AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 12:49   Link #341
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
There are signs of the Kyubi, but they didn't show them in the anime.
In the manga, the eyes of Naruto changed just before he summoned Gamabunta, he can't summon him without an additional boost of Kyubi's chakra.

And he used the Kyubi's chakra too to make the 2000 clones, to show the chakra blue (or yellow as it is in the manga) is a mistake of the anime team, Naruto's a stamina and thus chakra freak, but he can't divide his chakra by 2000 + the cost of chakra for each of every clones all by himself.
The very fact that the chakra around him became visible shows that it was the chakra of the Kyubi, Naruto wasn't using a jutsu like the Kaiten or the Chidori, ie a jutsu using so much concentrated chakra that it becomes visible.

There are only few event that allows the chakra to become visible like that just by gathering it : to open the Gates (and there is still much less chakra visible), to use the Cursed seal which tears off literally the chakra of the user (and once again less chakra visible), and at last the chakra of the Kyubi, which is so far the only thing that can create a real aura of chakra.
I just had to revisit the episode with the Anbu's translation. The episode still kicks Grey-hiney. A question to the manga readers which I have been curious for a while. How do you distniguish the color difference between the anime and the manga, i.e. many manga readers complain that how the color of the blood or chakra is not "red" enough. The manga is in black & white (right?) which gives the sense of color (in this case, red or orange), should be in black? Very confused. A visual demonstration would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathy
This guy is a man whore!
Careful Pathy. He is not afraid to use his newly found skill on anyone. I mean on anyone.
Old 2004-04-17, 13:28   Link #342
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
A question to the manga readers which I have been curious for a while. How do you distniguish the color difference between the anime and the manga, i.e. many manga readers complain that how the color of the blood or chakra is not "red" enough. The manga is in black & white (right?) which gives the sense of color (in this case, red or orange), should be in black? Very confused. A visual demonstration would be nice
Yeah the manga is in B&W most of the time with sometimes some differente of grey to show the colors in few chapter.
The chakra isn't red enough just because orange sucks
And I don't think people ever really complain about the color of the blood, more about the lack of it in the anime.

The point to know when the chakra is blue and when it is red is verry simple actually : normal chakra doesn't become visible like that, when it happens for Naruto it's when he uses the chakra of the Kyubi, simple as that.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 13:33   Link #343
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
I've rewatched the episode with the Anbu-aone subs, and find the Opening theme really touching and meaningful. (shows my japanese language really sucks i have to depend on subs to realise how meaningful it is)

And regarding the chakra question, personally it is really weird that Naruto can do so much like summoning Gamabunta or creating 2000 clones, its just impossible with his own chakra IMO. So other than Kyuubi no chakra, I cannot see how Naruto can improve on controlling his own chakra so much when this fight is just after the fight between Neji. Yes he has stamina, but I suppose one cannot retain back so much of his own chakra after the fight and summon Gamabunta. This is all my own opinions. HEE
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 15:21   Link #344
Mongoose

Question

Just a small note about the technical aspects: is anyone else noticing some ghosting during the new intro? The intro is a continuous scroll, and the backgrounds seem to have a lot of blurriness and stuttering compared to the Shin Otaku version of the intro. (The rest of the episode seems fine.) Is it just my computer being slow, or is it the encoding?
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 15:58   Link #345
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
The point to know when the chakra is blue and when it is red is verry simple actually : normal chakra doesn't become visible like that, when it happens for Naruto it's when he uses the chakra of the Kyubi, simple as that.
Damn why didn't i come up with that one shiiiit. Was trying to convince them that it was not Naruto's own chakra. Especially xavier where are you dude?!?!
Old 2004-04-18, 12:44   Link #346
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

*looks around* Will I get a lot of people on my neck for what I'm about to say?

If Naruto used Kyubi chakra to make all the clones, wouldn't that make the whole "To protect someone precious to him, he becomes stronger" thing a waste? I mean, if Kakashi can make a thousand clones when he's nearly depleted, why shouldn't Naruto be able to make them when he has just warmed up and realized that true power comes when fighting for/with someone? I know it sounds fishy for a 13 year old to summon that much chakra, but I just hope there's a whole lot more to him than that seal on his stomach...
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a normal kid without the seal, rather that he wouldn't have to be...
Old 2004-04-18, 13:02   Link #347
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
*looks around* Will I get a lot of people on my neck for what I'm about to say?

If Naruto used Kyubi chakra to make all the clones, wouldn't that make the whole "To protect someone precious to him, he becomes stronger" thing a waste? I mean, if Kakashi can make a thousand clones when he's nearly depleted, why shouldn't Naruto be able to make them when he has just warmed up and realized that true power comes when fighting for/with someone? I know it sounds fishy for a 13 year old to summon that much chakra, but I just hope there's a whole lot more to him than that seal on his stomach...
I'm not saying he wouldn't be a normal kid without the seal, rather that he wouldn't have to be...
well, Kakashi didn't make usefull clones though, he said he was bluffing, so I guess he made them just appear, but I don't they were able to do any good fighting... and: I don't see why the animators would make such a mistake. they sure as hell aren't stupid at the point to do something like that..???? it probably cost them about 1 hour to do that scene.. plenty of time to realize the mistake. and indeed; it would make the whole "true strength when protecting somebody" quite useless... and naruto wasn't able to control his chackra well because of the five-seal for a long time, rmember..?? well, even then he was able to come up with some good chackra production during the fight at the end of the 2nd exam (against .the "lucky"-guys)
Old 2004-04-18, 13:15   Link #348
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

First Kakashi never make a thousand clones, he did some tens of them and as he said himself, he was bluffing.
His clones were useless, they were so empty of chakra that they couldn't even fight against the pitiful hoodlums of Gaku.

Then to take your words, why the 'To protect someone precious to him, he becomes stronger' thing would become a waste?
The fact is that to protect his friend Naruto was able to use his secret strength, that's the whole point of the training of Jiraiya.

I can't give you a precise example because one can't use the spoiler tag anymore in the episode thread but the fact is that Naruto can't create 1000 or 2000 clones in his normal state (without even speaking of summon Gamabunta ^^).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 13:57   Link #349
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

okay, the wise Hunter has spoken... I will kick down my inner-kabuto-maniac and live with your answer, even if its the entire opposite of what I think... gosh it's hard to live with that, but I trust u hunter-san. if I ever get to know you were wrong, I will put everything you've said in my sig! (maybe kidding, maybe not, will see about that later..)
Old 2004-04-18, 14:03   Link #350
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

he is not wrong so forget it