AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-22, 07:18   Link #1841
Stretch5920
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
wtf? she is a terrorist and was just put in a cell. No big deal. Nothing terrible happened to her.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 07:29   Link #1842
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Behind you!
Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Also, Suzaku does have the ability to treat her differently. He has rank, Schneizel is indeted to him for Europe, and so on.
It doesn't mean he can change the law without the consent of the emperor. But you are right, I have no evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
and could very easily have been violated
Well, you have to admit though that you donít have evidence too
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 07:31   Link #1843
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
It doesn't mean he can change the law without the consent of the emperor. But you are right, I have no evidence.


Well, you have to admit though that you don’t have evidence too
That's why I used the word 'could have' I didn't say 'was'. I'd need to be beaten by the stupid bat to believe that she was actually violated. As I said, I do not believe Suzaku would allow any such thing to happen, which is why he has custody of her, not the army.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:19   Link #1844
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
wtf? she is a terrorist and was just put in a cell. No big deal. Nothing terrible happened to her.
Yea, they should have killed her. Firing squad?
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:22   Link #1845
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
There's one real flaw in this argument, not that I'm saying this for any side in particular, but you have no evidence to 'standard' protocol and what it entails. There is the point that Kallen is a woman, a prisoner of war, and could very easily have been violated. It is unlikely, as I'd imagine Suzaku would keep her in his own custody (remember she has ties to everyone back at Ashford).
There's one really, really bad assumption here, and that is that men don't get raped in prison either. All the male black knights were in just as much potential to be manhandled as anyone else.

So far, nothing has indicated that she has had it any better or any worse than any other Britannian prisoner. Actually, she has had it better than Suzaku did. Leave all the prison-rape fears for the H-doujin, because that's where they're going to remain in this series.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:25   Link #1846
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
There's one really, really bad assumption here, and that is that men don't get raped in prison either. All the male black knights were in just as much potential to be manhandled as anyone else.

So far, nothing has indicated that she has had it any better or any worse than any other Britannian prisoner. Actually, she has had it better than Suzaku did. Leave all the prison-rape fears for the H-doujin, because that's where they're going to remain in this series.
well it's portrayed that "Order of Black Knights" are the angels of God and are the people of Justice in which they represent the free/good world so they'll give respect.

But the director is like yea, Britannia is racist and rape prisoner/or beat the crap out of them. Unfortunately, Suzaku gets the most hate because he is associated with them.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:29   Link #1847
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
well it's portrayed that "Order of Black Knights" are the angels of God and are the people of Justice in which they represent the free/good world so they'll give respect.

But the director is like yea, Britannia is racist and rape prisoner/or beat the crap out of them. Unfortunately, Suzaku gets the most hate because he is associated with them.
I'd have to say that Suzaku does not get the most hate just because of his association with Britannia, otherwise the other Britannia characters would get as much hate no? The majority of people that dislike Suzaku or find him annoying tend to speak of his hypocrisy rather then concentrate on his relations with Britannia.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:31   Link #1848
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
There's one really, really bad assumption here, and that is that men don't get raped in prison either. All the male black knights were in just as much potential to be manhandled as anyone else.

So far, nothing has indicated that she has had it any better or any worse than any other Britannian prisoner. Actually, she has had it better than Suzaku did. Leave all the prison-rape fears for the H-doujin, because that's where they're going to remain in this series.
I never said that only women get raped; my point is that Kallen is by the anime's definition an attractive female. There's also no one to say that the Black Knight males and females were not abused while in captivity over the year's time between S1 and S2. I';d dare say that the way Britannia treats people in general that I wouldn't be surprised if people were exploited during that time.

She's had it better than Suzaku because her crime is lesser than Suzaku's supposed offense. Fighting against the Empire isn't near as bad as being accused of murdering a prince... they also treated him poorly because I'd image they wanted a confession. They don't need to beat Kallen for a confesion.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 08:58   Link #1849
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I never said that only women get raped; my point is that Kallen is by the anime's definition an attractive female. There's also no one to say that the Black Knight males and females were not abused while in captivity over the year's time between S1 and S2. I';d dare say that the way Britannia treats people in general that I wouldn't be surprised if people were exploited during that time.

She's had it better than Suzaku because her crime is lesser than Suzaku's supposed offense. Fighting against the Empire isn't near as bad as being accused of murdering a prince... they also treated him poorly because I'd image they wanted a confession. They don't need to beat Kallen for a confesion.
They do have a need to beat out any intel she has on Zero.

"Kallens crimes less than Suzaku" I'd like some of what you're smoking.

He was just a suspect and they tortured and humilated him.

Kallen is resposible for the death of serveral knights and civilians anything less than the death sentence/life imprisonment would be getting off easy.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:01   Link #1850
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
You also gotta remember that Jeremiah was playing up Suzaku's situation as well to keep honourary Britannians away from the army. And killing knights in battle is one thing, but killing a member of the royal family is entirely another matter.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:02   Link #1851
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
They do have a need to beat out any intel she has on Zero.

"Kallens crimes less than Suzaku" I'd like some of what you're smoking.

He was just a suspect and they tortured and humilated him.

Kallen is resposible for the death of serveral knights and civilians anything less than the death sentence/life imprisonment would be getting off easy.
Suzaku was not regarded as a suspect. He was regarded as the murderer of Prince Clovis. This occured for two reasons: The Purist faction hated him and what he gave to non-Britannian's in the form of hope. And he was an easy target to pain by the government that wanted to dispose of him anyway.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:24   Link #1852
prototype_sky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Suzaku was not regarded as a suspect. He was regarded as the murderer of Prince Clovis. This occured for two reasons: The Purist faction hated him and what he gave to non-Britannian's in the form of hope. And he was an easy target to pain by the government that wanted to dispose of him anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
You also gotta remember that Jeremiah was playing up Suzaku's situation as well to keep honourary Britannians away from the army. And killing knights in battle is one thing, but killing a member of the royal family is entirely another matter.
Your point being

Kallen is still an accomplish to euphi's death and attempted kidnapping of both cornelia (x2) and nunnally
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:26   Link #1853
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Your point being

Kallen is still an accomplish to euphi's death and attempted kidnapping of both cornelia (x2) and nunnally
Zero killed Euphie, everyone, however, believes that Euphie was executed by Britannia. Trying to kidnap someone does not = killing them. Last I checked the punishment for kidnapping was not the same as the punishment for murder.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:31   Link #1854
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Zero killed Euphie, everyone, however, believes that Euphie was executed by Britannia. Trying to kidnap someone does not = killing them. Last I checked the punishment for kidnapping was not the same as the punishment for murder.
Yep but she's an 11(little or no rights). And i would say any type of crime against the royal family warrants the death penalty. Also Area 11 has correctional status so you can killed for even the slightest of misdemeanors.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:33   Link #1855
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Yep but she's an 11(little or no rights). And i would say any type of crime against the royal family warrants the death penalty. Also Area 11 has correctional status so you can killed for even the slightest of misdemeanors.
She's also half-britannian with a powerful familial name if we are to believe what is said about her father.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:42   Link #1856
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
She's also half-britannian with a powerful familial name if we are to believe what is said about her father.
The Ashford family was a powerfull family at 1 point but it fell out of favour and lost almost all of its influence because of Marianne's death. Can you really see the Stadfelt family risking the same fate for a daughter who openly rejects her Britannian heritage and was a key figure in the rebellion?
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:43   Link #1857
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
The Ashford family was a powerfull family at 1 point but it fell out of favour and lost almost all of its influence because of Marianne's death. Can you really see the Stadfelt family risking the same fate for a daughter who openly rejects her Britannian half and took part in the rebellion?
Maybe. It'd speak volumes as for how father might really care about her.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 14:02   Link #1858
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SLB, Slovenia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
She's also half-britannian with a powerful familial name if we are to believe what is said about her father.
She keeps saying she's Japanese though. And 3 KOR plus a prince heard her say that. Of course they won't use this, but still, he father techincally doesn't stand a chance.

And she has more crimes than just killing soldiers. She is the one that triggered the avalanche that resulted in the death of innocent people. So her crimes are easily comparable to Suzaku's regicide if the PR play it right they are even worse.
__________________
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 14:21   Link #1859
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
And she has more crimes than just killing soldiers. She is the one that triggered the avalanche that resulted in the death of innocent people. So her crimes are easily comparable to Suzaku's regicide if the PR play it right they are even worse.
No one knows she's the one who pulled the trigger aside from her, Lelouch, and the OoBK. There was no mention of anyone knowing that she's the one who did it. For what is known, she is responsible for the deaths of a large sum of soldiers through battle, nothing more, really.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 14:43   Link #1860
aldw
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
No one knows she's the one who pulled the trigger aside from her, Lelouch, and the OoBK. There was no mention of anyone knowing that she's the one who did it. For what is known, she is responsible for the deaths of a large sum of soldiers through battle, nothing more, really.
It would not surprise me one whit to see any of them get nailed for such actions one way or another as time passes, as all sorts of nastiness will inevitably accumulate.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.