AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-16, 21:41   Link #1
farah_ustun
Fumoffu!!

Question weird feeling between bakasan and anbu-aone versions

Hmm.. I just wanted to know if anyone else apart from me has seen both the bakasan and the anbu-aone versions of episode 78. It seems to me that bakasan did a better job this time...

here are some of the details that I found blatantly obvious:

1) Anbu-AonE did not subb the hand signs naruto made whilst trapped in the sand (whilst Bakasan did)...

2) Some of the translation in Bakasan showed the words in Japanese as they were more useful in the context: bakasan: "Naruto Ninpo Cho (book)", anbu-aone: "Naruto Chronicles"... to me, calling it Cho seems more decent in this case. If everything was translated to English, then we might as well call him: Swirl Naruto (whatever naruto would be translated in, and sorry if i got Uzumaki translated wrongly)...

Well here are a few of my points... thanks all for your time
Post yours if u feel like adding some points...

P.S There are also HUGE discrepancies in the opening theme: (e.g. "shadow rider" for Bakasan, and "drunken rider" for Anbu-AonE...)
Old 2004-04-16, 21:45   Link #2
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah_ustun
2) Some of the translation in Bakasan showed the words in Japanese as they were more useful in the context: bakasan: "Naruto Ninpo Cho (book)", anbu-aone: "Naruto Chronicles"... to me, calling it Cho seems more decent in this case. If everything was translated to English, then we might as well call him: Swirl Naruto (whatever naruto would be translated in, and sorry if i got Uzumaki translated wrongly)...
If I can recall, ANBU-AonE has always translated the jutsu techniques into English. Doesnt necessarily make it bad, just different.
Old 2004-04-16, 21:46   Link #3
eLstar
(^_^)v

Sorry, I don't allow a whole thread just for one review of a fansub(s).
Closed Thread