AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-03, 00:04   Link #461
zalem
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Yeah, I hate it. And it's not like I don't like Maaya...I've liked some of her songs in the past (Hemisphere is great), but that one is just terrible.
__________________
zalem is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:08   Link #462
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
It doesn't matter whether Maaya voices the leading character or not, Triangular is the most publicized single out of those three. Her song is the friggin' OP and is played in every ep.

It's a matter of quality. Triangular isn't bad but can't be compared to Maaya's old songs and there are many of her singles that had lesser sales than this
nanatsusaya is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:16   Link #463
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Please don't lose your head off. ^_^ Out of all those sales, people buy them for different reasons. Some because it's May'n and they don't care what's it about, some buy it because it's Sheryl Nome, some buy it for both reason, and some buy it because the song is just really well-done. I repeat, everyone buys them for different reasons. It's the same for Megumi's, only difference is, this is her first time breaking through the music industry. The ones pulling for Megumi are Ranka fans and the quality of the song. Other than her relatives, she doesn't have those people who would gladly buy her album unconditionally just because she's the Megumi Nakajima. That's the difference between a pro and a debutant.
Wait. So you mean that there aren't people just buying this thing because it contains songs from Macross Frontier? Or even because it had one or two catchy tunes that they just happened to like?

Critical acclaim and quality is a completely different story.

But this has nothing to do with Sheryl. Would you like to continue this discussion in the music thread, instead?
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:20   Link #464
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Except Ranka is all I luvvvvvvvv uuuuu!!! While Sheryl is more haha, I did it again!

Well, until now anyway. Sheryl just realized she f*cked up~ But I am sure you see the difference.

- Tak
You're kind of exaggerating Ranka a bit. I think she only laments not being able to pursue Alto because of her career (she's been way more busy than Sheryl for most of the series). She probably doesn't know what she feels, but not having spent time with the guy hasn't given her the chance to get some perspective. Hopefully since they seem to be stranded together, we'll see if she actually enjoys his company or vice versa.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:21   Link #465
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
I feel like we should be discussing this in the Music thread, but if Maaya were to voice one of the lead females, let's say Ranka, then of course Ranka's single will be skyrocketing right now. It's a given they would give Maaya better songs to suit her character and all that.

Anyway, I don't think Triangler is bad. I'm not the only one who can say this. I mean, I applaud Maaya's range and didn't even recognize it was her until I saw her name on it. I can't believe that was the same voice that voiced Aeris Gainsborough from AC. :P She's awesome.
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:23   Link #466
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You kidding? Sheryl's the one who's been most active at securing his time and attention. He's been at her beck and call ever since episode 8. Before that, she was stalking the guy to get her earring back, which turned out to be merely an excuse to do so.

At this point, I might agree that Ranka is obsessed, but only because I don't think Alto's worth her attention. Sheryl at least seems to enjoy teasing the crap out of the guy, what's Ranka's reason for wanting his company or attention? He listens to her?
Lets see if I can list a few of the reasons, at least the ones that pop into my mind. He saved her life(possibly want first got her interest), I think she believes him to be fairly good looking from her comments about him, he supports her singing, he inspired her to pursue her dream(as much if not more than Sheryl), he teases her on occasions(You're so mean, Alto-kun), and she seems to enjoy his company. I don't see what other reasons she needs to have for liking him. Sheryl enjoys teasing Alto so what? Does Ranka need to change her personality to match Sheryl's? She's Ranka Lee! Not Sheryl Nome.
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:32   Link #467
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Lets see if I can list a few of the reasons, at least the ones that pop into my mind. He saved her life(possibly want first got her interest), I think she believes him to be fairly good looking from her comments about him, he supports her singing, he inspired her to pursue her dream(as much if not more than Sheryl), he teases her on occasions(You're so mean, Alto-kun), and she seems to enjoy his company. I don't see what other reasons she needs to have for liking him. Sheryl enjoys teasing Alto so what? Does Ranka need to change her personality to match Sheryl's? She's Ranka Lee! Not Sheryl Nome.
They haven't spent much time at all together, yet she's still interested in the guy. Normally infatuation wanes with time and seperation. And really, Ranka's been way too busy to entertain thoughts about the guy, but she continues to do so.

I think obsessed is too strong a word, since she doesn't become bitter over not spending time with him or having his attention, and she isn't going crazy either, but the fact she's still interested in him is hard for me to understand.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:43   Link #468
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
They haven't spent much time at all together, yet she's still interested in the guy. Normally infatuation wanes with time and seperation. And really, Ranka's been way too busy to entertain thoughts about the guy, but she continues to do so.

I think obsessed is too strong a word, since she doesn't become bitter over not spending time with him or having his attention, and she isn't going crazy either, but the fact she's still interested in him is hard for to understand.
Wait... what? Because her feelings for him aren't going away just because they're apart somethings wrong with her? Are your feelings for other people so fickle that being apart would cause them to disappear? I haven't seen an girl I liked when I lived in Hawaii for 2 years but I still have feelings for her. They didn't up and vanish because we're separated by an ocean. That she continues to think about him is a good thing. It shows that her feelings are deeper than normal infatuation. Your thinking is hard for me to understand.
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 00:46   Link #469
mike_s_6
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I'm not sure if you're upset or what, but I'm pretty sure if Maaya Sakamoto voiced one of the lead characters here in MF, she'll have far better sales than May'n or Megumi.
Oh, but sadly we'll never know that. The issue I was pointing out is that the amount of sales do not equate to the size of the fanbase that the artist has before they were involved in the animation. I have to agree that the 8000 difference is not just due to May'n having 8000 more previous fans. That is just a wild guess. Sheryl has been more popular than Ranka in almost every forum in the net, and it's not because her singing voice May'n previously already had fans. She just, is, popular. That's one factor where we have real metrics, not guesses. Add that to the comparative quality of the songs, Sheryl's CD would really have higher sales.

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2008-07-03 at 00:50. Reason: Reposted in Music Thread
mike_s_6 is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 01:04   Link #470
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in California
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Not necessarily....Triangular was a truly awful song.
YES! THANK YOU! Haha!

I'm so glad Sakamoto-san never became a seiyuu for any of the MAIN characters in Frontier....if she had, I would have boycotted the show.

Although if she is indeed doing a minor role, I can tolerate it.

That woman is a horrible person! AAAARRRRHG! I had first hand experience with that b-i-t-c-h at Anime Expo 2005....the woman is a fricken diva and her manager drove me completely up the wall while I was working in Green Room.

Plus the woman is Agoraphobic which cracks me up! I was amazed we got her to perform at all LOL.


--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
__________________
===================
Wolfie's Online Portfolio
http://www.wolfies-den.com/

Projekt MUSE is Back! Girls, Guns, Mecha and More!
http://www.projektmuse.com/

Lone Wolf's World of Popculture Goodies
Latest news on Comics, Manga, Anime, Video Game, Etc...
http://www.lw-concepts.com/lw
lone_wolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 01:49   Link #471
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I don't see how you can call Ranka's worrying about Alto's gift and not about Sheryl anymore worse than Sheryl's own actions. When Ranka saved them, was she happy? Was she glad about that her and the other captives being saved? Was she happy about avoiding a senseless battle? Was she happy about the lives that were saved? Nope she was upset. Ranka showed her up and was able to do something she wasn't. Not only that but Ranka was able to give Alto his birthday present while she was unable too. So Sheryl's somehow now the victim and Ranka the bad person? How about all the other times when Sheryl showed her up? Are you going to break out the cross and burn Ranka in effigy for doing the same thing Sheryl's been doing for most of the series?
You are a real work of art my friend. I'm not surprised by your posts though, considering earlier ones I've read from you. I'll just be simple, as it's late, and most everyone else has already posted my thoughts in their own way.

Ranka pops up and saves the day, and all she can think about is Alto. Sheryl, and the other hostages could have been dead for all she knew. She never is shown to give one THOUGHT about anybody else, but Alto. This is not the first time in the series, she has shown this type of thinking(episode 7 when she finds out Alto and her brother are fighting in space anyone?). Also, her gifts, are gifts that she herself would want from someone. She hasn't considered what the receiver of the gifts would think, or she just assumes that whatever she likes, they would like. Not a true gift...

Sheryl on the other hand, came up with a gift idea, that she KNEW without a doubt that Also would like. She knows him far better than Ranka does right now. She's also delirious from her illness, and not thinking completely straight in episode 12(have you ever had an extreme fever? You don't think clearly when your brain is cooking). She gets some sympathy in how she acted, because she's extremely sick. Ranka is not sick, and hasn't been shown to be sick so far in the series.

I really hope Ranka grows up. Right now she's in the Minmei(series version) room, and that's not an area I had hoped she'd be in when I started watching this series(I've already explained my hatred for the series Minmei over the past 20+ years in earlier threads).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, OK, she could have shown more concern for Sheryl. But as I said, I don't believe it's truly an obsession for Alto's birthday.
She could have shown more concern for Sheryl? How about just SOME concern for Sheryl. She showed absolutely NO concern for her. None. Zero. Zilch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
So Sheryl's unconcern of Ranka's feeling toward Also is worse than Ranka's unconcern of Sheryl's well-being? May be stepping down and letting Ranka have Alto all to herself will make her a better person, you think?

Alto isn't anyone to claim and I say Sheryl works her charm very well. It isn't her fault that Ranka's outshined. Since when two rivals in love have to consider about each other's feeling?

The point is, while Ranka's all about Alto, Sheryl on the other hand has other concerns like her works and Galaxy. Ranka did show her concern to Sheryl once in ep7, but in ep12 after meeting Alto she completely forgot about everything else, even her idol. That's not really nice from a friend pov.
Thank you for voicing quite a bit earlier, my almost exact thoughts on this.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 02:03   Link #472
Tsuchiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

She could have shown more concern for Sheryl? How about just SOME concern for Sheryl. She showed absolutely NO concern for her. None. Zero. Zilch.
Yup.. When they were watching the broadcast of Sheryl collapsing, all she ever thought of was "We have to save Alto" and showed no concern over Sheryl whatsoever.
Tsuchiro is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 02:07   Link #473
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Ranka pops up and saves the day, and all she can think about is Alto. Sheryl, and the other hostages could have been dead for all she knew. She never is shown to give one THOUGHT about anybody else, but Alto. This is not the first time in the series, she has shown this type of thinking(episode 7 when she finds out Alto and her brother are fighting in space anyone?).
If someone had asked her to help, I'm sure she would have, even without Alto in the mix. Him being there as someone she personally knew compelled her to act. It's not like it's her job to selflessly help strangers that are literally lightyears away from her. She's just an entertainer.

Quote:
Also, her gifts, are gifts that she herself would want from someone. She hasn't considered what the receiver of the gifts would think, or she just assumes that whatever she likes, they would like. Not a true gift...
Sheryl gave him tickets to her farewell concert. It's somehow wrong for Ranka to present for her debut? Besides, Ranka wanted to take the oppurtunity to personally express herself to him, and have some alone time to get more aquainted with eachother.

Quote:
Sheryl on the other hand, came up with a gift idea, that she KNEW without a doubt that Also would like. She knows him far better than Ranka does right now.
Because she's spent most of her time at Frontier with him, whether he liked it or not. Ranka has not because she's been busy and thus hasn't really had the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
Yup.. When they were watching the broadcast of Sheryl collapsing, all she ever thought of was "We have to save Alto" and showed no concern over Sheryl whatsoever.
If I were Ranka, I wouldn't have. It's not like they're friends or anything.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 02:29   Link #474
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
Yup.. When they were watching the broadcast of Sheryl collapsing, all she ever thought of was "We have to save Alto" and showed no concern over Sheryl whatsoever.
My point exactly. She's showing signs of Minmei all over again. And I hated Minmei.

Thanks for reminding me of that scene Tsuchiro. She's now behind Grace and firmly in last place for me in terms of the order that I like the female characters in this show.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 02:31   Link #475
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You are a real work of art my friend. I'm not surprised by your posts though, considering earlier ones I've read from you. I'll just be simple, as it's late, and most everyone else has already posted my thoughts in their own way.
I take that as a compliment.

Quote:
Ranka pops up and saves the day, and all she can think about is Alto. Sheryl, and the other hostages could have been dead for all she knew. She never is shown to give one THOUGHT about anybody else, but Alto. This is not the first time in the series, she has shown this type of thinking(episode 7 when she finds out Alto and her brother are fighting in space anyone?). Also, her gifts, are gifts that she herself would want from someone. She hasn't considered what the receiver of the gifts would think, or she just assumes that whatever she likes, they would like. Not a true gift...
She's in love with Alto. If the person you were in love with was in danger would they take priority over everyone else in your mind? I think its a good thing she's moving away from the idol worship of Sheryl. Yes Sheryl has helped her out and given her advice but this doesn't mean that she as precious as Alto to her. She mentioned in Ep11 she mentions to Sheryl she was thinking of getting him something else in addition to the tickets. She was definitely considering Alto's wants.

Quote:
Sheryl on the other hand, came up with a gift idea, that she KNEW without a doubt that Also would like. She knows him far better than Ranka does right now. She's also delirious from her illness, and not thinking completely straight in episode 12(have you ever had an extreme fever? You don't think clearly when your brain is cooking). She gets some sympathy in how she acted, because she's extremely sick. Ranka is not sick, and hasn't been shown to be sick so far in the series.
Apparently Ranka's manager wasn't good enough to book her to play at Galia IV also. Sheryl took advantage of the opportunity while Ranka couldn't because she never got the opportunity. This doesn't mean Sheryl knows him better just that she had better luck. In the end Alto says Ranka coming to save them was the best gift ever so I think she knows how to give a good gift.

Sheryl being sick doesn't change her actions. She understood clearly that in the first place that she should have never come to the planet sick but all she worried about now is getting Alto his gift. Sheryl is as much an Alto-holic as Ranka. She wouldn't have joined his school, kissed him in Ep10, shows signs of jealously towards Ranka, dragged him on a date, and invited him to Galia IV in the first place if she wasn't.

Quote:
I really hope Ranka grows up. Right now she's in the Minmei(series version) room, and that's not an area I had hoped she'd be in when I started watching this series(I've already explained my hatred for the series Minmei over the past 20+ years in earlier threads).
Minmei never did anything for Hikaru or even considered his feelings so I thinks she miles away from Minmei. Minmei only thought about herself. And she was annoying and needed to die in like Ep6 so I could have been spared the torture of watching her horrible character.


Quote:
She could have shown more concern for Sheryl? How about just SOME concern for Sheryl. She showed absolutely NO concern for her. None. Zero. Zilch.
Yea Sheryl didn't seemed very concerned about Ranka either, who was a half a second away from dying.
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 02:53   Link #476
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
She's in love with Alto. If the person you were in love with was in danger would they take priority over everyone else in your mind? I think its a good thing she's moving away from the idol worship of Sheryl. Yes Sheryl has helped her out and given her advice but this doesn't mean that she as precious as Alto to her. She mentioned in Ep11 she mentions to Sheryl she was thinking of getting him something else in addition to the tickets. She was definitely considering Alto's wants.
She doesn't love him. We aren't at that stage yet. At least I hope we aren't, because the progression has sucked quite a bit if she does.

Quote:
Apparently Ranka's manager wasn't good enough to book her to play at Galia IV also. Sheryl took advantage of the opportunity while Ranka couldn't because she never got the opportunity. This doesn't mean Sheryl knows him better just that she had better luck. In the end Alto says Ranka coming to save them was the best gift ever so I think she knows how to give a good gift.
Sheryl was available for the relief work (Ranka was not) and supposedly had a personal interest in going to Galia IV due to the rumors of Galaxy Survivors. And I think it's okay to admit that Sheryl does know him better than Ranka by virtue of enslaving him.

Quote:
Sheryl being sick doesn't change her actions. She understood clearly that in the first place that she should have never come to the planet sick but all she worried about now is getting Alto his gift. Sheryl is as much an Alto-holic as Ranka. She wouldn't have joined his school, kissed him in Ep10, shows signs of jealously towards Ranka, dragged him on a date, and invited him to Galia IV in the first place if she wasn't.
She probably overestimated herself after surpressing the symptons with medicine. She probably felt like she could perform when they set out, but likely worsened along the way. Could have happened to anyone really.

Someone mentioned the possibility of joining the school for PR reasons, with Alto as a personal bonus. She hasn't shown any signs of personal jealousy of Ranka. Though she is quite obsessed with Alto since he's probably the closest person to her in her entire existence (Sheryl's loner tendencies make her kind of boring don't you think?)

Quote:
Minmei never did anything for Hikaru or even considered his feelings so I thinks she miles away from Minmei. Minmei only thought about herself. And she was annoying and needed to die in like Ep6 so I could have been spared the torture of watching her horrible character.
He didn't formally approach her as a suitor. I think that's what it really came down to. He wooed her without announcing his intentions. Of course, I've only watched ten episodes.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 03:08   Link #477
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
She's in love with Alto. If the person you were in love with was in danger would they take priority over everyone else in your mind? I think its a good thing she's moving away from the idol worship of Sheryl. Yes Sheryl has helped her out and given her advice but this doesn't mean that she as precious as Alto to her. She mentioned in Ep11 she mentions to Sheryl she was thinking of getting him something else in addition to the tickets. She was definitely considering Alto's wants.
Care about your lover more than anyone # Only care about your love and no one else.

Ranka is the second case.

If you take away her idol worship toward Sheryl then there's no feeling left in their relationship because Ranka never, ever concern about Sheryl as a friend. There's only admiration and jealousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Apparently Ranka's manager wasn't good enough to book her to play at Galia IV also. Sheryl took advantage of the opportunity while Ranka couldn't because she never got the opportunity. This doesn't mean Sheryl knows him better just that she had better luck. In the end Alto says Ranka coming to save them was the best gift ever so I think she knows how to give a good gift.
If Sheryl wasn't sick then Ranka would still be moping on Frontier now. So who had better luck?

Since Sheryl has collapsed because of trying too hard to give Alto the opportunity to fly and Ranka went through dangers to save Alto and deliver him her gift, I would say they made equal efforts.

Quote:
Sheryl being sick doesn't change her actions. She understood clearly that in the first place that she should have never come to the planet sick but all she worried about now is getting Alto his gift. Sheryl is as much an Alto-holic as Ranka. She wouldn't have joined his school, kissed him in Ep10, shows signs of jealously towards Ranka, dragged him on a date, and invited him to Galia IV in the first place if she wasn't.
She likes Alto, that's for sure, but her life isn't revolving around Alto. She also doesn't seek Alto and ask for his advices for every turn of her life, unlike a certain someone.



Quote:
Yea Sheryl didn't seemed very concerned about Ranka either, who was a half a second away from dying.
When? Mind you, Ranka had Mikhail & Alto protecting her plus a couple of hundred new Zetrandi fans. As someone has said, the war ended the moment Ranka sang. Meanwhile Sheryl was sick, being held captive and only had Grace who wasn't entirely trust-able by her side. So who needed concern more?

It would be nice if Ranka said, "Ne Alto, didn't you go here with Sheryl? Where is her?"

But no.

As I said, Sheryl showed support and give advice to a complete stranger who had the capability to become her rival in the future. Because she's confident like that. So I say Sheryl concerned about a stranger/rival even more than Ranka ever concerned about her idol.
nanatsusaya is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 03:08   Link #478
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
Oh yeah? The staff even took time to portray Sheryl's worry while leaving Ranka's to fans' imagination. How considerate
I'm not saying it was a matter of time, though there is that, too. I'm saying it would have been awkward to have her go through the names of everyone she knew at SMS.

Sheryl didn't have that problem, since she pretty much only knew Alto. So she thought of one guy - which she didn't name, but we all know who it was - and then, she thought "oh, wait. He's not alone.", so she used an impersonal way of thinking about everyone: a "group of people". A faceless mob + Alto.

Ranka, OTOH, if they'd wanted to detail her worry, would have had to go "I hope my brother, Alto, Michel, Lucas, Klan Klein, and <god knows how many other people she was introduced to>, are all right". Yeah, that's some prize winning line, there.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 03:17   Link #479
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
She doesn't love him. We aren't at that stage yet. At least I hope we aren't, because the progression has sucked quite a bit if she does.
Love can happen very quickly. I'd say she at least has intense feelings for him bordering on love.



Quote:
Sheryl was available for the relief work (Ranka was not) and supposedly had a personal interest in going to Galia IV due to the rumors of Galaxy Survivors. And I think it's okay to admit that Sheryl does know him better than Ranka by virtue of enslaving him.
Her conversation with him before the concert in Ep7 or 6 can't remember which. He does open up and let her into his head a bit. Especially about his feelings about being trapped on Frontier. But this is only real time we see that open with her as he normally presents his aloof side. All the rest of the information she gets about him come from other sources. She was a judge with his father so she figured out about his past from that most likely. And that information doesn't really shed much light on to his problems. Everyone knows that he has a excessive love of flying.



Quote:
She probably overestimated herself after surpressing the symptons with medicine. She probably felt like she could perform when they set out, but likely worsened along the way. Could have happened to anyone really.
Grace was poisoning her. That I'm pretty certain of. Doesn't mean her actions weren't true to her character.

Quote:
Someone mentioned the possibility of joining the school for PR reasons, with Alto as a personal bonus. She hasn't shown any signs of personal jealousy of Ranka. Though she is quite obsessed with Alto since he's probably the closest person to her in her entire existence (Sheryl's loner tendencies make her kind of boring don't you think?)
PR reasons yes I bet that was the reason she just happened to join Alto's school right after going on a date with him and kiss him on the cheek. Her looks in Ep10, Ep11, and 12 give a fairly good impression of jealousy. We don't get any interior monologues from her like we do Ranka but it pretty clear whats going on.



Quote:
He didn't formally approach her as a suitor. I think that's what it really came down to. He wooed her without announcing his intentions. Of course, I've only watched ten episodes.
Hikaru was an idiot too but Minmei was just plain self-centered. If you watch the entire series you'll understand.
Slick_rick is offline  
Old 2008-07-03, 03:23   Link #480
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ranka, OTOH, if they'd wanted to detail her worry, would have had to go "I hope my brother, Alto, Michel, Lucas, Klan Klein, and <god knows how many other people she was introduced to>, are all right". Yeah, that's some prize winning line, there.

'I hope everyone's alright'
would suffice, too

This is getting ridiculous
nanatsusaya is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.