the cause ?

edit 2:
Yes, we've installed the patch too, we tried also without the patch, the result is the same wether or not it is applied

We figured out that some sound file must be missing, and so if we validate the screen title BEFORE the RI of Maribato appears, we can get the menu and configure etc... but the game still crashes once we're at the character selection menu

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-07-29 at 23:43.
Old 2007-07-29, 12:32   Link #47
Zatoichi8820XX

does anyone still have the screen shots of this game
Old 2007-07-29, 21:02   Link #48
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriko View Post

edit :
So far, I've only been able to play with version 1 and 2 but when I install the 3rd to have more characters, the game doesn't function (game crashes as soon as it starts)
Per chance, you wouldn't know what could be the cause ?
hmm....were ver3.02 patches applied? if it is so, sorry but, I have no idea... at least as for me, it works without any problem on XP(SP2).
After all, this is doujin thing so it might be extremely Japanese Windows domestic... though there might be some solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi8820XX View Post
does anyone still have the screen shots of this game

http://images.google.co.jp/images?gb...A4%9C%E7%B4%A2

Last edited by revive4563; 2007-07-31 at 06:56.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:25   Link #49
BrentR

Hello, I know this is pretty old thread. But I just dled maribato from the link. And after a litle work found out how to fix the problem! There are two files missing that are deleted when you install version 3.0 so all you have to do is find them and put them back. I don't remember which ones though. I just copied version 1.3 or whatever it is then said no to all the write over file stuff. Then the game will work with the newest characters!
Closed Thread