AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-06-27, 23:07   Link #41
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You're saying it as if you are generalizing that all men think nothing but of sex .
well not always at least 85 to 90% of time. Gotta leave room for sports and other things
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 01:15   Link #42
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You're saying it as if you are generalizing that all men think nothing but of sex .
men think about sex every 6 seconds or so, making that less than 20% of the time!

and ^if we consider yuri fantasies the rating goes wayup to 50%, babes on cars making it 60%, cheerleader fetish ===> 80%, secretary/colleague/teacher/classmate fantasies => 99%

Spoiler for . . .:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 01:29   Link #43
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
You're saying it as if you are generalizing that all men think nothing but of sex .
I never said anything about sex, hehe. Not all guys are that shallow, ya know. Of course it pops up once in a while, since we have to stay healthy. I just wish I could read girls minds so I could tell them what they wanna hear. I also keep rude comments or how I think of people to myself. Same goes for woman right?

Anyways The only
way Tsubaki will ever understand Urabe is by reading her mind. So understanding Her is impossible.
__________________
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 08:51   Link #44
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
men think about sex every 6 seconds or so, making that less than 20% of the time!
This is like, the most repeated urban legend of all time.

I suspect it comes into being because girls just can't understand us! You know you want it too so don't make excuses like we're the only ones feelin' it!
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 09:27   Link #45
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
This is like, the most repeated urban legend of all time.

I suspect it comes into being because girls just can't understand us! You know you want it too so don't make excuses like we're the only ones feelin' it!
AMEN!
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 12:41   Link #46
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by LustfulEnvy View Post
I never said anything about sex, hehe. Not all guys are that shallow, ya know. Of course it pops up once in a while, since we have to stay healthy. I just wish I could read girls minds so I could tell them what they wanna hear. I also keep rude comments or how I think of people to myself. Same goes for woman right?

Anyways The only
way Tsubaki will ever understand Urabe is by reading her mind. So understanding Her is impossible.
you will NOT understand somebody even if u can read their thoughts, comprehension and reading skills are worlds apart
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 16:51   Link #47
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
The point is that Tsubaki and Urabe (and Oka to an extent) can literally share their feelings with each other, which allows them to understand each other in a way no other people can. And when Tsubaki and Urabe go all the way (which I hope is before Ueno and Oka do it 'cause I'd like to see Tsubaki one-up Ueno at least once in this series), I think that they will open up their hearts and minds to each other and become one in a new and different way.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 20:55   Link #48
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
And when Tsubaki and Urabe go all the way (which I hope is before Ueno and Oka do it ...
The author said a while back there won't be any sex in the story due to the age of the characters, so you'll just have to imagine that chapter for yourself. (I expect there will be some doujinshi which cover it though....)
__________________

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 22:01   Link #49
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
^How old are the characters? and the mangaka could imply the sex and not show it. Also, I doubt there will be a doujinshi.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 08:34   Link #50
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
The author said a while back there won't be any sex in the story due to the age of the characters, so you'll just have to imagine that chapter for yourself. (I expect there will be some doujinshi which cover it though....)
see for me this is quite an anomaly. most guys withdraw from something when they realize that there isnt going to be any more"action" than what is already presented(and what was shown sometimes was really too much teasing )

even if there will be no sex, i'd still follow the series. it gets mysterious enough to lure me in.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 09:55   Link #51
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
even if there will be no sex, i'd still follow the series. it gets mysterious enough to lure me in.
that and we want at least a kiss
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 19:39   Link #52
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Re age, according to an author's note at the end of vol 2 they're all 16. However in Vol3 they're all listed as being 17.

Rereading the Vol2 note, I think I probably misinterpreted it. In talking about why he chose their ages, he says that although university students would probably have sex, he feels junior high school ones shouldn't be having sex. I assumed that he meant the characters were junior high school students, but now I look at it again I thihk that's not right, surely at 16 going on 17 they are senior high school, so he is saying we can't say for sure how such people would behave. So in fact he is leaving the matter open. (I think...)
__________________

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 11:47   Link #53
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Bah, I'm not impressed with this new chapter
Spoiler for chap 18:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:46   Link #54
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 25
You disliked it for Ueno, I disliked it for Oka!

Spoiler for ch 20:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:52   Link #55
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I thought the chapter was ok, nothing special but Oka is kind of cute so I don't mind the odd chapter about that pair. I am looking forward to the focus returning to our most weird of couples though. The chapter cover of Mikoto with the leaves blowing around was nice. There's something irresistable about girls whose hair falls over their eyes....
__________________

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 19:51   Link #56
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
I was dissapointed that after waiting for awhile for the chapter this is what we get. I seriously find Oka annoying, I don;t know why but I feel that way. I mean I don't need to see her and Ueno swap saliva. Im reading for Tsubaki and Ueno. At this rate there has been more development between Ueno and Oka than with Tsubaki.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 16:34   Link #57
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I was dissapointed that after waiting for awhile for the chapter this is what we get.
If past performance is anything to go by, we're probably in for a rash of chapters in quick succession: the scanlators seem to do a volume at a time, so we gets lots or none at all depending on whether a new volume has just come out.
__________________

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 23:38   Link #58
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
If past performance is anything to go by, we're probably in for a rash of chapters in quick succession: the scanlators seem to do a volume at a time, so we gets lots or none at all depending on whether a new volume has just come out.
I probably worded it wrong what i meant to say is that the author writing this chapter was for lack of a better word a waste. Did not add anything to the main focus. I don't mind the waiting at all, I appreciate what the translator's do.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 03:43   Link #59
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire View Post
Spoiler for ch 20:
too true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I seriously find Oka annoying, I don;t know why but I feel that way. I mean I don't need to see her and Ueno swap saliva. Im reading for Tsubaki and Urabe(fixed >,>). At this rate there has been more development between Ueno and Oka than with Tsubaki.
I don't think Ueno and Oka swap saliva(except maybe when they kiss).

The time that has passed for Ueno/Oka as a couple compared to Tsubaki/Urabe, it's only natural for the former to have more development than the latter. How she acted around Tsubaki in the first chapter was seemed really distant and Tsubaki didn't understand her at all. Since then, they've done a decent amount of things together and shared a range of feelings. Being a little under a year(I think >.>) and Urabe being the kind of girl she is, I think its quite a bit of progress.


I enjoy Oka since her teasing kinda puts a chink in Urabe's monotone appearance(it was funny when she was teasing Tsubaki too, but that was nothing special)though I AM just getting tired of Oka comparing herself and Ueno to Urabe and Tsubaki. Its getting repetitive :\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 15:57   Link #60
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
too true. I don't think Ueno and Oka swap saliva(except maybe when they kiss).

The time that has passed for Ueno/Oka as a couple compared to Tsubaki/Urabe, it's only natural for the former to have more development than the latter. How she acted around Tsubaki in the first chapter was seemed really distant and Tsubaki didn't understand her at all. Since then, they've done a decent amount of things together and shared a range of feelings. Being a little under a year(I think >.>) and Urabe being the kind of girl she is, I think its quite a bit of progress.


I enjoy Oka since her teasing kinda puts a chink in Urabe's monotone appearance(it was funny when she was teasing Tsubaki too, but that was nothing special)though I AM just getting tired of Oka comparing herself and Ueno to Urabe and Tsubaki. Its getting repetitive :\.
Okay maybe I got the two names wrong I meant the two girls swapping saliva. And now that you mention it I seriously don't care about there paring either.
__________________
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.