AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-17, 15:51   Link #41
Spooky-Electric
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

WTF this anime pissed me off more than any anime I've ever seen before. I don't know how people can like this series so much when it plays tennis with your emotions.

I could never watch this thing again.

I don't know if I "hate it" but it's so emotionally draining and I felt so angry many times watching it.
Spooky-Electric is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 16:22   Link #42
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
It's personal preference. Some people like to have their emotions played--in a make-believe TV Show that mirrors reality--It's cathartic for the many who like this show, including me. After all, it(the animated experience) is better than having yourself played in life--which may or may have happened, or will happen, to any given person. Having this show provides a catharsis for those who have been played and can relate to one point of the plot or a few; and for those who haven't, this show and those dicussions we engaged in on the KimiGa~ forum may invariably allow them to deal with "life" better.

There's good in this show, despite the emotional roller-coasters
__________________
夜空に星が瞬くように Yozora ni hoshi ga matataku youni,|Sure as the nightsky full of twinkling stars,
溶けた心は離れない Toketa kokoro wa hanare nai|There shall be no separating these melting hearts;
例えこの手が離れても Tatoe kono te ga hanare temo|Even if these hands should ever part,
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 18:20   Link #43
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
One anime I don't really like (I'm not going to use the word 'hate' here) is Kenshin, which everybody seems to put into their top twenty list. I haven't even watched most of the 2nd part (where the story diverges from the manga), but for some reason I still couldn't help but be bored of it. I mean, a lot of the characters were definitely cool, some of the fights were cool, and the background for the story is also cool. I loved the Memories OVA. But for some reason I just didn't like the TV series. It's even weirder when you take into account that I've watched Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece, and other similar long action series without TOO much of a problem (not saying that I love those series, but at least I don't dislike them).

Another one a lot of people seem to like that I disliked quite a bit (more intensely than Kenshin) is Onegai Twins. I watched Onegai Teacher and (despite its flaws) thought it was pretty good. I just couldn't stand Twins though. I mean...the slightly incestual theme, plus the occasionally cameo made by Onegai Teacher characters, that stuff just really didn't sit well with me. And besides, I didn't care whether they were related or not. I just kept thinking, "Big deal! Get on with your lives!"

Other than these two series, the anime I hate is hated on enough by others, so I won't even get into those
Gold_Rogers is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 19:24   Link #44
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Caladan
Some I can think of right now:

Of course DBZ & SM
Love Hina
NGE
and the recent Midori no Hibi.

Grifis
__________________
"I have a dream..."
Grifis is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 19:26   Link #45
Anime Master
Flame Demon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Ok every one might gutt me for this but here it goes. I really really hatel of the hate all the street fighter stuff because in my opinion its boreing. For instance Ryu hadoken takes like 3 hours (slite exaderation) to charge up! come on my attion span is closer to five seconds!
__________________
"Can this be the end... splaat!" Vash[IMG]
Anime Master is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 19:51   Link #46
Kaoru27Umi
Jounin
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Konoha
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Kaoru27Umi
I must have to agree with just about everyone else... yes Dragonball Z sucks ass. I'm very sorry if you like this show, but seriously watching the world blow up in "5 minutes" in about 10 episodes... come on people!

I'd also have to say:
Yugo Negotiator (i only saw one, but geez it's boring!)
Area 88 (not interested in planes... )
Kikaider (... i just can't say anything but WTF mate? )
Lain
Tokyo Mew Mew (just no... )

well that's my two cents

~~~>Kaoru
__________________
Kakashi: I guess that means rivalry is a mysterious thing
aha ha ha ha ha… Hello

Gai: My springtime of life rival, Kakashi…
That weird reaction of yours is “hip”, and makes me mad
Kaoru27Umi is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 19:57   Link #47
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
1. Naruto
2. Pita Ten
3. That new loli anime aishit something
4. Onegai Twin
5. Fumoffu
6. Aoi Yori Aoshi
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 20:23   Link #48
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
3. That new loli anime aishit something
i
It's Ai shiteruze Baby. And it is not Loli by any means. Since you made the above statement, I have to ask you, "have you actually seen it?"

I cannot fathom a person sick enough to derive a Loli-con(complex) on this show--then again we live in a sick world

Still, this show was not made with the lolicons in mind. This show is based on a comic serial that runs(or ran) in the Japanese comics magazine "Ribbon," which caters to the young female audience, if I'm not mistaken.

This show is an endearing tale of an abandoned 5 year-old girl and her unlikely caretaker--a highschool student(male). Before you go off on that, the highschool student has displayed zero sexual interest in said 5 year-old.

If this show is, as you say, a "loli," then every movie starring Dakota Fanning is a loli-con flick. I find that notion incredibly disturbing.
__________________
夜空に星が瞬くように Yozora ni hoshi ga matataku youni,|Sure as the nightsky full of twinkling stars,
溶けた心は離れない Toketa kokoro wa hanare nai|There shall be no separating these melting hearts;
例えこの手が離れても Tatoe kono te ga hanare temo|Even if these hands should ever part,
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 21:03   Link #49
uzumaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
uzumaki is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 21:59   Link #50
Guts
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ...
Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
Thread on anime trivia you like or hate no#2000
Guts is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 23:14   Link #51
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA,
Age: 26
I agreed with the people that disliked Gundam Wing. The CN censorship was horrible.
Then I read the Gundam Wing: Episode Zero "manga." It makes you appreciate the series a lot more...
I am very hesitant to watch Narutaru after watching the opening. Can anyone offer me some support?
__________________
Slade xTekno is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 23:21   Link #52
Melazoma
Avatar Back Shortly
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Away from any Draft Board Personnel
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I agreed with the people that disliked Gundam Wing. The CN censorship was horrible.
Then I read the Gundam Wing: Episode Zero "manga." It makes you appreciate the series a lot more...
I am very hesitant to watch Narutaru after watching the opening. Can anyone offer me some support?
All I can say is... the opening sequence of Narutaru amounts to blatant false advertisement. See it, and all the while keep in mind this: "the show itself is almost the exact opposite of its OP sequence."

It'll be... an experience.
__________________
夜空に星が瞬くように Yozora ni hoshi ga matataku youni,|Sure as the nightsky full of twinkling stars,
溶けた心は離れない Toketa kokoro wa hanare nai|There shall be no separating these melting hearts;
例えこの手が離れても Tatoe kono te ga hanare temo|Even if these hands should ever part,
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.
Melazoma is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 23:33   Link #53
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumaki
Ahem... uh the name of this thread is not 'what you hate' thread but "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like? "... if everyone hates dbz, then you cant put it here...cmon ppl use your brains. (sheesh)
just becoz all the dragonballz haters are gathered here, it doesn't mean dragonballz isn't popular! and in fact, i think it's a very popular series, everyone does go on about it...hmm...hehehe funny how much influence an anime has in our lives
__________________
The supreme happiness is to know you are loved because of who you are, no, better, inspite of who you are

yukari_kiss is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 23:39   Link #54
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I actually quite like dragonballz...but once it got to GT i'm like, is this ever going to finish? Anyways, here are a few anime everyone seems to adore but i just can't stand:

1) Any Gundam series (sooooo boring, maybe i'm just not a robot-y person... but i love FMP...hmmmm)
2) Evangelion ( never got me interested, even though my friends tried to brainwash into thinking it's good....i simply just can't)
3) Tenchi Muyo (never liked that one much either, it's quite popular, isn't it?)

can't think of any other ones right now...but those three....*shiver* sorry to all those who like it...i tried likeing them, i honestly did...but it just didn't work
__________________
The supreme happiness is to know you are loved because of who you are, no, better, inspite of who you are

yukari_kiss is offline  
Old 2004-04-17, 23:42   Link #55
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA,
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari_kiss
just becoz all the dragonballz haters are gathered here, it doesn't mean dragonballz isn't popular! and in fact, i think it's a very popular series, everyone does go on about it...hmm...hehehe funny how much influence an anime has in our lives
Because of it's immense popularity, this anime was continued. The creator actually wanted to stop at Cell.
I do not like DBZ. However, I will give it credit along with Pokemon as being mainly responsible for the spread of anime in America.
__________________
Slade xTekno is offline  
Old 2004-04-18, 00:49   Link #56
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: edge of my dream in the land of twilight...ZzzZzZ
The only one I can think of would be NGE, although "hate" is such a harsh word I prefer dislike.
__________________
Wandering_Youth is offline  
Old 2004-04-18, 01:25   Link #57
tektonik
I can see that speed
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
Gundam Wing was one of the primary offenders for a very long time. This show was just far more popular than it ever deserved to be. The characters were flat, many were forgettable. They didn't stand for anything, often just moving to advance the action without any real storytelling significance. The main characters and their mecha were all far overpowered, only ever coming into some sort of dire situation through blatant plot devices and horrible writing. The overall plot was painful to comrehend, there was nothing deep or insightful about it, yet the show tried to spin it off in just that light. It was simply garbage designed to cause conflict, without there really being a reason. None of the villains ideas held any merit, and the show did not even attempt to justify why these characters thought as they did in anything remotely resembling a believable manner. None of this was a problem of americanization either, as the fansubs were just as wretched.

I tend to disagree, My main draw to it was the philosophy of war that was a common theme in that anime.

I don't like one piece. I just don't. Doesn't keep my attention. Then again. I used to hate Naruto then 2 months later I watch it again and now have all the episodes and manga.
tektonik is offline  
Old 2004-04-18, 01:45   Link #58
emessen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
i hate scryed with a passion...

but i hear nothing but good reviews from people...

i cant believe i sat thru all of the episodes... i hate kazuma and the other guy... it was just
so... boring...
__________________
Hook'em
emessen is offline  
Old 2004-04-18, 11:02   Link #59
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Hmmm. Interesting thread. In that case, I would have to say the anime series of Fushigi Yuugi. (I haven't read the manga, nor am I even planning to in the future.)

And no, it's not because of the series having a cast which are primarily men. In fact, I actually thought the story had a lot of potential from the very beginning. The problem for me is that the story just needlessly prolongs itself that it became stale and boring over time.

I also hated the idea that the heroine depends too much on her guardians for protection, despite it being quite logical with respect to her situation. Let's just say I prefer "stronger" female characters--at least with regard to personality. Moreover, I found Miaka simply annoying. I was actually cheering Yui on--who, for me, seemed to be more flawed in a more profound way--and I actually sympathized more with the likes of Nakago more than with Tamahome, despite the latter having lost his entire family on a single day. Overall, the execution of the series was not as holistically sound as I hoped it to be. It was too forced and was driven by too much sentimentality.

One thing I also hate is related to the fact of having Miaka and Yui being transported to another world. This idea initially presents themes of wonder, perspective and scale, that would have been naturally drawn by any person who finds himself/herself in such a situation. These alone would have provided a base for colorful character interaction among different characters with different ways of thinking. Instead, the author chose to focus more on the romantic escapades (which at times seemed naive, and which were really no different than your typical high school love story) that the heroine can't resist getting herself involved in.

In the end, I felt Fushigi Yuugi had a lot of potential, but it just wasn't able to deliver. The element of fantasy ended up being a backdrop most of the time. I know this series is classified under a specific genre, and that the author's intention was obviously different than what I had expected, but still...

Just a difference in personal preferences I guess. No wonder I prefer Juuni Kokki.
kujoe is offline  
Old 2004-04-18, 16:08   Link #60
Banisher
Wannabe Magical Girl
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I have to say Naruto. I'm not fond of shounen anime, even though I can enjoy most of them. But the crowd of Naruto fanboys just made me sick of this show. They are like "when is next ep is out????" and "Oh, another chapter is out, I have to get it in the next 30 seconds or a terrible curse will fall upon me!".

The worst is probably "naruto is the best anime ever!!!". I agree with the fact that everyone can have his own tastes, but... it probably reminds me of the "DBZ is the best!", like you love it because you know very few show beside this one.
Banisher is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.