AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-07, 09:58   Link #121
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
What's the real differrence between manga and gamе except Tomoyo point of view ? Any plot differences ? And one more thing... any new rumours about possible translation ?
Littm is offline  
Old 2008-06-07, 16:47   Link #122
Jeiku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I just read the Tomoyo After manga... I really don't want to see this animated anymore. Haha. And now I can't listen to "Life is like a Melody" without thinking of the ending, but somehow, the song sounds all the more beautiful for it.

After watching the Clannad movie and now this, I am desperately hoping that the After Story adaptation has a happy ending. It seems like the only way I can really part from the Clannad universe is to know that everything turns out all right in the end.
Jeiku is offline  
Old 2008-06-07, 18:51   Link #123
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
I just read the Tomoyo After manga... I really don't want to see this animated anymore. Haha. And now I can't listen to "Life is like a Melody" without thinking of the ending, but somehow, the song sounds all the more beautiful for it.

After watching the Clannad movie and now this, I am desperately hoping that the After Story adaptation has a happy ending. It seems like the only way I can really part from the Clannad universe is to know that everything turns out all right in the end.
Spoiler for After Story adaptation:
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline  
Old 2008-06-08, 00:05   Link #124
Jeiku
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for After Story adaptation:
Spoiler for ending stuffs:
Jeiku is offline  
Old 2008-06-09, 03:32   Link #125
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
There were some good stories in Tomoyo After, that I wonder how much they can cram into an episode or two. I wish they would have given at least 5 episodes to work the full story and deliver the hammer at the end of the 4th episode.
__________________
wontaek is offline  
Old 2008-06-17, 07:02   Link #126
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Just wondering, while i haven't and dont plan on playing the Game, I am interested in the manga. but Im wondering if the manga is of Eroge style like the game (im not really into the whole ero games or anything) or the the manga more like Clannad (not ecchi/ero and such)

thx
MercFH is offline  
Old 2008-06-17, 07:30   Link #127
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
It is completely safe, there isn't any ecchi, let alone ero in it.
However, the manga is VERY compressed, and the art style is not consistant at all. More likely, it is a "too digest" summary of the game.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2008-06-17, 08:50   Link #128
Farplaner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I think people are too scared of the ero content just because it is what it is. There is almost no H-scene past the first few days of the game, and they all fit the flow of the story - it's not the cosplay BS they did to the PS2 version which made no sense to me.

And if you really don't want them, just hold the ctrl key and skip past those scenes.
Farplaner is offline  
Old 2008-06-20, 03:14   Link #129
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Oh my! Baka-Tsuki translation project page

June 4, 2008 - Project announced.
Started project to translate Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life to English.
Littm is offline  
Old 2008-06-20, 03:48   Link #130
S0ulz
T_T 5cm more to kiss
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Oh my! Baka-Tsuki translation project page

June 4, 2008 - Project announced.
Started project to translate Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life to English.
Nice i waiting for this x.x I gt the game but dunno how to read
S0ulz is offline  
Old 2008-06-20, 09:15   Link #131
Farplaner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Wow, I'd actually be interested in helping to translate this. The Baka-Tsuki page doesn't seem to have the text available to translate yet though...
Farplaner is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 13:11   Link #132
drmr
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Has there ever been any rumors of an anime adaption of this game?

Even though velocity7 has been trying to get a translation project started for probably over 6 months it will most likely take 3 years to complete. And being such an impatient person (that's me ) I'd be happy just watching an anime version even though I prefer VN's. (don't get me wrong I'm not complaining on how long a translation takes; I know those guys have a hard time trying to finish these projects)

This has probably already been asked (haven't read this thread yet) so shoot me if you like.
drmr is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 13:32   Link #133
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
/me shoots drmr. twice.

The closest you can get to anything indicating an anime version of Tomoyo After is the upcoming DVD only episode which will be based on Tomoyo route in CLANNAD
Proto is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 14:11   Link #134
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Tomoyo After the Manga is very sad T_T . Its just as sad as the Clannad Movie, thats all I'll say. But haha, Tomoyo and Tomoya have been getting it on =P
__________________
LustfulEnvy is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 14:13   Link #135
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
Quote:
Tomoyo After the Manga is very sad T_T . Its just as sad as the Clannad Movie, thats all I'll say. But haha, Tomoyo and Tomoya have been getting it on =P
you know... the way you put it almost sounds like a sarcasm Almost.
Proto is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 15:38   Link #136
drmr
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
/me shoots drmr. twice.

The closest you can get to anything indicating an anime version of Tomoyo After is the upcoming DVD only episode which will be based on Tomoyo route in CLANNAD
Huh?, I thought her route was pretty much covered within the first series? Comes to show how much I know!

Muchas gracias...Oh and thanks for the double shot but luckily for me I pushed Sunohara in front .
drmr is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 16:07   Link #137
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
you know... the way you put it almost sounds like a sarcasm Almost.
Haha well the sad part is true. I didn't even noticed that I said it sarcastically. I can't wait for the translation patch to come out, the manga already spoiled it for me though, but oh well.
__________________
LustfulEnvy is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 17:48   Link #138
drmr
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by LustfulEnvy View Post
Haha well the sad part is true. I didn't even noticed that I said it sarcastically. I can't wait for the translation patch to come out, the manga already spoiled it for me though, but oh well.
Yeah well I already made that mistake by watching Kanon tv before the translation was finished, I won't be making that mistake again (nothing worse than spoilers before reading a good VN!, unless the due date for the translation is many years into the future ).

Btw whats your sig about?, that wouldn't be the manga you keep mentioning or is it something you made up?

Edit: Whoops your sig just disappeared after my post! so scratch that last question.
drmr is offline  
Old 2008-06-27, 18:01   Link #139
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmr View Post
Yeah well I already made that mistake by watching Kanon tv before the translation was finished, I won't be making that mistake again (nothing worse than spoilers before reading a good VN!, unless the due date for the translation is many years into the future ).

Btw whats your sig about?, that wouldn't be the manga you keep mentioning or is it something you made up?

Edit: Whoops your sig just disappeared after my post! so scratch that last question.
Offtopic (Sorry)
I Didn't make it I just resized it into a sig, Its Churuya-San a chibi version Of Tsuruya from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya

Back To Topic:


Tomoyo After: Dear Shining
Thats The Manga Im talking about. Covers parts of the visual novel I think.
__________________
LustfulEnvy is offline  
Old 2008-06-29, 13:33   Link #140
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
One question - is there any english guides for pc version of "Tomoyo After" or full (with a really good discribing of all variants) japanese ?
Littm is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.