AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-03, 06:08   Link #3041
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zechs View Post
I dislike the fact that he believes himself to be always right in the regards that he will chance society from within.
He just think his path is correct. Just Like Lelouch thinks his is correct. What is the problem here?

Quote:
Well, he is in now, for the most part, and what exactly, has changed? There is simply just more war, and more territory being fought over, the difference now is that he is helping to sieze said territory.
He just wants to help Japan. I don't think he honestly cares about anything else. Also, it was stated earlier that it takes a lot of time to change things from within, so no need to repeat it. Not like Lelouch is doing any better with his rebellion or any thing...<.<

Quote:
I also cannot stand the fact that he sold Lelouch to the emperor, I mean, of all the things he could have done, that was a ridiculously low blow.
Right... That is a low blow, but Lelouoch Geassing someone he cares about, causing a massacre, being FRAMED for said massacre, then when confronted writes it off as "In the past" and brings up Suzaku killing his father isn't... I think Lelouch is lucky Suzaku didn't just shoot him right there pretty much ending everything.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:14   Link #3042
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
I think Suzaku fights for the wrong side. He strives for Britania to change and now Britania has changed him. I still like him a lot {he has gone trough a lot of crap in the past and present} but unless he realizes that Britania is rotten from the roots he won't be able to do anything.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:18   Link #3043
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
I think Suzaku fights for the wrong side. He strives for Britania to change and now Britania has changed him. I still like him a lot {he has gone trough a lot of crap in the past and present} but unless he realizes that Britania is rotten from the roots he won't be able to do anything.
Not everyone is rotten in Britannia. I also don't think his work is in vein either and I do think he has some support behind him too. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:24   Link #3044
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Not everyone is rotten in Britannia. I also don't think his work is in vein either and I do think he has some support behind him too. We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Yeah well not everyone but most of them are.
I'm really looking forward to see his work as well, i have sympathized with this chara from the beginning and i believe he's got a damn good reason for what he is doing.
It's just sometimes he seems a bit TOO attached to Brittania and a bit too idealist. Anyway, like you say, wait and see.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 06:44   Link #3045
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Suzaku really should hang around Gino more often.
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 07:30   Link #3046
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Yeah well not everyone but most of them are.
I'm really looking forward to see his work as well, i have sympathized with this chara from the beginning and i believe he's got a damn good reason for what he is doing.
It's just sometimes he seems a bit TOO attached to Brittania and a bit too idealist. Anyway, like you say, wait and see.
So apparently to you everyone in the Black Knights are good guys and Zero's believe are that of god
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 07:35   Link #3047
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
So apparently to you everyone in the Black Knights are good guys and Zero's believe are that of god
Um... I don't think he said that...<.<
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 07:36   Link #3048
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
So apparently to you everyone in the Black Knights are good guys and Zero's believe are that of god
Eh? Did you read what i said? I never mentioned Black Knights. I'm not taking sides on the war anyway. Both of them are wrong imo.
And WTF? I never said anything about Zero.


EDIT: It's a "she" Orga777. "^^
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 07:38   Link #3049
Silver Soul
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edo Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Eh? Did you read what i said? I never mentioned Black Knights. I'm not taking sides on the war anyway. Both of them are wrong imo.
And WTF? I never said anything about Zero.


EDIT: It's a "she" Orga777. "^^

Oh, Im sorry I wasn't reading the post properly
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 07:39   Link #3050
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
EDIT: It's a "she" Orga777. "^^[/FONT][/B]
Whoops... My bad... <.< hard to tell over the internet ya know...
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 09:29   Link #3051
m1thril
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
lies youre supposed to tell the tone + pitch of voice and know what age they are too :]
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:59   Link #3052
PlatinumSoul
Kalulu fanatic.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: In my room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Suzaku really should hang around Gino more often.
Everyone should hang around Gino more, but that's my biased, personal opinion. Gino is a bit too wild and fun loving to be around Suzaku who has seemed to become more stern. Milly did tell the boy to relax, something he really needs to do. I do love Gino and Suzaku scenes. I want more.
PlatinumSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:15   Link #3053
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Suzaku really should hang around Gino more often.
Agreed. I'm sure Gino wouldn't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSoul View Post
I do love Gino and Suzaku scenes. I want more.
Seconded.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:24   Link #3054
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
I'm not sure why your not allowed to pick sides, like you're supposed to go perfectly down the middle.
There are different ways of going about things, you might prefer one approach over another. Britania's an expansionist power, generally not thought of as "the right side" especially to the conquered. I happen to think if I were thrust in the similar situation I would be a militant resistance. So I favor the Black Knights approach. I allow for the possibility of change from within, but don't think it is the best course of action.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:31   Link #3055
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Who said you're not allowed to pick sides? Of course people can favor one approach more than the other. What we're usually mostly fighting against here is the complete bashing of Suzaku's methods.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:32   Link #3056
kaefer_zwei
Devicer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Philippines
I like the character he's naturally good...
He was still a kid when he killed his father... too young to know what he was doing... so it doesn't really count.
He didn't kill lulu... at the end of season one we'll thats good... the fact that i have not actually seen him kill anybody else for that matter proves he has some good in him.
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:39   Link #3057
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Who said you're not allowed to pick sides? Of course people can favor one approach more than the other. What we're usually mostly fighting against here is the complete bashing of Suzaku's methods.
Well sometimes you do seem abit touchy of anyone disagreeing with Suzaku's methods.

Some people bash Suzaku's methods mainly because there is just very little chance of it succeeding in the current administration. Many times when people are determined to change a monarchy, it is usually done with force rather then through peaceful means.

Frankly on the matter of both of those characters, Lelouch and Suzaku are both hypocrites, just different kinds. It is a matter of what kind of hypocrite you prefer.
__________________

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-07-03 at 18:51. Reason: wrong word -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:49   Link #3058
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaefer_zwei View Post
I like the character
I say we throw a party for you my friend \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well sometimes you do seem abit touchy of anyone disagreeing with Suzaku's methods.
Do I? Nah, I just hate it when people turn up with either the typical "Lelouch is God Suzaku should die and anyone disagreeing is a nazi" argument or when they try and list every one of his faults and compare them to Lelouch's qualities I just hate extremes in general. ^^;

Quote:
Some people bash Suzaku's methods mainly because there is just very little change of it succeeding in the current administration. Many times when people are determined to change a monarchy, it is usually done with force rather then through peaceful means.
It takes time, I'll give you that, but it does have a (albeit little) chance of succeeding.

Quote:
Frankly on the matter of both of those characters, Lelouch and Suzaku are both hypocrites, just different kinds. It is a matter of what kind of hypocrite you prefer.
Agreed.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 18:59   Link #3059
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Do I? Nah, I just hate it when people turn up with either the typical "Lelouch is God Suzaku should die and anyone disagreeing is a nazi" argument or when they try and list every one of his faults and compare them to Lelouch's qualities I just hate extremes in general. ^^;

It takes time, I'll give you that, but it does have a (albeit little) chance of succeeding.
Well people just tend to cut Lelouch more slack because they agree with his methods, Suzaku's supporters are the same no? But I do agree it is unfair to compare the faults of one character against the good qualities of another.

The problem with effecting change in a feudal system where the power resides with an upper class minority is that those people tend to like having such power and would prefer the status quo. Hence why I believe Suzaku's method has very little chance of succeeding. I'm not ruling out that he may infact be able to do it someday, but so far he has not really been shown to be doing anything towards that goal, where as Lelouch is making some headway.
__________________
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 19:27   Link #3060
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Well people just tend to cut Lelouch more slack because they agree with his methods, Suzaku's supporters are the same no?
The difference being that there are about ten times more Lelouch supporters than Suzaku defenders, and that there is hardly a thread here safe from extreme Suzaku hate. Sometimes one even gets the impression that we should feel bad for even liking the character in the first place, so it does get tiring. Maybe that's why I may appear a bit harsh towards haters sometimes? ^^; I like people to at least try to be a little objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
The problem with effecting change in a feudal system where the power resides with an upper class minority is that those people tend to like having such power and would prefer the status quo. Hence why I believe Suzaku's method has very little chance of succeeding. I'm not ruling out that he may infact be able to do it someday, but so far he has not really been shown to be doing anything towards that goal, where as Lelouch is making some headway.
Wait, didn't we debate this only a few days ago? Because I recall disagreeing At least you're not completely ruling his method out
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.