AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-23, 21:18   Link #1961
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Anglo-Saxon Sphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
There are a few people who have denied the possibility of Lulu's attack being even plausible.
In terms of sinking an entire fleet, it isn't. It has about the same plausibility as, say, a musket man consistently shooting more accurately than someone with a M-16. Not physically impossible per say (the M-16 user could get a bug in his eye, or the sight might be slightly off), but it's right about the probability of the second coming.

But then, that entire battle was rather BS from the start. Once the sub was spotted (and even before that, due to how close those depth charges were), it should have been broken in two well before the bubbles rose. A glorified transport submarine has no chance against modern anti-submarine weaponry once identified, and technically it could have been heard once it started leaking and being compromised.

And, of course, no one worth their paycheck would put a land general in charge of a submarine.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:22   Link #1962
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Lelouch has a history of using unorthodox battle methods by using the terrain in that manner, and the Britannians should be looking out for that type of strategy. To beat your enemies, you have to know what your enemy is capable of.

But, Suzaku shouldn't be reprimanded for not preparing for such an unnatural event.

If anything, people should be questioning how Lelouch pulled a map of the sea out of his ass and knew about some random underwater methane processing factory/storage that just happened to be directly under the Britannian fleet.
I agree with you that Suzaku should not be repremanded for losing the fleet to Lelouch due to the explosive use of methane deposits. But what I am noticing is the Britania must be forgiving to it's Knights. The one incident that comes to mind is how Suzaku manage to let 1 million Japanese get away. Normally such an incident would have a person executed, Suzaku still manages to keep his Knight title.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:28   Link #1963
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I agree with you that Suzaku should not be repremanded for losing the fleet to Lelouch due to the explosive use of methane deposits. But what I am noticing is the Britania must be forgiving to it's Knights. The one incident that comes to mind is how Suzaku manage to let 1 million Japanese get away. Normally such an incident would have a person executed, Suzaku still manages to keep his Knight title.
You mean the Emperor. I believe Charles lets them run loose, as long as they don't screw up to the exten that things cannot be salvaged. In fact, I think the man delights in seeing people screw up and others dying in the process.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:51   Link #1964
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Lelouch has a history of using unorthodox battle methods by using the terrain in that manner, and the Britannians should be looking out for that type of strategy. To beat your enemies, you have to know what your enemy is capable of.

But, Suzaku shouldn't be reprimanded for not preparing for such an unnatural event.

If anything, people should be questioning how Lelouch pulled a map of the sea out of his ass and knew about some random underwater methane processing factory/storage that just happened to be directly under the Britannian fleet.
Lulu has map-hack. What do you expect and God mode to boot.

Maybe he even inserted his unlimited resource cheat code as well.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 21:56   Link #1965
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
You mean the Emperor. I believe Charles lets them run loose, as long as they don't screw up to the exten that things cannot be salvaged. In fact, I think the man delights in seeing people screw up and others dying in the process.
I don't think he cares. He's pretty much the kind of guy that would go,

"We'll leave it up to God."

And on another note, thanks to Dann, I took a look at episode 8 and it just hit me.

Suzaku could very well 'forgive' (not sure) Lelouch if he finds out the truth behind Euphie's murder.

At least the translation I have was that, "If your memories have returned, then please tell me why you had to kill Euphie, you could've done something else for her."
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:01   Link #1966
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Well, yeah. Suzaku desperately wants to know the reason behind her murder, not least because he likes/loves her, and had to lie to a dying lady to let her leave in peace. If he knows of the Geass and who gave it to Lelouch, his rage might be turned towards C.C.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:02   Link #1967
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, yeah. Suzaku desperately wants to know the reason behind her murder, not least because he likes/loves her, and had to lie to a dying lady to let her leave in peace. If he knows of the Geass and who gave it to Lelouch, his rage might be turned towards C.C.
but the point is lelouch killed her not CC
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:09   Link #1968
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
It was the Geass which started the ball rolling, because Suzaku knew as well as Lelouch that Euphie will never order the massacre unless something has gone horribly wrong. There is a silm chance that, after knowing the truth, Suzaku will think of Lelouch as only the "messanger", and that C.C. was the one behind most of the stuff that was going on.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:15   Link #1969
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SC, USA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It was the Geass which started the ball rolling, because Suzaku knew as well as Lelouch that Euphie will never order the massacre unless something has gone horribly wrong. There is a silm chance that, after knowing the truth, Suzaku will think of Lelouch as only the "messanger", and that C.C. was the one behind most of the stuff that was going on.
but lelouch had to accept CC's contract to obtain the geass so if he never done that euphie would still be alive
__________________
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:17   Link #1970
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
I think Suzaku will always blame Lelouch for Euphie's death. But, they were buddies once. C.C. will become a convinent target board.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:20   Link #1971
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
but lelouch had to accept CC's contract to obtain the geass so if he never done that euphie would still be alive
If he didn't accept the Geass, then the unconscious Suzaku would be killed off for real after Lulu dies.

No point pushing the causality loops that far back; it doesn't make sense that way.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:31   Link #1972
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, yeah. Suzaku desperately wants to know the reason behind her murder, not least because he likes/loves her, and had to lie to a dying lady to let her leave in peace. If he knows of the Geass and who gave it to Lelouch, his rage might be turned towards C.C.
The problem with that is it could have all been avoided if Lelouch held his tongue once and a while. He IS a braggart and ego maniacal, and he doesn't do much to hide that, and it usually comes back and hurts him.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:34   Link #1973
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Well, you can't really blame a teenage boy, who's really brilliant, to brag about it once in a while.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:44   Link #1974
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, you can't really blame a teenage boy, who's really brilliant, to brag about it once in a while.
I would agree to that... If he didn't ALWAYS do it. <.<'
That is one of Lelouch's traits that make him a interesting character though. His outrageously large ego and his braggart attitude.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 22:46   Link #1975
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Orga777: I think we may have to continue at the Lelouch thread. This is Suzaku's place, after all.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:21   Link #1976
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
one question, why didn't suzaku asked for geass on top of being a knight?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:27   Link #1977
NoLongerSane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
one question, why didn't suzaku asked for geass on top of being a knight?
Thankfully that writers remembered that Suzaku already has been granted inhuman abilities. Giving him Geass would really have his opponents at a very distinctive disadvantage.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:30   Link #1978
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
one question, why didn't suzaku asked for geass on top of being a knight?
Because maybe Suzaku doesn't want the Geass and all the burdens it carries. I must say that is smart of him too.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:32   Link #1979
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Thankfully that writers remembered that Suzaku already has been granted inhuman abilities. Giving him Geass would really have his opponents at a very distinctive disadvantage.
but he does not have high intellegence like lulu or even xingke, if he has the geass, then it would make up for his lack of IQs.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 23:44   Link #1980
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
but he does not have high intellegence like lulu or even xingke, if he has the geass, then it would make up for his lack of IQs.
He doesn't have to be a super-genius. He isn't a dunce... Besides, he makes up for that in strength and reflexes.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.